Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Meant where is he seeing that we’re getting a semi final game potentially.

Yeah the linc, though I do know there were originally conversations that those concerns/stands that cut in from Sideline to end zone would hold us back from getting the World Cup since the field couldn’t be wide enough for that big of a tournament, but I guess they solved for it
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    edited June 2022
    Cliffy6745 said: to
    pjhawks said:
    World Cup announcement Thursday on Fox.   Heard not only is Philly getting games but also in the running for a semi-final game possibly.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Where is this?  Would be shocked at something like that, but would be sweet.

Gonna be some hard tickets to come by, but I'll be there.
    My brother saw story on phone and let me know. I didn’t see it directly but he is pretty dialed in to soccer.  He said story mentioned Nashville might be out because of stadium issues.  Titans want new stadium so won’t put needed money into current stadium.  If they don’t want Met Life to host both a semi and the Final I could see us getting Semi.  Fox Sports at 5:00 on Thursday for the city announcement 

looks like having a watch party at Love Park for announcement
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    You might get another manager fired
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    Meant where is he seeing that we’re getting a semi final game potentially.

Yeah the linc, though I do know there were originally conversations that those concerns/stands that cut in from Sideline to end zone would hold us back from getting the World Cup since the field couldn’t be wide enough for that big of a tournament, but I guess they solved for it
    oh ok, my bad

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    What's crazy is the Braves are hotter than this right now.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Knebel sucks.  Enough of him

and another horrific error by Realmuto.  He has sucked this year too
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,537
    I don't know how they find such terrible relief pitchers year after year. Like, it must be hard to do.

Why can't Middleton just hire a couple people from the Rays and implement their whole pitcher scouting & development system? Don't we have more money than them? I just don't understand.

World Cup Semifinal would be incredible.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PA really is a fucked up state, makes no sense:

Mastriano is more popular than Oz, which isn't saying much. But to know Fetts is running ahead in polling yet Shapiro is running tighter with this psycho says a lot, and makes me incredibly nervous. And even worse is the Dems want to keep running dumb ads that are the equivalent of what Hillary ran in 2016 against Trump, where the message was to instill fear of what-ifs and reveal their idiocy. Like that works, look how that turned out. Just an absolute garbage state outside of the city-ish area.
  • Options

Mastriano is more popular than Oz, which isn't saying much. But to know Fetts is running ahead in polling yet Shapiro is running tighter with this psycho says a lot, and makes me incredibly nervous. And even worse is the Dems want to keep running dumb ads that are the equivalent of what Hillary ran in 2016 against Trump, where the message was to instill fear of what-ifs and reveal their idiocy. Like that works, look how that turned out. Just an absolute garbage state outside of the city-ish area.
    Philly and Pittsburgh and Pennsyl-tucky in the middle. 
  • Options
    I'm just gonna say, the strategy of insulting swaths of voters in the middle of the state hasn't worked super well in the past. Just saying.

Shapiro is a vanilla candidate, uber qualified though he is. It's gonna take a massive canvassing and GOTV mobilizing effort to defeat Pazz-triano (pazzo is Italian for crazy). I'm attending deep canvassing training tomorrow to go after the POTUS voters who ignore the mid-terms. I think I get assigned 35 voters to work on.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I'm just gonna say, the strategy of insulting swaths of voters in the middle of the state hasn't worked super well in the past. Just saying.

Shapiro is a vanilla candidate, uber qualified though he is. It's gonna take a massive canvassing and GOTV mobilizing effort to defeat Pazz-triano (pazzo is Italian for crazy). I'm attending deep canvassing training tomorrow to go after the POTUS voters who ignore the mid-terms. I think I get assigned 35 voters to work on.
    What I say here and what I would say to Cletus in Elk County are two different things. Just saying.

But you'd also want to tell that to the actual Dem Party that are running the dumbest ads. "This guy was at the Insurrection!" Yeah, man, these people don't care. Plus, tell them what you are going to do for them, not what the other guy is doing that you think is gross.

Rednecks out in the middle of nowhere see a big burly white guy that talks tough (with Fetterman). In Shapiro they see a white collar professional politician, and the state might pay for it because the party didn't challenge him in the primaries. 
  • Options
    Stubbs!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Stubbs!
    now that was a big hit.  good to actually win a series against the Marlins.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,747
    I got home from work, turned on the TV, and he hit the home run like two seconds later. It was so cool. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Stubbs!
    now that was a big hit.  good to actually win a series against the Marlins.
    i think the announcers said we are like 7-15 against the NL East.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341

I almost walked into a wall while I was reading this on twitter earlier today I was so shocked. Really scary. Actually --what's even scarier about 2016 is, at least with this one poll, it shows a closer race at this point than Trump and Hillary back then .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341

What I say here and what I would say to Cletus in Elk County are two different things. Just saying.

But you'd also want to tell that to the actual Dem Party that are running the dumbest ads. "This guy was at the Insurrection!" Yeah, man, these people don't care. Plus, tell them what you are going to do for them, not what the other guy is doing that you think is gross.

Rednecks out in the middle of nowhere see a big burly white guy that talks tough (with Fetterman). In Shapiro they see a white collar professional politician, and the state might pay for it because the party didn't challenge him in the primaries. 
    Are those ads running state wide though? I think they're good for around these parts....Shamokin...not quite as much, agreed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Are those ads running state wide though? I think they're good for around these parts....Shamokin...not quite as much, agreed. 
    I believe I saw something where they were showing ad buys in those parts of the state. Philly and Pittsburgh media areas are pretty big, too, so even though I wouldn't expect someone in Chambersburg to pick up city news they surprisingly do. 
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    5th grade graduation today. It's nice that Macho Man Randy Savage lets the schools use his music.

• Options
    Randy Savage v. Ricky Steamboat WrestleMania 3 FTW.
  • Options
    lol they're having a thing at city hall for the World Cup announcement...I think we're getting games
  • Options
    Ummmm...Houston and KC is a little concerning, but no Denver.
  • Options
    Boom!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    They're doing this world cup in the land of atrocities of human rights, aka Qatar. 
    I still shudder remembering that Real Sports piece on the building of the venues.  Holy fucking shit....

Fuck FIFA, those people should all burn.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Boom!!!
    Should be a blast having it in the city.   Would be cool to have a US game but any games will be cool.

Pulisic has no personality.

Think the people at Fox News are happy Fox Sports has Becky G singing in Spanish?    and 1/5 of the show people were talking in Spanish?  Gotta be some heads exploding over there.
  • Options
    They're doing this world cup in the land of atrocities of human rights, aka Qatar. 
    I still shudder remembering that Real Sports piece on the building of the venues.  Holy fucking shit....

Yeah, it’s not what you want. Also they have to have it in the winter for the first time since it’s literally 130+ in the summer. money can buy things 

i do think most of the people that made that decision are gone and/or in jail, but yeah
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Boom!!!
    Should be a blast having it in the city.   Would be cool to have a US game but any games will be cool.

Pulisic has no personality.

Think the people at Fox News are happy Fox Sports has Becky G singing in Spanish?    and 1/5 of the show people were talking in Spanish?  Gotta be some heads exploding over there.
    Yeah, man. Gonna be fun. Went to 4 games in 94 and plan to go to a few this time around.

pulisic is the best

haha yeah, love it 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667

Yeah, it’s not what you want. Also they have to have it in the winter for the first time since it’s literally 130+ in the summer. money can buy things 

i do think most of the people that made that decision are gone and/or in jail, but yeah
    Glad to learn most of those bastards got fired.  Wonder of the people in Qatar had any backlash.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    After the Russia/Qatar bribery/slavery disaster they have supposedly made reforms. We'll see. England lost the 2018 WC to Russia, then hosted the Euro Final and their fans disgraced their country by stampeding in and attacking Italian fans, so they probably won't get another chance for a long time. I mean, I know Philly fans can get rowdy, but jeez these people really get out of control.

• Options
    Wasn't there a huge brawl at the Linc between like Mexican and Ecuadorian fans when CONCACAF was here? Also, booooo to all of this mess if it even TOUCHES The Meadows at FDR.