2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    MayDay10 said:
    yes, now that everyone has explained it, I feel like a dope! LOL

kinda stupid how we humans (MYSELF INCLUDED) automatically get all bent out of shape and buy things we might normally not just because it says "limited" on it. 
    It does seem like they talk out of both sides of their mouth though.... the artists too.  Hate flippers, no resale, etc.... but then create and foster an atmosphere where that stuff thrives, and also get caught saying something like Bierman did. 

I don't hate it so much, as I have always been able to get posters to shows I have been to without paying a premium price.  I also own some prints that appreciate in value well north of $1000, and I would be lying if I said there isnt a degree of greed/pride aspect to that.

I would love the ease of a poster pre-order with 10c tickets though.  I hate dealing with that the day of the show or obsessing about pssssts, or fighting bots at AP sales.   
    my biggest thing was, when i used to buy posters, was having to hold it the entire show. poster tube or not, that annoyed me. takes away from the experience of the show. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    edited September 2019
    JM144705 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Potentially cutting off 60% of your domestic touring route to get out an incremental 50 voters in a half dozen states is definitely an idea hatched by someone with zero skin in the game
    Thought that myself. 👍

But that's not the suggestion.

And the truth is it took 77,000 votes to flip 3 states to give us Trump. Are yall saying Pearl Jam doesn't have 77,000 fans?

They could do their normal new album tour

Promise a few ADDITIONAL shows for the 2nd leg to include a state that flips. They could limit the offer to 4 shows and have tiebreakers like longest a state voted R or % of the vote flip.

For states that lose the tiebreakers they could offer exclusive access to GA first to another show. All contingent on Trump losing 

Rock the vote didnt work. Ed told me on 8.23.2000 to vote Nader. I did and Nader is a significant reason Bush won. Thanks Ed ;)

Considering the likely places to flip are PA MI FL WI, These are all regular type tour stops. But Iowa would be cool.

PJ FLIP THE VOTE 2020
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    ^ They could even get creative with a similar minded artist to include in these shows as an opener.

And get really technical by considering the demographics of that artist's fanbase. Like an artist popular in Trump country that share fans in his typical voter base.
    They played a one off show in MT which is 500 miles from any major market for one Senate seat. And they needed to dedicate many days off from their "routing" to make it happen. Yes for Jeff's friend but what exactly did that one Senate seat do for what they believe is important to their country?

MT worked last year and so can Flip Trump Out 2020, with minimal alteration to a normal leg of a tour routing. Looking at you FL PA MI WI (if Trump loses)
  • If they are doing another VFC-style tour, I will gladly go, but Ed will not be able to sway my political opinions one way or another. I'm in it for the music, and I'm sure that there are other adults like me that have minds of their own. On the flip-side, there are others that will do anything that Ed says. Just trying to point out both sides is all, not start anything.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The mood and atmosphere of this country is quite different now than it was in 2004. I would worry any VFC tour would become an easy target. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    The mood and atmosphere of this country is quite different now than it was in 2004. I would worry any VFC tour would become an easy target. 
    it could potentially be nassau every night of the tour. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JimmyV said:
    Nassau plus counter-protests and open carry laws. 

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    JimmyV said:
    By the end of Know Your Rights the hair on my arms was standing up and i was getting hit in the back with change. I walked out of there full on adrenaline rush. It was INSANITY, but man....did Ed sound fucking good.
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Nassau plus counter-protests and open carry laws. 
    ed might end up playing all songs to the back of the arena, not just last kiss., 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    RS65573 said:
    JimmyV said:
    By the end of Know Your Rights the hair on my arms was standing up and i was getting hit in the back with change. I walked out of there full on adrenaline rush. It was INSANITY, but man....did Ed sound fucking good.
    I question whether he has that political rage anymore.  I know he cares, but it's more somber.  We all know the Ricketts family conflicts.  As of next year, the Cubs new broadcast network will be owned by Sinclair Broadcasting, a right wing propaganda network.  As a lifelong Cubs fan, it pains me to say this. but that network will never get a penny from me.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    JimmyV said:
    This is a totally healthy thought to birth into the world 
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Right. I birthed the thought into this world. 

Jesus Christ. 

JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 
    Just having a normal one and wondering aloud about a massacre at a Pearl Jam concert to stoke angst against perceived political enemies 
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 
    Just having a normal one and wondering aloud about a massacre at a Pearl Jam concert to stoke angst against perceived political enemies 
    Yep. That's what I did. Spot on. 

Not sure what is going on with you these days but I hope you work it out.

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 

Wow, Not sure how that went right to a massacre. I just took it as the VFC shows these days would lead to some nasty articles on Fox News and other far right web pages. Mayer even some light protesting 

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 

Wow, Not sure how that went right to a massacre. I just took it as the VFC shows these days would lead to some nasty articles on Fox News and other far right web pages. Mayer even some light protesting 

Everything was fine until I birthed this terrible thought into the world.

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I think anyone who has been paying attention in the United States lately probably birthed the thought on their own.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    JimmyV, Thought Birther, at your service. 

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I think anyone who has been paying attention in the United States lately probably birthed the thought on their own.
    I had this thought last year before the Wrigley shows.  The Missoula poster was posted days before.  It's the state of our country.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 

"Easy target" + "open carry." What point were you trying to make?
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 

That violence at these shows might be a very real concern. Particularly by this time next year. But claiming that I birthed this thought that no one else could possibly have ever had in 2019 America is either delusional or dishonest. Take your pick.  

JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 

That violence at these shows might be a very real concern. Particularly by this time next year. But claiming that I birthed this thought that no one else could possibly have ever had in 2019 America is either delusional or dishonest. Take your pick.  
    Exactly. So again I say...

pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 

Exactly. So again I say...

And so again I say...you are either delusional or dishonest. Take your pick.

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    My wife has been voicing her concern anytime she/me/we go somewhere with a huge crowd since the early 2000's.  I blame you, JimmyV
    My wife has been voicing her concern anytime she/me/we go somewhere with a huge crowd since the early 2000's.  I blame you, JimmyV
    I birthed the thought! I am truly sorry. 

JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 

I also took "easy target" in a figurative way. jesus. wtf?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Jesus Christ. 

I also took "easy target" in a figurative way. jesus. wtf?
    Nope, he meant it literally!
    edited September 2019
    I believe in being aware. I also live in a country where we've seen unprecedented mass violence in recent years. Schools are shot up, so too was a concert in Las Vegas. How many of us would feel comfortable in a VFC show across from an open-carry protest we had to pass on our way in?

I certainly would not.  
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    This thread has derailed. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.