Post your stereo system!

1232425262729»

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 15,107
    edited January 25
    dudeman said:
    dankind said:
    Rescued today. Has a Grado cart!

Functions well. I just need to figure out the tracking and antiskate settings for the cart. 
    Nice!
    Yeah, it's beyond perfect now. It ranks up there with my Dual 1219.

The antiskate for this one is interesting. It's basically a piece of string with a little weight tied to it that you have to line up with the appropriate slots on the end of the tonearm.

The Grado cart reads awesomely. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 16,595
    Demoing the Clearaudio Concept this weekend.  Sounds great so far.  It definitely has more attack and detail then my Project Debut Carbon with acrylic and 2m blue.  It also tracks better on complex parts particular at the inner grove.  Listening to Blue Train now. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 22,780
    mrussel1 said:
    Demoing the Clearaudio Concept this weekend.  Sounds great so far.  It definitely has more attack and detail then my Project Debut Carbon with acrylic and 2m blue.  It also tracks better on complex parts particular at the inner grove.  Listening to Blue Train now. 

What's the price point?  I believe I have $600 all in on my ProJect with the extras.
    mrussel1 said:

What's the price point?  I believe I have $600 all in on my ProJect with the extras.
    I haven't negotiated yet.  My store gives me deals because I'm friends with the owners and have bought gear for years there.  My guess is the TT as configured is about $1800 retail.  
    My Debut is probably the same as yours,  upgraded platter and cartridge. 
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,219
    mrussel1 said:

Nice deck. Their carts are pristine. How is the surface noise with your vinyl setup?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    With my current setup, surface noise is fine, although I think I have a tracking issue, which is why I'm going through this process.  I did just replace the needle on the 2m Blue and it's not broken in yet, so that might solve my dissatisfaction with tracking in the inner groove.  I know at some point I will upgrade my Marantz and the deck, but the question is when and what order.  My shop is very liberal with me taking home things so I do that whenever they have interesting stuff on display.  
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 625
    Hello again.  Haven’t posted in here for a bit but thought I would share my Gigaton listening space.  The 803 D’s are out of commission with bad crossovers so our local stereo store let me demo the 803 D3s.  First impression was an unbelievably wide soundstage with incredible depth and extremely accurate.  I’ve been falling in love and dreaming of the 802 D3s but need to wait to see what B&W is going to do on the older 803 D’s.  When the crossovers melted down it blew out both of the diamond tweets.  Very sad night when that happened..
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 22,780
    mdgsolo said:
    Hello again.  Haven’t posted in here for a bit but thought I would share my Gigaton listening space.  The 803 D’s are out of commission with bad crossovers so our local stereo store let me demo the 803 D3s.  First impression was an unbelievably wide soundstage with incredible depth and extremely accurate.  I’ve been falling in love and dreaming of the 802 D3s but need to wait to see what B&W is going to do on the older 803 D’s.  When the crossovers melted down it blew out both of the diamond tweets.  Very sad night when that happened..
    That doesn't look cheap...
    Nice looking mc preamp feeding the two monoblocks.  That's a lot of power and probably needed to open up those diamonds. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 15,677
    mdgsolo said:
    Is whoever you work for hiring???  :money::money::smiley: