PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I mean the local shows are a given. I'm assuming there's an album this time?
    There god damned better be.

Haha, and does not suck. 

Speaking of which anyone read this article SPIN republished? 25 fucking years. And, my, what perspective time will give you.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited December 2019
    The end of an era....a bad one. Bye Maikel and Cesar

This is funny---

It’s a choose-your-own-adventure for Klentak.

Scenario A: Sign Gregorius. Move Segura to second base. Play Kingery at third base until mid-May as Bohm’s service time is manipulated. Move Kingery to center field.

Scenario B: Sign Gregorius. Move Segura to second base. Move Kingery to center field. Sign a stopgap third baseman/utility type to man third until Bohm is ready.

Scenario C: Move Kingery to shortstop. Move Segura to third base. Sign or trade for a second baseman.

Scenario D : Move Kingery to third base. Move Segura to second base. Sign or trade for a shortstop not named Gregorius.

Scenario E: Move Kingery to shortstop. Move Segura to second base. Sign Josh Donaldson. Trade Bohm for pitching.

Scenario F: Keep Segura at shortstop. Move Kingery to second base. Wait for Bohm. Sign or trade for a center fielder.

Scenario G: Throw all of the money at Anthony Rendon. Trade Segura for payroll relief. Move Kingery to shortstop. Hold public tryouts for second base.

Scenario H: None of the above.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The end of an era....a bad one. Bye Maikel and Cesar
    Anybody read the Athletic's all-decade Phils team? WHOOOOOOOLE LEE SHIT was it bad.

Surprised they couldn't get anything for Hernandez, though. And Segura's definitely moving to 2nd or 3rd, so I see this Gregorius thing happening.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I don't really think there is much competition for the Phillies for Didi at this point after Moustakas.  I was assuming he would be overpaid, but they may get him on a decent deal assuming the Yankees don't match, which I don't think they have any interest in doing.  I give it a 70% chance he goes to the Phillies, 20% back to the Yankees, 10% somewhere else.

Didi is a good player, love the guy. Great defense, decent pop and very clutch.  He had a pretty horrendous offensive year this year, outside of a few big home runs. Never seemed to get in the groove after coming back from TJ.  I think he will be a good fit but I would be careful on how much they pay and how long they lock him up for. I don't think it's a good sign that the Yankees weren't willing to pay him $17 mil for one year.  I do think he will be a good fit there. Other players love him, which is the main reason I am kinda nervous about the Yankees losing him and CC in the same season. 
    He makes a ton of sense for the Phils, and I don't see how they have any other choice but to overpay him. I'm all for them overpaying on AAV instead of the years. Hopefully this is what happens.
    edited December 2019
    He makes a ton of sense for the Phils, and I don't see how they have any other choice but to overpay him. I'm all for them overpaying on AAV instead of the years. Hopefully this is what happens.
    Anyone else you want?

Girardi
    Thomson
    Scouting director
    Didi

But definitely agree he is a good fit. I will be on board with wanting the Phillies to be good with Didi and Girardi.
    Anyone else you want?

Girardi
    Thomson
    Scouting director
    Didi

But definitely agree he is a good fit. I will be on board with wanting the Phillies to be good with Didi and Girardi.
    Billy Martin.
    Ummmmm, how do the Phillies not beat that deal?!
    Hamels to Atlanta. Definitely gonna suck seeing him in that uniform. Fuck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hello Zack Wheeler
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hello Zack Wheeler
    I like it.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Hello Zack Wheeler
    I like it.
    not too familiar with him.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Anyone else dropping off canned goods for the Campout for Hunger this week?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    i went on Tuesday
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • I read that they totally lowballed Hamels. Only offered him 9 million for one year while Atlanta offered him 18. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I read that they totally lowballed Hamels. Only offered him 9 million for one year while Atlanta offered him 18. 
    I bet he would've taken around 15 million maybe. I'd have done that for one year for sure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    i went on Tuesday

i'm going tonight to drop off some :smile:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I read that they totally lowballed Hamels. Only offered him 9 million for one year while Atlanta offered him 18. 
    I bet he would've taken around 15 million maybe. I'd have done that for one year for sure. 
    No idea, but based on Gelb saying that they're sticking to this bullshit self-imposed cap then that salary doesn't fly. Sounds like Didi is gonna take up ~15 of the ~20 they're "under the cap". I don't see how they don't sign him. Other than that, sounds like they're banking on Arrieta being a 3, Eflin turning it around, and then after all that dice rolling they're also hoping that Vince or Pivetta can fill in the 5 spot. Oh, plus having to go the bargain route on 3 or 4 relievers.
    No idea, but based on Gelb saying that they're sticking to this bullshit self-imposed cap then that salary doesn't fly. Sounds like Didi is gonna take up ~15 of the ~20 they're "under the cap". I don't see how they don't sign him. Other than that, sounds like they're banking on Arrieta being a 3, Eflin turning it around, and then after all that dice rolling they're also hoping that Vince or Pivetta can fill in the 5 spot. Oh, plus having to go the bargain route on 3 or 4 relievers.
    Yeah I don’t get it. Spend what it fucking takes. Unless it’s the other owners holding them back? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah I don’t get it. Spend what it fucking takes. Unless it’s the other owners holding them back? 
    I would hope that's the case after all this bluster this guy as been throwing - from what Gelb wrote, even though Middleton has a majority (51%) ownership he still has to go through the bureaucracy of the remaining owners. Otherwise, money is the only advantage they have to even remotely consider competing next year. 
    I would hope that's the case after all this bluster this guy as been throwing - from what Gelb wrote, even though Middleton has a majority (51%) ownership he still has to go through the bureaucracy of the remaining owners. Otherwise, money is the only advantage they have to even remotely consider competing next year. 
    Let's hope they sign Didi soon. I'm good with then putting Segura at third and Kingery at 2nd and letting them see what Hasely can do in center next year. 

Gotta get another starter. You think Keuchel is a possibility?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Let's hope they sign Didi soon. I'm good with then putting Segura at third and Kingery at 2nd and letting them see what Hasely can do in center next year. 

Gotta get another starter. You think Keuchel is a possibility?
    Based on what they're saying about this luxury tax nonsense I don't think so. Possibility, maybe, but probability, no. I honestly think someone like Didi is their last splash. After that they're gonna ride with the pitchers/rotation they have and then take flyers on hard-throwing non-tendered relievers for the bullpen. All that said, I'll feel a lot better with this team if they sign Didi.
    Well Bobby Nightengale seems to disagree with Matt Gelb and says the Phils are making Rendon their "number 1 target."

Guess this means we're signing Anthony Rendon. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Haha, came here for this.
    Oh, also, isn't Mr. Nightengale usually wrong tho?
    Yeah. Damn it. My post was supposed to say “guess were not signing Rendon”

haha

Looks like Heyman is saying they’re interested in Strasburg and Cole
    chinese-happy.jpg

haha

Back the fuck off on Cole

haha

We are approaching the ten year anniversary of a pretty cool moment in Phils/Yanks history, aren't we?
    chinese-happy.jpg

haha

We are approaching the ten year anniversary of a pretty cool moment in Phils/Yanks history, aren't we?
    Didn’t we just pass the 10 year anniversary of a cool moment in yankees history?

Cliff lee though?

haha

Didn’t we just pass the 10 year anniversary of a cool moment in yankees history?

Cliff lee though?
      -

chinese-happy.jpg