Kaepernick

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I still say he is better than every backup in the league and some starters.
    (Although some teams do have good back ups)
     No way. And you have to include $. He turned down a contract offer since this started.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

End of the 2003 tour, lots of fun at those shows. And I ll go with mike s shoes!!!
    Aww-riiiiiight!

Poor Stone.  Goodwill rejects?  :lol: 
    I liked it when Ed was rocking the 91 Air Jordans.  I noticed on the Wrigley Field DVD Ed was wearing those same 91 Jordans earlier in the day, before the show.  I'm wondering if they were the same ones he had on during the MTV acoustic show?
    Still my favorite version of porch whith that tribal call to action he had going on leading up to the finale.
    https://youtu.be/llOpE85bmW0 B)
    I'm just catching up on this thread...

Those are Jordan VI Infrared's. 
  • No one commented that he had a workout and nadda came of it?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    dankind said:

This is a great article!  Thanks for posting it Dan, and thank you, Kareem!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    No one commented that he had a workout and nadda came of it?
    One thing came out of it - the receiver he was throwing to got picked up by the Redskins. lol. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588

It was a sham, the NFL isn't going to give voice to CK, they would rather trot out the frigging trash that they trot out and not have anything impact sales.
    I say Bravo to CK for doing things on his terms, he knew it was a sham and he wasn't going to do the dance they wanted him to do.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

It was a sham, the NFL isn't going to give voice to CK, they would rather trot out the frigging trash that they trot out and not have anything impact sales.
    I say Bravo to CK for doing things on his terms, he knew it was a sham and he wasn't going to do the dance they wanted him to do.
    It may have been a sham.  But I feel he made a decision that day that shows he doesn't really want to play football anymore.  Sure it's up to him, but I feel he made a poor choice there.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588

It may have been a sham.  But I feel he made a decision that day that shows he doesn't really want to play football anymore.  Sure it's up to him, but I feel he made a poor choice there.

Meh.  We can disagree on what his decision was....I think he wants a fair shake and believes the NFL conspired to blackball him from the league.  Believing this, he didn't want to go through with their sham just so they could say they gave him a shot. 
    He doesn't need it.  He is a smart guy, he stands up for what he believes and it cost him. 
    I admire what he is doing. 

Meh.  We can disagree on what his decision was....I think he wants a fair shake and believes the NFL conspired to blackball him from the league.  Believing this, he didn't want to go through with their sham just so they could say they gave him a shot. 
    He doesn't need it.  He is a smart guy, he stands up for what he believes and it cost him. 
    I admire what he is doing. 
    I’m fine with him doing whatever he wants. He certainly brought attention to his cause.  I really dislike how some people talk about him for taking a stand. I also laugh at those that think he is a starter in the NFL. 

hippiemom = goodness
    He's better than some QBs that will start this week.
    But he’s older and more expensive. It’s not the only part of the equation. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    It’s not even any part of the equation. Neither is age or cost.

The equation is:
    CK+Snowflake Fans = Bad PR

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:

The equation is:

You know that’s not all of it. He’s had contract offer since. Turned down the broncos early on. 

He wants more $. Or perhaps he wants to say no and just make his Nike $. Don’t know.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Like who?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited December 2019
    OnWis97 said:

The equation is:

You know that’s not all of it. He’s had contract offer since. Turned down the broncos early on. 

He wants more $. Or perhaps he wants to say no and just make his Nike $. Don’t know.  

"Early on" being before he even started his protest, and before he left the 49ers, and therefore irrelevant to this issue. 

Edit: I take it back; it's not irrelevant, it's quite relevant. The broncos offered him a contract in early 2016 but then somehow were not interested in him after he began his protest. Odd how his skills were good enough for them before he started taking a knee. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

None of those guys should be starting in the NFL.  
    cincybearcat said: is
    OnWis97 said:

The equation is:

"Early on" being before he even started his protest, and before he left the 49ers, and therefore irrelevant to this issue. 

Edit: I take it back; it's not irrelevant, it's quite relevant. The broncos offered him a contract in early 2016 but then somehow were not interested in him after he began his protest. Odd how his skills were good enough for them before he started taking a knee. 
    Agree - he had no idea that he had worked himself out of position for jobs at that point.
    edited December 2019
    Argument could also be made for Duck guy starting for Steelers, Jameis Interception Thrower (who has never even made the playoffs as a QB), and Fitzmagic and Rivers, as awful as he has been.

What I am pointing out if that there is a lot of shit, over the hill, or extremely inexperienced QBs going.  CK being out of the league for so long may or may not do better than those QBs - no doubt there would be rust.  He has lead a team to the 4th qtr of a super bowl and almost won.  He still is at an age where he isn't a broken down player like some of the guys starting.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    OnWis97 said:

The equation is:

Not true it was after his protests 
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited December 2019
    He was still on the Niners.  True.  He would not accept trade to Broncos that required him to waive $4MM of the contract he was already signed to.
    He did not know that once he was available that his [edit - future] stance on publicly stating his beliefs about the systemic racism in the US would find nobody wanting to employ him.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Sorry $4.9MM.
    Looked it up.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Better than Eli?  Just stop.   You must be drinking cheap vodka tonight.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Better than Eli?  Just stop.   You must be drinking cheap vodka tonight.  
    Not talking career.  Eli is not a starting QB at this point.  That is why the Giants, who wanted to start him all year, benched him after a few games. Delusional Giants fans still think Eli is great.  He is not worthy of starting in the NFL - again, which is why he was benched so early.
    (And previously for Geno Worst QB Out There Smith)

But let's say that your guy Eli is better as a broken down and old QB.  What about the other guys on the list?

Lots of the QBs starting this weekend after Used Up, Brand New, or just bad.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited December 2019
    Kap farts and Nike makes a billion.  A NFL contract is rather insignificant at this point.
    OnWis97 said:

The equation is:

Not true it was after his protests 
    I’ve read two articles that said it was before he began the protests. Do you have a source for your claim? 

Here’s one 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/john-elway-blames-colin-kaepernick-for-no-job-had-his-chance-to-be-here-omits-key-fact/amp/

Fake news.  People just say it because it sounds good and keeps the guy sharing truth in the shade.
    Elway was a great QB but he wouldn't know how to pick one any better than any person sleeping under a bridge, as evidenced by his track record.  
    And there’s this article reporting that Kap is turning down the Bronco’s contact offer - dated April 2016. 

He started his protest in August 2016. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/source-kap-not-willing-take-broncos-current-pay-cut-offer%3famp

• Fake news.  People just say it because it sounds good and keeps the guy sharing truth in the shade.
    Elway was a great QB but he wouldn't know how to pick one any better than any person sleeping under a bridge, as evidenced by his track record.  
    I'm a Broncos fan and I approve this message.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like who?

Eli Manning
    Trubisky
    Haskins
    David Blough

Philip Rivers
    Baker Mayfield
    Joe Flacco
    Jared Goff

he’s better than them as well
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.