Official Neil Young Thread

17879808284

Comments

  • cutzcutz Posts: 8,345
    goldrush said:
    The ‘Le Noise Sessions’ film is currently playing in the NYA Hearse Theater. It includes 2 versions of the unreleased song You Never Call, as well a few of the Psychedelic Pill tracks.

    1. You Never Call (Guitar)
    ---
    2. Walk With Me
    3. Sign Of Love
    4. Someone's Gonna Rescue You
    5. Love and War
    6. Angry World
    7. Hitchhiker
    8. Peaceful Valley Boulevard
    9. Rumblin'
    ---
    10. You Never Call (Organ)
    11. For The Love Of Man (Gretsch 6120)
    12. Hitchhiker (alternate take)
    13. Twisted Road (White Falcon)
    14. Born in Ontario (D-45 with LR Baggs pickup)
    15. Instrumental (White Falcon)
    Thanks for the heads-up but it's already been taken down. Ther's a 34 minute version of Like a Hurricane now playing. Maybe it will be played again?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718
    cutz said:
    goldrush said:
    The ‘Le Noise Sessions’ film is currently playing in the NYA Hearse Theater. It includes 2 versions of the unreleased song You Never Call, as well a few of the Psychedelic Pill tracks.

    1. You Never Call (Guitar)
    ---
    2. Walk With Me
    3. Sign Of Love
    4. Someone's Gonna Rescue You
    5. Love and War
    6. Angry World
    7. Hitchhiker
    8. Peaceful Valley Boulevard
    9. Rumblin'
    ---
    10. You Never Call (Organ)
    11. For The Love Of Man (Gretsch 6120)
    12. Hitchhiker (alternate take)
    13. Twisted Road (White Falcon)
    14. Born in Ontario (D-45 with LR Baggs pickup)
    15. Instrumental (White Falcon)
    Thanks for the heads-up but it's already been taken down. Ther's a 34 minute version of Like a Hurricane now playing. Maybe it will be played again?
    I hope so! There’s a Hearse Theater schedule on NYA now, so you can see what’s coming up


    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718
    John Hanlon has also posted an update on Colorado, Alchemy, Homegrown, and Archives volumes 2 and 3!



    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,947
    edited August 23
    Neil really does do it right. Bellman is the best.

    Psyched to hear that Archives 2 is really in the process of being done. 


  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    Should I buy Live at the Cellar door on vinyl for 31 dollars?
    Guide me... 
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718
    Should I buy Live at the Cellar door on vinyl for 31 dollars?
    Guide me... 
    Yes, absolutely.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718
    goldrush said:
    cutz said:
    goldrush said:
    The ‘Le Noise Sessions’ film is currently playing in the NYA Hearse Theater. It includes 2 versions of the unreleased song You Never Call, as well a few of the Psychedelic Pill tracks.

    1. You Never Call (Guitar)
    ---
    2. Walk With Me
    3. Sign Of Love
    4. Someone's Gonna Rescue You
    5. Love and War
    6. Angry World
    7. Hitchhiker
    8. Peaceful Valley Boulevard
    9. Rumblin'
    ---
    10. You Never Call (Organ)
    11. For The Love Of Man (Gretsch 6120)
    12. Hitchhiker (alternate take)
    13. Twisted Road (White Falcon)
    14. Born in Ontario (D-45 with LR Baggs pickup)
    15. Instrumental (White Falcon)
    Thanks for the heads-up but it's already been taken down. Ther's a 34 minute version of Like a Hurricane now playing. Maybe it will be played again?
    I hope so! There’s a Hearse Theater schedule on NYA now, so you can see what’s coming up


    The Hearse Theater schedule has been updated. 
    MOUNTAINTOP (the making of Colorado), and JOURNEY THROUGH THE PAST have been added


    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,947
    the neil young record shopping video is amazing.

  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    goldrush said:
    Should I buy Live at the Cellar door on vinyl for 31 dollars?
    Guide me... 
    Yes, absolutely.
    Hmm. Ok. I have the Sugar Mountain one though... But okey okey. Wished I would have bought Massey Hall back in the day. 
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 7,848
    Ramada Inn is probably my new fave NY song

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

    1995- New Orleans, LA

    1996- Charleston, SC

    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

    2006- Cincinnati, OH

    2008- Columbia, SC

    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2

    2010- Bristow, VA

    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL

    2012- Atlanta, GA

    2013- Charlotte, NC

    2014- Cincinnati, OH

    2015- New York, NY

    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

    2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

    2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    edited August 27
    I bought Cellar Door. 31 dollarz.

    My Peace Trail hasn't showed up... might have to rebuy it...
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718
    I bought Cellar Door. 31 dollarz.

    My Peace Trail hasn't showed up... might have to rebuy it...
    Cellar Door is worth it for the acoustic Down By The River alone. Cinnamon Girl on piano is pretty cool too.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718


    I really hope that's the album artwork too!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,540
    goldrush said:


    I really hope that's the album artwork too!
    :plus_one:
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,345
    New song up on NYA from the new album. Only listened once while working but it didn't grab me
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    pjpitt89 said:
    New song up on NYA from the new album. Only listened once while working but it didn't grab me
    Same.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:


    I really hope that's the album artwork too!
    :plus_one:
    Seems to be:


    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    edited August 28
    My friends review of the new NY single: "I hate it when he sounds like the pedophile on Family Guys". Haha. Quite true.


    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287

    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718
    edited August 30
    The Colorado preorder is up now. 

    COLORADO was recorded mostly live in the studio in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and produced by Young and John Hanlon with additional mixing at Shangri-La Studios in Malibu. Mastering by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood. As with every Young release, the resultant audio fidelity is nothing short of astonishing and sounds as if one is present on the studio floor with the band during the recording.

    COLORADO will be available on high resolution digital audio through NYA, and on a three-sided, double vinyl album set with a bonus 7” vinyl single as well as CD and digitally at all streaming and digital outlets. The bonus single contains two non-album tracks, “Rainbow Of Colors,” (live) recorded live by Neil Young solo and was the first-ever public performance of this powerful new fan favorite, and “Truth Kills,” a studio track by Young with Crazy Horse.
     

    Release date: 25th October, 2019

    Track listing

    Side 1
    1. Think Of Me 
    2. She Showed Me Love

    Side 2
    1. Olden Days 
    2. Help Me Lose My Mind
    3. Green Is Blue
    4. Shut It Down

    Side 3
    1. Milky Way 
    2. Eternity
    3. Rainbow Of Colors (studio version)
    4. I Do

    Side 4
    Etched artwork

    Bonus 7” Single:
    A-Side:
    1. Rainbow Of Colors (solo, live in Portland, OR May 17, 2019)

    B-Side:
    1. Truth Kills (Neil Young with Crazy Horse – studio)

    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,947
    I don’t get why they would do the 7” when you have a blank side. Seems excessive. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718

    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718

    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718
    goldrush said:

    Some more info has been posted about the unearthed Catalyst show


    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,947
    Yes please
  • Interesting... 
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,947
    He could put out a record a month for the next few years with all the stuff he has said is in the works
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,540
    He could put out a record a month for the next few years with all the stuff he has said is in the works
    Back in the day, there were various "Record-of-the-Month" clubs".  I never had the dough to get in on those, but a "Neil Young Record-of-the-Month" club?  That would be tempting!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,947
    Between the shows he's dug up and the material that isn't on the main albums but is on Vol. 1 of the box set, he should be doing 4 releases a year. And thats to say nothing of straight up reissues.


  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon In My PlacePosts: 19,261
    i put psychadelic pill back onto my phone to listen to while camping this weekend. just doesn't do it for me. my god the lyrics to driftin' back are just stream of conciousness nonsense ramblings. how many times can one singer use the word "now" over his career?
    Headstones and Watchmen Fan Boy
Sign In or Register to comment.