Options

RIP CHADWICK

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    rollings said:
    Harpsichord part II

chadwickchadwick
    November 2012 
    and so the harpsichords played
    sounding like butterflies and desperate hands of silk
    the fluttering so gentle
    the chaos so simple
    the sounds so delightful yet dangerous and simply out of tune rather quickly

the notes lost alongside each piece of pain
    as if insane to the wolves challenging moonlight or raindrops
    and again this is her sounding ride
    she will take all of me inside of her as if the lake ancient and drowning her and i

ages have flew
    cages have sunk beneath
    this our love locked lips
    our goals
    our glooming city of no name
    the titleless environment
    still beautiful in sound
    one's ears have a chance to escape run away
    or simply stay put
    ride the shadow of stillness
    empty your minds and explore the foundation of plenty through empty

and so when the daily newspaper print many vacancies
    the sound heard will be bach & handel
    water music on choirs
    against every altar
    with blasting rituals
    some with blood & bones
    horns & collective clovers from the nearby wood

here some tiny mushrooms gather in great numbers taking over
    as if a stump of hickory or oak
    sometimes barbwire feels like rubbing me down in laughter
    again without ability to movement & have
    i am torn to bits as pleasure fills with sound
    old and new fingers
    age and the end
    youth & the maze of life
    the ear blood the surprise
    the again the picture the free & the desperate coin begging to be spent
    the eaten bread
    soup cold and ready

sound sound harpsichord sound
    lost sound
    wilderness pain & sun filled blankets cover each stool
    present or void of serpent
    the hungry worm
    rotten apple tree & rainbow of a homeward bound trail

somehow our meeting of a sexual nature was spoiled to the core
    yet as beautiful as personalized envelopes struggle for our opening
    yours with mine inside
    sword to the wound
    blood to the brace
    uplifted hips to my lips
    cups of tea the musical taste of following love
    simple honeybees gathered next to harpsichords out in the wilds
    the fragrant pillows they spoke here
    said were our skin
    spoken were our souls
    the next daisies were up
    all the colors budding to the sounds
    each piece was at peace
    your lips my ending where i died
    your mouth that took my very life
    no safety net holding us tight
    and in this picture old men collected our senses at the foot of this insane instrument
    the mind of its own
    the wizard of sound
    the ride of carnival
    and of each one a lover to the other
    all of you and all of me between the miles compressed into a few solid inches
    warmed by a furnance of earth, stones, twigs, light & ash
    and in this unseeded garden you can only imagine the chances of glorious rides
    touch and taste
    and the feeling of sound
    Fucking a.   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I'm reposting this from the lounge on AMT, I believe its appropriate here...
    This song is from RUSH though retired is my all time favorite rock band. It goes out there to where ever he is our PJ brother CHADWICK. From his posts here and elsewhere I'm sure he's starting conversations with Pandora, rest peacefully my brother rest peacefully......

From the album: Grace Under Pressure 

AFTERIMAGE 

Suddenly, you were gone
    From all the lives you left your mark upon
    I remember
    How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
    I hear the voices
    We ran by the water on the wet summer lawn
    I see the footprints
    I remember
    I feel the way you would
    I feel the way you would
    Tried to believe but you know it's no good
    This is something that just can't be understood
    I remember
    The shouts of joy, skiing fast through the woods
    I hear the echoes
    I learned your love for life
    I feel the way that you would
    I feel your presence
    I remember
    I feel the way you would
    This just can't be understood

https://youtu.be/-EYGAMESq7Q

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

From Robert Hunter's eulogy for Jerry Garcia

(Robert Hunter being the "wordsmith" for most of the Grateful Dead's songs)

August 1995

Now that the singer is gone,
    where shall I go for the song?

Without your melody and taste
    to lend an attitude of grace
    a lyric is an orphan thing,
    a hive with neither honey's taste
    nor power to truly sting.

What choice have I but to dare and
    call your muse who thought to rest
    out of the thin blue air
    that out of the field of shared time,
    a line or two might chance to shine --

As ever when we called,
    in hope if not in words,
    the muse descends.

How should she desert us now?
    Scars of battle on her brow,
    bedraggled feathers on her wings,
    and yet she sings, she sings!

May she bear thee to thy rest,
    the ancient bower of flowers
    beyond the solitude of days,
    the tyranny of hours--
    the wreath of shining laurel lie
    upon your shaggy head
    bestowing power to play the lyre
    to legions of the dead

If some part of that music
    is heard in deepest dream,
    or on some breeze of Summer
    a snatch of golden theme,
    we'll know you live inside us
    with love that never parts
    our good old Jack O'Diamonds
    become the King of Hearts.

I feel your silent laughter
    at sentiments so bold
    that dare to step across the line
    to tell what must be told,
    so I'll just say I love you,
    which I never said before
    and let it go at that old friend
    the rest you may ignore.

Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter Grateful Dead

Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter, Grateful Dead

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Perfect.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:
    updated OP with chads obit. bottom of the post.

weirdly ironic and appropriate I guess, no words for the wordsmith.......

Was he really from Denmark (the country)?
    Iowa....

soooooo......he became a viking in denmark (pop. 423), IOWA? that’s kinda priceless.

RIP, good sir.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:
    updated OP with chads obit. bottom of the post.

weirdly ironic and appropriate I guess, no words for the wordsmith.......

Was he really from Denmark (the country)?
    Iowa....

soooooo......he became a viking in denmark (pop. 423), IOWA? that’s kinda priceless.

RIP, good sir.
    became? hardly. was a viking before his birth. remains one now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited August 2019

From left to right: Ryan, Dustin ("Dut" or as F me calls him"Dudd", and Chad
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    A unique soul who made people laugh and made people think, and if those aren't two of the most important parts of life I don't know what are. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    rollings said:

From left to right: Ryan, Dustin ("Dut" or as F me calls him"Dudd", and Chad
    Great pic!  
    Thanks for sharing.  
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,960
    Family pictures  are a wonderful thing  to have. Our  kids photograph everything so will have  lots. But when we were young  not so many .  Gold pure gold
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    @ rollings
    I am terribly sorry for your loss.
    I did not really know Chadwick and we do not know each other, but it breaks my heart because I know what you're going through right now. I find it amazing that you have the power to speak so openly here. I admire that very much!

It's just wonderful to feel all the love and how many people here like Chadwick and now miss him painfully.
    Some people influence our lives so much that we keep them in our hearts forever.
    I hope you can draw strength from this love for yourself and your children. You are also in my heart and mind at this difficult time. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Well fuck.
    Haven't been on here for 2 weeks whilst on vacation and just came back on today and found this.
    What terribly sad news. Deepest condolences to rollings and Chad's family & friends. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I'm very sad to read about Chadwick's passing. :(
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    I wanted to bump this because while life goes on for the rest of us, I’m sure rollings is still “dealing” with her loss. I have not met her but I’m told she’s awesome. Never met Chad either but I know he was a great dude. I hope those who knew Chad are making some sense of his passing. 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    You are so right Wobbie, time goes on for most of us, but the grieving continues for those closest.  Sending love and light to Chadwick’s nearest and dearest.  I hope that your days are getting better.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    For sure, good thoughts Wobbie

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Thank you Wobbie.
    Big thumbs up for sending out love to Rollings and our sorely missed Chadwick.
    :heartbreak:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yeah, he's popped into my thoughts from time to time during the past month or so.
    I hope rollings is doing okay.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    We haven't forgotten, rollings.
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Thank you so much. Your thoughts and kindness really do mean so much

. I just spent some time typing up a text to Mickey Rat in response to him asking how I was getting through this.  I don't think he would mind if I just copied it here to you all too.  Here goes:

"Hi. I'm ok.. it sucks. I've come to many realizations.like I will just have to live with some sadness in my heart from now on.  But there's beautiful things too.  Like he has sent me signs. I feel him all the time like right now. Whenever I am typing about him, he comes right in through my neck and elbows and makes me have cold elbows. He probably wants me to say hi to you from him. You may think i sound like a nut-bag, but I'm really not.  My days are very normal ... but also I feel still feel very connected to him and it's not my imagination ... I wanted to start a thread about him and just share some stuff about him..good funny stuff.  Not stories but like goofy stuff, totally Chad stuff . Pictures and what not of some his creations, collections, drawings,.  I think that would be a good idea because you Pearl jam people knew him well  (and loved) him. 

...and sometimes while going through stuff, I'll find something and be like wtf! And i want to share the funny uniqueness of it and I think you all would appreciate it and "get it" the most. "

So that's how I'm doing ... Sadness but beauty too. And I think that a Chad thread would be great and I know he would like it too

• Options
    I would love that thread and think it is a great idea that you have!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    rollings said:
    Hi everyone. Thank you so much. Your thoughts and kindness really do mean so much

. I just spent some time typing up a text to Mickey Rat in response to him asking how I was getting through this.  I don't think he would mind if I just copied it here to you all too.  Here goes:

"Hi. I'm ok.. it sucks. I've come to many realizations.like I will just have to live with some sadness in my heart from now on.  But there's beautiful things too.  Like he has sent me signs. I feel him all the time like right now. Whenever I am typing about him, he comes right in through my neck and elbows and makes me have cold elbows. He probably wants me to say hi to you from him. You may think i sound like a nut-bag, but I'm really not.  My days are very normal ... but also I feel still feel very connected to him and it's not my imagination ... I wanted to start a thread about him and just share some stuff about him..good funny stuff.  Not stories but like goofy stuff, totally Chad stuff . Pictures and what not of some his creations, collections, drawings,.  I think that would be a good idea because you Pearl jam people knew him well  (and loved) him. 

...and sometimes while going through stuff, I'll find something and be like wtf! And i want to share the funny uniqueness of it and I think you all would appreciate it and "get it" the most. "

So that's how I'm doing ... Sadness but beauty too. And I think that a Chad thread would be great and I know he would like it too

:smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    We would dig that the most!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    yep. EXACTLY what this joint needs. Continued Chadwickian insanity.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Chadwick.  Forever in our hearts and minds.

Glad that you are doing well @rollings and that Chadwick is still with you (and with us all)!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bring it, sister!
  • Options
    YES PLEASE!!  thank you Rollings for continuing and contributing anything and everything your heart soul and mind can share....peace and love to you...
  • Options
    Peace and love to you too.

And thank you Wobbie
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    rollings said:

I totally believe that, Rollings, that's so cool.  I've experienced something quite similar- especially with both my parents- and it's a beautiful thing.  Very cool. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    *deepest breaths*
    Chadwick.... I had no idea... sometimes things just slip through the cracks.... I was oblivious until minutes ago about your passing. My heart sheds salty tears.

I feel like writing a poem for you as you and I shared some pretty whacky thoughts over the years on here.

6 months plus days
    Where the fuck is this haze?
    It's dark and smoky please go aways
    Fuck shit fuck shit, pain please stop
    Ass balls glass throws, break me on top
    My mountain of anger
    my stream of sugar not sweet
    The salty ....
    The malty....
    Oh fuck it the down right faulty
    I am so sorry
    I did not now
    I do not pay attention.
    Give it time please
    Throw away the judge
    I have the keys
    There's no fucking grudge.

You were my friend for some time
    And we passed our words by from time to time
    Picked right up where we left off?
    I guess not
    It's ok, you're in my thoughts. 

I also didn't know about the love you shared with Chadwick @rollings.  My hands tremble at the keys. I am crying. 
    Love you all
    Rogan
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!