Spring Tour Postponed - Letter from the Band

Comments

• MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76

and how about this one:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!
    Maybe he’s right to downplay it?   We have 400(?) cases in a Country of 330m?   I’m sure those numbers grow but the media freakout of “we’re all gonna die!!!” seems a bit overdone. 
    Look at Italy. That’s us in a few weeks. Or do you think Americans are stronger than the rest of the world?
    The entire Country of Italy is under a quarantine.  Do you really think that’s where we will be in a few weeks?  I’m not saying you are wrong, I just want you to clarify.  
    MC185899 said:

MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not surprising but quite telling that so many attacking this decision are coming at it from the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT! YOU MUST WATCH CNN!" angle. It's a default position for too many nowadays. Absolute blindness that they too are guilty of making this a political issue.
    No Jimmy.  The Band(er...Eddie) made this a political issue.  And for no reason.  This administration stopped travel with China months ago when they were roundly mocked for it. This probably saved many lives in the process.  There is no playbook for an outbreak like this.   I think our government has done pretty well considering all the variables involved.   
    And you are free to think that. They are free to watch the bizarre statements our President continues to make and conclude exactly what was stated in the letter. It was a political issue long before yesterday and immediately rushing in to defend your tribe contributes to that. 
    I don’t think it was political(and never should have been political).  Nothing was going to stop this thing from spreading as long as people were traveling all over the world on planes, cruises etc....  The political party in charge wasn’t going to change any of that.  Not to mention that China was slow to report the truth.  This thing could have been here months ago for all we know.  But blame our politicians for that.  Don’t blame China for trying to keep it under wraps.  👍🏻 
    If you don't think this was political before yesterday then you either haven't been paying attention or are simply not being honest. Again, defending your tribe from any and all criticisms contributes to politicization. 
    It definitely IS political.  It just didn’t need to be.  Politicizing it doesn’t help make anyone safer.  We should all be coming together to help get through it.  Not sniping at the President in order to score political points.  
    it's not scoring political points. it's calling it as they see it. he's a fucking idiot that is doing nothing but hurting this effort. he is spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories about a real fucking threat to his 30M followers, many of whom believe every turd that drops out of his mouth. 
    No.  He’s not spreading misinformation.  He’s doing the best he can in a situation that nobody saw coming. How about giving him credit for stopping travel with China when most were mocking that decision?  He saved countless lives with that move.  He’s not trying to misinform anyone.  That’s pure spin. 
    This is Trump:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.” NOTE: The CDC advises people displaying symptoms to stay home and self-quarantine unless seeking medical care.

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

Current status: As of noon March 8, 2020, coronavirus is in 30 states plus the District of Columbia. Known U.S. cases exceed 400. The death toll stands at 19.

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

I mean... it's all right here for everyone to see, but somehow we're supposed to pretend this shit doesn't happen?

Most of this list is just fluff.  Nobody really thinks he was going to work for the CDC at one time, do they? 

Exactly, everything out of him has been fluff. He has no plan to help Americans, he couldn't give a fuck.

Keep up your trolling though, you've really made quite an impression today.

It’s not trolling.  It’s just not agreeing with you.  There is no “plan” to stop a virus like this.  The government wasn’t going to stop people from getting on planes and cruises and going to sporting events.  This virus might have been here months ago thanks to China not disclosing the issue when it first arose.  I think we’ve done a good job containing it under the circumstances.  I think it could have been a lot worse by now. 
    lol
    In other words....you can’t dispute anything I said there.  Better to just not respond at all next time. 
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Eddie made a statement about the government, not Trump. Trump does not have as much power as some pretend that he does. Trump doesn't have as much power as he pretends he does. Eddie was right but I don't think it was all intellectually honest. No government can stop a world wide virus pandemic. They can slow it down, which I believe the US has.

On the other hand, when Pearl Jam raised 11 million from the Seattle home shows, I didn't see Eddie complaining about how Seattle, King County and Washington State governments have so poorly handled the drug fueled homeless crisis. They continue to handle this situation poorly and Eddie doesn't seem to mind and doesn't speak out against it.

If he wants to pick on the "government", he shouldn't pick and choose sides.
    Eddie is an intellectual lightweight who panders to the masses to score “woke “ points.  As if anyone REALLY believes a 99.9999%er like him would be against Capitalism???  I think not.  
    HOOOLLLLLY SHIT!

Did you follow the way they distributed the tickets to this non-tour?

Every seat was the same price, and they disabled the ability to resell them.

That is the most non-capitalistic thing I've seen in this country in a LONG time.

I'll even say how much as a free market capitalist I personally hated it, but the dude is clearly against capitalism in many ways.
    If he’s so against it, I look forward to him splitting up his fortune with those of us on this board.  Capitalism has made him richer than 99.99999% that have ever lived.  He’s exactly the guy that Bernie is railing against(even though Bernie is a zillionaire, too).  Both are total frauds. 

It reminds me how they rail against big oil and the environment while they are whisked all around the Globe On private jets.  That’s always one of my favorites.  
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not surprising but quite telling that so many attacking this decision are coming at it from the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT! YOU MUST WATCH CNN!" angle. It's a default position for too many nowadays. Absolute blindness that they too are guilty of making this a political issue.
    No Jimmy.  The Band(er...Eddie) made this a political issue.  And for no reason.  This administration stopped travel with China months ago when they were roundly mocked for it. This probably saved many lives in the process.  There is no playbook for an outbreak like this.   I think our government has done pretty well considering all the variables involved.   
    And you are free to think that. They are free to watch the bizarre statements our President continues to make and conclude exactly what was stated in the letter. It was a political issue long before yesterday and immediately rushing in to defend your tribe contributes to that. 
    I don’t think it was political(and never should have been political).  Nothing was going to stop this thing from spreading as long as people were traveling all over the world on planes, cruises etc....  The political party in charge wasn’t going to change any of that.  Not to mention that China was slow to report the truth.  This thing could have been here months ago for all we know.  But blame our politicians for that.  Don’t blame China for trying to keep it under wraps.  👍🏻 
    If you don't think this was political before yesterday then you either haven't been paying attention or are simply not being honest. Again, defending your tribe from any and all criticisms contributes to politicization. 
    It definitely IS political.  It just didn’t need to be.  Politicizing it doesn’t help make anyone safer.  We should all be coming together to help get through it.  Not sniping at the President in order to score political points.  
    it's not scoring political points. it's calling it as they see it. he's a fucking idiot that is doing nothing but hurting this effort. he is spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories about a real fucking threat to his 30M followers, many of whom believe every turd that drops out of his mouth. 
    No.  He’s not spreading misinformation.  He’s doing the best he can in a situation that nobody saw coming. How about giving him credit for stopping travel with China when most were mocking that decision?  He saved countless lives with that move.  He’s not trying to misinform anyone.  That’s pure spin. 
    This is Trump:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.” NOTE: The CDC advises people displaying symptoms to stay home and self-quarantine unless seeking medical care.

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

Current status: As of noon March 8, 2020, coronavirus is in 30 states plus the District of Columbia. Known U.S. cases exceed 400. The death toll stands at 19.

I mean... it's all right here for everyone to see, but somehow we're supposed to pretend this shit doesn't happen?

Fox News and other right-wing media outlets run cover for him 24/7. None of the crazy gets through. It is all sanitized. None of the blame sticks. It is always someone else. 
    Right right.  Because CNN and MSNBC are giving you the REAL news every night.  For example, that Trump had more ice cream than his other guests at a dinner.  Our media is garbage. All of it.  
    He served McDonald's and Wendy's to the NCAA champions like the common Walmart discount rack shopper he is under those baggy as fuck shitty suits he wears when they came to visit the White House.
    The kids seemed to love it.  I guess they should have asked your opinion first.  
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:

MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    This is Trump:

Most of this list is just fluff.  Nobody really thinks he was going to work for the CDC at one time, do they? 

Exactly, everything out of him has been fluff. He has no plan to help Americans, he couldn't give a fuck.

Keep up your trolling though, you've really made quite an impression today.

It’s not trolling.  It’s just not agreeing with you.  There is no “plan” to stop a virus like this.  The government wasn’t going to stop people from getting on planes and cruises and going to sporting events.  This virus might have been here months ago thanks to China not disclosing the issue when it first arose.  I think we’ve done a good job containing it under the circumstances.  I think it could have been a lot worse by now. 
    lol
    In other words....you can’t dispute anything I said there.  Better to just not respond at all next time. 

Nah, you're just trolling.

Have fun.

This thread has become really disheartening, so many people who seem intent on just arguing for the sake of arguing
    NO WE DON’T!!!!
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    The arguing is pathetic. Have you guys noticed that pretty much everyone else has left this thread? Stop littering the place with your BS please.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    This is Trump:

Fox News and other right-wing media outlets run cover for him 24/7. None of the crazy gets through. It is all sanitized. None of the blame sticks. It is always someone else. 
    Right right.  Because CNN and MSNBC are giving you the REAL news every night.  For example, that Trump had more ice cream than his other guests at a dinner.  Our media is garbage. All of it.  
    He served McDonald's and Wendy's to the NCAA champions like the common Walmart discount rack shopper he is under those baggy as fuck shitty suits he wears when they came to visit the White House.
    The kids seemed to love it.  I guess they should have asked your opinion first.  
    lol your supreme leader is thee most incompetent human to be in charge of a human crisis like this! 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Don't worry @MC185899, the last laugh will be when he gets reelected for another 4 years.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    Hey @Sea you shut down the Covid19 thread , how about this one? It's no longer about "letter from the band"
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Eddie made a statement about the government, not Trump. Trump does not have as much power as some pretend that he does. Trump doesn't have as much power as he pretends he does. Eddie was right but I don't think it was all intellectually honest. No government can stop a world wide virus pandemic. They can slow it down, which I believe the US has.

On the other hand, when Pearl Jam raised 11 million from the Seattle home shows, I didn't see Eddie complaining about how Seattle, King County and Washington State governments have so poorly handled the drug fueled homeless crisis. They continue to handle this situation poorly and Eddie doesn't seem to mind and doesn't speak out against it.

Eddie is an intellectual lightweight who panders to the masses to score “woke “ points.  As if anyone REALLY believes a 99.9999%er like him would be against Capitalism???  I think not.  
    HOOOLLLLLY SHIT!

That is the most non-capitalistic thing I've seen in this country in a LONG time.

I'll even say how much as a free market capitalist I personally hated it, but the dude is clearly against capitalism in many ways.
    If he’s so against it, I look forward to him splitting up his fortune with those of us on this board.  Capitalism has made him richer than 99.99999% that have ever lived.  He’s exactly the guy that Bernie is railing against(even though Bernie is a zillionaire, too).  Both are total frauds. 

It reminds me how they rail against big oil and the environment while they are whisked all around the Globe On private jets.  That’s always one of my favorites.  
    Why are you here?  You clearly seem to dislike Ed and the bands politics. Why support them then?  
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:
    You guys need to understand that Trump is not that bad.  We all just have TDS.  We exaggerate everything about him, and make it look like he's an abject fucking buffoon circus clown with a bunch of followers with an average IQ of 7 that think everything he says is the truth....even if it's clearly and provably false.

It's not that big of a deal that the President speaks at a 5 year old level, while lying or completely making up literally everything that he says, to 1/3 of the country that eats it up with a spoon.

Get a damn grip already. 
    Best economy in 50+ years and lowest unemployment ever.  These things used to matter.  

“But he tweeted something mean!!”
    The fact that you think Donald Trump....the orange moron that cannot spell the simplest words and Randomly Capitalizes Words! and "uses random quotes" for no reason whatsoever is responsible for the economy is the funnest shit anything you guys on the other side ever say.

If you wanna say the apparatus that he is the face of has made certain decisions and implemented certain programs and policies that you agree with, and they have had certain impacts you like we can talk.

As soon as anyone tells me they think that this man....Donald Trump himself....is personally responsible for anything I tune them out.

I'll bet you $1,000 he doesn't even know how to check goddamn email.
    Who cares if he knows how to check e-mail??  That’s your barometer for a good politician?  YIKES. 

This incredible economy has all happened on his watch, like it or not.  You can’t give him credit for anything, so what’s the point of trying to discuss it with you?  You are completely irrational on the topic. 
    This economy is only “incredible” for some. Mostly already wealthy shareholders.  For most it is indeed worse than under Obama when wages and income still made it down to the lower 50 percent of the economy.  A bunch of part time jobs with no benefits do not do anything to help out the majority of the populace. If your measure of a healthy economy is the stock market you are blind to the rest of the world around you and are likely part of the profits over people problem dominating society these days.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    JW269453 said:
    Fuck social media, this forum is the only "connection" I haven't cut out and now it is basically facebook with a little bit of Pearl Jam sprinkled in. People choosing to live based on likes and comments are savages. Is there anywhere on this site that follows a thread and doesn't turn into political arguments?
    You'll feel cleaner once you let Facebook go too... I did..  
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    myoung321 said:
     A band thats been political since day one (30 years), now you're shocked and appalled?   

Really WTF?  I wouldn't go to Ted Nugent concert, even though I listened to his music as a kid and loved it. His politics made me dislike everything about him and I wouldn't support his politics with my money.  

But all are welcome here!  A portion of your ticket money will go to VitalogyFoundation ... Thank you for your continued support of the bands causes! 

Preach!!!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JB16057 said:

HOOOLLLLLY SHIT!

Why are you here?  You clearly seem to dislike Ed and the bands politics. Why support them then?  
    I still enjoy the live shows.  Is that OK?
    This Thread has jumped the shark!

---- 

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Please keep the discussion civil.
    Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

Please see the Posting Guidelines.

Thank you

"Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this....."

Has any nation been able to get ahead of this?
    JB16057 said:
    "Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this....."

Of course not.   But let’s blame our government anyway. 
    MC185899 said:
    JB16057 said:

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    myoung321 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JB16057 said:

You all are! Both sides. Holy shit. Enough. There’s countless other threads for this. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JB16057 said:

It depends on what is meant by getting ahead. We could have been as prepared as possible (which is what I'm sure they meant), but instead were way behind the eight ball with no ability to test, and therefore no way to determine spread, identify hot spots, etc... Epidemiologists use a method called surveillance testing to figure out where the hot spots are and take appropriate action. Part of the problem there was that the Feds decided to create their own test rather than use the WHO test guidelines. Turns out the CDCs test didn't work properly and was only authorized to be used in state labs. So we had no good test and limited lab capacity. We are only JUST NOW starting to build capacity and test people. So perhaps "get ahead" was the wrong line, but "be prepared, organized and have a plan in place" certainly didn't happen. Instead there was dismissal and nonchalance. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Trump fired the pandemic response team in 2018.  Then made Pence the organizer.   
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Ok, but what other nation(s) has handled this better and how?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    This is Trump:

....and there it is.

People....and their desire to actually listen to the words that the most powerful man in the country says as though they matter!

He talks differently.  He has a different style.  He exaggerates.

The important thing, which we can all agree on, is that he is Making America Great Again!
    So, when was it great? To what time in history is he dragging you all back to?
    I’ve been asking this for 4 years. Still haven’t gotten an answer. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Trump fired the pandemic response team in 2018.  Then made Pence the organizer.   
    This.  x100000
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2
    MC185899 said:

and how about this one:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!
    Maybe he’s right to downplay it?   We have 400(?) cases in a Country of 330m?   I’m sure those numbers grow but the media freakout of “we’re all gonna die!!!” seems a bit overdone. 
    Look at Italy. That’s us in a few weeks. Or do you think Americans are stronger than the rest of the world?
    The entire Country of Italy is under a quarantine.  Do you really think that’s where we will be in a few weeks?  I’m not saying you are wrong, I just want you to clarify.  
    No, we won’t go to those extremes in most cases but our hospitals and healthcare system will be overwhelmed. We’ll have a lack of ICU beds and ventilators and people will die that shouldn’t have. 
    edited March 2020
    JB16057 said:
    South Korea tests twice as many people a day than we have tested total. Japan shut down schools and gatherings very quickly. 
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    ComeToTX said:
    JB16057 said:
    South Korea. Probably Japan. 
    What did they do that was better?

This discussion has been closed.