Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JT167846 said:
    Thank feck they're not doing down under just this second. Christmas, the Boxing Day test, 5 weeks in Asia and now Tool is coming too...phew. My wallet is thanking me (the best of first world problems I know). Have at it Europe hopefully next NZ summer we'll get to see the lads.
    Feck says, "You're welcome!"

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 919
    PJNB said:

Here is something we haven't probably talked about.  What will the announcement look like for the Euro 2020 tour that is likely made end of Nov., first week of December?   Will it include any mention of a new album?  They haven't had new music in 7 years so they don't need an album announcement to generate additional interest, but would be odd to announce a tour without referencing the new album (that we expect) to be released before the tour.   Do they mention that they are working on a new album and expect it to be released in the first of 2019?   They could always stay silent, sell a shit ton of tickets regardless, and then the album buzz in 2020 could bring a second wave of interest in tickets.

If they announce an album do they reference that there are plans for more shows beyond Europe (but only plans)?

I really think 2022 will be the new album tour for Europe. Seems so far off but I just don't see the album coming out next year in time for this tour and then a huge NA tour after. 2021 will be 2013 and 2022 will be 2014 imo. 
    Based on MM comments I would agree with you. I just don't understand what everyone is getting all excited about for a 2020 EU tour. MM said nothing is in the works or planned, nothing. No album and no tour. Not sure what Dimi is talking about with all these clues. MM is a band member. I would guess he knows more than Dimi or anyone else. He made it clear, "nothing planned" and a couple months ago said "no new music" There are the true answers to all this. No tour! No album!. Not anytime soon anyway. 2022 sounds about right.
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:

Here is something we haven't probably talked about.  What will the announcement look like for the Euro 2020 tour that is likely made end of Nov., first week of December?   Will it include any mention of a new album?  They haven't had new music in 7 years so they don't need an album announcement to generate additional interest, but would be odd to announce a tour without referencing the new album (that we expect) to be released before the tour.   Do they mention that they are working on a new album and expect it to be released in the first of 2019?   They could always stay silent, sell a shit ton of tickets regardless, and then the album buzz in 2020 could bring a second wave of interest in tickets.

If they announce an album do they reference that there are plans for more shows beyond Europe (but only plans)?

I really think 2022 will be the new album tour for Europe. Seems so far off but I just don't see the album coming out next year in time for this tour and then a huge NA tour after. 2021 will be 2013 and 2022 will be 2014 imo. 
    Based on MM comments I would agree with you. I just don't understand what everyone is getting all excited about for a 2020 EU tour. MM said nothing is in the works or planned, nothing. No album and no tour. Not sure what Dimi is talking about with all these clues. MM is a band member. I would guess he knows more than Dimi or anyone else. He made it clear, "nothing planned" and a couple months ago said "no new music" There are the true answers to all this. No tour! No album!. Not anytime soon anyway. 2022 sounds about right.
    Because Mike can't talk about it... or even don't know yet the places - they don't book themselves, they've got people to do that for them. It's obvious. The tour is in progess. And as I said before: it's from multiple sources. They are gonna play festival and that means that a lot of people know about them being booked for a headliner slot. 
    The tour is on. 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    If the rumours are true and PJ will be in Poland 2020 - why not Tauron Arena Krakow (as in 2018? it's the largest indoor venue in Poland) but on 9-11 July in Tauron Arena there is a Volleyball Memorial so... I think that's the possible date for a show in Poland and that's the reason why they chosen another venue (Lodz Atlas Arena?). 
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,439

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:

He was responding to a question about touring the US
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,506
    I'm feeling a one-off 2020 Hartford show.  Just a hunch.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    ziggo is great place for tour to start.
    Thank you Captain Obvious.... =) ..... since the last 2 Euro tours started there.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Jamer196 said:
    All we need is just a little patience ...

Said "woman take it slow, and it'll work itself out fine"
    All we need is just a little patience
    Said "sugar make it slow and we'll come together fine"
    All we need is just a little patience (Patience)
    Mm, yeah
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    pjl44 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:

He was responding to a question about touring the US
    That’s what I was thinking. The question was about the US so it was easy for him not to give away anything about Europe
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    What makes me think: If they play AMS 18 June and are not playing Pinkpop, where are they playing that weekend instead?

GER1 (not Berlin) was supposed to be on the 22/23 June, wasn‘t it?
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233

no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    That’s tomorrow! A bit early for PJ maybe?
    Maybe we got that early tour part totally wrong?!
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    If we're lucky, we get the days when PJ doesn't play.
  • Options
    retro said:
    If we're lucky, we get the days when PJ doesn't play.
    I‘d rather get days when they are playing 
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    Tomorrow 10am then ? 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    But then again why would we have to wait until december every time. If they are ready, then bring it on. I am ready. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Red Hot Chili Peppers for PinkPop.
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    Are they playing Pinkpop or not? Thought only one country get‘s two shows (Germany)?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    JackD. said:
    Are they playing Pinkpop or not? Thought only one country get‘s two shows (Germany)?
    Can't find the direct quote right now, but I think it was one country will get two shows, maybe two.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    if they dont play pinkpop why just one show in ziggo?!?
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    mrk2 said:
    JackD. said:
    Can't find the direct quote right now, but I think it was one country will get two shows, maybe two.

this one:

How many countries got more than one show? 
     1  ,and maybe a second.,,will be cleared soon the second .,
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited November 2019

Here is something we haven't probably talked about.  What will the announcement look like for the Euro 2020 tour that is likely made end of Nov., first week of December?   Will it include any mention of a new album?  They haven't had new music in 7 years so they don't need an album announcement to generate additional interest, but would be odd to announce a tour without referencing the new album (that we expect) to be released before the tour.   

I really hope no new tour until new PJ album is out.
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,777
    raindog80 said:

Here is something we haven't probably talked about.  What will the announcement look like for the Euro 2020 tour that is likely made end of Nov., first week of December?   Will it include any mention of a new album?  They haven't had new music in 7 years so they don't need an album announcement to generate additional interest, but would be odd to announce a tour without referencing the new album (that we expect) to be released before the tour.   

Tour > No Tour 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,898
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:

Tour > No Tour 

Agreed!  I want to do a Quebec City/ Montreal run next tour.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I might be the minority on this but I’d prefer the tour before the album.  While new album may have some good songs, odds are new songs occupy 25% of the show just because and that could be at the expense of hearing more classics.  I’ll take an extra play of In Hiding, Nothingman, Sad, etc. instead. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:

Tour > No Tour 

Agreed!  I want to do a Quebec City/ Montreal run next tour.  
    Book it!

All these people not wanting a tour until the new album drops can stay at home and wait for the new album. I will be watching the best band in the world whenever the chance allows it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Prague? 
  • Options
    Kusy said:
    Prague? 
    Fast edit! Spill the beans....