PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Curt Trump
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Friday nights baby.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Apple cider donuts....need to hook that shit up soon.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Curt Trump
    Fuck him. I’d rather Lenny
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Gelb is so on point, and it's probably the most concerning scenario of all of them regarding ownership. (Only part I don't agree with is lumping Houston in with LAD, Chicago, New York, and Boston)

If ownership continues to overrule, and evaluate above, the actual baseball people in place then you have a mess for the indefinite future. You can only hope that Middleton has the balls to spend like Dead Steinbrenner because that's the only possible option that can save them now. That's the only positive in all this - that he's (maybe) willing to spend. And apparently he listens to Angelo Fucking Cataldi. Christ. Pray we don't have Dan Snyder on our hands. I'm not happy at all.

https://theathletic.com/1288015/2019/10/11/three-phillies-leaders-a-postmortem-and-confronting-the-realities-of-a-market-that-just-wants-a-winner/
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    How about those Temple Owls making the top 25 in NCAAF?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited October 2019
    How about those Temple Owls making the top 25 in NCAAF?
    Big win yesterday. Was down at the navy yard in the morning and there was a solid tailgate before 9. Was pretty impressed. 

Also, I can be a temple fan as in the spring I will be an employee as an adjunct professor. Poor kids.

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    if my Giants get Kapler, that’s not good, right?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Word on the street is Curt Schilling wants the job. lol. 

I heard schilling is in the running for head of homeland security.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Both funny comments, Wobbie.

Nobody wants SunPower-Nuts as their manager 
    I saw The Black Keys last night at the Wells Fargo Center. Haven't been there since April when i saw Muse. When did the remodel everything? The seats are now black instead of red and the only major thing I noticed was where you go into the sections above the entrance are lighted up and the she seat numbers like 1-10 on one side and 11-20 on the other.  Not complaining or anything just kinda surprised they did that. Looks nice though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I saw The Black Keys last night at the Wells Fargo Center. Haven't been there since April when i saw Muse. When did the remodel everything? The seats are now black instead of red and the only major thing I noticed was where you go into the sections above the entrance are lighted up and the she seat numbers like 1-10 on one side and 11-20 on the other.  Not complaining or anything just kinda surprised they did that. Looks nice though.
    I'm looking forward to checking it out for a Sixers game. There is supposed to be a betting lounge or something, among other things
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

Interesting, TD Garden also replaced all the seats this summer with new black seats. They have been flooded with complaints about a loss of leg room and width, apparently seats have wider arms therefore narrower actual seats and supposedly like 4" less leg room (there's been pics of folks sitting with their knees hitting the seat back in front of them, and legs not even fully extended). They shoe horned in like 500 additional seats. Pretty big shit storm here, haven't seen it first hand yet.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    they did it mostly in the summer. had very few shows there this summer because of that.  as Juggler said there is some kind of betting lounge and also a standing room only area behind one of the goals.  
    Well I guess I’m on the Girardi bus now
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Out of Showalter, Baker, and Girardi I'll take Girardi by a mile.

Though, I'm not sure if it's the fit anymore, beyond what Middleton wants. But I'll take it.

Interesting that Sam Fuld, who's in the org, declined like three managerial interviews. I'd also be ok with this move, if not would be more in favor.
  • Well I guess I’m on the Girardi bus now
    Same here. I could live with Showalter (though I wouldn’t like it), but I’d rather fucking Dykstra (or a loon of comparable looniness) than Baker. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Same here. I could live with Showalter (though I wouldn’t like it), but I’d rather fucking Dykstra (or a loon of comparable looniness) than Baker. 
    I could see Dykstra managing this team if this were like eighty years ago or something.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

Interesting, TD Garden also replaced all the seats this summer with new black seats. They have been flooded with complaints about a loss of leg room and width, apparently seats have wider arms therefore narrower actual seats and supposedly like 4" less leg room (there's been pics of folks sitting with their knees hitting the seat back in front of them, and legs not even fully extended). They shoe horned in like 500 additional seats. Pretty big shit storm here, haven't seen it first hand yet.

The girl I went with said the same thing about lack of leg room.  It was kinda tight, but I don't know if they lost leg room here.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Welp, looks like it's down to the three. If I'm ranking them it's 1) Girardi (by a mile) 2) Baker 3) Showalter (a faaarrrr distant third).
    I said a couple pages back that the only manager more insufferable than Kapler is Maddon.  The guy is the smartest guy in every room he's ever been in...just ask him.

Also, he is incredibly overrated.  He has had some really good players right in their prime on his most successful teams.

larussa and showalter beg to differ.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

chinese-happy.jpg
    F me...your boy Jesse Ito is doing pretty big things.  Royal Sushi got 4 bells recently.  I follow on insta and the stuff he posts is beautiful.  I dig it.  It is a good spot. Doing the omakase soon.
    F me...your boy Jesse Ito is doing pretty big things.  Royal Sushi got 4 bells recently.  I follow on insta and the stuff he posts is beautiful.  I dig it.  It is a good spot. Doing the omakase soon.
    Fuck that guy.  (My wife went to Royal recently with a girlfriend and loved it.)
    I will hold this grudge for a while.  I do not wish ill on him, but I know that he was a big time poser.  Saw/heard with my own eyes/ears.
    I guess now that pops gave him the money to start his own place that he embraces it. 
    Oh well.

Interested to hear what you think.  Zama is still the champ in Philly, for me.

• Well I guess I’m on the Girardi bus now
    I could see Dykstra managing this team if this were like eighty years ago or something.
    Who would hire Dykstra?

He'd be the next person to be banned for life from baseball...
    Fuck that guy.  (My wife went to Royal recently with a girlfriend and loved it.)
    I will hold this grudge for a while.  I do not wish ill on him, but I know that he was a big time poser.  Saw/heard with my own eyes/ears.
    I guess now that pops gave him the money to start his own place that he embraces it. 
    Oh well.

Interested to hear what you think.  Zama is still the champ in Philly, for me.

Oh man. That is some deep seeded bitterness.  Have been meaning to mention this here for a while, just relaying the reviews and word on the street.  The stuff he posts on insta looks top top notch. I am looking forward to getting there.  Have been to Izakaya and loved that. 

Zama is no joke.  The wife and I had a night out in a couple weeks. Doing drinks at the Four Seasons and then Zama.  Pretty pumped.
    Spending my money on other shit this year.  1x to Zama.  (Granted it cost about what 4 normal dinners cost.)
    Used to at least every other month. 
    :angry:

Enjoy your night out!
    Spending my money on other shit this year.  1x to Zama.  (Granted it cost about what 4 normal dinners cost.)
    Used to at least every other month. 
    :angry:

Enjoy your night out!
    Yeah, four seasons and zama will be a real kick in the dick.
    For you, F me

Who would hire Dykstra?

He'd be the next person to be banned for life from baseball...
    Maybe the White Sox from a hundred years ago?
    chinese-happy.jpg