Gaslight Anthem

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    While I wish it was new TGA... I’m happy with any new music from Brian Fallon. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    on2legs said:
    While I wish it was new TGA... I’m happy with any new music from Brian Fallon. 

Saw that was well, very exciting. Sleepwalkers is a gem
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    So excited!!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Great news!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    So the past 3 days, the gaslight anthem instagram account has been posting random pics from live performances.  Seems kinda odd since the account has pretty much been inactive.  I'm guessing it means nothing, but part of me thinks maybe something is in the works???  Why else would they randomly just start posting live pictures???  I just really miss these guys.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    So the past 3 days, the gaslight anthem instagram account has been posting random pics from live performances.  Seems kinda odd since the account has pretty much been inactive.  I'm guessing it means nothing, but part of me thinks maybe something is in the works???  Why else would they randomly just start posting live pictures???  I just really miss these guys.
    Unfortunately Fallon posted on twitter there was nothing behind it
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Indifference71 said:
    https://twitter.com/thebrianfallon/status/1202352720046411777?s=21
    Indifference71 said:
    https://twitter.com/thebrianfallon/status/1202352720046411777?s=21

Well OK then!  Bummer.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    You guys need to check out Brian Fallon's new song You Have Stolen My Heart. It came out today in OZ and Europe and comes out at midnight in the states. It is amazing.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited December 2019
    You guys need to check out Brian Fallon's new song You Have Stolen My Heart. It came out today in OZ and Europe and comes out at midnight in the states. It is amazing.
    Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up

What kind of song? Fast/Slow? Few hours here still. 
    Post edited by Daron Oshay on

sloooowwwww. i'm surprised a ballad was the first single, but it is still pretty great.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

sloooowwwww. i'm surprised a ballad was the first single, but it is still pretty great.
    Thanks!

i don't know if this is the official video or not, but to me the song is ace.

Holy shit that song is incredible 
  • "Local Honey" looks to be the album title with 8 tracks, just over 30 minutes. Release date March 27th. Was hoping for more but I'll take 8 really good tunes

I am wired and fading...
    Holy shit that song is incredible 
    yes it is. i'm blown away by it.

RoeDawg13 said:
    "Local Honey" looks to be the album title with 8 tracks, just over 30 minutes. Release date March 27th. Was hoping for more but I'll take 8 really good tunes

he just now announced a tour in March and April 2020. nothing near me, but may need to roadtrip to nashville or something.

Like the new song.  Surprised they went with a ballad as the first single.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Pretty good
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    oh hell yeah!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Surprised the album isn't dropping until half the tour is over.  Oh well, should be fun.  
    Surprised the album isn't dropping until half the tour is over.  Oh well, should be fun.  
    Yeah he seems to do that. But he will probably tour it for a year and a half. 

High hopes for this one and I love his solo stuff. But I’m hoping after 6-7 years, 3 solo albums and making the quiet record now he wants to get loud again at some point and bring the band back. 
    Yeah he seems to do that. But he will probably tour it for a year and a half. 

High hopes for this one and I love his solo stuff. But I’m hoping after 6-7 years, 3 solo albums and making the quiet record now he wants to get loud again at some point and bring the band back. 
    Agreed.  Have really enjoyed his solo stuff and really like Benny's side project Mercy Union but none of it will ever compare to TGA.  
    i talked to the alexes at the chicago gaslight show last time around. they said no plans to do anything new with gaslight unfortunately. they said that they all, all 5 of them, feel that gaslight has said everything it can say and anything else would be redundant. i get that, but i also wish they would do something someday. i was hoping for an american slang anniversary tour but fallon shot that down last week.

and mercy union is absolutely fantastic live as well.

i talked to the alexes at the chicago gaslight show last time around. they said no plans to do anything new with gaslight unfortunately. they said that they all, all 5 of them, feel that gaslight has said everything it can say and anything else would be redundant. i get that, but i also wish they would do something someday. i was hoping for an american slang anniversary tour but fallon shot that down last week.

Yeah they've all kinda been saying that same thing that the 5 albums are all they have to say.  Well hopefully they still get together in the future for some tours....the crowd and energy at that Chicago show last year was incredible.  One of the best shows I've ever been to.

Haven't seen Mercy Union live yet unfortunately.  They somehow haven't played Chicago yet but will definitely check them out when I get the chance.  Huge fan of Jared and the rest of the guys
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I respect that they’re staying true if they feel its run its course.  

It was a fun time.  So cool to get into that band.  I remember my wife and i driving ten hours just to see them about a decade ago.  They played for 45 minutes but it was worth it. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I respect that they’re staying true if they feel its run its course.  

It was a fun time.  So cool to get into that band.  I remember my wife and i driving ten hours just to see them about a decade ago.  They played for 45 minutes but it was worth it. 
    No problem if they feel they don't have any new songs in them. But I don't think that should mean that they shouldn't dust off the old songs and play some shows for fun from time to time. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I have seen some great GA shows over the years but I really didn't dig that 59 Sound one last year. It sounds crazy to say but it just felt loooong. Plowed through 27 songs without much pacing or a break. My money's on another record some day.