Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    Nami said:
    Have at your vaccine.  I was told if we get vaccinated all mandates are removed.  They lied.  It took these protest to move to bring these mandates to an end..

I will not be taking anymore vaccine…lockdowns never worked.  It put a strain on everyone who was effected in some way..Stop the bullshit. 
    yeah, because the pandemic has been static for two years. 

these protests did nothing. these restrictions being lifted were in the works for weeks. but sure, keep on believing in your "victory". hahaha

lockdowns worked to ease the burden on the health care system; fact. but you don't care about doctors and nurses who have been demonized while healing the sick, spat on for doing their jobs, exhausted from treating the unvaccinated; just the "oppressed" truckers. 

way to be on the right side. 
    I have to respectfully disagree on your take regarding the convoy.  I feel this was successful on a couple levels.  One, being the publics increased involvement in politics once again- either for or against (I believe Oftenreading mentioned this before).  Secondly, if anything it has shown that the people can have their voices heard regardless of the method or size and make an impact.    Finally, Unity across all cultures.  Yes yes i get you guys are against this.. ive seen it on the last hundred pages. Ha

If talks were taking place in January- why not interact with convoy to inform at that time?  I guess you would still have protests (people camping out and such) but perhaps a smaller contingent not tying up the streets of Ottawa or across Canada. I think it was the pressure applied with the blocking of the ambassador bridge if anything that finally got it to the point we are at today.   Pressure from Biden and the auto industry greased the wheels.  Also, let me put on my tin foil hat for a sec haha, if talks/plans were in place, was this a ploy for JT to invoke the EMA?  tighter Gov't controls?

To refer to this group as the free-dumb convoy as many of you have stated here, is just wrong, they are anything but imo.  

bash away...

I meant they had no affect on easing of restrictions. 

why any need to interact with them? this information was readily available anywhere you read. first alberta, then saskatchewan, then manitoba, we all knew it was going to be a domino effect, as long as it looked like the wave was heading downward, which all signs pointed to since December when we saw the modeling from South Africa (it was assumed and hoped we all would follow the same short trajectory-so far we have). so these people decided they were going to affect change that was already happening and claim victory. it's hilarious. 
    Exactly. Anyone paying attention to omicron waves in other places around the world knew it would hit hard and fast then retreat.

No politician this late in the pandemic wanted to keep restrictions on longer than needed. Especially given how well vaccines have worked and new effective treatments. The restrictions were put in place to mainly protect our healthcare system from the unvaccinated, we knew they would over burden our hospitals.

Sane Canadians knew that the end of this wave was coming soon, so we didn't feel the need to throw a tantrum and hurt more people unnecessarily. Smooth brains just couldn't help themselves though. Had to stick it to the Libs and hurt the Canadian economy. Could have just waited a couple of weeks.

Yup. What an absurd waste of time and money these morons have been and are still being. It really makes me mad.
    And yet your perfectly fine with supporting racist and misogynist?  If you are mad because people are protest against a cause you do not agree with because your government bullied you into fear and and you support this racist you might want to attend an ethics class…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    What’s legalities got anything to do with it as long as unethical people support the racist, misogynist divisive prick …
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    China would be so proud of the racist, misogynist divisive prick…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Losing his power? How delusional are these people? 

Invoking the emergencies act and revisiting Covid restrictions do not have anything to do with one another either as much as you want to spin it that it does. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    PJNB said:
    Losing his power? How delusional are these people? 

Invoking the emergencies act and revisiting Covid restrictions do not have anything to do with one another either as much as you want to spin it that it does. 
    meh. he's just spending all his time scouring twitter for random posts that align with his twisted world view. nothing to see here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,719
    Nami said:
    Have at your vaccine.  I was told if we get vaccinated all mandates are removed.  They lied.  It took these protest to move to bring these mandates to an end..

I will not be taking anymore vaccine…lockdowns never worked.  It put a strain on everyone who was effected in some way..Stop the bullshit. 

these protests did nothing. these restrictions being lifted were in the works for weeks. but sure, keep on believing in your "victory". hahaha

lockdowns worked to ease the burden on the health care system; fact. but you don't care about doctors and nurses who have been demonized while healing the sick, spat on for doing their jobs, exhausted from treating the unvaccinated; just the "oppressed" truckers. 

I have to respectfully disagree on your take regarding the convoy.  I feel this was successful on a couple levels.  One, being the publics increased involvement in politics once again- either for or against (I believe Oftenreading mentioned this before).  Secondly, if anything it has shown that the people can have their voices heard regardless of the method or size and make an impact.    Finally, Unity across all cultures.  Yes yes i get you guys are against this.. ive seen it on the last hundred pages. Ha

If talks were taking place in January- why not interact with convoy to inform at that time?  I guess you would still have protests (people camping out and such) but perhaps a smaller contingent not tying up the streets of Ottawa or across Canada. I think it was the pressure applied with the blocking of the ambassador bridge if anything that finally got it to the point we are at today.   Pressure from Biden and the auto industry greased the wheels.  Also, let me put on my tin foil hat for a sec haha, if talks/plans were in place, was this a ploy for JT to invoke the EMA?  tighter Gov't controls?

To refer to this group as the free-dumb convoy as many of you have stated here, is just wrong, they are anything but imo.  

bash away...

From what I've seen...  folks who appear to care about our country have not gotten more involved in politics.  They've been fed a steady diet of propaganda on the internet and are now lost.  

While I jokingly do refer to these as free-dumb convoy members...  this is why I think they're dumb:

Flying a F&^% Trudeau flag does not make you 'involved in politics' .. it means you're an attention seeking moron with zero respect.

'Demanding' a vote of no confidence months after a federal election is... well... stupid. 

Screaming at reporters "Fake News" and harassing them while they are covering the convoy is once again vulgar, attention seeking, disrespectful, moronic behaviour. Not to mention, they are only cementing my personal opinion that these are the same types of people who show up Trump rallies, just the Canadian version. 

There is zero right to grant anyone the ability to honk their horns all day and night. That one would think they can and should do this... makes them... dumb. And disrespectful. 

Comparing Trudeau to anything remotely close to a dictator is just false. I'm sorry it doesn't fit your narrative and I'm sorry it reputes your zinger tweets. It's factually incorrect. I'll be the first to say that he has been corrupt, disrespectful, and an asshole.  Go ahead, be critical of him. But do it correctly. Want to suggest he's corrupt? Point to SNC Lavalin, not the mandates. I would love nothing more than to have this opinion challenged. Those on 'the front' in Ottawa... should put their opinions to the test. Go to Moscow's Red Square, park a truck that says "FUCK PUTIN" on it and then just chill there for a bit. I double dare them. 

There is zero right to grant anyone the ability to block a roadway, except for police. 

To spend the time and money to go to these protests and blockades is... well... dumb. And I'm not saying that about all protests, just this one. Why is it dumb?  The leaders of the Liberal and NDP party made it crystal clear where they stood on the issue of the pandemic, vaccines, and mandates. They won the election. Simple as that. A minority group of people threatening and making demands for federal change after an election is the fundamental opposite of social democracy. 

If you watch that fellow I posted earlier... James Boull (?).  You're going to watch that man and not come to the conclusion that he is... wait for it, dumb as fuck?  And guess what, most of the convoy folk still there are just like him. 

These are selfish, narrow-minded, disrespectful, bored, moronic people who believe anything they're told so long as it fits their narrative. They think they represent Canada, when they do not. They think they are a majority, they are not. They think they're allowed to be doing this, they are not. They buy into fear mongering bullshit on the internet video after video, tweet after tweet, meme after meme, until they are so entrenched in their mindset that they believe they are so righteous and the world is out to get them. This is textbook cult like behaviour. 

I know the person who is front and centre in front of parliament.... she's part of the 'live from the shed' people.  They are attention seeking social media darlings.  They want attention, they want followers, they want to be seen and heard. They want to be different... they like being different. She has children which she has left with her two baby daddies to go join this convoy. She is an absolute attention seeking train wreck of a human. She is the type of person that this 'movement' is attracting. Brainless half-wits who are avoiding actual real life responsibilities. Has she been using her child tax benefit? Yes. Did she claim CERB? Yes. 

Speaking of her... she has not suffered from a single federal mandate. Not one. Not one single federal mandate has affected her life. LOTS of Provincial and Municipal mandates have. Yet there she is... at our nation's capital protesting against the federal government. That is dumb. Rant over. 

Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    yes, for the millionth fucking time: you can catch covid even if vaxxed. but it's 20 goddamn times less likely you'll die from it. ffs this is getting unreal. 
    I believe the statistic you keep citing was based on delta, not omicron. While delta does continue to circulate I don’t believe it’s currently the dominant strain, so the number isn’t necessarily accurate to right now.
    https://www.healthline.com/health-news/by-the-numbers-covid-19-vaccines-and-omicron#2-dose-Pfizer-vaccine-vs.-Omicron

omicron data still shows, while less effective against symptomatic infection, strong effectiveness against hospitalization and death.

there is no denying this. 
    Certainly I’ve never denied that outcomes are effected, I’ve simply been pointing out that the vaccines (presented as our way “out of” covid) are doing less and less (at this point zero in a practical sense) to prevent spread. If we’re going to continue to essentially force people to get vaccinated against covid to prevent outcomes not spread, there’s a whole lot of other diseases we should be mandating vaccines for.
    the end point was always about mitigating serious outcomes. curbing the spread was a bonus in the beginning, but hand washing, masking, and distancing was always the best to prevent spread. 

in a practical sense, it is not "doing zero". it's seriously making me believe you just don't want to admit that the vaccines are highly effective at their job (preventing hospitalization and death) so there is no excuse for mandates. 
    Dude, I have numerous times openly acknowledged that the vaccines mitigate outcomes so I don’t know where you’re reading that.

I suppose I just have a very high standard for mandating behaviours, and yes, the initial science looked good (90-95% prevention of infection), but as nature took hold those numbers have dropped and dropped. If you’re going to force injections then I look for control of spread as a justification (amongst several considerations). I was happy to see science is finally looking at the protections of natural infection.

I’ll also say again that the federal government has tools to get some of the hesitant vaccinated. Make non-mrna vaccines widely available. I’m now wondering about the investments of journalists in Pfizer and moderna, since no one is asking why this isn’t being done.
    what would that standard be, by the way? total collapse of our health care system? waiting until we put doctors in a "who lives and who dies today?" sort of situation?
    It would be a combination of hospitalization statistics, community spread, severity of the dominant strain, all balanced against our wonderful rights and freedoms. (I’m probably missing some factors to be considered, but that’s what jumps to top of mind.)

As I typed the above, cbc had a doctor on who was making the point that given the current situation it seems reasonable to ease restrictions and end the segregation of the unvaccinated (transmission by the vaccinated being specifically cited). Which begs the question of the Prime Minister, why continue the divisive and antagonistic policies and rhetoric? What will it accomplish now?
    yes, we've all known this would happen for a while. we've all known that plans were in place since mid-january that most or all restrictions would end this coming spring. which makes this convoy all the more absurd. and the claim of victory laughable. 

trudeau is trying to get these idiots to end their occupation. it's interesting you call him antagonizing. he is the one RESPONDING to the antagonizing. 
    You’ve apparently chosen (or just as likely see it differently) to not acknowledge Trudeau’s shift from “Canada doesn’t mandate vaccines” in June to “Mandates or the highway” when he called the election in August (credibly established by members of his own caucus). Remember the uproar over unvaccinated Conservatives when Parliament returned? Since the election he’s done everything he can to paint anyone (not minorities, obviously) who has questions or disagreements as anti-vaccine and a card-carrying Conservative. He has been utterly inflexible on his policies, despite only leading a minority government (clear mandate my ass).

As I see it (feel free to disagree, I know many will), but Trudeau began laying the groundwork for the current protests when he chose to conquer and divide in the last election. These are his chickens coming home to roost.

It was very telling as I watched the emergency debate that all the parties were talking about the need to bring the people together. Except the Liberal party which wanted to unite Canadians by everyone acquiescing to their policies with zero negotiation.
    policies tend to change as situations change. he was hoping enough people would be smart enough to get the jab. 
    Just to be clear, you’re saying mandates were an evolution of policy, not a political tactic in an election? Is MP Lightbound a liar?
    a liar? that he has an opinion that mirrors yours? that he was pro mandate but now because of how he views the vaccine's effectiveness as "very low" because it doesn't protect much against infection (but again, it does against severe outcomes)? again, that view makes no sense to me. 

I couldn't give two shits if omicron gives 30 million people the sniffles. if it stops 70% of those who would normally suffer severe outcomes, then yes, it's STILL HIGHLY EFFECTIVE. 

it's weird to me to make such a substantial change in stance simply because you might get a runny nose now instead of not. why should that be the main driving factor? shouldn't DEATH be the main factor?
    Why do you feel the need to keep reminding me of my own words regarding mitigation of outcomes?

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6343730

I suggest you read this article, especially the statements regarding the trucker mandate where Lightbound confirms there has been no science to support the mandate (well, maybe there is, we’re all used to Trudeau not being “open and transparent” with any information by now).

Remember just before the pointless election (other than killing the order to produce the Winnipeg lab papers), all the health experts (who Trudeau claims he listens to) were practically begging politicians to NOT politicize vaccines? And right out of the gates Trudeau did.
    I'd already read this. you seem to think I support the cross border mandate. I don't. I think at this stage, it's meaningless. Protest away. I really have no idea why someone who spends most of their working life in solitary needs to be held to the same standard as those of us who work in groups. Or why it matters that there is an imaginary line that needs to drawn in the sand to keep people in America out. Or why these mandates apply to people in cars but not planes. it's absurd. But don't disrupt supply chains. Don't terrorize citizens with noise and obstruction. they've cost the canadian auto industry literally millions of dollars already. and then people like meltdown will bitch and moan when they ask for help. and people like him will bitch if trudeau gives it to them. and he'll bitch if trudeau doesn't give it to them. because this is less about mandates and mroe about hatred of our prime minister/liberals. maybe the truckers will start a gofundme for them? doubtful. 

It's their methods that bother me. and again, that restrictions are obviously on their way out anyway. 
    You’ve been fairly dismissive of Trudeau’s role in creating the angry environment that spawned this protest it seems, maybe I’ve misread you, but that’s how it’s come across.

Lightbound was asking for proof to back up the government policies and like many others was also asking for the Prime Minister to take the temperature down on the situation. Haven’t seen evidence of either of those things, and enacting the EMA is the nuclear option, far out of proportion to the “problem” in my opinion.

This has become problematic because local law enforcement didn’t adequately prepare for what they knew was coming and once things were out of hand failed to manage the situation. How about we let the interim police chief try doing his job? Too late, EMA’s in effect.
    So there's a great White Stripes song (I guess the last, since it's the last song on Icky) called Effect and Cause.  This reminds me of that.  Everyone blaming JT, the police, RCMP, whoever for how they handled the situation.  Well that's the effect.  The cause was the Truckers and their shutting down of international commerce, as if they had that right.  They don't.  You can't take the effect, and make it the cause.  HFD has it dead on in his post.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzWckYfZhbA
    I was literally just thinking that one doesn’t get to poke the bear then blame the bear for being upset. Obviously we don’t agree about who the bear is, lol.
    You're a good sport. 
    I agree.

Darth, I don't agree with you, but you're taking your lumps from us "Trudeau lovers" without resorting to whining. For that I am greatful.
    +1
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Protestors at a school in the Okanagan targeted students, yelling abuse, including one who made racist remarks to an Asian student.

Just peacefully exercising their right to freedom of speech, right?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/oliver-secondary-protesters-rcmp-mandate-1.6352997
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

bash away...

From what I've seen...  folks who appear to care about our country have not gotten more involved in politics.  They've been fed a steady diet of propaganda on the internet and are now lost.  

While I jokingly do refer to these as free-dumb convoy members...  this is why I think they're dumb:

Flying a F&^% Trudeau flag does not make you 'involved in politics' .. it means you're an attention seeking moron with zero respect.

'Demanding' a vote of no confidence months after a federal election is... well... stupid. 

Screaming at reporters "Fake News" and harassing them while they are covering the convoy is once again vulgar, attention seeking, disrespectful, moronic behaviour. Not to mention, they are only cementing my personal opinion that these are the same types of people who show up Trump rallies, just the Canadian version. 

There is zero right to grant anyone the ability to honk their horns all day and night. That one would think they can and should do this... makes them... dumb. And disrespectful. 

Comparing Trudeau to anything remotely close to a dictator is just false. I'm sorry it doesn't fit your narrative and I'm sorry it reputes your zinger tweets. It's factually incorrect. I'll be the first to say that he has been corrupt, disrespectful, and an asshole.  Go ahead, be critical of him. But do it correctly. Want to suggest he's corrupt? Point to SNC Lavalin, not the mandates. I would love nothing more than to have this opinion challenged. Those on 'the front' in Ottawa... should put their opinions to the test. Go to Moscow's Red Square, park a truck that says "FUCK PUTIN" on it and then just chill there for a bit. I double dare them. 

There is zero right to grant anyone the ability to block a roadway, except for police. 

To spend the time and money to go to these protests and blockades is... well... dumb. And I'm not saying that about all protests, just this one. Why is it dumb?  The leaders of the Liberal and NDP party made it crystal clear where they stood on the issue of the pandemic, vaccines, and mandates. They won the election. Simple as that. A minority group of people threatening and making demands for federal change after an election is the fundamental opposite of social democracy. 

If you watch that fellow I posted earlier... James Boull (?).  You're going to watch that man and not come to the conclusion that he is... wait for it, dumb as fuck?  And guess what, most of the convoy folk still there are just like him. 

These are selfish, narrow-minded, disrespectful, bored, moronic people who believe anything they're told so long as it fits their narrative. They think they represent Canada, when they do not. They think they are a majority, they are not. They think they're allowed to be doing this, they are not. They buy into fear mongering bullshit on the internet video after video, tweet after tweet, meme after meme, until they are so entrenched in their mindset that they believe they are so righteous and the world is out to get them. This is textbook cult like behaviour. 

I know the person who is front and centre in front of parliament.... she's part of the 'live from the shed' people.  They are attention seeking social media darlings.  They want attention, they want followers, they want to be seen and heard. They want to be different... they like being different. She has children which she has left with her two baby daddies to go join this convoy. She is an absolute attention seeking train wreck of a human. She is the type of person that this 'movement' is attracting. Brainless half-wits who are avoiding actual real life responsibilities. Has she been using her child tax benefit? Yes. Did she claim CERB? Yes. 

Speaking of her... she has not suffered from a single federal mandate. Not one. Not one single federal mandate has affected her life. LOTS of Provincial and Municipal mandates have. Yet there she is... at our nation's capital protesting against the federal government. That is dumb. Rant over. 

The patience of some people sometimes astounds me.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

bash away...

bang on. but all you'll get in response is a random tweet. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited February 2022
    Anti-mandate protest outside B.C. high school leads to confrontation, protester hurling insults at student

After about 15 minutes, Allen says things turned "hostile" as one adult singled out a student of South Asian descent.

In a video filmed by another student, a woman identified by RCMP as Silke Schulze of Oliver, B.C., can be seen leaning toward the student and yelling, "I have a f--ing right to be in this country, do you?

Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

bash away...

Love this post.. but what is a "live from the shed" person?  I'm not familiar with that statement. 
  • Options
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

bash away...

Love this post.. but what is a "live from the shed" person?  I'm not familiar with that statement. 
    They're a small group of (for lack of a better word) whackos who constructed a shed-like platform in front of the parliament buildings. If you've never heard of it, it's because it was never a thing before this.  They are using this convoy as a means of catapulting themselves into relevance amongst the other wackos and freedom convoy folk. They're branding themselves as a broadcasting and media production company. 

I may not agree with this in principal... but it actually has some nefarious credibility. It worked for Chris Sky, it worked for that Adamson BBQ fellow.  If I saw even 100,000 people dive so far into a movement.. .a movement that raised almost 10 million dollars, got international attention, got praise from Russell Brand, Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson, the Trumps, DeSantis, Fox News.......  why not jump on the bandwagon and exploit it?  The answer is because you're a decent person....  but we're not talking about decent people here. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    peaceful demonstrations are a cornerstone of democracy.....problem is....this ain't peaceful. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    By the way.... if you're a meltdown type person and you read what I typed and thought: "Wait a minute, you mean there are people in Ottawa doing this just for themselves, to gain their own personal notoriety and seek attention for themselves?!" I have this to say to you: NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2022

I never was terrified of it … worked at a busy greenhouse in the first 7 months, no masking, no social distancing, no bathing in hand sanitizer…

never got Covid..I’m good.  
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Anti-hate experts concerned about possible neo-fascist involvement at Alberta trucker convoy

https://globalnews.ca/news/8621125/canadian-anti-hate-network-concerned-diagolon-coutts-border-protest-diagolon/

No shit.
  • Options
    peaceful demonstrations are a cornerstone of democracy.....problem is....this ain't peaceful. 
    And legal. 

People can do a lot of things that are non-violent but still quite disruptive. I think it was Darth that mentioned equality amongst demonstrators. I think of folks who blocked railways and folks who tie themselves to trees in BC to protect old growth forests. 

Plenty of smart folks on here.. so perhaps someone either already knows or don't mind doing the leg work... but has any protest brought any change to society in Canada? 

Two years almost to the day was the pipeline protests. Like a mirror image, different causes.

Copied from Wikipedia: 

"On February 18, the House of Commons of Canada resumed after the winter break. Trudeau addressed the Commons asking Canadians for patience as the government sought a negotiated end. "On all sides, people are upset and frustrated. I get it. It's understandable because this is about things that matter—rights and livelihoods, the rule of law and our democracy." Opposition leader Andrew Scheer condemned the government's refusal to use the police to stop the illegal blockades, calling it "the weakest response to a national crisis in Canadian history. Will our country be one of the rule of the law, or will our country be one of the rule of the mob?" Trudeau held a private meeting with the other opposition parties' leaders, barring Scheer after his comments"

If the Liberals had a half a brain.. they would be taking that Andrew Scheer quote and making Bergen choke on it. (metaphorically speaking) 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    The only people defending this are ignorant people…and Canada has a lot…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZeWLbcAn0

I'm just gonna... just gonna put this here.  

If you want to... you can move to time 22:30 of this video. If you want to. 

Meltdown...  would LOVE to hear your insightful feedback on this glowing example of hypocrisy. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    He gave one 10.5 million…that we know. He’s propped up by Singh who has been denied a visa to India because of his association with terrorist…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    So yer just .. just gonna ignore that huh?  Makes sense.  lol 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    What do you think the illegal freezing of bank accounts were about… Remember Christa Freeland said they need to figure away to unlock Canadians savings… They found an illegal way to do that.   We have courts whose job is to determine guilt or innocence…not politicians with liberal arts degrees…who can barely tie their shoes…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2022
    I find it interesting that the same people around here (American and Canadian) that were supportive of people disrupting roadways and violent protests, mentioning “remember the Boston Tea Party (illegal protest, btw)” are the same ones speaking out against disruptive, illegal protests now.  I remember mentioning how allowing illegal, violent protests is setting precedent for future protests, but was still told “the only way for change is disrupting society”, but here we are.  Either you allow it for all or you don’t.  You cannot support “certain” protests to block roadways and disrupt society and not others.  Where is the Boston Tea Party remembrance now? 
    I, for one, do not support ANY political protests that involve blocking roadways and disrupting people’s lives as far as safety or getting to work, hospitals, etc, but I’m not at all surprised we’re seeing this shit now, after the way protests over the last few years were supported.  If you don’t support violent, illegal protests, then don’t support violent, illegal protests, whether you support the root cause or not. 
    Just my 2 cents…
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010