Kaepernick

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mrussel1 said:
    For every Kap type you name I'll name a domestic abuser not in the league and another person who kneeled and is still in the league. 
    What is a "Kap type"? I don't even know what you're arguing here. 

"Kap" type:

Kaep type (older version):

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mcgruff10 said:
    He's better than some QBs that will start this week.
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

None of those guys should be starting in the NFL.  
    Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

he’s better than them as well
    So you think the chargers should cut rivers and pay Kap? Get the hell out of here.

Brkwns should get rid of Mayfield? C’mon.

Broncos who already tried to get him and he declined? No chance.

Goff? Really? You are out of your mind.

clearly people that don’t watch any football shouldn’t be talking 
    Rivers should retire at the end of the season.
    Mayfield is a hot mess and will not come close to his rookie season.
    Still means he's better than Flacco.
    Goff is regressing and without an All-Pro RB, which Todd Gurley is no more, cannot will his team to win.

I'm not saying anyone should cut players and sign Kap.  I'm saying he can play better than those four QBs.  I watch football, probably more than you if you believe any one of these 4 QBs will make their team a winner.  Either they're too old (Rivers), arrogant (Mayfield) or weren't that good in the first place (Goff).
    So you would dump a long time starter (rivers) for Kaep?  Rivers QBR the last 2 years are 69.1 and 48.2.  CK was 43.4 and 49.5.

Mayfield is in his second season under a rookie contract picked #1 overall.  You'll dump him for CK?  BK last 2 years 53.2 & 46.5.

Flacco - I gotta agree, no idea how he got a job. CK is better likely but both don't win you games

Goff - Last 2 years 63.1 & 45.1.  Yes they are having bad years.  Trend...maybe.  But CK doesn't give you any more.

Rivers is old and could be done.  HOF career.  CK...nope.  Mayfield is young and still has performed better than CK's last 2 seasons. Goff is young, went to a superbowl, played better over the last 2 years than CK.  Couple of good to great games for him recently as well.

There is more that goes into QB than who is better now.  And even if it was, 3/4 of those guys are better than CK was at his end.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    How can you do any worse than lose?  
    Rivers is so washed up it is pathetic.  He can't even pull his signature move, which of course is to make faces and yell at his teammates.  

I thought his signature move was impregnating his wife.  What's he up to? A dozen kids?  Never peak in high school, folks!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    How can you do any worse than lose?  
    Rivers is so washed up it is pathetic.  He can't even pull his signature move, which of course is to make faces and yell at his teammates.  

I thought his signature move was impregnating his wife.  What's he up to? A dozen kids?  Never peak in high school, folks!

:lol:     
    Awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

So you think the chargers should cut rivers and pay Kap? Get the hell out of here.

Goff is regressing and without an All-Pro RB, which Todd Gurley is no more, cannot will his team to win.

I'm not saying anyone should cut players and sign Kap.  I'm saying he can play better than those four QBs.  I watch football, probably more than you if you believe any one of these 4 QBs will make their team a winner.  Either they're too old (Rivers), arrogant (Mayfield) or weren't that good in the first place (Goff).
    So you would dump a long time starter (rivers) for Kaep?  Rivers QBR the last 2 years are 69.1 and 48.2.  CK was 43.4 and 49.5.

Mayfield is in his second season under a rookie contract picked #1 overall.  You'll dump him for CK?  BK last 2 years 53.2 & 46.5.

Flacco - I gotta agree, no idea how he got a job. CK is better likely but both don't win you games

Goff - Last 2 years 63.1 & 45.1.  Yes they are having bad years.  Trend...maybe.  But CK doesn't give you any more.

Rivers is old and could be done.  HOF career.  CK...nope.  Mayfield is young and still has performed better than CK's last 2 seasons. Goff is young, went to a superbowl, played better over the last 2 years than CK.  Couple of good to great games for him recently as well.

There is more that goes into QB than who is better now.  And even if it was, 3/4 of those guys are better than CK was at his end.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

I’m done explaining myself.  I guess I better go watch something that isn’t football.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

I’m done explaining myself.  I guess I better go watch something that isn’t football.
    In fairness, I'm sure that the time off and rest has made Kap better at reading defenses.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2294034-why-colin-kaepernick-has-been-reduced-to-49ers-least-valuable-offensive-player

Colin Kaepernick's 2012-14 Stats
    QBRPasser RatingPFF Rating
    201452.285.1-13.5
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited December 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

In fairness, I'm sure that the time off and rest has made Kap better at reading defenses.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2294034-why-colin-kaepernick-has-been-reduced-to-49ers-least-valuable-offensive-player

2012 72.2 98.311.9
    2013 68.6 91.65.2
    2014 52.2 85.1-13.5
    games played per season?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

2012 72.2 98.311.9
    2013 68.6 91.65.2
    2014 52.2 85.1-13.5
    games played per season?
    Just about all.  I just checked and after the SB season, he went 8-8, 3-6 and 2-10 as a starter.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    next question naturally follows, how intact did the team stay in that same period from the SB team?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    next question naturally follows, how intact did the team stay in that same period from the SB team?
    I don't know.. I mean you could argue 15 different ways in each direction.  At the end of the day, the team did not perform well under Kap for the last two years.  I think that's plain.  How many Browns qbs didn't get another chance even though the skill players sucked?  It hasn't stopped Brady.  I think the argument that Kap is clearly better after sitting for a few years, compared to Goff, Rivers and Mayfield, is pretty silly.  Is it impossible?  No of course not.  But I sure as hell wouldn't take that chance.  
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    He played the final 7 reg season games and playoffs and sb in 2012

98 rating with 9 pro bowlers and 5 1st team all pros 

he went 12-4 in 2013 and won 2 playoff games

91 rating with 9 pro bowlers and 1 1st team all pro

he went 8-8 in 2014 

86 rating with 3 pro bowlers

Then harbaugh left, he was hurt in 2015, and in 2016, with 0 pro bowlers, and with receivers I don’t know, had a 90 rating with 16 tds/ 4 ints and ran for more yards per attempt than any other season
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• I remember watching the 49ers play the Dolphins in Kaepernick's final season. I never saw a QB look like he gave less of a fuck than he did that day. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    When you win, you have a lot of pro bowlers.  When you lose, you don't.  That's a chicken/egg argument.  
    I remember watching the 49ers play the Dolphins in Kaepernick's final season. I never saw a QB look like he gave less of a fuck than he did that day. 
    U shoulda picked a different game 

he lost 31-24 that day going 29 for 46 (most attempts that season) 296 yards, 3 tds 1 int, 10 rushes for 113 yds (best rushing game of season)
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• ed243421 said:
    I remember watching the 49ers play the Dolphins in Kaepernick's final season. I never saw a QB look like he gave less of a fuck than he did that day. 

he lost 31-24 that day going 29 for 46 (most attempts that season) 296 yards, 3 tds 1 int, 10 rushes for 113 yds (best rushing game of season)
    I didn't say he didn't play well. I said he didn't look like he gave a fuck. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    ed243421 said:

Those sound like Jameis numbers.. looks great on paper, great for fantasy, but in real life he didn't win.  
    Ya, you’re probs right

no one could win an nfl game with those numbers 

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:
    Ya, you’re probs right

He lost the game.  
    I love it when Mayfield goes 15-21 for 210 yards and 2 tds.  And Chubb runs for 135 yards and 2 tds.  That's how you win football games.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mrussel1 said:
    ed243421 said:
    Ya, you’re probs right

He lost the game.  
    Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited December 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    ed243421 said:

Those sound like Jameis numbers.. looks great on paper, great for fantasy, but in real life he didn't win.  
    Kind of like Brees the other day, great numbers, didn't win, but in any case, is that all on the QB? There's a balance there and when your defense gives up 31, tough sledding. What is the percentage any NFL team wins games they give up more than 30 points? Has to be less than 50%.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ed243421 said:

Kind of like Brees the other day, great numbers, didn't win, but in any case, is that all on the QB? There's a balance there and when your defense gives up 31, tough sledding. What is the percentage any NFL team wins games they give up more than 30 points? Has to be less than 50%.
    Definitely less than 50.  But if your offense gives up short fields, doesn't chew clock, etc. then an offense can put a defense in a position to lose.  There's so much hidden in the stats that doesn't really show how someone played.  At the end of the day, it's W/L
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Not sure you explained yourself other to just say some QB is a hot mess another regressed...no real explanation for why would would dump others for Kap.

hippiemom = goodness
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Not sure you explained yourself other to just say some QB is a hot mess another regressed...no real explanation for why would would dump others for Kap.

I feel Kap can play the position better than those 4.  That's my explanation.

mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Ok then. I disagree with 75% of your opinion ;) Take care
    hippiemom = goodness
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

That's fair enough, you don't have to agree with my opinion.  Everyone sees things in different lights.

mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

That's fair enough, you don't have to agree with my opinion.  Everyone sees things in different lights.

Yup. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    If W/L determine QBs worthy of starting about half of the league (more than that I think) don't deserve a job because they are losers.
    :smirk:
    If W/L determine QBs worthy of starting about half of the league (more than that I think) don't deserve a job because they are losers.
    :smirk:
    Well which qb with a career record under .500 would you start a franchise with? Archie Manning? Eli?  How about Testeverde?  No thanks. 
    So now the needle moved from having a job or being better than some slouches starting in the NFL to being a franchise QB?

This is part of the issue.  People keep saying different things disguised as something other than "I don't want to deal with race issues getting in the way of my other football issues, he isn't worth it despite being better than many qbs on rosters now."  (Which if it is the truth is OK, just say that.)

I already believe you agree with that.  People just keep coming back with other arguments, which I believe are BS.