Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,997
    Orin & Theo hanging on top of hot tub on this lazy Sunday 
    Adorable!! I love their little harnesses. My cats would have a fit if I tried to put anything on them. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    GlowGirl said:
    Orin & Theo hanging on top of hot tub on this lazy Sunday 
    Adorable!! I love their little harnesses. My cats would have a fit if I tried to put anything on them. 
    They don’t like when I put them on in the morning lol they usually come in around 3-4 pm everyday so we take them off we don’t let them out after 4.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I just wanted to take a moment to say that I will really miss Hedonist’s posts in this thread. I think this is where I interacted with her the most. You could tell how much she loved her kitties and always had a kind or funny comment about our kitty photos as well. It will be strange not seeing her post here anymore. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    GlowGirl said:
    I just wanted to take a moment to say that I will really miss Hedonist’s posts in this thread. I think this is where I interacted with her the most. You could tell how much she loved her kitties and always had a kind or funny comment about our kitty photos as well. It will be strange not seeing her post here anymore. 

saw your post and then went to the cancer thread and found out :cry:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    edited October 2022
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Yep I really Liked showing her photos of my two! She will be missed dearly 😥
  • Options

There is a certain time of day when the sun hits the sofa just right. 
  • Options
    The sun hits my bed just right in the morning Orin loves it! 
  • Options

Walked in my room and saw this. I had to quickly grab my phone and take a photo before they moved. Somehow they can sense when a photo is imminent. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Walked in my room and saw this. I had to quickly grab my phone and take a photo before they moved. Somehow they can sense when a photo is imminent. 
    Good catch I try to do the same with mine all the time! They look so comfy 
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Great photo. Beautiful eyes. My cats love a good box. 
  • Options

Just lounging around. 
  • Options

Wife & I are going to see a couple 5mo old kittens next week to see if one might be a good addition to our home. I think Chains is definitely missing out on the companionship she had with Alice. 

We're reading up on how to integrate a new cat, in the hopes one of these two seems like a good fit. 
  • Options

Wife & I are going to see a couple 5mo old kittens next week to see if one might be a good addition to our home. I think Chains is definitely missing out on the companionship she had with Alice. 

We're reading up on how to integrate a new cat, in the hopes one of these two seems like a good fit. 

YAY! Congrats and good luck :smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

YAY! Congrats and good luck :smiley:
    Thanks. More than anything we just want Chains to be comfortable, I would hate to bring a second cat into the house & make her miserable, We need it to be a good fit.

This is all new to me… wife grew up w/ cats, this is my first go around.
  • Options

Awesome! I hope you take home one, or maybe both 😽
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words. 

We could easily go the kitten route if we were so inclined… our angel of a neighbor took in a foster from Florida who was sent up in advance of hurricane ian… turns out she was pregnant, so we have a new liter to go visit & help socialize. 

But in the end we know we don’t want one that young. The cats we’re going to see next week are 5 months old, which is about as young as we want to go… we’re also talking to our neighbor about the mama cat, she’s about a year old, and very sweet. She’s super friendly w/ my wife & I when we go visit. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words. 

We could easily go the kitten route if we were so inclined… our angel of a neighbor took in a foster from Florida who was sent up in advance of hurricane ian… turns out she was pregnant, so we have a new liter to go visit & help socialize. 

But in the end we know we don’t want one that young. The cats we’re going to see next week are 5 months old, which is about as young as we want to go… we’re also talking to our neighbor about the mama cat, she’s about a year old, and very sweet. She’s super friendly w/ my wife & I when we go visit. 
    So cute! Thanks for that dose of kittens. I needed that. In the past I got two really young kittens like that. It is a lot of work - like having an infant. Mine would keep me up all night either meowing, or running around at top speed. My last three cats were around 5-6 months. Perfect age. Still a kitten but not quite so crazy. I can’t remember if Chains is a male or female. However, it is better to get a new cat of the opposite sex. They seem to socialize better. 
  • Options
    This is probably the closest they have been near each without any growling/hissing/fighting 

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    This is probably the closest they have been near each without any growling/hissing/fighting 

That is great. One of these days you will post a photo like this:

• Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Theo chilling watching WC game this morning!
  • Options
    Cute photos. I miss my kitties. Heading home on Monday from visiting my family. 
  • Options
    She squeezed herself in the space between my legs that are under the blanket. She looks like a furry snake. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    edited December 2022
    Really weird, scary thing happened this evening.  I got up from a chair and lost my balance and went down hard arm first on the table next to me where Annie was sitting.  She often likes to hang out near one of us.  It happened really fast and I came down hard on one of Annie's front legs.  She freaked and tried to get away and the claws on her other front leg caught my right hand and dug in and she hung from my hand for a moment and I yelled out in bad pain and she ripped loose and took off.  I was totally freaked out wondering how badly I had hurt her.  We finally found her under the couch (it has a six in space underneath) and she was having nothing to do with either of us, especially me.  Oh man, I felt bad. Really bad.  C. finally coaxed her out and checked out her leg and nothing was broken.  It seemed OK although she was walking a little gingerly on It for a while.  Three hours later and she seems to be walking OK now.
    But oh man, do I feel baaaaad.  My hand doesn't feel so great either but I doused it in alcohol, so it should be OK.  At least it wasn't her teeth.  That would be very problematic.  What a nightmare. 
    Poor kitty! I feel terrible!   :frowning: 
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Really weird, scary thing happened this evening.  I got up from a chair and lost my balance and went down hard arm first on the table next to me where Annie was sitting.  She often likes to hang out near one of us.  It happened really fast and I came down hard on one of Annie's front legs.  She freaked and tried to get away and the claws on her other front leg caught my right hand and dug in and she hung from my hand for a moment and I yelled out in bad pain and she ripped loose and took off.  I was totally freaked out wondering how badly I had hurt her.  We finally found her under the couch (it has a six in space underneath) and she was having nothing to do with either of us, especially me.  Oh man, I felt bad. Really bad.  C. finally coaxed her out and checked out her leg and nothing was broken.  It seemed OK although she was walking a little gingerly on It for a while.  Three hours later and she seems to be walking OK now.
    But oh man, do I feel baaaaad.  My hand doesn't feel so great either but I doused it in alcohol, so it should be OK.  At least it wasn't her teeth.  That would be very problematic.  What a nightmare. 
    Wow I hope you are both feeling better. It sounds like you got the brunt of it. You probably just freaked her out for a bit. If she is not limping she is likely ok. I always feel bad if one of my cats gets under my feet and i accidentally step on their foot or tail. They are always fine but make the most awful yowl. I always feel bad. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Hope you're ok, Brian. Glad to hear nothing too serious happened. 
  • Options
    Shouldn’t count my chickens before they’re hatched, but…. we filled out the application to adopt Nova here…. Hoping to pick her up the Monday or Tuesday before Christmas…. We’re probably overthinking the whole integration, but other than that, we’re looking forward to getting her settled. Wife kind of likes Nova, but Nuala (sounds like “Noolah”)came to me right after our first meeting, I think that’s going to stick. 

• Options
    Shouldn’t count my chickens before they’re hatched, but…. we filled out the application to adopt Nova here…. Hoping to pick her up the Monday or Tuesday before Christmas…. We’re probably overthinking the whole integration, but other than that, we’re looking forward to getting her settled. Wife kind of likes Nova, but Nuala (sounds like “Noolah”)came to me right after our first meeting, I think that’s going to stick. 

awww she's beautiful, looks like a tortie?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD