Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    edited March 2022
    It is nuts right now. I just got a new job with a 20% pay increase and a signing bonus.

I can definitely look into that - I'm joining a software company that works in the pharma industry. Lots of guys with engineering backgrounds. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Cool, thanks.  Good luck with the new gig.
    Figured some might have engineer friends/relatives who could end up being matches.  Asking all around....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    It is nuts right now. I just got a new job with a 20% pay increase and a signing bonus.

I can definitely look into that - I'm joining a software company that works in the pharma industry. Lots of guys with engineering backgrounds. 
    Congrats dude. Where’d you get a job?  Welcome to pharma!

this situation is fucked. My team is 6 people short and I’m not even the most desperate team at my company. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

this situation is fucked. My team is 6 people short and I’m not even the most desperate team at my company. 
    Pretty much every department for us.  Im VP in one department and recruiting for the others.  Put my own 3 positions on hold since the other teams are so overtasked.
    This is a story all around.

What positions are you looking for?
    You are marketing, right?

I'm new to world of Pharma, as well; like it so far.

• Options

Pretty much every department for us.  Im VP in one department and recruiting for the others.  Put my own 3 positions on hold since the other teams are so overtasked.

Same, dude. Everyone in the same boat but it’s all so shitty. At the end of the day, clients are somewhat understanding, but also not their problem. It’s tough.

Yeah we’re a media agency. Looking for everything from entry level to mid-leadership.

Good stuff! We’ll have to chat more 

• Options
    Also, pumped for this week. Going to SXSW for the first time. Hear it’s a blast 
  • Options

This place IntegriChain, located across from Suburban Station working as their FP&A finance guy for one of the business lines. 
  • Options

Same, dude. Everyone in the same boat but it’s all so shitty. At the end of the day, clients are somewhat understanding, but also not their problem. It’s tough.

Yeah we’re a media agency. Looking for everything from entry level to mid-leadership.

Good stuff! We’ll have to chat more 

Agree, will look to catch up.

Enjoy your trip!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Also, pumped for this week. Going to SXSW for the first time. Hear it’s a blast 
    sweet, have fun!

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Looks like they're getting close here - looking forward to a fucking crazy whirlwind of free agency (as long as it benefits the Phillies).
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    What's the point of bigger bases?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    They would have made Bonds' head look smaller

• Options
    Ok I looked it up. It's to generate more stolen bases, get few over-slide tag-outs and reduce injuries.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Alright, baseball! Do these changes go into effect this year?

And....who are we signing?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Baseball really is a shame. My favorite sport hands down. Get this:  guess who already forgot who won the 2021 NL MVP?

Edit:. And we're signing EVERYONE. 
  • Options
    Alright, baseball! Do these changes go into effect this year?

And....who are we signing?
    This year I believe the following happens:
    -12 teams in playoffs
    -Universal DH (ARRGH)
    -Back to 9 inning games for DH's
    -Back to regular extra innings (no zombie runner)

The other stuff - shift rules, bigger bases, pitch clock - I think comes in 2023

• Options
    Im on board for those changes.
    They also increase the minimum spend for teams w/o penalty, next year....which as a fan of the fucking Reds I am very much in favor of.
  • Options
    There is nothing funnier on TV than Republican primary campaign commercials. Just comedy gold.
  • Options
    Also sounds like defensive shifts are going to be banned? That's terrible.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    There is nothing funnier on TV than Republican primary campaign commercials. Just comedy gold.
    That Mccormick guy is airing those '"lets go brandon" ads again. Saw it during JIM GARDNERS newscast, of all places, last night. Fuck him.

The shift sucks. I am happy it's banned. Wish it started this year though. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    David McConnecticut???

• Options
    I dont think they should ban the shift, at the same time as i think the shift sucks.
  • Options
    As much as I think banning the shift sucks in theory it completely fucks with the purity (yes you heard me goddammit the purity) of the game. Don't wanna hit into the shift ? Go the other way. Adapt, evolve. One of the things that's so awesome about baseball to me is that anybody can play it.

And I don't care what anyone says about Joe Maddon. Gimme 2 man outfields and 5 men infields. Gimme something different, shake it up.
  • Options
    It’s a different game than it was, especially with everyone throwing 100. Ban it 
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't  know about this purity stuff when they just started these crazy shifts 10+ years ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Stupid! Delay your swing, go the other way. If you want to be a caveman play football damnit.

ALSO, while we're at it, shorten Center and extend the distance to the foul poles. I want more triples.

The next team that does a replica old timey stadium I want them to bring back the likes of something like Forbes or Polo Grounds. Just massive fields.

And I want pickoff throws to be so gratuitously obvious that they're nearly balks everytime. Basically almost nothing is a balk. Like unless their knee is touching their throwing elbow nothing should be a balk. But you only get 3 throws over to a base during an AB. More steals, more triples, thanks. 
  • Options
    And what the fuck is going on with this tour? Dates are coming? Philly in the fall it sounds like. I want my goddamn Baltimore show back.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    And what the fuck is going on with this tour? Dates are coming? Philly in the fall it sounds like. I want my goddamn Baltimore show back.
    Yeah same here. Such a bummer. 

I couldn't get an answer in the big thread on the Porch, but are there going to be tickets on sale for these shows? So if you have tickets to a postponed show, you'll have tickets to the reschedule show. But will there be additional tickets to buy due to people that took refunds? Or for matter, will there be additional shows? I have no idea what's going on. I mentally checked-out after Baltimore was cancelled, but now I'm getting the itch as everyone awaits an announcement. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Agree with JP on the shift.  Hate it but dont think it should be banned.  Seems smart to position oeople that way.
    Hit it where they aint!
  • Options
    Looks like some shows like LA are still happening before they depart for Europe and are honoring those purchases. Separately there should be more dates in the fall (PHILLY).