• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Thread officially derailed 
    Ohio

back on track 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,013
    Thank god for swedish gun laws. 

And thank god for Neil Young concerts played in Sweden.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Thread officially derailed 
    Ohio

back on track 
    We definitely would not want to get political on a NY thread. He would hate for that to happen. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Complicated.

I had a ton of ny records. Got bored of him, traded them. Now slowly getting them back. Still bores me but I guess I like being bored more now!!
    Nothing quite beats getting deep into cowgirl in the sand,  down by the river....just realized putting those two songs together. That's why I like them so much!

I saw a cowgirl riding a horse by my favorite fishing spot.

Damn
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Loujoe said:
    Complicated.

I had a ton of ny records. Got bored of him, traded them. Now slowly getting them back. Still bores me but I guess I like being bored more now!!
    Nothing quite beats getting deep into cowgirl in the sand,  down by the river....just realized putting those two songs together. That's why I like them so much!

I saw a cowgirl riding a horse by my favorite fishing spot.

Damn

Neil's longer jams- especially with Crazy Horse- will get under your skin that way.  "Loose Change", from Broken Arrow, is like psychedelic meditation to me.  That long stretch when they lock on to that one chord over and over and over with the subtlest of changes throughout takes me into an incredibly trance-like space every time.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Alright. Will dig into that one day.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,937
    I’d post this in the PJ side, but fuck it. I love that they still play Throw Your Hatred Down. Wish they’d bring back Act of Love. 
  • Options
    Fuck it. That thread I’ll make. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,283
    The triple LP version of Ragged Glory will be a standalone release. The original version will be included in ORS Box 5

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Oh. Could be a situation where one has to buy both?

I have the first release of the "original" version though... so I guess I just get the 2 disc one.

What more will be in the boxset though... I have Harvest Moon... BUt I need MTV Unplugged (like really neeeeed - greatest live album ever recorded).
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I have the first release of the "original" version though... so I guess I just get the 2 disc one.

What more will be in the boxset though... I have Harvest Moon... BUt I need MTV Unplugged (like really neeeeed - greatest live album ever recorded).
    ORS Box 5 will be Freedom, Ragged Glory, Weld, and Arc.
    ORS Box 6 will be Harvest Moon, Unplugged, Sleeps With Angels, and Mirror Ball.

I’ve said it many times before, but that is such a fantastic run of records.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Can you remind me when these are supposed to be available?  I did a little googling and couldn't tell. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    goldrush said:

Can you remind me when these are supposed to be available?  I did a little googling and couldn't tell. 
    There are no set dates for these yet.
    They should be after Toast, Noise & Flowers, Bootlegs 2 and 6, the new album, and maybe Archives 3, all of which are somehow still due this year.

Neil was asked about a release timeline recently:

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Something in me regrets not buying the first ORS boxsets, but I do have all... I think... albums already

But these I will have to pick up.

Even though I have Freedom, Harvest Moon and Mirrorball.
  • Options
    Saw some semi-expensive Fork in the road vinyl show up in two swedish web stores. 

Someone found a forgotten box? Or what?
  • Options
    I forget if Fork was a Classic pressing, but Classic Records had its lovers, so I could see people sitting on cases because the quality is top of the line
  • Options
    I forget if Fork was a Classic pressing, but Classic Records had its lovers, so I could see people sitting on cases because the quality is top of the line
    I was just shopping some Classic Records,  specifically Who.  Boy, those records go for top dollar. 
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Saw some semi-expensive Fork in the road vinyl show up in two swedish web stores. 

Someone found a forgotten box? Or what?
    I saw a copy of this on vinyl on some web store in the Netherlands, I thought they would have been long gone by now but obviously not. Thought I hit the jackpot a few years ago at a record fair when I found Neil Young Unplugged on vinyl. Looking closely at the back sleeve, the small print was a bit poor, bits missing. A quick search online and saw it was a counterfeit.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    Farm Aid sent out a save the date for September and listed Neil as appearing. Would be his first show in a while, I believe. He skipped Farm Aid last year. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    There is a rumor on Facebook that the Bridge School Benefit will return this year.  The mentioned dates are October 22-23.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Yefa said:
    There is a rumor on Facebook that the Bridge School Benefit will return this year.  The mentioned dates are October 22-23.
    Well Ed mentioned it a few times in Oakland.  The way he said it certainly seemed like he expected it to be back very soon. He was kind of plugging it. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    without scrolling through a million posts, any date for the Neil Jam stuff coming out?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yefa said:
    Well Ed mentioned it a few times in Oakland.  The way he said it certainly seemed like he expected it to be back very soon. He was kind of plugging it. 
    Yes I remember that.  The posts I’m referring to are newer than that and included the dates.
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    Yefa said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yefa said:
    Yes I remember that.  The posts I’m referring to are newer than that and included the dates.
    I guess my point is that it seemed pretty locked in even before the new posts.  Plus if he's playing Farm Aid, it would seem that he is ready to go again.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yefa said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yefa said:
    I guess my point is that it seemed pretty locked in even before the new posts.  Plus if he's playing Farm Aid, it would seem that he is ready to go again.  
    It would seem so.  But remember he was on the bill for the last Farm Aid and withdrew pretty late.  I think he will play both this time but  it’s too soon to be sure.
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    without scrolling through a million posts, any date for the Neil Jam stuff coming out?
    Nope. Probably 2023
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    damn
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2022
    The first song from Noise & Flowers is up on NYA. 
    It also confirms the August 5th release date.

Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    There’ll be a LP, CD, Blu Ray box set version of it as well 

(Tim Rogers)