The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Hi! said:
    One night debate in Oct. 
    Can we just get a royal rumble or something to get it down to 4-5 candidates?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mcgruff10 said:
    Someone should send him some CSNY. 

I like Reason.  Don't always agree with them,  but a good site. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:
    Completely, glad he is not holding any office in TX....and this stupidity solidifies that he never will anywhere.  
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mcgruff10 said:
    Affected more than Idiotic but, in my opinion, very nice try. 

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mcgruff10 said:
    ummmmm idiot is to mild of an adjective. I think dumbfuck fits better....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited September 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgA0fjztqaQ

Edit: There is no rhyme or reason to which youtube videos will post in these threads and which ones won't. And don't get me started on the quoting feature. This board gets worse by the day.

It's the SNL sketch of the Democratic candidates from last night by the way. With Woody Harrelson as Biden, Larry David as Bernie, and Mya Rudolph as Kamala. Pretty funny. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    ^ SNL Biden:  "I'm like plastic straws.  I've been around for forever, I've always worked, but now you're mad at me?"
  • Jason P said:
    ^ SNL Biden:  "I'm like plastic straws.  I've been around for forever, I've always worked, but now you're mad at me?"
    I laughed so hard at that. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Talk about an over reaction by the gun nutters.  He is talking assault rifles and semi auto...which no citizen should be allowed to own.    
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
    edited September 2019
    Talk about an over reaction by the gun nutters.  He is talking assault rifles and semi auto...which no citizen should be allowed to own.    
    Yes. And either, people know this and are disingenuously hyperbolic by choice (which is eyerollingly ignorant) or it's total crazy town in here.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Regardless, mass confiscation is not an appropriate approach to the situation.  And that rhetoric will do nothing but harm future gun control efforts.  If you support mass confiscation, how exactly do you think that will methodically work?   
    umm the murder of 4 students at Kent State by National Guardsmen(agents of the government) is lost on you when he made the statement that only the government should have these weapons while AT Kent State?

Fucking clueless. That choice of venue to make such an arguement. valid as it may be to a point, precludes him from the job he is seeking.

I'll give him this though, he got attention as a failing candidate.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mickeyrat said:
    umm the murder of 4 students at Kent State by National Guardsmen(agents of the government) is lost on you when he made the statement that only the government should have these weapons while AT Kent State?

This isn't why many are upset with Beto's comments, but it is a fair criticism. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJPOWER said:
    Regardless, mass confiscation is not an appropriate approach to the situation.  And that rhetoric will do nothing but harm future gun control efforts.  If you support mass confiscation, how exactly do you think that will methodically work?   
    Ok, serious question here.  

Why is it terrible to be talking about confiscating certain guns as  a starting point for gun control, but saying everyone should have whatever gun and ammo they want and try to take my guns from me...that's an ok gun control starting point?

In a negotiation, I'm pretty sure you don;t start with All or none.  And you also don;t give away too much of your position right from the start when the other person is starting from an All or None position.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited September 2019
    mickeyrat said:

Fucking clueless. That choice of venue to make such an arguement. valid as it may be to a point, precludes him from the job he is seeking.

agreed. this level of tone-deafness is astonishing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    PJPOWER said:
    I find it hard to believe you will ever change your opinion on this one. The right has constructed a ‘slippery slope’ mentality where you feel the left asks for a little and will take a lot, and if you come in with that incorrect preconceived notion, every control measure has the potential to lead to (and the goal of) ‘taking something more’ as new precedents are created, and will be perceived by you as a step towards what you feel is a DNC plan to rid you of a Constitutional right. You’re wrong, by the way, but right or wrong don’t matter if you your respect for your own opinion outweigh the logic (or lack thereof) of your conclusion.   
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited September 2019
    mickeyrat said:

agreed. this level of tone-deafness is astonishing. 
    That might be true.

But is not the reason why people shit on him in here about it. 

(it's because of their own shitty views on the actual subject matter)
    edited September 2019
    JimmyV said:
    mickeyrat said:

Beto is free to say whatever he likes. Does ANYONE actually believe confiscation is possible?

first , for me, is the insensitivity of presenting a go nowhere idea, at the campus that had this experience.  A distant second is his idea. Were that attempt to be made, just how does this get accomplished, assuming gop goes along with it? How does it happen without major bloodshed?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

edited September 2019
    mickeyrat said:

How does it happen with(out (im presuming?)) major bloodshed?
    Why would there be "major bloodshed"? 

Sounds to me like if it would cause major bloodshed -- wouldn't that be reason enough in and of itself to remove these rights?

And there wasn't any in Australia to my knowledge?

(please delete this post if its in the risk of losing posting privileges)
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Hi! said:
    One night debate in Oct. 

12 have qualified. So with 1 night it will be an even more crowded stage than all of the other debates.

Let's face it, even with this latest scandal trump is getting reelected.  Even a funny SNL skit with extra star power brought in cant teach the democrats reason.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mickeyrat said:
    JimmyV said:
    mickeyrat said:

Beto is free to say whatever he likes. Does ANYONE actually believe confiscation is possible?

first , for me, is the insensitivity of presenting a go nowhere idea, at the campus that had this experience.  A distant second is his idea. Were that attempt to be made, just how does this get accomplished, assuming gop goes along with it? How does it happen without major bloodshed?

Same way they check for drunk drivers.
    mickeyrat said:

Sounds to me like if it would cause major bloodshed -- wouldn't that be reason enough in and of itself to remove these rights?

how compliant do you think gun owners would be in the US? hmm? voluntary buyback does jack shit here. Government wants them, they gotta take them. otherwise the whole exercise is bullshit talking point.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

how compliant do you think gun owners would be in the US? hmm? voluntary buyback does jack shit here. Government wants them, they gotta take them. otherwise the whole exercise is bullshit talking point.
    We just went from 15 to 10 round mags in new jersey and literally not one person turned a 15 round mag in lol.  We are talking magazines here, not rifles.  No way people voluntary turn in their rifles.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

A bullshit talking point that gets some people really riled up...if it's just a talking point why care?

I'm really tired of the if it's not perfect then do nothing crowd.  That's stupid for everything.  Why does it have to be perfect?  Do something...start...lack of any action is pathetic weakness on the part of the NRA and those politicians they have in their pockets.  

If you bought a fixer upper house, do you not start fixing it up cause you can only fix the fucking kitchen first? Please.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

First off, are the rifles registered to people in the US? As in, is there a database where one can see who owns the specific rifles?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

We just went from 15 to 10 round mags in new jersey and literally not one person turned a 15 round mag in lol.  We are talking magazines here, not rifles.  No way people voluntary turn in their rifles.  
    !!! SO LETS DO NOTHING !!!
This discussion has been closed.