Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    benjs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I can also safely assume there was no violence involved in the weed I buy from the government.

Maybe that makes me a fool.
    why would that make you a fool?
     A regular here, I won't name names, has had a few meltdowns here saying that people who buy legal weed are fools.
    Nice and subtle :D
    I will vacate this thread for a while while you and the gang of usuals can enjoy a circle jerk together...have a nice day losers.  You 2 are not capable of normal....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Weed was illegal for 90 years or so.  People were buying off the blackmarket for years before government weed came along. I do not recall people dropping dead from buying weed off their dealer...LMFAO.

It looks like government weds makes you paranoid...

And you have no clue what goes on in those facilities.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    benjs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I can also safely assume there was no violence involved in the weed I buy from the government.

A regular here, I won't name names, has had a few meltdowns here saying that people who buy legal weed are fools.
    I will vacate this thread for a while while you and the gang of usuals can enjoy a circle jerk together...have a nice day losers.  You 2 are not capable of normal....
    Dude, I've said on here that I avoid legal weed because it's poorer quality and not well-managed. I objected to your comment that anyone who doesn't feel the same is a fool. If you can't handle that, enjoy your vacation.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I was buying off the black market because there was no other choice. now I can buy a product I know hasn't been tampered with. Have I ever bought weed that was tampered with? that I know of, maybe once or twice. nothing major. But why take the risk? it's fine if people are willing to take that risk, but I'm not. i have a wife and kids. there have been incidents of shit being laced with fatal substances. "it will never happen to me". famous last words. it's not paranoia. it's just being safe. if you have a dealer where he knows where he gets his stuff, or grows it himself, good for you. most of us don't have that luxury. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/firefighters-union-fentanyl-public-awareness-1.3855190

do you buy liquor off some guy off the street, just because of a higher alcohol content? of course you don't.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    benjs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I guess there is a lot of us risking it all on the black market, saving money and not contributing tax dollars to the crooked government...

5 Reasons Why the Cannabis Black Market Won’t Go Away
    https://zenpype.com/5-reasons-why-the-cannabis-black-market-wont-go-away/?fbclid=IwAR2nwAZ8sy2BeaokOUw0hEmvqfAGFL8uaMKupCa4x7G-YgCRNjNLtypGsGg

Meanwhile, analysts at Scotiabank estimated in early February that the black market would be responsible for 71% of total cannabis sales in Canada in 2019.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Man, it’s been a bit of a rough week and a bit. Been up in Muskoka with my aunt and uncle who lean further right than I do. They’re pissed about the election results (my uncle would have people pass a test in order to vote, a view that preceded the vote), whereas I feel that the people have spoken so let the complaining about specific policies and legislation begin, lol.

On my way back to the Liberal mecca of Toronto/Scarborough now, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    So, Wexiters, here’s an option for you. Are you interested in joining the US?

https://apple.news/ABaARvD-dTtWFsPlqDHaDOw
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    So, Wexiters, here’s an option for you. Are you interested in joining the US?

https://apple.news/ABaARvD-dTtWFsPlqDHaDOw
    Wexit - LAME
    Lame name, Lame idea, Lame leader, Lame people, Lame hat, Lame slogan.
    Nuff said. This “western alienation” angle is overblown. Kenney is using all of it for political gain. 

It would all be hilarious if I wasn’t getting lumped in with all this nonsense. 
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Go ahead Wexit party, you only further splinter the conservative vote, ensuring the Conservatives do not get into power.

kenney is a joke. No one is talking about the dirty tricks he used to get elected within his own “united” party
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    your leader has been fired
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I'm glad to see him gone, finally.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Only in Canada could a blowhard hockey announcer getting fired be used to promote nonsensical ideological divisiveness. 
    Freedom is not only the right to say what you want, it’s also the right of people who disagree to voice THEIR opinion. Thus, freedom to speak, freedom to suffer the consequences. 

It’s nonsense because his firing wasn’t political, it was a business decision. Public opinion (consumers) affect with the ones paying the bills (advertisers) this he had to go.  Not to mention Sportnet is taking A BATH on that hockey rights contract.  All of a sudden all the conservatives became “left-wing” union apologists trying to save someone’s job. 

There’s the dichotomy.  You want all the freedom to say what you want, without any of the consequences. LOL. 
    Comical. 

NOTE: Cherry was on a short leash for prior “slips of the tongue”. No one gets fired from any job for one mistake unless it’s so utterly blatant they have no choice. Grapes ran out of chances. 
  • Options
    Only in Canada could a blowhard hockey announcer getting fired be used to promote nonsensical ideological divisiveness. 
    Freedom is not only the right to say what you want, it’s also the right of people who disagree to voice THEIR opinion. Thus, freedom to speak, freedom to suffer the consequences. 

It’s nonsense because his firing wasn’t political, it was a business decision. Public opinion (consumers) affect with the ones paying the bills (advertisers) this he had to go.  Not to mention Sportnet is taking A BATH on that hockey rights contract.  All of a sudden all the conservatives became “left-wing” union apologists trying to save someone’s job. 

There’s the dichotomy.  You want all the freedom to say what you want, without any of the consequences. LOL. 
    Comical. 

NOTE: Cherry was on a short leash for prior “slips of the tongue”. No one gets fired from any job for one mistake unless it’s so utterly blatant they have no choice. Grapes ran out of chances. 
    Exactly
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

Comical. 

Exactly
    100%
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Minister of Middle-Class Prosperity ... WTF is that.  That should be the goal of every elected politician.  I'm sure she figured a way to jack up the taxes on the middle class.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Minister of Middle-Class Prosperity ... WTF is that.  That should be the goal of every elected politician.  I'm sure she figured a way to jack up the taxes on the middle class.
    My thought was more along the lines of every politician working for the prosperity of ALL CITIZENS from the rich all the way down to the poor.  Then again, us poor folk are needed to scare the shit out of everyone else, lol (credit to George Carlin on that one, lol).

• Options
    Maybe this should go in the idiot thread, but someone needs to remind journalists that puns are the lowest form of humour, lol.

There’s been a recent spree of someone dumping a bucket of urine and feces on people (apparently all of Asian descent...hate crime?) (for those unaware). The current headline on the Sun: “Toronto Cops Flush Out Fecal Flinger.”

I swear during the 6 o’clock news a reporter said “here’s a picture of the number one suspect in a number two assault.”

Witty or not? I’m sure those who had it done to them think not.

• Options
    Maybe this should go in the idiot thread, but someone needs to remind journalists that puns are the lowest form of humour, lol.

There’s been a recent spree of someone dumping a bucket of urine and feces on people (apparently all of Asian descent...hate crime?) (for those unaware). The current headline on the Sun: “Toronto Cops Flush Out Fecal Flinger.”

I swear during the 6 o’clock news a reporter said “here’s a picture of the number one suspect in a number two assault.”

Witty or not? I’m sure those who had it done to them think not.
    I totally agree. This is not at all a funny story. It is horrifying, and I'm sure the victims are traumatized. I know I would be. It has been making me mad that all the stories about it make light of it somehow. Disgusting.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    December 6th - never forget. 30 years ago today. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    December 6th - never forget. 30 years ago today. 
    I thought Trudeau’s comments about the event in the House were very poignant. I support the government’s hope to ban public sale of all military assault rifles in Canada.  If you feel it is your “right” to own a killing machine, you don’t understand human rights.  
  • Options
    Andrew Sheer steps down as Conservative Leader after he was found out to be using party money to pay for his kids' private school tuition. 

BWAHAHAHA. 

the irony of all the "liberals are corrupt" crowd is DELICIOUS
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Andrew Sheer steps down as Conservative Leader after he was found out to be using party money to pay for his kids' private school tuition. 

BWAHAHAHA. 

Surprise!
  • Options

BWAHAHAHA. 

I’m disappointed to read that this is the case, and I support the party asking (even demanding) his resignation, because this is entirely a party matter (which doesn’t make it justified). His hand wasn’t dipping into government coffers. Better to get a new leader in place for the early election we know is coming in a couple years.

It would be nice if some media (CP24, CBC) stopped framing this as partly a result of Scheer’s personal views on some issues (LGBT, abortion) despite his numerous statements during the campaign that a Conservative government wouldn’t change the status quo (it’s starting to feel like groupthink is being pushed on us).

And I don’t think (and hope) I’ve never said only the Liberals are corrupt, lol. It’s unacceptable on any side of the aisle.

• Options

BWAHAHAHA. 

I’m disappointed to read that this is the case, and I support the party asking (even demanding) his resignation, because this is entirely a party matter (which doesn’t make it justified). His hand wasn’t dipping into government coffers. Better to get a new leader in place for the early election we know is coming in a couple years.

It would be nice if some media (CP24, CBC) stopped framing this as partly a result of Scheer’s personal views on some issues (LGBT, abortion) despite his numerous statements during the campaign that a Conservative government wouldn’t change the status quo (it’s starting to feel like groupthink is being pushed on us).

And I don’t think (and hope) I’ve never said only the Liberals are corrupt, lol. It’s unacceptable on any side of the aisle.
    no, it wasn't in government coffers, but it's still fraud or theft (depends on how he did it/covered it up). 

no, I have never seen you make that accusation. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD