Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Yeezus people.  Europe has these month long "festivals" where bands basically play headline shows every night for a week.  EV Barolo was like that.  Cork 2017 was the Marquee Festival.  Not every festival is 3 full days on 8 stages with 120 bands, like Lolla.
    I'm not saying that's what Imola is, I dont know anything, but when someone says "festival" in Europe, dont immediately assume a 90 minute PJ set.
    Well said. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    Yeezus people.  Europe has these month long "festivals" where bands basically play headline shows every night for a week.  EV Barolo was like that.  Cork 2017 was the Marquee Festival.  Not every festival is 3 full days on 8 stages with 120 bands, like Lolla.
    I'm not saying that's what Imola is, I dont know anything, but when someone says "festival" in Europe, dont immediately assume a 90 minute PJ set.
    Who is assuming  90 min set?
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    PJNB said:
    People just see "festival" and assume an abbreviated set.  I didn't mean 90 minutes literally.  My point was that not every festival in Europe is like Lolla.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    PJNB said:
    People just see "festival" and assume an abbreviated set.  I didn't mean 90 minutes literally.  My point was that not every festival in Europe is like Lolla.
    I agree especially if it is the only show in well hit countries like Italy and England. Only thing that would stop them if it was a typical fest with restrictions on the time on stage. 
  • Options
    Could be like milton keynes full set plus 2 support bands 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Could be like milton keynes full set plus 2 support bands 
    Imola "will be" something like MK 2014. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited November 2019
    Mike today in RollingStone….

Q: The band’s last big U.S. tour was a short ballpark run in 2018. Are you booking dates for 2020?

A: 
    Nothing as of yet. I mean, I hope we can go out. I’m ready to play some music again with my guys and go out and do it. But we don’t have any plans as of yet. Right now, I’m doing stuff like this cool Johnny Cash thing I got to be involved in, and trying to keep busy. I’ve been helping my friends in this band Thunderpussy write some songs and I’m helping them with their second record right now.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/pearl-jam-mike-mccready-interview-johnny-cash-doc-909877/
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    edited November 2019

Q: The band’s last big U.S. tour was a short ballpark run in 2018. Are you booking dates for 2020?

A: Nothing as of yet. I mean, I hope we can go out. I’m ready to play some music again with my guys and go out and do it. But we don’t have any plans as of yet. Right now, I’m doing stuff like this cool Johnny Cash thing I got to be involved in, and trying to keep busy. I’ve been helping my friends in this band Thunderpussy write some songs and I’m helping them with their second record right now.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/pearl-jam-mike-mccready-interview-johnny-cash-doc-909877/
    I usually feel they’re being coy, not wanting to give anything away. Sadly, I feel Mike is telling the truth....no plans. 
    Post edited by pjruss on
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    #RETIRED Short tours to pay the bills.  Sorry folks. Doesn’t mean I won’t get excited when they announce their “huge” 15 show run though.  
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    #RETIRED Short tours to pay the bills.  Sorry folks. Doesn’t mean I won’t get excited when they announce their “huge” 15 show run though.  
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    They should take 3 years off and then come back and melt our faces with 4+ hour shows.
  • Options
    pjruss said:

A: Nothing as of yet. I mean, I hope we can go out. I’m ready to play some music again with my guys and go out and do it. But we don’t have any plans as of yet. Right now, I’m doing stuff like this cool Johnny Cash thing I got to be involved in, and trying to keep busy. I’ve been helping my friends in this band Thunderpussy write some songs and I’m helping them with their second record right now.

I usually feel they’re being coy, not wanting to give anything away. Sadly, I feel Mike is telling the truth....no plans. 

But didn't they also say something similar a month or so before Lightning Bolt was announced?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    pjruss said:

But didn't they also say something similar a month or so before Lightning Bolt was announced?
    Yes they did.   Made a similar comment in May of 2013 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    I realize this is totally subjective but what is the Philadelphia of Europe in terms of crowds?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

The optimist says Mike is referring to no US shows being booked as the question asks about US.  That’s what Dimi has indicated, and does not address whether European shows are planned.

The pessimist says uh-oh he means nothing is planned anywhere and all these Europe rumours might be false.

The realist says .... DIMI?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,701
    mcgruff10 said:
    I realize this is totally subjective but what is the Philadelphia of Europe in terms of crowds?
    What are philly crowds crowds like?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    kst said:

The optimist says Mike is referring to no US shows being booked as the question asks about US.  That’s what Dimi has indicated, and does not address whether European shows are planned.

The pessimist says uh-oh he means nothing is planned anywhere and all these Europe rumours might be false.

In Dimitris we trust. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Kearn5y said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The loudest in the us.  See spectrum ‘03.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Italy^^
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    The realist says .... 
    Our mind will blowing up in less than 30 days, then let  NA rumors begin :)
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,153
    kst said:

Are you "booking dates" not are you "booking US dates. "

If I were being an optimist I'd say he asked the interviewer to use the specific term "booking" so he could technically say no about any tour question. 

To imply they'd travel to Europe in an election year and not play in the states to try to generate change in the White House does not seem plausible.

I'd be more bummed that he was indifferent about any new album and "pretended" not to know it's been almost 7 years since the last.

• Options
    kst said:

Are you "booking dates" not are you "booking US dates. "

If I were being an optimist I'd say he asked the interviewer to use the specific term "booking" so he could technically say no about any tour question. 

To imply they'd travel to Europe in an election year and not play in the states to try to generate change in the White House does not seem plausible.

I'd be more bummed that he was indifferent about any new album and "pretended" not to know it's been almost 7 years since the last.

Your logic is sound.  Let’s hope either the interview took place long before it was published, or that Dimi can say something to help us interpret the comments.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    What did you expect? That he spills the EU tour? There‘s a reason it‘s not announced yet. Contracts, negotiations, money.
  • Options
    He could have said something a bit more vague, like we don’t have any definitive plans.  Or he could have dodged and just said he’s focused on other stuff right now.  

• Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    JackD. said:
    What did you expect? That he spills the EU tour? There‘s a reason it‘s not announced yet. Contracts, negotiations, money.
    the question about this interview is not the mike dont talk about tours. the problem is that he said that the new album is not ready at all even if someone continue to tell the opposite...
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    I work as a music journalist, one thing needs to be said: never believe in things that musicians say in interviews / from the stage.
    Once talked with Maynard James Keenen and all his responses were: yes, right, I can't say. My point is that it's just smoke&mirrors. 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,105
    edited November 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The loudest in the us.  See spectrum ‘03.  
    ive been to philly (2013) and to a bunch of european shows. id say all european shows would be as a bottom worst-case-senario baseline on the level of philly. I always mix up the philly 2013 and the amsterdam 2014 shows - maybe in part because of the similiar crowd vibes(?). 

but spain/portugal/italy I presume is closest to that loud south american vibe.   

i found the italian crowd in 2006 to be pushy and kind of shitty though. but so was the crowd in Berlin in 2009. So that might have to with other things than what country the show is in. 

EDIT: ive never met anyone who had a bad experince at Globen, Stockholm 2012 - maybe that says something. 

remember the crowd at philly being cirtious (spelling?) too. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,105
    edited November 2019
    Kusy said:
    I work as a music journalist, one thing needs to be said: never believe in things that musicians say in interviews / from the stage.
    Once talked with Maynard James Keenen and all his responses were: yes, right, I can't say. My point is that it's just smoke&mirrors. 
    lol. this obviously depends on the person behind this blanket ”musican” box you put them in.  
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    Kusy said:
    so your job is absolutely useless 😂😂
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    edited November 2019
    lellopj said:
    Kusy said:
    so your job is absolutely useless 😂😂
    If it gives money and free concerts... wouldn't agree ;)
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow