Options

North American Tour Odds

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    any updates to this? I want action, no, screw it, I demand action.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    So nervous about MSG lol. I have reserved as my first choice and only choice. 80% odds sounds nice but still room to fail. Maybe odds will be higher since I’m putting reserved as my first priority?

I wonder what the odds will end up dropping to. 
    I don't know the answer, but does picking only reserved actually increase your chances over just "best available"?  Unless you absolutely don't want GA, I would just put best available.  Worst case, as others said, you can just swap them out with somebody in reserved.  
    No
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    any updates to this? I want action, no, screw it, I demand action.
    Looks like they haven’t moved since this morning. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,205
    So nervous about MSG lol. I have reserved as my first choice and only choice. 80% odds sounds nice but still room to fail. Maybe odds will be higher since I’m putting reserved as my first priority?

I wonder what the odds will end up dropping to. 
    I don't know the answer, but does picking only reserved actually increase your chances over just "best available"?  Unless you absolutely don't want GA, I would just put best available.  Worst case, as others said, you can just swap them out with somebody in reserved.  
    I think it would be a wash.   GA tickets are less plentiful.  Thus I would expect the odds of best available and reserved to be exactly the same.   Ergo only choose best available if you want to be in GA.

It's kind of cool, because previously it was riskier choosing GA.  Tickets were less plentiful, and if you missed it, you're reserved option was treated as going in the next round.   It meant people who only go for reserved could get tickets to your show as their 2nd show before you got your 1st tickets.

It's nice that it closed that loophole and took off a little stress for people who like GA.  On the flipside this might make more people try for GA.
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 345
    yanknuck said:
    albysly said:
    Does anyone have any idea how many 10C members there are?  There's a thread on here, but its from years ago (2013, I think) 
    You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same question. After all, isn't that what really matters?
    My buddy joined Saturday so he could get tickets and he's at 704xxx. I joined over 15 years ago and have 410xxx. Of course I don't know how many current paid members there are.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    msg ga 13% reserved 80% as of 6:48pm est
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    mcgruff10 said:
    msg ga 13% reserved 80% as of 6:48pm est
    That’s all ya got??
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    MD190661 said:
    yanknuck said:
    albysly said:
    Does anyone have any idea how many 10C members there are?  There's a thread on here, but its from years ago (2013, I think) 
    You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same question. After all, isn't that what really matters?
    My buddy joined Saturday so he could get tickets and he's at 704xxx. I joined over 15 years ago and have 410xxx. Of course I don't know how many current paid members there are.
    Wow, I joined near the end of 2014 and my number is 530xxx. So only roughly 120k new members in the 11 years between you and I joining and 170k+ new in around half that time since
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    MD190661 said:
    yanknuck said:
    albysly said:
    Wow, I joined near the end of 2014 and my number is 530xxx. So only roughly 120k new members in the 11 years between you and I joining and 170k+ new in around half that time since
    There used to be an AWESOME thread on here with a graph that someone had made that showed member number corresponding to when they joined.  Maybe someone who is stoned as fuck will search and find it and post the graph on here.  I seem to remember a massive influx of people joining around the LB album release and afterwards but a real stagnant lull 2000-2010 or so?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,952
    Last night the odds updated around 8pm Eastern.  We'll see if it does the same tonight. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    MD190661 said:
    yanknuck said:
    albysly said:
    I joined 09/2018 with number 689xxx so around 15k new members in the past 16 months
  • Options
    While other people spend their time tonight studying “polls” about some “election” which will determine whether or not we all “die in the apocalypse”, we who have our priorities straight will be poring over the updated Ten Club lottery odds. 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    tdawe said:
    While other people spend their time tonight studying “polls” about some “election” which will determine whether or not we all “die in the apocalypse”, we who have our priorities straight will be poring over the updated Ten Club lottery odds. 
    I will support the candidate that pledges to improves 10C lottery odds!
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    tdawe said:
    “How is it that...in the wealthiest country in the world...1% of the people...are on the rail for 90% of the shows?”
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    CopperTom said:
    tdawe said:
    “How is it that...in the wealthiest country in the world...1% of the people...are on the rail for 90% of the shows?”
    Equal rail rights for all?  I'm not THAT progressive.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,396
    jstu39 said:
    benjs said:
    jstu39 said:
    benjs said:
    Winning GA probability = (# of GA seats remaining per round draw) / (GA applicants + Best Available Applicants)
    Winning Reserved probability = (# of Reserved seats remaining per round draw) / (Reserved applicants + Best Available Applicants overflow from GA if applicable)
    Winning Best Available probability = greater of the two above

So, summarizing facts that I plan on using as guiding principles:
    • Your best opportunity to win GA is with a first pick, and your opportunity to win GA decreases dramatically after that (unless the show's market is extremely soft for both Best Available and GA), as both Best Available and GA will default to depleting from GA.
    • Your best opportunity to win a show, period, is to select Best Available, because the greater odds (between Reserved and GA) will become your odds. If not attending a Pearl Jam show is preferable to you over attending a Pearl Jam show with Reserved Seats, only select GA. Otherwise, you are doing yourself a major disservice (especially if your 10C number is reasonably good).
    • If the number of GA/Reserved specific applicants in any round equal or exceed the availability within GA/Reserved specifically, that section will not be available for any subsequent rounds. Once this happens for both GA and Reserved, no one who applied with a further round number will win for that show. For example, if I think Quebec City's rounds 1 + 2 will deplete QC's inventory before Ottawa's rounds 1 + 2, I'd be wise to have QC as my round 2, and Ottawa as my round 3, unless I decided it's more important for me to be at Ottawa than QC, in which case I'd maintain Ottawa as my number 2
    I am not sure what you are saying is accurate. I dont know and am not trying to argue.
    I dont think entering GA only gives you a better chance at GA. The way I read it is they look at first choice and select a person and see what they requested. If they selected GA and GA is available they get GA. If they selected best available and GA is available they get GA. They they selected GA and GA is full and reserved is available they get nothing. If they selected best available and GA is full and reserved is available they get reserved.
    So by selecting Best Available you get an automatic backup if you are concerned about getting in the building.
    Does that make sense? Does anyone know?
    What's been shared is that they'll draw names, deplete the appropriate pool, repeat until all first choices are done, move onto second choices, etc. I'm pretty sure the way you just explained it and the way I just explained it are the same. The only difference is your second last sentence: my understanding is that it's not a "backup" per se, it's just that if you submitted Best Available and the GA pool is depleted, but Reserved isn't, you'd be picked for Reserved. Again, this means selecting "Best Available" will give you the better odds of the two pools.
    Thanks. I think the key is selecting GA first doesn't give you a better shot at GA than selecting best available. If your name is picked and GA is available in either scenario you get GA....I think lol!
    soooooooo, if you absolutely DON'T WANT TO STAND IN GA...don't pick best available, you might end up with GA
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Last night the odds updated around 8pm Eastern.  We'll see if it does the same tonight. 
    Tick, tick, tick.
  • Options
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    CopperTom said:
    Not updated yet.
    The suspense of this whole ordeal is killing me.
  • Options
    I know, need to overthink all this again. come on already update. lol.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,396
    I asked ticketmaster email but haven't heard back yet...if original purchaser of a pair can't go I assume they have to throw the pair into the FAn to Fan exchange since the tix are non-transferable and the other person who CAN go is SOL?

• Options
    Some of the shows just updated!

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    edited January 2020
    I asked ticketmaster email but haven't heard back yet...if original purchaser of a pair can't go I assume they have to throw the pair into the FAn to Fan exchange since the tix are non-transferable and the other person who CAN go is SOL?

Have to imagine that's the case. Since the purchaser got the tickets through their account. Otherwise you could just buy for any show and transfer to friends in other cities.
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    edited January 2020
    Just updated again

Baltimore: 19/85
    MSG: 13/74
    Nashville: 28/99
    STL: 28/99
    OKC: 92/99
    Denver: 32/99
    PHX: 51/99
    SD: 49/99
    LA1: 37/99
    LA2: 39/99
    OAK1: 43/99
    OAK2: 55/99

Post edited by Mozzy on
  • Options
    Baltimore & MSG reserved odds just went down 

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    Baltimore & MSG reserved odds just went down 
    Still pretty damn good though. 
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Can someone remind us where to find the updates? 
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053

Correct. Tickets are non-transferable. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    Anyone know the Canadian odds?
  • Options
    Toronto 40/99
    Ottawa 75/99
    QC 99/99
    Hamilton 51/99

is what I am seeing currently.