PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Hey woman! Hey woman! Is that yo man?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    yeah, they didn't show it again though, right?  Like it is obviously there in the same spot (now) but it was during a kind of sights and sounds scene of Philly.  Caught me off guard.  I guess I don't really think of it as a prop and more a Philly landmark of sorts and the way they used it was funny, cool, interesting
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    anyone going to the Tool show tonight?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    "You want a real man?!"

Clubber Lang was the shit.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Alright, I need to shake it up in here with some Phils talk. Here is my opening day roster for 2020

1 Kingery - CF
    2 Realmuto - C
    3 Harper - RF
    4 Moustakas - 3B
    5 Hoskins - 1B
    6 Gregorius - SS
    7 McCutchen - LF
    8 Segura - 2B

Bench:
    C-Knapp
    IF/OF-Holt
    OF - Bruce
    OF  - Quinn
    IF - ?

Rotation:
    1. Nola
    2. Bumgarner
    3. Arrieta
    4. Hamels
    5. Eflin/Pivetta/Velasquez

Bullpen:
    Harris
    Eflin/Pivetta/Velasquez
    Eflin/Pivetta/Velasquez
    Dominguez
    Alvarez
    Arano
    Morgan
    Neris
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Alright, I need to shake it up in here with some Phils talk. Here is my opening day roster for 2020

1 Kingery - CF
    2 Realmuto - C
    3 Harper - RF
    4 Moustakas - 3B
    5 Hoskins - 1B
    6 Gregorius - SS
    7 McCutchen - LF
    8 Segura - 2B

Bench:
    C-Knapp
    IF/OF-Holt
    OF - Bruce
    OF  - Quinn
    IF - ?

Rotation:
    1. Nola
    2. Bumgarner
    3. Arrieta
    4. Hamels
    5. Eflin/Pivetta/Velasquez

Bullpen:
    Harris
    Eflin/Pivetta/Velasquez
    Eflin/Pivetta/Velasquez
    Dominguez
    Alvarez
    Arano
    Morgan
    Neris
    i like that lineup.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hats off to Philly folks...ran the 1/2 on Saturday and it was really cool to see all of the people out cheering and encouraging the nutbags who found it fun to go run at 7:30 AM in 30 degree starting temps.  There were a lot of people out there and it made it much more fun to do.
    I wanted to go and encourage those doing the full marathon on Sunday (I will be there next year) but family stuff kept me from doing so. 

A very cool way to get around the city, as well.
    Hats off to Philly folks...ran the 1/2 on Saturday and it was really cool to see all of the people out cheering and encouraging the nutbags who found it fun to go run at 7:30 AM in 30 degree starting temps.  There were a lot of people out there and it made it much more fun to do.
    I wanted to go and encourage those doing the full marathon on Sunday (I will be there next year) but family stuff kept me from doing so. 

Congrats, man.  13 miles is a hell of an accomplishment.  My wife ran it Saturday too.  I was at the corner of Front and Washington with the little girl cheering people on from about 8:15 to 9.   Saw the wife, some friends then headed back home to warm up before heading towards the Parkway.  Met the wife and people for drinks/food at Tir Na Nog. Lovely day. The wife said she saw someone getting chest compressions towards the end of the race. Haven't seen news about anyone dying, so hoping that is good news.  That stuck with her a bit though. 

Then went out that night with buddies for the Sixers and ended up at Cheerleaders.  My wife was thrilled with the way I (we) celebrated her accomplishment. hahah.
    edited November 2019

Congrats, man.  13 miles is a hell of an accomplishment.  My wife ran it Saturday too.  I was at the corner of Front and Washington with the little girl cheering people on from about 8:15 to 9.   Saw the wife, some friends then headed back home to warm up before heading towards the Parkway.  Met the wife and people for drinks/food at Tir Na Nog. Lovely day. The wife said she saw someone getting chest compressions towards the end of the race. Haven't seen news about anyone dying, so hoping that is good news.  That stuck with her a bit though. 

Then went out that night with buddies for the Sixers and ended up at Cheerleaders.  My wife was thrilled with the way I (we) celebrated her accomplishment. hahah.
    Thanks & congrats to your wife! 
    I did not see anyone getting aid beyond one older woman who had obviously fallen, face first, and she looked to be OK.

Many people run w/o some way to monitor their heart rate, which seems foolish to me.  My sister runs and does Spartans and shit and she says "I only become concerned when I feel my heart beating in my ears."  Lectured her on it but she is stubborn.  (As I think anyone who does crazy shit like Spartan must be.)

Next year the full, the year after a 50 mile ultra.  13 was a good accomplishment for 2019 given that January 31st it had probably been 10 years since I had run 13 yards, never mind 13 miles. (I started on Feb 1)  Was my 4th race this year and while I want to do another one in DE next month I think my wife is squeezing the date so it might be my last for the year.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on

Thanks & congrats to your wife! 
    I did not see anyone getting aid beyond one older woman who had obviously fallen, face first, and she looked to be OK.

Many people run w/o some way to monitor their heart rate, which seems foolish to me.  My sister runs and does Spartans and shit and she says "I only become concerned when I feel my heart beating in my ears."  Lectured her on it but she is stubborn.  (As I think anyone who does crazy shit like Spartan must be.)

Next year the full, the year after a 50 mile ultra.  13 was a good accomplishment for 2019 given that January 31st it had probably been 10 years since I had run 13 yards, never mind 13 miles. (I started on Feb 1)  Was my 4th race this year and while I want to do another one in DE next month I think my wife is squeezing the date so it might be my last for the year.
    Yeah, it is a fair point. I don't think my wife does that. Something to bring up to her.

Good for you, man. I am in the same boat to where you were at the beginning of the year. I haven't ran at all basically since I stopped playing soccer competitively. I need to get back into something. Was riding my bike a lot, but didn't do that as much this year.  That's a hell of a plan. I know the wife will probably continue to do Broad St/Half, but I don't think she has interest in much more than that.  The training is just such a time commitment that we don't really have right now. I'd be a lot more interested in a half Ironman than the 50 mile ultra. that seems like hell!
    One step at a time....just commit to doing something for thirty days in a row and go from there.  

I'm not a swimmer and I busted my tailbone years ago and it didn't heal properly so no biking.  50 is enough to do where it is "plus"what the normal knuckleheads will do and will satisfy that piece for me.  Stated goal from June is a 50 by 50 but at 45 I think I can do it at 47.  Nothing beats getting aggressive with your aggression.
    And, most smart watches probably have a heart rate monitor....I know it isn't the same thing as a chest one or some fancy shit but for $200 you can get her a pretty good running watch which will do a good job of it --- and if she is interested in training hard then she would protect herself for you, your daughter, and everyone else who loves her.  I am sure on normal runs she can tell when to slow down but when Interval Training or running in a race pushing yourself is part of the deal....and it can lead to disaster.

Yeah, it's probably a pretty good call. I believe the dude that died in broad street past year was a healthy young guy, so it could happen to anyone.
    My wife knows a guy who had a heart attack who was in ridiculous shape. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

A very cool way to get around the city, as well

strip club?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wobbie said:

A very cool way to get around the city, as well

strip club?
    yes
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2019
    An hour into the Irishman. Friendly’s! Villa di Roma! Though both seem to be just props and not the real history of it, especially villa di Roma. Was never on an avenue and never that fancy 

also, I don’t understand why deniro looks like he does 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Also, had an article sent to me saying the phils May try to get betts by taking on price’s contract. No no no. Might be the worst idea imaginable 
    Halfway into the Irishman....fairly certain this movie is fucking horrendous. Completely certain that deniro is horrendous in it, which is incredibly unfortunate 
    Blasphemy. It was a really good movie. Awkward with making them appear younger and stuff for sure. But I felt it mostly lived up to the hype.....and I went in fully expecting it not to.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2019
    I’ll go as far to say De Niro’s acting reminds me of his acting in the intern or whatever that movie is called. The “fight” at the grocer after the guy puts his hands on his daughter or whatever may be the single worst piece of acting of his career. He moved like a 90 year old but was supposed to be a 40 year old. The scene with Hoffa after he swears at everyone...just bad bad acting

Pesci is awesome. Pacino is old Pacino.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    I’ll go as far to say De Niro’s acting reminds me of his acting in the intern or whatever that movie is called. The “fight” at the grocer after the guy puts his hands on his daughter or whatever may be the single worst piece of acting of his career. He moved like a 90 year old but was supposed to be a 40 year old. The scene with Hoffa after he swears at everyone...just bad bad acting

Pesci is awesome. Pacino is old Pacino.
    Agree to disagree, vehemently. He’s been really bad in a lot of poor movies over the last twenty years. This was not one of them. 

That fight scene was the awkward stuff I was talking about. I blame Scorsese for putting him in that position. Should’ve just had a stunt man or something. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It gets a lot better but the first hour plus is hot trash. 
    Eager to set aside 14 hours to watch it now, based on these conflicting reviews.  :lol:  
    Who's gonna try and swing a Euro trip this summer? I currently tinkering with selling the wife on the idea of a family vacation...
    Will do some NA spots, if I put a family trip together for Europe it will not be built around PJ at this point....would be cool to do so, but not gonna happen.
    Yeah, not happening for me.  Assume they're doing US in the fall?
    Yes, that is my assumption.  Philly, NY provides nearby opportunities.
    I mean the local shows are a given. I'm assuming there's an album this time?
    I mean the local shows are a given. I'm assuming there's an album this time?
    There god damned better be.

chinese-happy.jpg