PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    They had a link to sign up for the contest if you are a SXM subscriber, which I did this morning.  Also, call in crap, I guess.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    They had a link to sign up for the contest if you are a SXM subscriber, which I did this morning.  Also, call in crap, I guess.
    Where was that? I didn’t get one for Pearl Jam in email today. Only Alanis morissette lol 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    It was one of the first posts in the thread, here, I believe.
    Also, will enter through Omaze.  Covers MsG and the SXM show, VIP style.
    Good luck!
    https://www.omaze.com/products/pearl-jam-nyc

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Only thirty some seconds and I fucking love it. Give me this whole album now damn it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I hate to be that guy but the singing is horrid on that clip.  Wtf is that?
    Music is much better, though.

Y'all go for RATM today?
    Got MSG1 Tix.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Only thirty some seconds and I fucking love it. Give me this whole album now damn it!

can't wait
    I hate to be that guy but the singing is horrid on that clip.  Wtf is that?
    Music is much better, though.

Y'all go for RATM today?
    Got MSG1 Tix.  

gonna wait til the camden show and try for tix when they go on sale in may.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Rage for Camden doesnt go on sale until May, and I'm pretty sure it's because of Firefly.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Rage for Camden doesnt go on sale until May, and I'm pretty sure it's because of Firefly.
    Yeah it was because of firefly. Hopefully less hassle with the later date. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    What is Firefly?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What is Firefly?
    Festival in Dover DE
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    What is Firefly?
    Festival in Dover DE

Thanks.  Looked it up - so the thought is that RATM wants to sell tickets to that spot first and not allow people to skip the festival, knowing that they have tickets to see them in Camden.
    Makes sense.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    fuck RATM for supporting Mumia
    There has been a show going under the radar on WHYY called, "Check, Please - Philly". 

In this vein someone send a rec on a BYO. Something outside of South Philly, and convince me why I should try it.
    Does need to be in Philly?

Sagami in Collingswood.
    Excellent Japanese.
    Sushi is top shelf but I tend not to eat that there all that much since I am a whacko sushi orderer and want to have exchanges with the chefs/tweaks and mostly sashimi.  (Pretty much have to order straight from menu there)
    Food is really, really, good - everything they serve has been so.

Does need to be in Philly?

Sagami in Collingswood.
    Excellent Japanese.
    Sushi is top shelf but I tend not to eat that there all that much since I am a whacko sushi orderer and want to have exchanges with the chefs/tweaks and mostly sashimi.  (Pretty much have to order straight from menu there)
    Food is really, really, good - everything they serve has been so.

Ok. I'll put it on the list, but, yes, most likely Philly. Or something easily reached by public transportation. Mayyyybe the Philly 'burbs (PA side) since we have family there that could babysit.
    You can take the patco from Philly to Ferry Ave.  - about half a mile walk.  Not your all star neighborhood but i don't think it is bad.  Could always get am Uber for $5 from there.

All the Philly places we like are not byos

You can take the patco from Philly to Ferry Ave.  - about half a mile walk.  Not your all star neighborhood but i don't think it is bad.  Could always get am Uber for $5 from there.

All the Philly places we like are not byos

This is true. I know Patco is super convenient, but my geography of Jersey amounts to either The Shore or the Wegmans in Cherry Hill.

Most of the BYOs are in South Philly. This place Jaxon in Northern Liberties seems like it might be worth it.
    Annnnd new song out, and.....I have to temper my expectations.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    pjhawks said:
    fuck RATM for supporting Mumia
    They have turned out to be right about many other things (Some of those who burn crosses are the same as those who work forces - we all see that now!). It would be nice if they would apologize about this.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited February 2020
    New song is too mid 2000's PJ for me. I like...music is a catchy enough... but it's been done before. Too much Matt Cameron punkiness. Too many lyrics and Ed's gonna forget half of them live. Hopefully its just one of the weaker tracks...DOTC is much more interesting and I'm still listening to that more than the new one. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • New song is too mid 2000's PJ for me. I like...music is a catchy enough... but it's been done before. Too much Matt Cameron punkiness. Too many lyrics and Ed's gonna forget half of them live. Hopefully its just one of the weaker tracks...DOTC is much more interesting and I'm still listening to that more than the new one. 
    I dunno, for a second single released prior to the album, it may be what they consider one of the better ones.

I agree with the rest though. Sounds like a Backspacer song. A better song (to me anyway) than those upbeat Backspacer songs (Fixer, Supersonic, Johnny Guitar), but still a Backspacer song. Nevertheless, I like it alright and think it'll be good live. Might even open a few shows. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I kind of like the video but the lyrics seem like crap.  Music is not bad.
    Agree that this is another one Ed will have to mumble through after too much vino.
    edited February 2020
    Agree that this is another one Ed will have to mumble through after too much vino.
    I actually like the lyrics a little....there's just way too many of them. Other than the "lalalala" part. Haha. How do you cram that many words into such small spaces, but just say "llama" 40 seconds in when the listener is expecting a traditional chorus at that point? Odd song .
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I actually like the lyrics a little....there's just way too many of them. Other than the "lalalala" part. Haha. How do you cram that many words into such small spaces, but just say "llama" 40 seconds in when the listener is expecting a traditional chorus at that point? Odd song .
    Yeah for the most part the written lyrics seem ok. The guitar (Eddie's I believe) that comes in early sounds like a shitty guitar player - which he is for the most part - that is over wayyy produced. And the transitions of the vocals just....suck, in some places. The overall groove has grown on me a bit, but it's not doing a lot for me overall.

Agreed that DOTC is sticking with me longer. I think it's because I'm still holding on to a thread of hope that most of the album will go in that direction as opposed to this. Definitely has a mid-2000's (mostly Backspacer) sound to it.

Here's to hoping to more DOTC sound, or at least different in another way - maybe slower, more acoustic sound. 

But whatever we're a month out from an album and a show and that both feels fantastic and unbelievable at this point.
    edited February 2020
    Ordered a shit load of angelos for the daughters 2nd bday tomorrow. Weirdly they will take catering for everything but pizza so apparently I have to fucking sit there while they make like 4-5 pizzas tomorrow. So dumb but whatever, will be banging. Excited to finally get their sandwiches 
    Ordered a shit load of angelos for the daughters 2nd bday tomorrow. Weirdly they will take catering for everything but pizza so apparently I have to fucking sit there while they make like 4-5 pizzas tomorrow. So dumb but whatever, will be banging. Excited to finally get their sandwiches 
    Sounds similar to ordering pick up at Dalessandro's...

Happy birthday to your daughter!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Awesome!  Happy birthday to the baby girl...

Oh man, The motherfucking Looch.
    That is the chicken and sausage sandwich thing that is badass.  
    Open the Upside Down Jawn and eat a slice right away.  Your guests can wait.  ;)

Thanks, fellas.

Getting the upside down jawn for sure. Don’t have the looch in our order. Looks awesome
    but like a lot for a sliced catering tray. Gonna get a cheesesteak for myself though 
    I considered driving over for a Looch today.
    Taking the five year old to see Sonic at the movies, instead.  
    Something tells me The Looch would be better entertainment than Sonic will be, but gotta enjoy the time w/the little dude.

Did the party go well?

We are lucky that the kid's birthday is in June so we can do a pool party and invite family over and grill up some meat.  In another year or two he will be old enough to have his "friends" party as.a pool party as well.  Much cheaper than the route we go now, but I'm not in favor of 20 five year olds in the pool and half of their parents not paying attention.