Ohana Festival | Sea.Hear.Now Festival

Comments

• pjhawks said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I hate festivals. Love Pearl Jam , surfing and the beach. Any one here who has attended sea hear now have any insight for me, parking, organization, crowd size etc..   basically, can anyone sell me on going? Haha 
    i have the same questions - parking and/or accommodations somewhere in the vicinity.  
    So for me I live a half hour away, and have attended before so it was a no brainer.

To sway you on going:

Parking: You won’t find parking close but that’s any festival. I was able to find street parking both days I went. But, I didn’t go right at noon, I went in around 5pm both days. The first day I found free parking. I had about a 30 minute walk to the entrance. The second day, I got very lucky, and found street metered parking about a 10 minute walk from the entrance. Plan on parking being a nuisance but it shouldn’t be a factor to not go. A great solution is park in a nearby town like Bradley Beach and get an Uber. Or, take NJ transit which has plenty of stops along the way. Get off at a stop and Uber in. 

Organization: compared to other festivals it’s extremely simple to get around. There’s two main stages that face each other a few hundred yards apart on the beach. When one band is on a main stage there isn’t another one on the other stage. As soon as one main stage act is done, another starts at the other stage, which, like I said, is in sight line of each other. It’s literally a straight line. There is a smaller 3rd stage off the boardwalk that has the smaller acts playing all day.
         On the boardwalk between the two stages is a lot of food and beverages. Line is typically deep, and took us about 15-20 minutes to get a drink around 6-7pm. Might have been worse during the bigger acts. There is food near the 3rd stage as well. It was fine with nearly no wait all day. To go along with the organization, your question about size; it was breathable and wasn’t oversold year 1. Year 2 felt a little more crowded but compared to some other big fests, it’s on the smaller side. 

I can’t speak to the complaints about price and setlist because that’s more perception/personal preference. Hope this helps. 

I’m not a festival guy either @nicknyr15@pjhawks but like I said I’m from the area, been going to shows in Asbury for 25 years. And to stand on the beach and watch music was a quick buy. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    pjhawks said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I hate festivals. Love Pearl Jam , surfing and the beach. Any one here who has attended sea hear now have any insight for me, parking, organization, crowd size etc..   basically, can anyone sell me on going? Haha 
    i have the same questions - parking and/or accommodations somewhere in the vicinity.  
    So for me I live a half hour away, and have attended before so it was a no brainer.

To sway you on going:

Parking: You won’t find parking close but that’s any festival. I was able to find street parking both days I went. But, I didn’t go right at noon, I went in around 5pm both days. The first day I found free parking. I had about a 30 minute walk to the entrance. The second day, I got very lucky, and found street metered parking about a 10 minute walk from the entrance. Plan on parking being a nuisance but it shouldn’t be a factor to not go. A great solution is park in a nearby town like Bradley Beach and get an Uber. Or, take NJ transit which has plenty of stops along the way. Get off at a stop and Uber in. 

Organization: compared to other festivals it’s extremely simple to get around. There’s two main stages that face each other a few hundred yards apart on the beach. When one band is on a main stage there isn’t another one on the other stage. As soon as one main stage act is done, another starts at the other stage, which, like I said, is in sight line of each other. It’s literally a straight line. There is a smaller 3rd stage off the boardwalk that has the smaller acts playing all day.
         On the boardwalk between the two stages is a lot of food and beverages. Line is typically deep, and took us about 15-20 minutes to get a drink around 6-7pm. Might have been worse during the bigger acts. There is food near the 3rd stage as well. It was fine with nearly no wait all day. To go along with the organization, your question about size; it was breathable and wasn’t oversold year 1. Year 2 felt a little more crowded but compared to some other big fests, it’s on the smaller side. 

I can’t speak to the complaints about price and setlist because that’s more perception/personal preference. Hope this helps. 

I’m not a festival guy either @nicknyr15@pjhawks but like I said I’m from the area, been going to shows in Asbury for 25 years. And to stand on the beach and watch music was a quick buy. 
    Super helpful thank you! 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Erbs said:
    Is it easy to get from LA to the festival? because I'm guessing LA is the closest big city?

Thinking about flying over....... .. . . . KOL, MMJ, PJ, EV, BF :O 
    Its about equidistant from LA and San Diego. I hate LA traffic though. 
    San Diego was cheaper and easier to get in and out for me last year.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Just purchased tix to Sea Hear Fest. I figure it will sell out soon with the Spring PJ Tour being postponed. At least i still have one show on the books now.
    I have to pay 205 for a ticket that was $125 a little while ago? Awesome 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    edited March 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    I see what you are saying. I had to pay that as well. But to be fair the $125 tickets were up for a while before the lineup was announced and they gave fair warning that the prices would go up over time. I even got a last chance email to buy cheaper tickets. I considered getting the $125 over a month ago but decided to take the gamble and wait until the lineup was announced. I lost on that gamble. But it’s ok. Still very excited to go to the show - now more than ever. 
    MF117973 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I see what you are saying. I had to pay that as well. But to be fair the $125 tickets were up for a while before the lineup was announced and they gave fair warning that the prices would go up over time. I even got a last chance email to buy cheaper tickets. I considered getting the $125 over a month ago but decided to take the gamble and wait until the lineup was announced. I lost on that gamble. But it’s ok. Still very excited to go to the show - now more than ever. 
    I hear you. I didn’t really follow the lead up to the line up announcement. That whole way of selling tickets is just ridiculous. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    MF117973 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I hear you. I didn’t really follow the lead up to the line up announcement. That whole way of selling tickets is just ridiculous. 
    I would never buy tickets to a festival before I knew what bands were playing.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    MF117973 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Seems like the normal way of thinking. Apparently we’re the different ones 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    MF117973 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The hints were there...!
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    Can anyone who is not going to Ohana share their code with me?  I used mine already and now have a few more family members to get tickets for.  Thanks!!
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
      Does anyone know what's left for sale for Ohana pre-sale?  I can't help but imagine not much is left, cuz the Spring postponement of Pearl Jam- I dont know. Like what if one only wants Sun. pass only ... And I wish I could tell that there wont still be the pandemic problems by that time- cuz Ive got people with conditions that need to try to keep safe around me...
  • Wait are PJ playing both days at See Hear Now?
    One day 

looking forward to this 
    PJ are closing the festival on Sunday at see hear now
  • Wondering why PJ only gave us the pre sale code for Ohana Festival & not  The Sea Hear Now Festival?
  • Wondering why PJ only gave us the pre sale code for Ohana Festival & not  The Sea Hear Now Festival?
    I would think it’s because curates the Ohana and doesn’t have a say on how SeaHearNow is run 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    If one buys a pass for OHANA, can you sell it later on if you can't attend? Or is it like fanclub tickets to concerts, that it is locked to you personally?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    If one buys a pass for OHANA, can you sell it later on if you can't attend? Or is it like fanclub tickets to concerts, that it is locked to you personally?
    I was wondering that also. But now it's 3/13, so the Live Nation sale is today for OHANA-but if one used their Ten C presale code by PT time last night for Ohana -good move!
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    NEweather said:
    I was wondering that also. But now it's 3/13, so the Live Nation sale is today for OHANA-but if one used their Ten C presale code by PT time last night for Ohana -good move!
    Ohana tickets will be wristbands that will be delivered to you, so you would be able to sell them to someone else if you’re not able to make it. Be advised that they don’t ship wristbands until closer to the festival in September so it’s a shorter turnaround timeframe once received.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    Plenty of tickets available for Ohana right now
    They are linked to your name but you can easily hand one to someone else to wear. It is never a problem
    kasedoug said:
    NEweather said:
    Ohana tickets will be wristbands that will be delivered to you, so you would be able to sell them to someone else if you’re not able to make it. Be advised that they don’t ship wristbands until closer to the festival in September so it’s a shorter turnaround timeframe once received.
    Plenty of tickets available for Ohana right now
    Thankyou for the info.
  • JportJport Staten Island NY Posts: 3
    So disappointed that MSG was canceled but I fully understand. I got tickets for Asbury Park so pumped. I hope this is under control by then. 
    I know where free, safe parking is in Dana Point...for those that go farily early. PM me and I'll tell you.
    Jport said:
    So disappointed that MSG was canceled but I fully understand. I got tickets for Asbury Park so pumped. I hope this is under control by then. 
    Postponed 
  • MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    I was thinking about flying from the east coast to go to this.. but now I'm not sure. Will they let large crowds like this come September? 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Nobody knows.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    Coachella is less that two weeks after so, I think with all the lockdown now on the West Coast and all other blue states, it should be ok by then. Perhaps they'll put a secret cap on ticket sales soon as a precaution.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Ohana has a ticket cancellation insurance you can buy.  Plus most airlines are doing buy tickets and get no fee switching until points deep into 2021.  

If it is postponed or cancelled you won't be on the hook.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    PB11041 said:
    Ohana has a ticket cancellation insurance you can buy.  Plus most airlines are doing buy tickets and get no fee switching until points deep into 2021.  

If it is postponed or cancelled you won't be on the hook.
    The question was whether crowds will be allowed in Sept., not whether there’s a way to buy with an exit strategy if they aren’t.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 583
    Fingers crossed for these 2 shows. First visit to Ohana but I very much doubt these will be going ahead.
This discussion has been closed.