Greta Thunberg

Comments

• i_lov_it said:

Spiritual Chaos comments are generally comedy gold haha
    My comments are comedy gold? I'm not the one in here saying that being against fascism is wrong. Or, as in your case, buddying up to said person.
    The first follower... lol.  Brave one taking this stand on a PJ 10c Forum. No movement will come from this.... haha
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    so we have two people here that think all antifascists are supporters of antifa.

good lord. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I can see why this brave young lady is adored by so many on here....
    Are you a fascist?
    Answer the fking question!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    i_lov_it said:
    Good point
    What's gotten into you?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Are you a fascist?
    Answer the fking question!
    you will soon learn that this poster never answers a question. posts something that gets people riled up, then claims victim-hood. just ignore. complete waste of time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

^ ^ noted.
  • benjs said:
    Showing yourself to be pro-faciscm is not a good look. Would keep quiet about that if I were you.
    Why would you say I am a for Fascism?? I’ll tell you what I am against thou....A group who is committed to shutting down anyone they disagree with by any means necessary including intimidation, Destruction of property, and Violence.  Boy, one might say they are a Terrorist organization, but we all know that label can’t be used....
    She and her mother have both explicitly said that they wore the shirt for the anti-fascist message, not the association with ANTIFA, and stopped doing so when they heard that folks such as yourself were misconstruing the intent. Greta in particular clearly stated she condemns all who look to violence to make change. You chose to ignore that, and continued to parrot the disingenuous assholes who started this smear campaign. Congratulations, lindamarie, you have successfully been weaponized. Your role is as a megaphone or amplifier for the stupid and the deceptive (who are sometimes, by design, hard to tell apart).
    Well isn’t that convenient for Greta and her all accepting family....and thanks for the personal shot a me and others who you do not agree with.....Hmmm, now that sure sounds familiar .... Have a blessed day 
    Why aren't you answering my post?

dignin said:
    Another reason to like her, i'm also anti-fascist. 

Are you pro-fascist?

Also, that shitty meme is inaccurate. You should research things before posting them.

What part of this shitty picture is inaccurate?  Our little darling support’s ANTIFA by wearing a t-shirt for all to see.  Please enlighten me how this is inaccurate.  
    Could you please direct me to the connection between ANTIFA and that t-shirt (which is her moms)?

I guess you are more up to date on famed swedish Opera-singer Malena Ernman then me, but I have never seen or heard anything about her being part of or supporting ANTIFA?

According to herself, she does not support them or anything like them at all. Having to make this clear after idiots started creating pictures like the one you so happily shared:

Please enlighten me how this is inaccurate.  

Or are you just one of those spending your sundays finding idiotic alt-right pictures on reddits, facebook groups or whatever commentary sections you might read? If so, I would regret even responding.

And why are you using the condescending "our little darling" like you're roleplaying Tucker Carlson?
    So why did she apologize for wearing said shirt and take it down off Twitter once she found out what its connected too?  Or was that fake news too?? Apparently I need to come on here more often to get the Truth on everything.  Since you asked, I usually spend my Sundays in the woods hunting and Fishing w/ my man, not getting my panties in a bunch on the internet......Nothin like Fresh air

If you are too ignorant when posting your bullshit pictures to do a quick google search on why Greta did what she did, then @benjs was actually nice enough to answer your question in his post. A post that you quoted and responded to. So one would imagine that you read what he wrote. Would that be too much to believe of someone who enjoys hunting and fishing with their man and pushing alt-right smear campaigns?
    "Too Ignorant when posting your bullshit pictures to do a quick google search"  By Golly, I almost feel I am being bullied by you with all these personal attacks for not seeing things your way... Look, not everybody is buying the manufactured Thunberg family Theater they are selling.  I personally feel Greta's parents are using her as a political pawn.  Perhaps try one of those simple Google searches and educate yourself about them.   This is a Feel good story for some, Great PR for Climate Change for others.....I just don't buy it.   I feel her parents are all about domestic Terroists groups like Antifa, but realized this might be a bit too extreme for their 16 year old daughter to be associated with at this point.   

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    How strange that the idea of "anti fascist" and "antifa" are still being called the same thing.  What does that tell you?  Well, it's all amusing anyway, I suppose. 

I hope we can move on from here and talk about Greta Thunberg, the concerns of our youth, and the climate change issues that are central to all that without getting caught up in more bullshit.  Otherwise, it's just more fodder for the shit can.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    benjs said:
    Showing yourself to be pro-faciscm is not a good look. Would keep quiet about that if I were you.
    Why would you say I am a for Fascism?? I’ll tell you what I am against thou....A group who is committed to shutting down anyone they disagree with by any means necessary including intimidation, Destruction of property, and Violence.  Boy, one might say they are a Terrorist organization, but we all know that label can’t be used....
    She and her mother have both explicitly said that they wore the shirt for the anti-fascist message, not the association with ANTIFA, and stopped doing so when they heard that folks such as yourself were misconstruing the intent. Greta in particular clearly stated she condemns all who look to violence to make change. You chose to ignore that, and continued to parrot the disingenuous assholes who started this smear campaign. Congratulations, lindamarie, you have successfully been weaponized. Your role is as a megaphone or amplifier for the stupid and the deceptive (who are sometimes, by design, hard to tell apart).
    Well isn’t that convenient for Greta and her all accepting family....and thanks for the personal shot a me and others who you do not agree with.....Hmmm, now that sure sounds familiar .... Have a blessed day 

dignin said:

Are you pro-fascist?

Also, that shitty meme is inaccurate. You should research things before posting them.

What part of this shitty picture is inaccurate?  Our little darling support’s ANTIFA by wearing a t-shirt for all to see.  Please enlighten me how this is inaccurate.  
    Could you please direct me to the connection between ANTIFA and that t-shirt (which is her moms)?

I guess you are more up to date on famed swedish Opera-singer Malena Ernman then me, but I have never seen or heard anything about her being part of or supporting ANTIFA?

According to herself, she does not support them or anything like them at all. Having to make this clear after idiots started creating pictures like the one you so happily shared:

Or are you just one of those spending your sundays finding idiotic alt-right pictures on reddits, facebook groups or whatever commentary sections you might read? If so, I would regret even responding.

And why are you using the condescending "our little darling" like you're roleplaying Tucker Carlson?
    So why did she apologize for wearing said shirt and take it down off Twitter once she found out what its connected too?  Or was that fake news too?? Apparently I need to come on here more often to get the Truth on everything.  Since you asked, I usually spend my Sundays in the woods hunting and Fishing w/ my man, not getting my panties in a bunch on the internet......Nothin like Fresh air

If you are too ignorant when posting your bullshit pictures to do a quick google search on why Greta did what she did, then @benjs was actually nice enough to answer your question in his post. A post that you quoted and responded to. So one would imagine that you read what he wrote. Would that be too much to believe of someone who enjoys hunting and fishing with their man and pushing alt-right smear campaigns?
    "Too Ignorant when posting your bullshit pictures to do a quick google search"  By Golly, I almost feel I am being bullied by you with all these personal attacks for not seeing things your way... Look, not everybody is buying the manufactured Thunberg family Theater they are selling.  I personally feel Greta's parents are using her as a political pawn.  Perhaps try one of those simple Google searches and educate yourself about them.   This is a Feel good story for some, Great PR for Climate Change for others.....I just don't buy it.   I feel her parents are all about domestic Terroists groups like Antifa, but realized this might be a bit too extreme for their 16 year old daughter to be associated with at this point.   

I supposed one can “feel” whatever they want, but that doesn’t make it true. What is your evidence for what you suggest here? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited December 2019
    benjs said:

dignin said:

Are you pro-fascist?

You keep avoiding my question.
    Thus, I'll just assume you are a fascist given your opposition to anti fascists.
    I'll also assume that you do not believe climate change is real seeing you attack Greta.

Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2019
    benjs said:

dignin said:

Are you pro-fascist?

"Too Ignorant when posting your bullshit pictures to do a quick google search"  By Golly, I almost feel I am being bullied by you with all these personal attacks for not seeing things your way... 

No. Not bullying. Just telling you how it actually is. 

Not about seeing things "my way" but seeing things through the objective lens of reality.

But I would imagine you being too far gone to step out into the objective truth, instead keeping yourself shielded in this rightwinged (idiotic) nonsense. Shown clearly by the second half of your post. What are you basing her being a pawn on? And them supporting any form of violence?

Still haven't answered my questions too. Still unclear if you were able to read benjs post before quoting it to play the victim? With his post actually answering these questions you come dragging out afterwards.

I sure hope you are not equating being antifascist to supporting Antifa. Then, it would be better even if you were just on here promoting fascism. That would not be as uneducated atleast.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    The alt-right exist on this forum? Yuck.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    edited December 2019
    benjs said:

dignin said:

Are you pro-fascist?

1. If you refuse to validate the things you share before you share them, you're not being bullied when you're called out as lazy or disingenuous or not credible. It isn't bullying to realistically point out something which is occurring.
    2. Anything which is great PR for Climate Change, and is not violent, I support, full-stop. So should anyone who wants the planet to be livable by humans in the future. If you're worried about stories not to buy because they're being politicized, there's a dishonest President who could use some bad press instead of the little girl attempting to inform about verified existential threats.
    3. You feel her parents are all about terrorism, yet you refuse to substantiate that claim beyond a meme of a t-shirt. Sometimes when you post on here, I can't help but picture a troll farm.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Yes they do
    And is it just me or do the 2 anti-Greta people seem very much alike in what they post?
    Coincidence??
    edited December 2019
    Yes they do
    And is it just me or do the 2 anti-Greta people seem very much alike in what they post?
    Coincidence??

• The alt-right exist on this forum? Yuck.
    Yes they do
    Coincidence??

ONLY A  SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited December 2019
    Yes they do
    Coincidence??

ONLY A  SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES!
    Will you do what you must?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited December 2019
    Funny, it wasn’t too long ago that the Antifa supporters here were saying that “Antifa” (as a club of pussies) and “Anti-fascist” (what we all should be) were the same, but I digress.  I think there was some confusion about the two for a while...
    On the topic of Greta, though, shouldn’t we all be in support of children trying to be vocal and assertive, whether or not you fully agree with them?  What kind of example does it set for our youth when grown ups call them names or berate them for being young and stupid or trying to force them to be quiet?  I have a few reserves about whether Greta is a victim of child exploitation, but that’s beside the fact that we should be encouraging children to be leaders and stand for something.  
    I hope that Greta continues fighting for a cleaner world, if that is truly her passion.  Shame on any adult that goes out of their way to try and shut up a 16 year old or make fun of how they look. Shame on any adults that try and exploit a 16 year old.  Respect to the youth that try to make a stand for what they feel is the right thing to do.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    edited December 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    Funny, it wasn’t too long ago that the Antifa supporters here were saying that “Antifa” (as a club of pussies) and “Anti-fascist” (what we all should be) were the same, but I digress.  I think there was some confusion about the two for a while...
    On the topic of Greta, though, shouldn’t we all be in support of children trying to be vocal and assertive, whether or not you fully agree with them?  What kind of example does it set for our youth when grown ups call them names or berate them for being young and stupid or trying to force them to be quiet?  I have a few reserves about whether Greta is a victim of child exploitation, but that’s beside the fact that we should be encouraging children to be leaders and stand for something.  
    I hope that Greta continues fighting for a cleaner world, if that is truly her passion.  Shame on any adult that goes out of their way to try and shut up a 16 year old or make fun of how they look. Shame on any adults that try and exploit a 16 year old.  Respect to the youth that try to make a stand for what they feel is the right thing to do.
    Attacking her for "being a pawn" or "that she should focus on school instead" or as seen in this thread  "she's could be a terrorist, who knows, just my opinion" (not pointing fingers at you) is the same as republicans attacking the process of the impeachment.

It is bullshit behavior from people who's so stuck with their "team" looking for something, whatever, anything to attack to not have to step out of their teams line and admit that the other team got it right.

Not that the environment or a young girl using her time and energy to stand up for something should be a team issue. or something to look for reasons to attack.
    PJPOWER said:
    very well said. 

I don't recall, however, antifa supporters here saying the two were interchangeable. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited December 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    very well said. 

I don't recall, however, antifa supporters here saying the two were interchangeable. 
    Oh I recall it well.  There were a few threads where if you dissed “Antifa”, you were labeled a fascist (not going to name names).  It’s been a while, but it was when the “Proud Boy” dipshits were fighting the “Antifa” dipshits at every other protest.  It is still going on, but thankfully both groups seem to be losing support.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    Attacking her for "being a pawn" or "that she should focus on school instead" or as seen in this thread  "she's could be a terrorist, who knows, just my opinion" (not pointing fingers at you) is the same as republicans attacking the process of the impeachment.

It is bullshit behavior from people who's so stuck with their "team" looking for something, whatever, anything to attack to not have to step out of their teams line and admit that the other team got it right.

Not that the environment or a young girl using her time and energy to stand up for something should be a team issue. or something to look for reasons to attack.
    If she were truly a political pawn, I would not attack her, but the people that were exploiting her.  
    I fully agree with your last paragraph.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I think we all should just chill and listen to Greta sing death metal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kD1zubg3cA
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Yes they do
    Coincidence??
    and they always ride single file to disguise their numbers.

did i do it right? lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    very well said. 

Oh I recall it well.  There were a few threads where if you dissed “Antifa”, you were labeled a fascist (not going to name names).  It’s been a while, but it was when the “Proud Boy” dipshits were fighting the “Antifa” dipshits at every other protest.  It is still going on, but thankfully both groups seem to be losing support.
    I remember this as well. Always thought it got stupid when it got to that point or the opposite. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i like it when fascists get punched in the face.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited December 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    very well said. 

Maybe I was in those discussions or I was not. But there is a chasm between people proclaiming they are nazis and people who's going out against that. Even if they are dipshits going against that using violence and being idiots. Whatever they might do - they are not saying Hitler was an alright guy and let us all continue and follow through with his grand plan.

A chasm of difference. 

I'd rather play poker with a dipshit who threw a bottle at a nazi, than playing poker with a nazi having a scar on his face from getting a bottle thrown at him for sieg heiling and screaming "jews will not replace us". The antifa-diship will hopefully one day realise that using violence and shit is idiotic, the other guy believed we should gas people who are not looking like the boy on the swedish caviar tube:

Anyone saying otherwise or "both siding" that is awful. No matter how much of an idiot anyone in Antifa (or any other bullshit organisation/movement whatever) is. And no matter how much you want to throw shade at them. Bothsiding that and not finding in themselves to note that difference is just awful.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My grandfather killed a lot of fascists in 44/45; I wonder if world war 2 vets support Antifa.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited December 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    My grandfather killed a lot of fascists in 44/45; I wonder if world war 2 vets support Antifa.  
    Would he have rathered spent time with Greta Thunberg, or someone calling a 16 year old girl and her mom defacto terrorists for not digging fascism?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Does the antifa discussion really belong on the Greta Thunberg thread?  I for one don't think so.  The t-shirt thing is over, she is not a member of Antifa, this is about global warming.  Like Paul and Juliana said...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.