Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited October 2019
    demetrios said:
    Any guesses what colour will be it's variant?

Going sepia for the redux (and this) was the biggest visual mistake since focusing an album and associated merch on an avocado.
    I like sepia, and also avocado is one of my favourite album art by the band.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    demetrios said:

Going sepia for the redux (and this) was the biggest visual mistake since focusing an album and associated merch on an avocado.
    I like sepia, and also avocado is one of my favourite album art by the band. that and Vitalogy. very iconic and simplistic. 
    Avocado’s artwork is cool. I like that it is kind of simple but complex at the same time.  There’s the simple image and then the thought behind it. And I like the color scheme.  Cool stuff. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I like sepia, and also avocado is one of my favourite album art by the band. that and Vitalogy. very iconic and simplistic. 
    Avocado’s artwork is cool. I like that it is kind of simple but complex at the same time.  There’s the simple image and then the thought behind it. And I like the color scheme.  Cool stuff. 
    I'd actually love to have a shirt in that colour scheme with just an avocado on the breast. maybe a breast pocket, with the full avocado on the outside, a hallowed out one on the inside. maybe a small PJ on the sleeve, or nothing at all that says PJ. if it does, something very subtle. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    pjl44 said:
    You’re always going to have some artist or label that does /800.   I agree that id rather go to ebay if my city required me to get there more than four hours early. 

Obviously PJ will have enough.  12,000 is enormous.     
    MayDay’s question is still valid tho.  3,000 of Les Claypool means most stores will get a handful.  Depends on how many fans are out there in his city.  Id line up but not incredibly early.  EBay shouldnt even be bad. 
    I hope you're right, but The Crow was 8,000. Good luck getting your hands on one for under $125. I'll admit that I have no idea how to size up demand with all of these, though.
    Actually found a copy of the crow soundtrack at a record store in Cork, Ireland this last July on vacation for $50 Euro, they had 2 copies.
  • Options
    I have a Crow soundtrack for sale if anyone is looking.

The cover is damaged from shipping, but the records are fine.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    edited October 2019
    pjl44 said:
    You’re always going to have some artist or label that does /800.   I agree that id rather go to ebay if my city required me to get there more than four hours early. 

MayDay’s question is still valid tho.  3,000 of Les Claypool means most stores will get a handful.  Depends on how many fans are out there in his city.  Id line up but not incredibly early.  EBay shouldnt even be bad. 
    I hope you're right, but The Crow was 8,000. Good luck getting your hands on one for under $125. I'll admit that I have no idea how to size up demand with all of these, though.
    Actually found a copy of the crow soundtrack at a record store in Cork, Ireland this last July on vacation for $50 Euro, they had 2 copies.
    Nice score. If I find one online @pjl44 will let you know.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    demetrios said:
    pjl44 said:

Please and thanks! I've been scouring off and on with no luck.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    demetrios said:
    pjl44 said:

No problemo! UPC 603497854387 . This is what we need to keep checking out online.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    demetrios said:
    pjl44 said:
    demetrios said:
    pjl44 said:

No problemo! UPC 603497854387 . This is what we need to keep checking out online.
    That's good info. Never thought to search that way.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam - MTV Unplugged (LP - 180 Gram Vinyl) https://www.fatbeats.com/products/pearl-jam-mtv-unplugged-lp-180-gram-vinyl

• Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 189
    I wouldn't put my trust in getting an actual copy through any of those pre-order links since they will really only put remaining stock the evening of or day after Black Friday RSD.
  • Options
    jdasilvaf said:
    I wouldn't put my trust in getting an actual copy through any of those pre-order links since they will really only put remaining stock the evening of or day after Black Friday RSD.
    And how about all those eBay listings? Few listings I've seen have already been purchased.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    And how about all those eBay listings? Few listings I've seen have already been purchased.
    It's all a bit sketchy in my opinion.  While I don't know of any record store days being "banned" or know how the process actually works, I've heard that stores aren't supposed to do pre-orders or hold items and that they can get cut off from future Record Store Day releases if they break policies.  

I know I've run around town on RSD many times and got home and found what I want online, but that's on the actual day.  Some stores do it, some don't, probably based on their traffic and supply.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    demetrios said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    It's all a bit sketchy in my opinion.  While I don't know of any record store days being "banned" or know how the process actually works, I've heard that stores aren't supposed to do pre-orders or hold items and that they can get cut off from future Record Store Day releases if they break policies.  

I know I've run around town on RSD many times and got home and found what I want online, but that's on the actual day.  Some stores do it, some don't, probably based on their traffic and supply.
    There are many record stores who save a few RSD titles on the side so the day after they could put them up on their eBay & Discogs pages, flipping them 2x's plus the retail value which blows my mind that RSD continue to ship RSD titles to them.

• Options
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Very hyped for this! 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    Very hyped for this! 
    Oh me too. Will be @ Taz Records early in the morning to pick up my copy. :)
  • Options
    Win an MTV Unplugged LP https://pearljam.com/ten-club/contest 
    (Please Note: This is a RSD Exclusive Release)

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Just found out my wife is working black Friday and my kids are too young to leave home alone  :(

I would be forever indebted to someone if they could nab a Colonel Claypools Fearless Flying Frog Brigade Live Frogs for me!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Saw that tour^^^it was a sweet surprise when les came out and said 'I hope you guys like pink floyd' then nailed animals! Partly in pigface...

bring your kids and get one.