Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    PJPOWER said:
    I find it interesting that the same people around here (American and Canadian) that were supportive of people disrupting roadways and violent protests, mentioning “remember the Boston Tea Party (illegal protest, btw)” are the same ones speaking out against disruptive, illegal protests now.  I remember mentioning how allowing illegal, violent protests is setting precedent for future protests, but was still told “the only way for change is disrupting society”, but here we are.  Either you allow it for all or you don’t.  You cannot support “certain” protests to block roadways and disrupt society and not others.  Where is the Boston Tea Party remembrance now? 
    I, for one, do not support ANY political protests that involve blocking roadways and disrupting people’s lives as far as safety or getting to work, hospitals, etc, but I’m not at all surprised we’re seeing this shit now, after the way protests over the last few years were supported.  If you don’t support violent, illegal protests, then don’t support violent, illegal protests, whether you support the root cause or not. 
    I don't support violent or illegal protests. I don't think anyone should. But I certainly can take context into account when deciding if can understand the root cause. The BLM protestors that got violent should absolutely 100% be punished to the full extent of the law. there was no excuse for that. 

the root cause of this protest is a bunch of entitled idiots that don't understand what they are even protesting. they want change that is already coming. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,719
    See the hypocrisy here..  is when it's white folks doing the exact same, if not worse, than aboriginal people....  Trudeau is evil for flexing any sort of muscle to stop it. He's a 'Tyrant.' lol 

But when it's aboriginal people who are protesting, if Trudeau doesn't do enough, he's a coward and harmful to the economy. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2022
    PJPOWER said:
    I find it interesting that the same people around here (American and Canadian) that were supportive of people disrupting roadways and violent protests, mentioning “remember the Boston Tea Party (illegal protest, btw)” are the same ones speaking out against disruptive, illegal protests now.  I remember mentioning how allowing illegal, violent protests is setting precedent for future protests, but was still told “the only way for change is disrupting society”, but here we are.  Either you allow it for all or you don’t.  You cannot support “certain” protests to block roadways and disrupt society and not others.  Where is the Boston Tea Party remembrance now? 
    I, for one, do not support ANY political protests that involve blocking roadways and disrupting people’s lives as far as safety or getting to work, hospitals, etc, but I’m not at all surprised we’re seeing this shit now, after the way protests over the last few years were supported.  If you don’t support violent, illegal protests, then don’t support violent, illegal protests, whether you support the root cause or not. 
    I don't support violent or illegal protests. I don't think anyone should. But I certainly can take context into account when deciding if can understand the root cause. The BLM protestors that got violent should absolutely 100% be punished to the full extent of the law. there was no excuse for that. 

the root cause of this protest is a bunch of entitled idiots that don't understand what they are even protesting. they want change that is already coming. 
    Understanding and supporting the root cause is (or should be) completely separate from supporting violent and illegal protests, I fully agree.  I think some believe they are the same.
    For the record, you were not someone I was referring to.  You have been pretty consistent.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Understanding and supporting the root cause is (or should be) completely separate from supporting violent and illegal protests, I fully agree.  I think some believe they are the same.
    For the record, you were not someone I was referring to.  You have been fairly consistent.
    You are correct as well that it sets a precedent. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited February 2022
    How the 'Battle of Billings Bridge' attracted hundreds of volunteers, trapped convoy for hours
    "It just happened. I have never seen anything like it."

As the sun was going down and the temperatures dipped, the truck drivers in the convoy were permitted a “negotiated retreat” — they were allowed to leave one at a time, but only after their trucks had been stripped of flags, and “Freedom Convoy” stickers, and surrendered any jerry cans.

“The look on their faces when they were taking down their flags was one of defeat, not of pride,” said Harden.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    PJPOWER said:
    Just my 2 cents…
    Burn it down!! 

I guess it matters if you agree or not with what’s being protested? I don’t know. Nothing I do or think is politically motivated so I wouldn’t know. I guess burning down businesses wasn’t disrupting anything. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Parksy said:
    So yer just .. just gonna ignore that huh?  Makes sense.  lol 
    Please don't disturb him during Twitter time. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Parksy said:
    lol
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    peaceful demonstrations are a cornerstone of democracy.....problem is....this ain't peaceful. 
    I heard this way too often during the racial justice protests of 2020 in the US.  I am not sure where people come up with the idea that demonstrations must be peaceful. Depending what side of the line you are on seems to be determinate of what you view as the right kind of protest.  So far these truckers which I don't support seem very tame in comparison to the protests around racial justice that I do support and took part in.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    peaceful demonstrations are a cornerstone of democracy.....problem is....this ain't peaceful. 
    I heard this way too often during the racial justice protests of 2020 in the US.  I am not sure where people come up with the idea that demonstrations must be peaceful. Depending what side of the line you are on seems to be determinate of what you view as the right kind of protest.  So far these truckers which I don't support seem very tame in comparison to the protests around racial justice that I do support and took part in.
    For the people who looted or destroyed property that summer, did you believe they should face criminal charges or did your sympathy for their position lead you to believe they should face no charges?
  • Options
    static111 said:
    You're correct that perspectives and opinions drive narratives.  That's what keeps our political hypocrisy train going and the wedging the divides in society even further.   And while people, little people like us, (Christmas Vacation) understand this...  our leaders.. a leader, hopefully one day can represent something unbiased and non-partisan. 

I think in a perfect world...  no matter what the cause or issue, people wouldn't feel the need to be disruptive or violent to get their point across. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I have participated in many protests/marches. Not one was illegal or violent.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    edited February 2022
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:
    Have at your vaccine.  I was told if we get vaccinated all mandates are removed.  They lied.  It took these protest to move to bring these mandates to an end..

I will not be taking anymore vaccine…lockdowns never worked.  It put a strain on everyone who was effected in some way..Stop the bullshit. 
    yeah, because the pandemic has been static for two years. 

these protests did nothing. these restrictions being lifted were in the works for weeks. but sure, keep on believing in your "victory". hahaha

lockdowns worked to ease the burden on the health care system; fact. but you don't care about doctors and nurses who have been demonized while healing the sick, spat on for doing their jobs, exhausted from treating the unvaccinated; just the "oppressed" truckers. 

way to be on the right side. 
    I have to respectfully disagree on your take regarding the convoy.  I feel this was successful on a couple levels.  One, being the publics increased involvement in politics once again- either for or against (I believe Oftenreading mentioned this before).  Secondly, if anything it has shown that the people can have their voices heard regardless of the method or size and make an impact.    Finally, Unity across all cultures.  Yes yes i get you guys are against this.. ive seen it on the last hundred pages. Ha

If talks were taking place in January- why not interact with convoy to inform at that time?  I guess you would still have protests (people camping out and such) but perhaps a smaller contingent not tying up the streets of Ottawa or across Canada. I think it was the pressure applied with the blocking of the ambassador bridge if anything that finally got it to the point we are at today.   Pressure from Biden and the auto industry greased the wheels.  Also, let me put on my tin foil hat for a sec haha, if talks/plans were in place, was this a ploy for JT to invoke the EMA?  tighter Gov't controls?

To refer to this group as the free-dumb convoy as many of you have stated here, is just wrong, they are anything but imo.  

bash away...

From what I've seen...  folks who appear to care about our country have not gotten more involved in politics.  They've been fed a steady diet of propaganda on the internet and are now lost.  

While I jokingly do refer to these as free-dumb convoy members...  this is why I think they're dumb:

Flying a F&^% Trudeau flag does not make you 'involved in politics' .. it means you're an attention seeking moron with zero respect.

'Demanding' a vote of no confidence months after a federal election is... well... stupid. 

Screaming at reporters "Fake News" and harassing them while they are covering the convoy is once again vulgar, attention seeking, disrespectful, moronic behaviour. Not to mention, they are only cementing my personal opinion that these are the same types of people who show up Trump rallies, just the Canadian version. 

There is zero right to grant anyone the ability to honk their horns all day and night. That one would think they can and should do this... makes them... dumb. And disrespectful. 

Comparing Trudeau to anything remotely close to a dictator is just false. I'm sorry it doesn't fit your narrative and I'm sorry it reputes your zinger tweets. It's factually incorrect. I'll be the first to say that he has been corrupt, disrespectful, and an asshole.  Go ahead, be critical of him. But do it correctly. Want to suggest he's corrupt? Point to SNC Lavalin, not the mandates. I would love nothing more than to have this opinion challenged. Those on 'the front' in Ottawa... should put their opinions to the test. Go to Moscow's Red Square, park a truck that says "FUCK PUTIN" on it and then just chill there for a bit. I double dare them. 

There is zero right to grant anyone the ability to block a roadway, except for police. 

To spend the time and money to go to these protests and blockades is... well... dumb. And I'm not saying that about all protests, just this one. Why is it dumb?  The leaders of the Liberal and NDP party made it crystal clear where they stood on the issue of the pandemic, vaccines, and mandates. They won the election. Simple as that. A minority group of people threatening and making demands for federal change after an election is the fundamental opposite of social democracy. 

If you watch that fellow I posted earlier... James Boull (?).  You're going to watch that man and not come to the conclusion that he is... wait for it, dumb as fuck?  And guess what, most of the convoy folk still there are just like him. 

These are selfish, narrow-minded, disrespectful, bored, moronic people who believe anything they're told so long as it fits their narrative. They think they represent Canada, when they do not. They think they are a majority, they are not. They think they're allowed to be doing this, they are not. They buy into fear mongering bullshit on the internet video after video, tweet after tweet, meme after meme, until they are so entrenched in their mindset that they believe they are so righteous and the world is out to get them. This is textbook cult like behaviour. 

I know the person who is front and centre in front of parliament.... she's part of the 'live from the shed' people.  They are attention seeking social media darlings.  They want attention, they want followers, they want to be seen and heard. They want to be different... they like being different. She has children which she has left with her two baby daddies to go join this convoy. She is an absolute attention seeking train wreck of a human. She is the type of person that this 'movement' is attracting. Brainless half-wits who are avoiding actual real life responsibilities. Has she been using her child tax benefit? Yes. Did she claim CERB? Yes. 

Speaking of her... she has not suffered from a single federal mandate. Not one. Not one single federal mandate has affected her life. LOTS of Provincial and Municipal mandates have. Yet there she is... at our nation's capital protesting against the federal government. That is dumb. Rant over. 

when have I posted a tweet?  I did a couple Russell Brand, one Jordan Peterson with Brian peckford discussing the charter, and a breaking point video in Joe Rogan thread.  
    My comment start is above, no intention to screw with HFDs comment.
    Just having a discussion that you clearly don't agree with but that's fine.  When the smoke settles on all of this and more information is provided, other than people's opinions,  I will reflect and decide for myself. 
    I'm not a supporter of hate. Nazis etc,  I just want change and no I don't mean overthrow the government which is constantly brought up, change for good which I know we can agree with.
    Damnit I hate posting from a cell.
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    For the people who looted or destroyed property that summer, did you believe they should face criminal charges or did your sympathy for their position lead you to believe they should face no charges?
    I'm not sure where honking horns and stopping traffic is similar to looting and destroying property on the scale we saw here.  As far as protesters in the US being held accountable, I would say there is a threshold there.  Find all the people responsible find out if there were any real instigators and hold them accountable fully.  People that maybe got swept up in the moment and threw a rock at a window or grabbed a small home appliance...probably slaps on the wrist.

To my understanding these truckers have not looted or destroyed property nor caused any serious amount of bodily harm.  One thing that may have kept this situation relatively calm is the canadian police not showing up in full battle armor shooting bean bags and gas like our fine officers have a propensity to do down here south of the northern border.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    I'm not sure where honking horns and stopping traffic is similar to looting and destroying property on the scale we saw here.  As far as protesters in the US being held accountable, I would say there is a threshold there.  Find all the people responsible find out if there were any real instigators and hold them accountable fully.  People that maybe got swept up in the moment and threw a rock at a window or grabbed a small home appliance...probably slaps on the wrist.

To my understanding these truckers have not looted or destroyed property nor caused any serious amount of bodily harm.  One thing that may have kept this situation relatively calm is the canadian police not showing up in full battle armor shooting bean bags and gas like our fine officers have a propensity to do down here south of the northern border.
    Wow. Honking horns and stopping traffic, the most charitable description I've heard yet.

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

I'm not saying it's the same scale, but blocking international trade is pretty fucking bad.  

I disagree with your "swept up in the moment" comment.  Do you think the J6 "swept up in the moment rioters" deserve a break?  My pov is that criminal activity is criminal activity.  If you do it, be prepared for the consequences.  If MLK was ready for them, so can all of these yahoos.  
  • Options
    Nami said:
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:
    Have at your vaccine.  I was told if we get vaccinated all mandates are removed.  They lied.  It took these protest to move to bring these mandates to an end..

I will not be taking anymore vaccine…lockdowns never worked.  It put a strain on everyone who was effected in some way..Stop the bullshit. 
    yeah, because the pandemic has been static for two years. 

these protests did nothing. these restrictions being lifted were in the works for weeks. but sure, keep on believing in your "victory". hahaha

lockdowns worked to ease the burden on the health care system; fact. but you don't care about doctors and nurses who have been demonized while healing the sick, spat on for doing their jobs, exhausted from treating the unvaccinated; just the "oppressed" truckers. 

way to be on the right side. 
    I have to respectfully disagree on your take regarding the convoy.  I feel this was successful on a couple levels.  One, being the publics increased involvement in politics once again- either for or against (I believe Oftenreading mentioned this before).  Secondly, if anything it has shown that the people can have their voices heard regardless of the method or size and make an impact.    Finally, Unity across all cultures.  Yes yes i get you guys are against this.. ive seen it on the last hundred pages. Ha

If talks were taking place in January- why not interact with convoy to inform at that time?  I guess you would still have protests (people camping out and such) but perhaps a smaller contingent not tying up the streets of Ottawa or across Canada. I think it was the pressure applied with the blocking of the ambassador bridge if anything that finally got it to the point we are at today.   Pressure from Biden and the auto industry greased the wheels.  Also, let me put on my tin foil hat for a sec haha, if talks/plans were in place, was this a ploy for JT to invoke the EMA?  tighter Gov't controls?

To refer to this group as the free-dumb convoy as many of you have stated here, is just wrong, they are anything but imo.  

bash away...

From what I've seen...  folks who appear to care about our country have not gotten more involved in politics.  They've been fed a steady diet of propaganda on the internet and are now lost.  

While I jokingly do refer to these as free-dumb convoy members...  this is why I think they're dumb:

Flying a F&^% Trudeau flag does not make you 'involved in politics' .. it means you're an attention seeking moron with zero respect.

'Demanding' a vote of no confidence months after a federal election is... well... stupid. 

Screaming at reporters "Fake News" and harassing them while they are covering the convoy is once again vulgar, attention seeking, disrespectful, moronic behaviour. Not to mention, they are only cementing my personal opinion that these are the same types of people who show up Trump rallies, just the Canadian version. 

There is zero right to grant anyone the ability to honk their horns all day and night. That one would think they can and should do this... makes them... dumb. And disrespectful. 

Comparing Trudeau to anything remotely close to a dictator is just false. I'm sorry it doesn't fit your narrative and I'm sorry it reputes your zinger tweets. It's factually incorrect. I'll be the first to say that he has been corrupt, disrespectful, and an asshole.  Go ahead, be critical of him. But do it correctly. Want to suggest he's corrupt? Point to SNC Lavalin, not the mandates. I would love nothing more than to have this opinion challenged. Those on 'the front' in Ottawa... should put their opinions to the test. Go to Moscow's Red Square, park a truck that says "FUCK PUTIN" on it and then just chill there for a bit. I double dare them. 

There is zero right to grant anyone the ability to block a roadway, except for police. 

To spend the time and money to go to these protests and blockades is... well... dumb. And I'm not saying that about all protests, just this one. Why is it dumb?  The leaders of the Liberal and NDP party made it crystal clear where they stood on the issue of the pandemic, vaccines, and mandates. They won the election. Simple as that. A minority group of people threatening and making demands for federal change after an election is the fundamental opposite of social democracy. 

If you watch that fellow I posted earlier... James Boull (?).  You're going to watch that man and not come to the conclusion that he is... wait for it, dumb as fuck?  And guess what, most of the convoy folk still there are just like him. 

These are selfish, narrow-minded, disrespectful, bored, moronic people who believe anything they're told so long as it fits their narrative. They think they represent Canada, when they do not. They think they are a majority, they are not. They think they're allowed to be doing this, they are not. They buy into fear mongering bullshit on the internet video after video, tweet after tweet, meme after meme, until they are so entrenched in their mindset that they believe they are so righteous and the world is out to get them. This is textbook cult like behaviour. 

I know the person who is front and centre in front of parliament.... she's part of the 'live from the shed' people.  They are attention seeking social media darlings.  They want attention, they want followers, they want to be seen and heard. They want to be different... they like being different. She has children which she has left with her two baby daddies to go join this convoy. She is an absolute attention seeking train wreck of a human. She is the type of person that this 'movement' is attracting. Brainless half-wits who are avoiding actual real life responsibilities. Has she been using her child tax benefit? Yes. Did she claim CERB? Yes. 

Speaking of her... she has not suffered from a single federal mandate. Not one. Not one single federal mandate has affected her life. LOTS of Provincial and Municipal mandates have. Yet there she is... at our nation's capital protesting against the federal government. That is dumb. Rant over. 

when have I posted a tweet?  I did a couple Russell Brand, one Jordan Peterson with Brian peckford discussing the charter, and a breaking point video in Joe Rogan thread.  
    My comment start is above, no intention to screw with HFDs comment.
    Just having a discussion that you clearly don't agree with but that's fine.  When the smoke settles on all of this and more information is provided, other than people's opinions,  I will reflect and decide for myself. 
    I'm not a supporter of hate. Nazis etc,  I just want change and no I don't mean overthrow the government which is constantly brought up, change for good which I know we can agree with.
    Damnit I hate posting from a cell.
    I wasn't referring to you with that comment. My apologies for the confusion. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111 said:
    when I say peaceful....I mean not costing people their livelihoods or destroying property. this protest is committing the former. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

I'm not saying it's the same scale, but blocking international trade is pretty fucking bad.  

I disagree with your "swept up in the moment" comment.  Do you think the J6 "swept up in the moment rioters" deserve a break?  My pov is that criminal activity is criminal activity.  If you do it, be prepared for the consequences.  If MLK was ready for them, so can all of these yahoos.  
    Sticking to the Trucker convoy of individual awesomeness or whatever it is and keeping this on track for Canadian Politics.  I mean isn't blocking commerce part of what non violent protest is about?  I agree that if MLK was ready for cops/the government that people should be ready today.  Speaking of MLK, based on my knowledge of him and statements in the books that he wrote, if he felt the cause was righteous I am pretty sure he would be ok with blocking international trade. That said I highly doubt that he would support these truckers.  

If you want to continue talking about J6 and or Black Lives Matter protestors and the suitable punishments I'm good to continue this side bar in one of those threads.  I don't want to distract from Canadian politics since I am just an interloper that had a Canadian Grandfather.

static111 said:
    when I say peaceful....I mean not costing people their livelihoods or destroying property. this protest is committing the former. 
    Is there any cause that you would justify keeping people from their jobs or making their livelihoods?   As to the destroying property point I agree to an extent, but it is my understanding that these truckers aren't destroying property?  Maybe I haven't been following closely enough, but I am not seeing any articles mentioning Ottawa falling.  Please feel free to link an article if there is destruction of property that I am unaware of.  And for the record, I do not support the truckers.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    Parksy said:
    Did you take the time to do some research on Canada…or is ignorance bliss
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZeWLbcAn0

I'm just gonna... just gonna put this here.  

If you want to... you can move to time 22:30 of this video. If you want to. 

Meltdown...  would LOVE to hear your insightful feedback on this glowing example of hypocrisy. 
    A few years back I believe Hugh complained about a rail blockade (not sure which one) and I am on record on these forms defending their right to protest…as long as it remains relatively peaceful.  Other than recently I really don’t think I commented much on BLM…people have the the right to protest.  You are more than free to search 100s of pages here to find that comment. But that was as a few years ago…and their are currently many other protest currently taking place that I have no problems…just because I don’t support every protest does not mean I think they should be stopped…same with BLM..police the criminals is anyone who has decent values want…

The Police have the tools to the the job.  The liberal saw an opportunity to steal and that’s what they did…

Some of us have a life.  We all don’t get to steal company time.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    yeah, the rail blockade blocks goods and hurts businesses, which you claim to support. at least I'm consistent. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    And even the indigenous peoples burning churches down in protest would I ever advocate for the government to act independently without the courts…takes a civics class…the ignorance among the left is amazing…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

Sticking to the Trucker convoy of individual awesomeness or whatever it is and keeping this on track for Canadian Politics.  I mean isn't blocking commerce part of what non violent protest is about?  I agree that if MLK was ready for cops/the government that people should be ready today.  Speaking of MLK, based on my knowledge of him and statements in the books that he wrote, if he felt the cause was righteous I am pretty sure he would be ok with blocking international trade. That said I highly doubt that he would support these truckers.  

If you want to continue talking about J6 and or Black Lives Matter protestors and the suitable punishments I'm good to continue this side bar in one of those threads.  I don't want to distract from Canadian politics since I am just an interloper that had a Canadian Grandfather.

static111 said:
    Is there any cause that you would justify keeping people from their jobs or making their livelihoods?   As to the destroying property point I agree to an extent, but it is my understanding that these truckers aren't destroying property?  Maybe I haven't been following closely enough, but I am not seeing any articles mentioning Ottawa falling.  Please feel free to link an article if there is destruction of property that I am unaware of.  And for the record, I do not support the truckers.
    none that come to mind.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    And even the indigenous peoples burning churches down in protest would I ever advocate for the government to act independently without the courts…takes a civics class…the ignorance among the left is amazing…
    it's getting really difficult to understand your weird ramblings as time goes on. who ever said the government should deal with criminal proceedings when it's not a crisis in real time? 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Parksy said:
    Did you take the time to do some research on Canada…or is ignorance bliss
    You're one to point fingers on ignorance.  That's really comical.  What do I need to research when there's 50 twitter posts a day here?  Isn't that real Canada?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited February 2022
    I can actually think of some cases where I would support keeping people from their work. Like blocking loggers from clear cutting an endangered old growth forest. Or preventing workers from entering a slaughterhouse found to be using inhumane practices... I could think of tons of instances like that, where I would think it's righteous to be keeping people from their jobs and making their livelihoods. Obviously it's not black and white... and obviously I don't think the "cause" of the idiot truckers is righteous... Hell, it's not even logical.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can actually think of some cases where I would support it. Like blocking loggers from clear cutting an endangered old growth forest. Or preventing workers from entering a slaughterhouse found to be using inhumane practices... I could think of tons of instances like that, where I would think it's righteous to be keeping people from their jobs and making their livelihoods. Obviously it's not black and white... and obviously I don't think the "cause" of the idiot truckers is righteous... Hell, it's not even logical.
    Everyone thinks their cause is righteous though, that's why they are there.  But the law is the law and if you break the law, you should be prepared to suffer the consequences.  That's why I brought up MLK.  There was no more righteous clause than his, but he was prepared to go to jail, even when he wasn't impeding commerce, or whatever.  

• Options
    edited February 2022
    And if you thought you’d trap me on First Nations protest…well  Not likely.  I’m pretty consistent on indigenous rights and I stand with the indigenous.  I don’t stand by their leaches of leaders and the weasels that bootlicked their way into the band offices who benefit greatly…similar to our politicians and the weasels in the government…

And if would never be OK with the government freezing the accounts of indigenous peoples…because that is theft.  

We have courts to sort this out.  Like I said, ignorance…simple.

Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    trap you? who is trying to trap you? do you need to change your tin foil hat? it's getting a bit worn out it seems. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com