PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    edited September 2019
    I wasn't really talking about the Phils specifically in regards to the Reds. 
    I miss igotid88
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Rodriguez being a douche is keeping some heat off Hoskins. what the fuck was that last night? how does a major leaguer miss that throw?  Hoskins is killing this team.  good news is our idiot manager keeps him in the 1 hole...so you know the guy  hitting less than .150 since the all-star break is getting the most at-bats on the team.  #analytics
    that hoskins error reminded me of ryan howard, aka seal hands

this franchise is a disgrace.  looks like they're proving me correct per usual as they're going to end up with another losing record season.

FIRE MACPHAIL
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited September 2019
    The Fixer said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    Rodriguez being a douche is keeping some heat off Hoskins. what the fuck was that last night? how does a major leaguer miss that throw?  Hoskins is killing this team.  good news is our idiot manager keeps him in the 1 hole...so you know the guy  hitting less than .150 since the all-star break is getting the most at-bats on the team.  #analytics

this franchise is a disgrace.  looks like they're proving me correct per usual as they're going to end up with another losing record season.

FIRE MACPHAIL
    Friendly reminder that you predicted 86 wins just like everyone else.
     https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6926776#Comment_6926776

"I'll go with 86 wins as my prediction for this year.  Could win this division or get a wild card spot." - the fixer, 3/27/2019
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    gotta sweep the Mets this weekend
    bump from last weekend :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    The Fixer said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

FIRE MACPHAIL
    Friendly reminder that you predicted 86 wins just like everyone else.
     https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6926776#Comment_6926776

"I'll go with 86 wins as my prediction for this year.  Could win this division or get a wild card spot." - the fixer, 3/27/2019
    wasn't their over under between 90-92?

good to see they're staying consistent and failing to meet all expectations
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I thought 86 was a pretty safe bet coming in.  I bought the hype which was dumb. What was the total wins for vegas?

I think this was a really disappointing season and I don't think the outlook is all that great.  They have 4 good players.  Juggs calls them underachieving, I am not so sure.  I also don't know that there is a big contract that could patch it up in Rendon or Cole (DON'T GO NEAR HIM, HE'S ALL OURS).  Need more than 1 or two players and need Kingery and Hoskins to continue developing. 

Segura is who he has always been.  He's fine. McCutchen..every team has players get hurt.  It's just not a very good baseball team, stating the obvious.  And they have probably the 2nd most annoying manager in baseball.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I thought 86 was a pretty safe bet coming in.  I bought the hype which was dumb. What was the total wins for vegas?

I think this was a really disappointing season and I don't think the outlook is all that great.  They have 4 good players.  Juggs calls them underachieving, I am not so sure.  I also don't know that there is a big contract that could patch it up in Rendon or Cole (DON'T GO NEAR HIM, HE'S ALL OURS).  Need more than 1 or two players and need Kingery and Hoskins to continue developing. 

Segura is who he has always been.  He's fine. McCutchen..every team has players get hurt.  It's just not a very good baseball team, stating the obvious.  And they have probably the 2nd most annoying manager in baseball.

their current pace is to win 84 so...
    pjhawks said:

soooo...

agree.  4 good players, one of who is being blocked at his natural position of 2b by a guy who sucks.

if you have no talent it's impossible to underachieve.  their roster is flat out garbage

I think segura stinks.  mccutchen was off to a good start but that contract was stupid (just like the arrieta contract).  bunch of idiots running this franchise
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:

soooo...
    let's wait to see.  86 is within reach.  14-9 gets them there.  if i had to guess i say they won't though.  86 isn't getting them a wild card anyways.

and which manager is more annoying than Kapler?
    rendon would be a great fit but he's not as good as machado, which is why they should have signed both manny and harper this past offseason.  they'll overpay multiple players this offseason because they can't develop talent.  inevitably it will end the same way it always does, with this team falling flat on their face

oh well, at least the sixers season starts soon
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

soooo...
    let's wait to see.  86 is within reach.  14-9 gets them there.  if i had to guess i say they won't though.  86 isn't getting them a wild card anyways.

Point being, I thought this was a potential playoff team coming in and had a chance to make noise.

Joe Maddon.  He's the fucking worst
    The Fixer said:

agree.  4 good players, one of who is being blocked at his natural position of 2b by a guy who sucks.

if you have no talent it's impossible to underachieve.  their roster is flat out garbage

I think segura stinks.  mccutchen was off to a good start but that contract was stupid (just like the arrieta contract).  bunch of idiots running this franchise
    I pretty much agree. I like McCutchen but I didn't like that contract at the time either.
    The Fixer said:
    rendon would be a great fit but he's not as good as machado, which is why they should have signed both manny and harper this past offseason.  they'll overpay multiple players this offseason because they can't develop talent.  inevitably it will end the same way it always does, with this team falling flat on their face

oh well, at least the sixers season starts soon
    I don't disagree and it's only one year, a contract year at that, but Rendon has lapped him in WAR this year.
    The Fixer said:

I pretty much agree. I like McCutchen but I didn't like that contract at the time either.
    once they started playing him in center (because odubel is horrendous) it was inevitable he was going to get hurt.

this franchise really is the worst.  hopefully middleton creates a new fan poll in the newspaper to figure out which players to sign this offseason.  what a fucking joke
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

once they started playing him in center (because odubel is horrendous) it was inevitable he was going to get hurt.

this franchise really is the worst.  hopefully middleton creates a new fan poll in the newspaper to figure out which players to sign this offseason.  what a fucking joke
    A philly.com one at that! 
    so anyone get into this black pumas album yet?  if not you should -- pretty awesome.  checking them out live next week.  they play philly later this month.  This band is about to blow up
    The Fixer said:
    so anyone get into this black pumas album yet?  if not you should -- pretty awesome.  checking them out live next week.  they play philly later this month.  This band is about to blow up
    Who the fuck are the black pumas?
    The Fixer said:
    check em out.  band out of austin.  first album just dropped.  I'm addicted - so good.

getting some pub now, but I think they take off.  Recommend going to see them at these smaller venues before they blow up
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    check em out.  band out of austin.  first album just dropped.  I'm addicted - so good.

getting some pub now, but I think they take off.  Recommend going to see them at these smaller venues before they blow up

where in phlly are they playing?

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Foundry at the Fillmore, it looks like.  Think it's upstairs, right?
    edited September 2019
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

website says the Foundry at the Fillmore.  Not sure if that's a smaller stage within the Fillmore.  Fillmore is a pretty large venue compared to rest of the tour stops.  Hitting the show in Charlottesville -- never been to that venue but from what I see online it looks awesomely small.  Love shows at the tiny little shithole bar type spots

You into them?  I cannot stop playing the album

https://www.theblackpumas.com/shows
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

website says the Foundry at the Fillmore.  Not sure if that's a smaller stage within the Fillmore.  Fillmore is a pretty large venue compared to rest of the tour stops.  Hitting the show in Charlottesville -- never been to that venue but from what I see online it looks awesomely small.  Love shows at the tiny little shithole bar type spots

You into them?  I cannot stop playing the album

https://www.theblackpumas.com/shows
    yes that's inside the fillmore. Smaller venue upstairs.

I listened to some of the songs he posted on the thread. Sounded decent. I only know those songs though

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

soooo...

Point being, I thought this was a potential playoff team coming in and had a chance to make noise.

:lol:
    I tend to agree on these two, but 'my power comes from sunbathing my nuts' has to take top spot.  At least Maddon has won.  All whackadoodle does is act strange and lift weights.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

soooo...

I tend to agree on these two, but 'my power comes from sunbathing my nuts' has to take top spot.  At least Maddon has won.  All whackadoodle does is act strange and lift weights.
    Can we do 1 and 1a. then?  At least Kapler talks about wanting everyone's opinion and input and learning and all that jazz.  Joe Maddon is by far the smartest guy in any room he's ever been in.

But yeah, Kapler is a whackadoodle for sure.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

89.5 was their O/U

Tons of injuries and shit but I don’t see how this isn’t an underachieving team. Very disappointing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

soooo...

Can we do 1 and 1a. then?  At least Kapler talks about wanting everyone's opinion and input and learning and all that jazz.  Joe Maddon is by far the smartest guy in any room he's ever been in.

But yeah, Kapler is a whackadoodle for sure.
    Fair enough!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

89.5 was their O/U

Tons of injuries and shit but I don’t see how this isn’t an underachieving team. Very disappointing. 
    Because everyone is playing to who they are.  No one is really having a down season, are they?  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    You're 1 game worse than at this point last year
    I miss igotid88
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I think there's a difference between expectations and what's realistic. Based on expectations they've grossly underachieved, but the realities of this roster I'd say they're going to win more game than they should. Rotation is Nola then nobody. Bullpen is nobody then nobody at this point - their 9th best reliever is their "setup man" right now (I use that term very, very loosely). The bench was always short and shallow re: depth from the beginning. And the lineup outside of Kingery/Hoskins/Harper/Realmuto is nothing impressive when supported by the rest of this lineup. I think to be disappointed with this team as it stands right now is kind of irrational to be honest.