~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ @deadendp Oh so coy, she's a beaut!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

Funny enough, she hates to have her picture taken. 
    One day I shall meet her!

cdthomas, there's usually a camera hog in a more-than-one cat situation.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Lazy Caturday!

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    ^ Ohhhh my gosh!!!! I can't take the cute factor.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Someone thinks they are going to help with the laundry. Um, no. The thumbs will have to remain unemployed. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    edited November 2019
    Awww! We used to have two polydactyl cats. They were both awesome and seemed to possess superior intelligence. 

Yours is beautiful!
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    I adopted one years ago; she didn't work out but man, she was a hoot with two thumbs!
    ^ Hemingway cats? So cool.
    Not all polydactals are Hemingway cats. Only half of the Hemingway cats are polydactal. Apparently Maine Coon are most common polydactals and it's generally an east coast thing. Middle of the night research. :smiley:  

I would love to say she is a smart cat, but she really is as dumb as a box of rocks. I don't know that being mislabeled as "wild/feral" helped her as she was kitty-in-a-box at the local Pet Smart. She was in a lil clear rescue kitty box for 4 1/2 months. Like a kitson in an aquarium.  She is a loving kitty. I have seen her snitch things with the aid of her thumbs-- crayons, ear buds, QTips...
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    My love.

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    A walking kitty! 
    My love.

Your kitty looks like ours!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited November 2019

This is Skip. He is quite protective of his momma. After two months of hooking up with this chick, this was the first time he actually made a welcome gesture toward me. I gave him a cool mohawk and I think he was saying "thanks."
    That was 3 weeks ago. We’ve made pretty good strides since then. He loves to fetch and bust thru curtains/towels/etc like a football player running out of the tunnel, so we play for hours! He’s even meowed at me a couple times for attention and jumped on my lap. He won’t respond to my voice yet but he has started greeting me at the door.
    Now, the pre-cursor to all of this is that I'm a dog person who hates cats so it's quite a bit of a learning experience for me. I need a good practice in patience anyway and the effort seems to be appreciated.

This is Skip. He is quite protective of his momma. After two months of hooking up with this chick, this was the first time he actually made a welcome gesture toward me. I gave him a cool mohawk and I think he was saying "thanks."
    That was 3 weeks ago. We’ve made pretty good strides since then. He loves to fetch and bust thru curtains/towels/etc like a football player running out of the tunnel, so we play for hours! He’s even meowed at me a couple times for attention and jumped on my lap. He won’t respond to my voice yet but he has started greeting me at the door.
    Now, the pre-cursor to all of this is that I'm a dog person who hates cats so it's quite a bit of a learning experience for me. I need a good practice in patience anyway and the effort seems to be appreciated.
    We are dog people who have raised our cats like dogs. 
    deadendp said:

This little guy kinda acts like one when he plays.  Like I've never seen a cat play fetch repeatedly.  He'll sit in a spot and wait for you to throw the toy or fling the feather wand. Then he'll sneak attack it, sort of bring it back (usually just bats it a couple times til its close), and go right back to his spot until you throw it again.  It's probably why I'm getting along with him so far.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It’s my rug now. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    deadendp said:
    Not all polydactals are Hemingway cats. Only half of the Hemingway cats are polydactal. Apparently Maine Coon are most common polydactals and it's generally an east coast thing. Middle of the night research. :smiley:  

I would love to say she is a smart cat, but she really is as dumb as a box of rocks. I don't know that being mislabeled as "wild/feral" helped her as she was kitty-in-a-box at the local Pet Smart. She was in a lil clear rescue kitty box for 4 1/2 months. Like a kitson in an aquarium.  She is a loving kitty. I have seen her snitch things with the aid of her thumbs-- crayons, ear buds, QTips...
    The more you know :)  :star:  :star:  :star:  
    I would love to see a cat grasp something using thumbs, that's pretty cool. 

@HesCalledDyer    Skip has an awesome mohawk! Sounds like an active little guy. I don't think you're getting your rug back @dankind .  
    Another dog-like symptom he has is chewing.  Those feather wands, he'll grasp the feathers with his paws and sit there like a dog chewing on a damn bone.  Yanking plumes off with his teeth..  It's funny as hell.  Chews on the shower curtain, too.  Anyhing plastic he'll chew.  I've always known cats to be scratchers, ruining furniture, doorways, etc.  But never have I seen a chewing cat.  It's like he never got out of his teething stage.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^ :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    yeah she's weird. here she is about 10 years ago while cleaning her ears out.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    deadendp said:

This little guy kinda acts like one when he plays.  Like I've never seen a cat play fetch repeatedly.  He'll sit in a spot and wait for you to throw the toy or fling the feather wand. Then he'll sneak attack it, sort of bring it back (usually just bats it a couple times til its close), and go right back to his spot until you throw it again.  It's probably why I'm getting along with him so far.
    I wish we could post videos!  George used to fetch all the time when he was little.  His little leaps with outstretched paws trying to catch a paper ball were adorable.  And then trotting back with it in his mouth, laying it down in front of me and waiting.  Too goddamned cute.

(as is Skip)
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:

I wish we could post videos!  George used to fetch all the time when he was little.  His little leaps with outstretched paws trying to catch a paper ball were adorable.  And then trotting back with it in his mouth, laying it down in front of me and waiting.  Too goddamned cute.

(as is Skip)
    She just sent me a video of him rolling around on the floor just because he was happy she was home.  She's a yoga instructor and when she does her stretches he is right there with her on the floor trying to imitate some of the poses.  It's wild.
    I told him it’s too early to crank up the cuteness. The boy’s a rebel. 

^ Who can resist a face like that!!
    hedonist said:
    I told him it’s too early to crank up the cuteness. The boy’s a rebel. 

:kitty nose scratches:
    “Dude, move the fan.  I can’t lay in the window.”

Did you move the fan? 
    deadendp said:

Did you move the fan? 
    I did not.  I was too busy enjoying a beverage on the porch.
    deadendp said:

Did you move the fan? 
    I did not.  I was too busy enjoying a beverage on the porch.