Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    pjl44 said:
    Vinyl = Spending $25 for something you already have.  
    LOL. that's why I only buy vinyl if it's not otherwise available in another format. I'll never understand the gluttonous consumerism of getting music in multiple formats. 
    At this point, vinyl is my only physical medium. If I'm listening to something, it's either that or streaming. I can count on one hand the number of CDs I've bought in the last decade and sold back most of my old ones. (Not saying I'm thrilled with the latter decision, but it is what it is.) I suspect a lot of people are in this camp nowadays, especially those buying vinyl.
    Agreed.  Pearl Jam is the only band whose CD's I still buy.  Besides them, I couldn't tell you the last CD I bought nor when I bought it.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:
    LOL. that's why I only buy vinyl if it's not otherwise available in another format. I'll never understand the gluttonous consumerism of getting music in multiple formats. 
    At this point, vinyl is my only physical medium. If I'm listening to something, it's either that or streaming. I can count on one hand the number of CDs I've bought in the last decade and sold back most of my old ones. (Not saying I'm thrilled with the latter decision, but it is what it is.) I suspect a lot of people are in this camp nowadays, especially those buying vinyl.
    that's awesome. what I'm talking about is people who buy music on cd AND vinyl. I don't get that. But maybe i would if I had money to burn. 
    This is a total guess but I'll bet most people who buy both are only doing it for certain bands or maybe individual releases. Otherwise, yeah, that's a ton of money and also storage.
    pjl44 said:
    Agreed.  Pearl Jam is the only band whose CD's I still buy.  Besides them, I couldn't tell you the last CD I bought nor when I bought it.
    Yeah, I hung on to all my Pearl Jam. Come to think of it, I don't know that I bought Backspacer or LB on CD. You may have just set off my collector button when I check that later.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I used to buy only CD but now I am impatient and just download to my phone on iTunes.  I am never at home to listen to music.   
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    I still prefer to buy CD’s for new releases from my favorite artists.  The price is usually only a couple bucks more than downloading it off iTunes and I rip it at HD quality for listening in the car off my 80 gig iPod Classic.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited October 2019
    pjl44 said:
    You’re always going to have some artist or label that does /800.   I agree that id rather go to ebay if my city required me to get there more than four hours early. 

Obviously PJ will have enough.  12,000 is enormous.     
    MayDay’s question is still valid tho.  3,000 of Les Claypool means most stores will get a handful.  Depends on how many fans are out there in his city.  Id line up but not incredibly early.  EBay shouldnt even be bad. 
    I hope you're right, but The Crow was 8,000. Good luck getting your hands on one for under $125. I'll admit that I have no idea how to size up demand with all of these, though.
    Still looking for the crow?  Here you go, limited to 500:

https://www.fye.com/st-crow---crow-excl-vinyl-1119-fye.000000888072119697.html?cgid=music#prefn1=isExclusive&srule=Newest&sz=12&start=14&prefv1=FYE+Exclusive

:) 

edit- it’s opaque white with black streaks limited color variant fyi from fye.  Hee hee.  See what I did there? 
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Yeah, I hung on to all my Pearl Jam. Come to think of it, I don't know that I bought Backspacer or LB on CD. You may have just set off my collector button when I check that later.
    About a year or so ago I realized I'd never picked up a copy of Rearviewmirror on CD.  Ordered a used copy from Bullmoose that night lol.
  • Yes, another vinyl to snag! Hopefully there is a 10c version and I can jump on here and troll the shit out of a bunch of you lunatics like I did for the Easy Street 10c...something along the lines of “I have dozens of extremely rare framed posters on my wall!”...a bunch of you ate it up, I couldn’t even type fast enough to keep up with the responses. Hahaha! :p
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
    pjl44 said:
    You’re always going to have some artist or label that does /800.   I agree that id rather go to ebay if my city required me to get there more than four hours early. 

MayDay’s question is still valid tho.  3,000 of Les Claypool means most stores will get a handful.  Depends on how many fans are out there in his city.  Id line up but not incredibly early.  EBay shouldnt even be bad. 
    I hope you're right, but The Crow was 8,000. Good luck getting your hands on one for under $125. I'll admit that I have no idea how to size up demand with all of these, though.

https://www.fye.com/st-crow---crow-excl-vinyl-1119-fye.000000888072119697.html?cgid=music#prefn1=isExclusive&srule=Newest&sz=12&start=14&prefv1=FYE+Exclusive

edit- it’s opaque white with black streaks limited color variant fyi from fye.  Hee hee.  See what I did there? 
    Thanks! The page is a little sketchy but it does say OST and not Score so I'm going for it. 
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    edited October 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Thanks! The page is a little sketchy but it does say OST and not Score so I'm going for it. 
    Before you buy you might want to check out Barnes and noble they have this one with the same cover but it’s not the soundtrack to the original Brandon Lee movie
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    edited October 2019
    KW6232 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Before you buy you might want to check out Barnes and noble they have this one with the same cover but it’s not the soundtrack to the original Brandon Lee movie

Maybe an error on fye's page as the same cover was used for the score release. Weird if they used the same cover artwork for the soundtrack too.

Original score to the cult film The Crow reissued on vinyl! Originally released in 1994, The Crow OST perfectly fits the dark, gothic world based on James O'Barr's comic of the same name thanks to tense arrangements by composer Graeme Revell. Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee's son) was cast to play the starring role of resurrected rock musician Eric Draven, but in an unfortunate turn of events, was accidently killed on set by a defective blank. Despite this tragedy, the film still developed a huge cult following for its unique visual style and as Lee's final role. This 2015 repress contains the original 14 tracks with new cover and printed inner sleeve featuring the original cover art.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I hope 10 Club lets us know BEFORE RSD if there are going to offer a colored vinyl 10 Club Exclusive version of Unplugged.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    For some reason I just don’t give a shit about the edits on this one. We have a million versions of RITFW and honestly this one wasn’t one of their best. Sure it would be cooler if it was on there but it’s not like some of the others where multiple songs were omitted that sounded awesome. And I really don’t give a shit about the Beth line edit on Oceans. It doesn’t bother me one bit. Excited for this release!  That version of black on vinyl...fuck yes. 
    (this is a global response, not that you are in an uproar)

Not sure why there is uproar still about any omissions, it has been made clear on each of the Vault releases and the stuff like Orpheum why songs were dropped.   An argument could be made for having made the Orpheum a triple LP and including the digital download files, but it is also quite possible that each of those songs did not exist complete in multi-track.    The pre-2000 shows have basically been confirmed to have gaps due to tape constraints, randomness etc.  
    This has nothing to do with this specific release, though.
    You know for certain that Pearl Jam has a complete multi track audio recording of the show?  Don't say a complete video exists, we all know a complete video leaked, that does not mean that the audio recording they want for a release is up to snuff or complete.  Shit happens.  
    Oh, come on now. I don't know about PJ, but this was MTV Unplugged. Do you have any idea how big of a thing it was back in the day? This wasn't even recorded by Brett Eliason or whoever was in charge at the time, MTV itself recorded the performance. I'm going to go wild (lol) and assume that a complete amazing recording of that performance exists, without a doubt, in the MTV vaults at least. You seriously think they omitted RITFW for "technical difficulties"?
    (Not to mention the complete SBD, including the soundcheck, we already have. Not a multitrack, yeah, but that source straight from the master and ideally mastered would sound great on vinyl, I'm sure.
    MTV Uplugged had not reached its peak of mania by any stretch when Pearl Jam played, Clapton's performance and August 1992 album release was what launched the show into the stratosphere for a couple of years.  So yeah, I have every idea what happened.   If they used the leaked digital feed to make the vinyl, then people would complain about that too.  That source just pressed on vinyl would not make a great source, that is not how good records are made. 

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    maybe they'll release unplugged RITFW as one of the xmas singles. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I swear, if they release another version of RITFW on anything but a bootleg, I'm gonna lose it (not really, but c'mon). They can do soooo much better.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tbergs said:
    I swear, if they release another version of RITFW on anything but a bootleg, I'm gonna lose it (not really, but c'mon). They can do soooo much better.
    @The Juggler
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    pjl44 said:
    I'm in the same boat.   The only band I'll still buy cd's for is PJ, but it's been a while since lightning bolt, and everything since has been digital or vinyl.  

Vinyl if I want to play physical media at home, and my FLAC collection for home, truck, and on my phone.   Buy the album on vinyl, then acquire it in FLAC :)
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    tbergs said:
    True. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • raindog80 said:
    tbergs said:
    True. 
    I love Neil and Pearl Jam, but I really don't like RITFW.  Clearly the band does since they play it at almost every show, but there are so many great Neil songs they could cover.  I'm not sure I've heard the unplugged version though.  
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    raindog80 said:
    tbergs said:
    True. 
    I love Neil and Pearl Jam, but I really don't like RITFW.  Clearly the band does since they play it at almost every show, but there are so many great Neil songs they could cover.  I'm not sure I've heard the unplugged version though.  
    I love RITFW but it' enough. We can fuckin' up. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
    maybe they'll announce a small run of acoustic dates to celebrate the release. that would be INSANE. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

raindog80 said:
    raindog80 said:
    tbergs said:
    True. 
    I love RITFW but it' enough. We can fuckin' up. 
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2005/mts-centre-winnipeg-mb-canada-7bd62664.html
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

KW6232 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Yesterday there was no image and it was listed as Soundtrack. Today they added that image and changed it to Score. I sent them an email to cancel.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    pjl44 said:
    KW6232 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Yesterday there was no image and it was listed as Soundtrack. Today they added that image and changed it to Score. I sent them an email to cancel.

I'm with you... when I saw that image I nearly pounced, but I would only want the soundtrack myself, couldn't care less about the score.
  • Pass. I have it on boot cd, the quality is fine, and there's no editing of vocals. I sold my ten box set, but didn't notice the video edit. Of course, I watched it a full 1 & 1/2x.  Anyways, that's almost as upsetting as the Who You Are b.s. on subsequent no code stuff.  LaaaaaaaaaaaaamE

Also, live vinyl is not better audio like a studio record is
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    pjl44 said:
    KW6232 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Ahhh shit guys- sorry about that!  Looks like I’m sending an email and cancelling now too!  Apologies!!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Any guesses what colour will be it's variant?

Pass. I have it on boot cd, the quality is fine, and there's no editing of vocals. I sold my ten box set, but didn't notice the video edit. Of course, I watched it a full 1 & 1/2x.  Anyways, that's almost as upsetting as the Who You Are b.s. on subsequent no code stuff.  LaaaaaaaaaaaaamE

what Who You Are bs?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Pass. I have it on boot cd, the quality is fine, and there's no editing of vocals. I sold my ten box set, but didn't notice the video edit. Of course, I watched it a full 1 & 1/2x.  Anyways, that's almost as upsetting as the Who You Are b.s. on subsequent no code stuff.  LaaaaaaaaaaaaamE

what Who You Are bs?
    Changed the lyric. Clapping hands to avalanche or something
    I miss igotid88
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    demetrios said:
    Any guesses what colour will be it's variant?

I hope the only colour is black. Looks perfect!