The National Football League

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    Kicker is an amazing job 
    Is being a Long Snapper better?
    no, long snapper end up with neck and back problems.  they've mitigated it a little bit with the new rules so they don't hit as much.
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I hope they give Jacoby a legitimate shot at being the starter. He's young and may have some hiccups, but he was far from terrible in the small sample size we got here in New England. 
    That was mostly Belichick. 
    Former defensive corridinator, Bill Belichick helped him out, huh? 
    Game plan. Same with Cassell. Jacoby's 2nd start was close for a while after he hurt his shoulder.
    Oh that’s right. Because Tom Brady is a system qb, right (despite him playing for multiple offensive coordinators and multiple different kinds of offensive schemes over the years)? Anyone can succeed there. Eli Manning would have about a million passing yards and 500,000 touchdowns had he played in New England. Ha
    He'd definitely have a better career w-l record.  But this is about Bill. You don't have to disagree with every post I type. If I said the earth is round. You would argue that it was flat
    Well if you can explain how a life long defensive minded coach can have so much of an affect on his team's offense, I'd be willing to concede a point. But you've never done so whenever I've asked you about it. The amount of qb's who have had success in NE under him is such a small sample size that your argument is ridiculous. Belichick is not the offensive coordinator. He does not call plays. He has never groomed a quarterback, ever. 

With Brissett, he started two games. They went 1-1. He had a 61.8 completion percent. No touchdowns. No interceptions. An 83.9 qb rating. You're telling me there is some Bill Belichick magic to that performance? All NE did with him was play it safe and put him in a good position to not make big mistakes for a couple of games. Every team with half a brain tries to do this when their backup is in the game. And his percentages were similar the next season in Indy when he played 14 games. 
    i am confused.  haven't you argued for years that the Pats win more because of Bellichick than Brady?  well and the running game of course. yes steven ridley over brady i think you mentioned previously (don't get your panties in a bunch i'm kidding about this part...sort of).
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited August 2019
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I hope they give Jacoby a legitimate shot at being the starter. He's young and may have some hiccups, but he was far from terrible in the small sample size we got here in New England. 
    Game plan. Same with Cassell. Jacoby's 2nd start was close for a while after he hurt his shoulder.
    Oh that’s right. Because Tom Brady is a system qb, right (despite him playing for multiple offensive coordinators and multiple different kinds of offensive schemes over the years)? Anyone can succeed there. Eli Manning would have about a million passing yards and 500,000 touchdowns had he played in New England. Ha
    He'd definitely have a better career w-l record.  But this is about Bill. You don't have to disagree with every post I type. If I said the earth is round. You would argue that it was flat
    Well if you can explain how a life long defensive minded coach can have so much of an affect on his team's offense, I'd be willing to concede a point. But you've never done so whenever I've asked you about it. The amount of qb's who have had success in NE under him is such a small sample size that your argument is ridiculous. Belichick is not the offensive coordinator. He does not call plays. He has never groomed a quarterback, ever. 

With Brissett, he started two games. They went 1-1. He had a 61.8 completion percent. No touchdowns. No interceptions. An 83.9 qb rating. You're telling me there is some Bill Belichick magic to that performance? All NE did with him was play it safe and put him in a good position to not make big mistakes for a couple of games. Every team with half a brain tries to do this when their backup is in the game. And his percentages were similar the next season in Indy when he played 14 games. 
    i am confused.  haven't you argued for years that the Pats win more because of Bellichick than Brady?  well and the running game of course. yes steven ridley over brady i think you mentioned previously (don't get your panties in a bunch i'm kidding about this part...sort of).
    Yes. This guy's argument is that Brady's greatness is directly related to Belichick's "system" which I find ridiculous as they have adjusted what they do on offense multiple times based upon their different personnel.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:

Yes. This guy's argument is that Brady's greatness is directly related to Belichick's "system" which I find ridiculous as they have adjusted what they do on offense multiple times based upon their different personnel.

well you know me...i believe Bellichick's greatness is directly related to having Tom Brady as his QB.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:

And plays called in any given game situation. Like taking a safety to get the ball back with enough time for Brady to score a TD. Believe in your D and O. D doesn’t do it’s job, you’re an idiot. O doesn’t do it’s job, you’re an idiot. Both do their jobs, you’re a genius.

More importantly is Belichick’s player selection and coaching to get everything you can out of them. Their backup QB, I don’t even know his name, is going to be good. Why? Selected for his smarts and ability. Give him an O line and running game? The dynasty rolls.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Absolutely a system qb. Nothing more nothing less 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I don't post in this thread very often. Now I remember why.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:

And plays called in any given game situation. Like taking a safety to get the ball back with enough time for Brady to score a TD. Believe in your D and O. D doesn’t do it’s job, you’re an idiot. O doesn’t do it’s job, you’re an idiot. Both do their jobs, you’re a genius.

More importantly is Belichick’s player selection and coaching to get everything you can out of them. Their backup QB, I don’t even know his name, is going to be good. Why? Selected for his smarts and ability. Give him an O line and running game? The dynasty rolls.

haha this is gold.  you don't even know the backups name but you are already expecting the dynasty to role on with him after Brady is done.   hilarious stuff.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:

haha this is gold.  you don't even know the backups name but you are already expecting the dynasty to role on with him after Brady is done.   hilarious stuff.
    I’ve watched a little pre-season and checked the box scores. Completion/attempts, rushing yards and TD/int ratio lead me to believe that the kid, #4, with TB12 mentoring and Belichick coaching, has a bright future in New England. It’s not just TB that makes the Patriots great, it’s the whole organization. I look forward to your whining when the patriots win Super Bowls without TB12. Tom may very well be done after 7.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Isn’t the battle between Stidham and Hoyer a pretty big storyline in New England? I mean...it’s 40+ year old Tom Brady’s back up they’re fighting for. 

The guy was drafted in the fourth round. Seems odd that a Pats super fan has no idea what his name is
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Isn’t the battle between Stidham and Hoyer a pretty big storyline in New England? I mean...it’s 40+ year old Tom Brady’s back up they’re fighting for. 

The guy was drafted in the fourth round. Seems odd that a Pats super fan has no idea what his name is
    Not big news at all because, in the end, in Bill we trust. And I expect one or both to be trade bait for that as yet unforeseen need due to injury. And therein lies the difference between the patriots and everyone else.

Brilliantati©
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Dolphins are starting Fitzpatrick over Rosen
    I miss igotid88

Not big news at all because, in the end, in Bill we trust. And I expect one or both to be trade bait for that as yet unforeseen need due to injury. And therein lies the difference between the patriots and everyone else.
    I don’t find this response sufficient and I hereby question your Patriots fandom. 

Gotta know who your backup qb is dude...
    chinese-happy.jpg

I don’t find this response sufficient and I hereby question your Patriots fandom. 

Hoyer and #4 but as long as TB12 is healthy and starting, no need to pay attention to who the back up QB is. It could be Vince Wilfork and it wouldn’t matter. 

Brilliantati©
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Ha.  Wilfork is one giant qb!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Ha.  Wilfork is one giant qb!
    And a faster 50 yard dash than TB12.

Brilliantati©

Hoyer and #4 but as long as TB12 is healthy and starting, no need to pay attention to who the back up QB is. It could be Vince Wilfork and it wouldn’t matter. 
    You lost to a back up quarterback a couple February’s ago. Just an FYI
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:

I’ve watched a little pre-season and checked the box scores. Completion/attempts, rushing yards and TD/int ratio lead me to believe that the kid, #4, with TB12 mentoring and Belichick coaching, has a bright future in New England. It’s not just TB that makes the Patriots great, it’s the whole organization. I look forward to your whining when the patriots win Super Bowls without TB12. Tom may very well be done after 7.

Ithey will return to mediocrity or worse once Brady is done. Don’t kid yourself
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:

That all depends on how well the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are by then

I miss igotid88
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:

No, they won’t. Unless Bill goes with him.

Brilliantati©

Because TB12 plays D too? Got it.

Brilliantati©

And you weren’t in a Super Bowl the following year. Just an FYI. 51 more years to go.

Brilliantati©
    igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:

That all depends on how well the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills are by then

Sexy Rexy back???

Brilliantati©
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

I prefer to say Nick Foles torched them that day...
    Give Peas A Chance…

I prefer to say Nick Foles torched them that day...
    And so St. Nick rode off in his sleigh to be but a footnote in NFL history, a mere sprinkle of luck that his fans will remember and pass on to their third generation of “remember when” 51 years ago TB12 played D too and that pass was up in the air, and an elf caught it and we won? Well, if you close your eyes and leave some cookies and milk out, and go to the Forum on Halloween to see Pearl Jam, you’ll see the eagles win a super bowl too, Johnny.

Brilliantati©
    edited August 2019

Because TB12 plays D too? Got it.
    Ha. That point sailed over your head. 

Back up qb’s are kind of important. Luckily for “fans” like you, your coach understands this. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Some teams have good backups.  
    Some teams don't.
    Backup QB is another pretty sweet job.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Some teams don't.
    Yep ask Chase Daniel, that guy is one of, if not the highest paid and he’s hardly been hit in the NFL.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Losing record in his career before Brady took over
    Some teams don't.
    Yep ask Chase Daniel, that guy is one of, if not the highest paid and he’s hardly been hit in the NFL.
    And, most people think he is better than he probably is.