Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,916
    IZI said:
    Tauron Arena Kraków about two hours after Roger Waters show ...4-5 hours is absolutely enough to clear very large  production 
    It looks like you are lobbying for Krakow !
    After the fun we had in 2018 I am as well!
  • Options
    IZIIZI Kraków Posts: 101

After one of the best PJ show ???Of course yes  I'm lobbing =) And those who skipped Kraków 2018 would have another chance ...  =)
    But seems in this moment that isn't possible 2020  :| but ...
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    EV 2019 Amsterdam 1+2, Florence, Barolo, Berlin, Dusseldorf 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    Return to Krakow would be a dream come true. I definitely want to go back to the city some day, seeing PJ or not.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,581
    IZI said:

After one of the best PJ show ???Of course yes  I'm lobbing =) And those who skipped Kraków 2018 would have another chance ...  =)
    What you know??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    23scidoo said:
    IZI said:

What you know??
    ... it seems that the Polish date will be another city, not Krakow
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Why just one night in Italy? I mean That's strange.. One day and it's a festival for fuck sake 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,707
    Why just one night in Italy? I mean That's strange.. One day and it's a festival for fuck sake 
    Why No dates in most other countries again? You should count yourself luck to be included again and again.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Only one date but people are saying the Italy festival is not a normal festival and will be more like a regular outdoor PJ show. Same for the UK. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Only one date but people are saying the Italy festival is not a normal festival and will be more like a regular outdoor PJ show. Same for the UK. 
    Yeah maybe you're right pal, I'm just concerned about the access to the pit.. There will be no 10c tickets 
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Why No dates in most other countries again? You should count yourself luck to be included again and again.
    I get your point. That's right, we're so lucky in Italy. But sounds strange that pj came for 3times last year without new music.. And now what? The next record is coming and they're going to headline just a festival.. Dunno it's just unusual. But you're right. We've been so lucky
  • Options
    It’s not a festival. It’s their own show at the imola racetrack holding 100k people. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    It’s not a festival. It’s their own show at the imola racetrack holding 100k people. 
    So there are no other bands playing?
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    PJNB said:
    Time will tell. Hope Reignwolf and Jack White will play at the same PJ show.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,954
    100k?!  That is insane.  Would that be their biggest concert ever?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    So a festival....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Eddie Vedder did 50K plus solo so it would be interesting to see what they can pull off. Did they sell out Rome and Trieste? 
  • Options
    stawamusstawamus Vancouver, Canada Posts: 23
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    So a festival....
    To me a festival would have multiple stages, with multiple acts of differing genres. As well many in attendance are not necessarily there to see Pearl Jam. Sounds like Imola (and maybe London if it’s BST Hyde Park) are closer to what many would consider a stand alone show, regardless of how it’s marketed.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,166

stawamus said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    So a festival....
    To me a festival would have multiple stages, with multiple acts of differing genres. As well many in attendance are not necessarily there to see Pearl Jam. Sounds like Imola (and maybe London if it’s BST Hyde Park) are closer to what many would consider a stand alone show, regardless of how it’s marketed.

The "non fan" factor you raised is very defining for me. One quality that makes a PJ arena show so much better, even from the top, is the whole place is jammed with loyal fans that are into the show and not gabbing about innate jibber jabber while the band plays a slower song.
    (Just charge me a little more, so with the much lower arena overhead we can minimize stadiums ;-) )

I dont mind sprinkling in a few football stadiums (enough with these horror sightlined mlb parks) or even an MLS venue. But the USA is way overdue for  a full arena tour. Maybe.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    So a festival....
    No. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Eddie Vedder did 50K plus solo so it would be interesting to see what they can pull off. Did they sell out Rome and Trieste? 
    Yep. 32,000 for Trieste. 72,000 for Rome. 
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Control F "US" 0 results, Control F "Canada" 0 results. damnit one of these days, Ill get a result on this thread
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Probably yes.
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    So a festival....
    No. 
    Was Firenze a festival?
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,707
    Kearn5y said:
    I get your point. That's right, we're so lucky in Italy. But sounds strange that pj came for 3times last year without new music.. And now what? The next record is coming and they're going to headline just a festival.. Dunno it's just unusual. But you're right. We've been so lucky
    If I were to complain, it would be about the venue. Looks like a horrible place. Some viewing areas are over 250m from the stage, almost as bad as our super cool overated venue called Slane.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    raindog80 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Probably yes.
    Nope, take a look at the concerts in Brasil
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,954
    raindog80 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Probably yes.
    Which non festival were over 100k?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    So a festival....
    No. 
    Was Firenze a festival?
    Yes , but with just one stage... ( and a pit which was huuuuuuge, and taking the mickey really ) But 5 acts in total per day and it spread out over 4 days... I went to see Ed Ved and The Cure. Good times and Florence is gorgeous!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Yeezus people.  Europe has these month long "festivals" where bands basically play headline shows every night for a week.  EV Barolo was like that.  Cork 2017 was the Marquee Festival.  Not every festival is 3 full days on 8 stages with 120 bands, like Lolla.
    I'm not saying that's what Imola is, I dont know anything, but when someone says "festival" in Europe, dont immediately assume a 90 minute PJ set.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    PJNB said:
    Was Firenze a festival?
    Yes, https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firenze_Rocks 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Probably yes.
    Festival shows, man.
    pearljamonline.it