Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Loujoe said:
    Saw that tour^^^it was a sweet surprise when les came out and said 'I hope you guys like pink floyd' then nailed animals! Partly in pigface...

bring your kids and get one. 
    oh man, jealous.  That would have been epic.

My kids, 4 and 6, probably wouldnt tolerate waiting hours on the streets of freezing cold Buffalo.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,748
    Yeah. You'll get one. Just wait a little while and dont pay the flippers. Its rsd first so will be released again.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    Loujoe said:
    Yeah. You'll get one. Just wait a little while and dont pay the flippers. Its rsd first so will be released again.
    It's not an RSD first, it's an RSD exclusive.

That being said there's 13000 copies.  It shouldn't be that hard buying a leftover from somewhere.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:

That being said there's 13000 copies.  It shouldn't be that hard buying a leftover from somewhere.
    Plus 10club will probably have copies up for sale along with a variant edition. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:

I thought I saw 3,000

and yes, the exclusive designation is what freaks me out

Just looked it up and i think it says "first" now.  I swear it changed
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:

Plus 10club will probably have copies up for sale along with a variant edition. 
    Sorry.  I derailed the thread back into my anxiety over colonel les claypool's fearless flying frog brigade
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I'm still having a hard time accepting that there will be 13,000 of these. 
    Not very typical of RSD releases. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options

The part I'm wondering about is that in other years, the pressing size usually only indicated the North American pressing.  We'd think there was 4 to 7 thousand of a record, but it didn't include the Euro pressing.   Maybe the 13,000 represents the combined total?
  • Options
    Zod said:

The part I'm wondering about is that in other years, the pressing size usually only indicated the North American pressing.  We'd think there was 4 to 7 thousand of a record, but it didn't include the Euro pressing.   Maybe the 13,000 represents the combined total?
    I think so. As the RSD Easy Street Records release was 6000 USA & 3000 international. 
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    13,000 does seem unheard of for RSD.

I still feel we were ripped off for the Easy St record. Its a lot cheaper now than it was on RSD.

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693

Sorry.  I derailed the thread back into my anxiety over colonel les claypool's fearless flying frog brigade
    I absolutely must get this 3 record green vinyl set. Pink Floyd Animals Tour at MSG was my first concert on 7/4/77.     =)
  • Options
    Will I be able to get one in my local store?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Is your local store participating in RSD? 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Is your local store participating in RSD? 
    Yes. But didn't help with the Easy Street vinyl. Zero in Sweden.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    So as RSD approaches with this Unplugged release; Can Ten Club PLEASE let us know if they plan on releasing a colored vinyl Ten Club Version. I would prefer not to learn about this AFTER purchasing the Black Vinyl version.  

Thanks,  Andrew
  • Options
    Drdeal said:
    So as RSD approaches with this Unplugged release; Can Ten Club PLEASE let us know if they plan on releasing a colored vinyl Ten Club Version. I would prefer not to learn about this AFTER purchasing the Black Vinyl version.  

Thanks,  Andrew
    I'm guessing not?  It's listed as an exclusive, which means it's supposed to only be released as an RSD vinyl (otherwise it would be listed as RSD first, where it can come out on RSD first, but can be re-released later).    On the flip side I have no idea if there's any obligation to uphold that.  Seems less enforceable than a Motley Crue don't tour contract.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    I’m curious as well about a colored/ 10c version of unplugged, I’m kinda thinking there won’t be one but I’m not confident in that. What are people’s assumptions?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    demetrios said:

pj's font is crazy small on that poster. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,285
    demetrios said:

pj's font is crazy small on that poster. 
    That's what I was going to say
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i've reversed course on this. I think I might dig this on vinyl. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    My body is ready!

• Options
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but is this the only variant there is going to be? Or is 10C going to be putting up their own variant at some point? Thanks in advance! 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but is this the only variant there is going to be? Or is 10C going to be putting up their own variant at some point? Thanks in advance! 
    No word on a 10C version as of yet
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,285
    Nor 100% certain because never say never. But this is an RSD exclusive. Not an RSD first like Easy Street was
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I doubt 10c releases anything about a club version before RSD, the whole point of RSD is to drive people to their local record stores. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021