All things Transgender related

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    To get back on topic... I've heard theybe before, but never really given it any thought?
    Is baby a gendered term, or is it a way to signify to people a desire to avoid gendering. Or something else?
    Read the thread 
    Thank you, very helpful.
    heres a hint. its within the first 100 or less posts. save for a few relevant posts after that the rest is this useless back and forth that has little or nothing to do with the topic.

it began to stop the derailment of the dem candidate thread. GIF master posted a clip bernies team used of he and rogan on his podcadt. used without permission btw.

THAT began a bunch of fuck that guy, hes a homophobe, transphobe etc....

As it relates to this topic here, Rogan has a specific beef. Undisclosed transwomen competeing in combat sports, i.e. MMA.. With full disclosure and acceptance of the other party for the match he has no issue. Nondisclosure is wrong in his view.

One aspect here that a given individual refuses to address or seems to,  is the physiological aspects of transwomen. This individual has stated the declaration of a transwoman is enough, that they are women , even in the face of potentially male genitalia present. And should be allowed to compete against physiological women from birth.

My arguement is , they shouldnt due to a lifetime of naturally produced anabolic steriods in transwomen. The effects of which on the human body arent so readily reversible with hormone therapy. given the production level AND usage in the body differences, its inherently unfair in competition.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mickeyrat said:
    I wonder what, if any , accommodations will be made once he reaches prison. Would assume he starts out in a juvenile facility intil 18.......

16-Year-Old Pleads Guilty to Murder in Colorado School Shooting https://nyti.ms/3898e0t

frompage 30. with no comment from anyone.
    I am QUITE SURE this young man really is appreciative of the uberadvocate here.... finds his pissing matches most helpful.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    To get back on topic... I've heard theybe before, but never really given it any thought?
    Is baby a gendered term, or is it a way to signify to people a desire to avoid gendering. Or something else?
    Read the thread 
    Thank you, very helpful.
    heres a hint. its within the first 100 or less posts. save for a few relevant posts after that the rest is this useless back and forth that has little or nothing to do with the topic.

it began to stop the derailment of the dem candidate thread. GIF master posted a clip bernies team used of he and rogan on his podcadt. used without permission btw.

THAT began a bunch of fuck that guy, hes a homophobe, transphobe etc....

As it relates to this topic here, Rogan has a specific beef. Undisclosed transwomen competeing in combat sports, i.e. MMA.. With full disclosure and acceptance of the other party for the match he has no issue. Nondisclosure is wrong in his view.

One aspect here that a given individual refuses to address or seems to,  is the physiological aspects of transwomen. This individual has stated the declaration of a transwoman is enough, that they are women , even in the face of potentially male genitalia present. And should be allowed to compete against physiological women from birth.

My arguement is , they shouldnt due to a lifetime of naturally produced anabolic steriods in transwomen. The effects of which on the human body arent so readily reversible with hormone therapy. given the production level AND usage in the body differences, its inherently unfair in competition.
    My argument is trans women are women. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I reread the first 5 pages until the derailment and there was NOT an explanation of why the term theybe is used.  I wanted to avoid Google for a number of reasons, but I guess to Google I go.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    For those who may also wonder, no "baby" is not a gendered term.  I wasn't able to find a firm reason to abandon baby for theybe, it seems it seems like it's a signal to others that you intend to avoid gendering your child.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    rgambs said:
    For those who may also wonder, no "baby" is not a gendered term.  I wasn't able to find a firm reason to abandon baby for theybe, it seems it seems like it's a signal to others that you intend to avoid gendering your child.
    So when someone says... Oh congratulations!  Did you have a boy or girl... do you say "neither"?
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    So when someone says... Oh congratulations!  Did you have a boy or girl... do you say "neither"?
    If it was me, and I had made this choice, I'm guessing I would just say "We had a beautiful and healthy baby!"
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    If it was me, and I had made this choice, I'm guessing I would just say "We had a beautiful and healthy baby!"
    Fair, although avoiding the question a bit.  I guess the proper answer is "we're not sure yet".  
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fair, although avoiding the question a bit.  I guess the proper answer is "we're not sure yet".  
    Yeah, but if you don't already know our intentions you probably aren't close enough to me for me to care if you get the full story lol
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, but if you don't already know our intentions you probably aren't close enough to me for me to care if you get the full story lol
    Good point
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Wait a minute- there are people who have a problem with the word "baby"? 

ba·by
    /ˈbābē/
    noun
    noun: baby; plural noun: babies
    1.  a very young child, especially one newly or recently born.

What in the frickin hell is wrong with using that term?   Good god, I think some people are way too desperate to have something to grouse about.  Is this like an attention getting thing?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

ba·by
    /ˈbābē/
    noun

What in the frickin hell is wrong with using that term?   Good god, I think some people are way too desperate to have something to grouse about.  Is this like an attention getting thing?

I don't think it's a problem with the word, my sense is more that not using it sends a very clear signal that things will be done differently.
    brianlux said:

ba·by
    /ˈbābē/
    noun

Brian - that's been proper nomenclature for a good week now.  Keep up with the times, Boomer. 
    This is such a first world issue.  There are millions of mothers and fathers (or what ever the fuck they are called now) who are just trying to make sure their new born thing has something to eat and here in the first world there are people who are arguing about the word "baby".  Good fucking grief!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    I have said exactly that. 
    brianlux said:
    This is such a first world issue.  There are millions of mothers and fathers (or what ever the fuck they are called now) who are just trying to make sure their new born thing has something to eat and here in the first world there are people who are arguing about the word "baby".  Good fucking grief!
    Straw man
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:
    I don't see why this is so upsetting. If it's not hurting anyone it's none of my business, and I don't think letting a child determine their own gender harmful.

Like you said, I got bigger fish to fry.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    brianlux said:
    Except no one is really arguing about the use of the word baby. Some people are using a different word, which is fine; there are plenty of objects that have more than one name or more than one word to describe them.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

Great song.  Lou Reed!

dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't see why this is so upsetting. If it's not hurting anyone it's none of my business, and I don't think letting a child determine their own gender harmful.

I just think it's ridiculous to say that the word "baby" implies anything other than what the word mean:  a newborn. 

ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    noun: straw man; plural noun: straw men; noun: strawman; plural noun: strawmen
    1. 1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
      "her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"
    Not me.
    1. 2.  a person regarded as having no substance or integrity.
    No way.

Well, which one is it, professor?  Do you see the irony of simply responding to what I said with one simple disparaging name calling? 

brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    1. 1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    Not me.
    No way.

Well, which one is it, professor?  Do you see the irony of simply responding to what I said with one simple disparaging name calling? 
    You’re complaining about people who don’t exist. You’re attacking a straw man. First definition to the letter. 
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

Great song.  Lou Reed!

dignin said:
    brianlux said:

I just think it's ridiculous to say that the word "baby" implies anything other than what the word mean:  a newborn. 
    No one is. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    Not me.
    No way.

What if you're not a man? You can't be a straw man. 
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    Not me.
    No way.

Straw woman?  Straw thing?

All I know is, simply name calling is a cop out.  So I'm out. 

Adios!

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    Not me.
    No way.

Adios!
    I really don’t like Brians who pretend to be from Paraguay. Please stop. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Calling someone's argument a straw man is not name calling, just so everyone's clear.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    Not me.
    No way.

Adios!
    Do you guys remember that hilarious thread after Berkley banned Policeman and Fireman in their code?  That was fun.. especially our favorite PJ bassist Jeff ApersonT.  
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Straw man

straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    Not me.
    No way.

Adios!
    Do you guys remember that hilarious thread after Berkley banned Policeman and Fireman in their code?  That was fun.. especially our favorite PJ bassist Jeff ApersonT.  
    The fishing company?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dignin said:
    Calling someone's argument a straw man is not name calling, just so everyone's clear.
    That’s what I thought too, but what do I know. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:
    That’s what I thought too, but what do I know. 
    I think the second definition posted may have been the offense. But it wasn't me. And I  do note the irony of someone who has argued for two-dozen or so pages in two different threads about their PhD in Gender Linguistics (or whatever) using the word "man" to discredit someone else's position about gender. It's just silly, and I have enjoyed ignoring most of that expert's posts.