Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    He looked very slow in his reaction time! Most likely done and I hope he just retires let the Jets fund their way through this with Wilson 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    He looked very slow in his reaction time! Most likely done and I hope he just retires let the Jets fund their way through this with Wilson 
    Yeah I haven’t seen anyone else say this but on the both the play he got injured, and the play before it, he did a three-step drop where the ball needs to come out fast, and he just stood there. Weird. 

That might’ve been the last play of his career. To rehab a ruptured Achilles for a year to come back to the NFL at age 40 doesn’t seem like best move. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The offensive line didn’t even play together in the preseason that’s absurd considering this was his 1st season with the Jets! 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    By far the funniest injury in the history of sports 
    I know it shouldn't be funny. But it's incredibly funny.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,560
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Damn

i got tix jets v cowboys next week while on pj trip

terrible 
    I’ll tell you what…Dak is one of my fantasy QB’s….not playing him against this Jets D. :nuh_uh:
    Who’s the other qb?

gonna be defensive slugfest next week

doinTexas game too

I actually have three….I know, I know.

they all face tough D’s this upcoming week…Dak vs. jets, cousins vs. philly, burrow vs. pittsburgh.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Damn

i got tix jets v cowboys next week while on pj trip

terrible 
    I’ll tell you what…Dak is one of my fantasy QB’s….not playing him against this Jets D. :nuh_uh:
    Who’s the other qb?

gonna be defensive slugfest next week

doinTexas game too

I actually have three….I know, I know.

they all face tough D’s this upcoming week…Dak vs. jets, cousins vs. philly, burrow vs. pittsburgh.
    Bengals play the Ravens, not the Steelers.  Tougher matchup, although at home.  None of your starts look good. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,611
    It will be personally painful for him to rehab his achilles injury but he is loaded and should be able to live a perfectly normal (whatever that is for that guy) life. It's hilarious.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    It will be personally painful for him to rehab his achilles injury but he is loaded and should be able to live a perfectly normal (whatever that is for that guy) life. It's hilarious.
    I thought he was genetically superior? Covid, tendons....just built different for sure.

For me it was how much nonsensical bullshit between the end of the season and now that I was forced to listen/watch just because it was everywhere.

And how bout Green Bay? If I was their org, or a fan, I would be fucking rolling in laughter.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    edited September 2023
    Yeah, it was a monster hype train.  Complete with the eye-rolling image of Rogers running out onto the field with the American flag.  Everyone is sick and tired of this guy and the Jets (already)

I honestly saw some measure of relief on Rogers' face as he was being carted off.  No more work, concussion risk, pressure, and easy money, while nobody could say it was his fault.

The Jets still have a hell of a team, but this blew up in their faces, bad.  Going to waste some years of some amazing rookie deals.  They currently have the best NFL team if we transported to 1975.

The bad part is Josh Allen shit his pants all over the field and between him and suspect coaching, they just handed the game to Wilson and the Jets (same thing happened last season).

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,018
    MayDay10 said:
    Yeah, it was a monster hype train.  Complete with the eye-rolling image of Rogers running out onto the field with the American flag.  Everyone is sick and tired of this guy and the Jets (already)

I honestly saw some measure of relief on Rogers' face as he was being carted off.  No more work, concussion risk, pressure, and easy money, while nobody could say it was his fault.

The Jets still have a hell of a team, but this blew up in their faces, bad.  Going to waste some years of some amazing rookie deals.  They currently have the best NFL team if we transported to 1975.

The bad part is Josh Allen shit his pants all over the field and between him and suspect coaching, they just handed the game to Wilson and the Jets (same thing happened last season).

yeah the flag thing was fucking stupid...way too much hype

I'll admit that I tuned in for the hype factor. I'm rooting for Wilson. The kid will make some mistakes but he just needs time.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    How dare he run out with an American flag on 9/11. What a cringe show. 
  • Options
    Brady is a Jet by the end of the week. 
  • Options
    Good thing the NFL tore whatever schedule they had to shreds and put together this mess so they could shove the Jets and whatever QB down our throats all season.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    MayDay10 said:

Not just stupid, but disrespectful considering Rodgers is a 9/11 Hoax conspiracy nut.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    Maybe the Jets give Carson Wentz a call
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:

Not just stupid, but disrespectful considering Rodgers is a 9/11 Hoax conspiracy nut.
    Wait, he's a 9/11 truther too?  He's a real piece of work. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,901
    mrussel1 said:
    Brady is a Jet by the end of the week. 
    LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Brady looks completely different after his botox/plastic surgery or whatever the fuck happened to his face.

What a vain piece of shit.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    Pretty sad to see so many people happy to see a guy suffer a brutal and most likely career ending injury like that just because they don't like his personal views.  I'm no Rodgers fan but never want to see one of the all time greats go down like that.  Too bad because that Jets D is nasty...now they're stuck with Wilson again.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    I'm not 'happy' so much.  Its just a relief not to have to endure the constant hype machine. 

And its probably the best thing that could have happened for Rogers.  He was going to get his brains scrambled behind that O-Line.  3 drop backs and he got hit all 3 times. 
  • Options
    Yeah I haven’t seen anyone else say this but on the both the play he got injured, and the play before it, he did a three-step drop where the ball needs to come out fast, and he just stood there. Weird. 

That might’ve been the last play of his career. To rehab a ruptured Achilles for a year to come back to the NFL at age 40 doesn’t seem like best move. 
    Yeah I truly believe he’s done! I’m hoping Wilson will come into his own and flourish but this is the Jets, when I saw the play not sure why but it reminded me of the butt fumble 😂😂
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,281
    edited September 2023
    It’s just nuts
    no completions
    no yds passing 
    nada

only happens to Jets, he wasn’t well versed in the curse I guess

still feel for him
  • Options
    Pretty sad to see so many people happy to see a guy suffer a brutal and most likely career ending injury like that just because they don't like his personal views.  I'm no Rodgers fan but never want to see one of the all time greats go down like that.  Too bad because that Jets D is nasty...now they're stuck with Wilson again.
    Have you considered it’s more his personality than his personal views that people don’t like? He comes off as an arrogant self absorbed POS. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    Out for the season 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I don't see anyone being happy....I just see people pointing out what a piece of shit Rodgers is.

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I'm not 'happy' so much.  Its just a relief not to have to endure the constant hype machine. 

And its probably the best thing that could have happened for Rogers.  He was going to get his brains scrambled behind that O-Line.  3 drop backs and he got hit all 3 times. 
    Yeah it was an Andrew Luck line for sure. Luck was smart.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    Poncier said:
    Looks like his Achilles to me.
    D-O-N-E.
    Guess I should have gone to med school.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,513
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Mahomes should sue his receiving corps for non-support.
    Clearly they were never going to pay him what he wanted, but how much different would they have looked Thursday night with Tyreek Hill in the lineup? They could have withstood the loss of Kelce if they still had a weapon like him.
    Now if Kelce is out for any length of time, Mahomes will learn what Tom Brady had to endure in the 2006 season when he was throwing to the likes of Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel and Jabar Gaffney.
       You can’t blow wads of money on a WR and be able to keep the rest of your roster deep.   
    AJ Brown's contract with the Eagles is almost as much as Hill with Miami (and probably something Hill would have taken from KC), and they have the deepest roster in the NFL.

how many championships have the Eagles won with Brown?  How many has KC won without Hill?
    Wasn't really the argument. But yes, the Chiefs barely beat the Eagles by a shirt tug in the one season that meets the criteria you posted.
    You said, "you can't blow a wad of money on a WR and be able to keep the rest of your roster deep", and I supplied an example (and there are others including Miami where Hill now plays) that says otherwise.

How much are they paying Tua?  Give me an example of a team with a QB who's not on a rookie contract.  I also didn't see the Dolphins hoisting the Lombardi trophy last year.  You can underscore KC's championship all you want, but flags fly forever.
    I never underscored KC's title, not sure where you got that and why you have your back up about it. I said that the receivers they have given Mahomes this year are dog shit (last year he still had Juju and Hardiman until he got hurt), reminds me of the 2006 Pats. And once Kelce was lost, it just made that fact much more glaring.

As for the example of a team without a cheap QB:
    Should I mention Philly for the 3rd time?
    Hurts singed a monster extension in the offseason
    His cash is low this year at 24.3 Mil then jumps to 40 Mil next, then 42, then 51 for the next 3. And they have a very high priced WR, what was his name again...oh yeah AJ Brown. And they have the deepest roster in the league, and lost the Superb Owl last year by a shirt tug.

Fine you say you aren't underscoring it, I'm still taking it that way.  How many rings has Philly won now that Hurts has been paid and you have Brown on his deal?  I guess it was a shirt tug away from proving your point.
    Ha, obviously you're just ignoring my main point. I mean look at the first post in this quote chain, all I said was KC's current WRs look bad, how much better would they have looked Thursday with Hill since Kelce was out. You said it wasn't possible to pay a WR that kind of money and still have a deep roster and I replied with a concrete example of a team doing so. I never said anything about last season's title until you asked how many titles the Eagles won with Brown and how many KC won without Hill. I am discussing this season and what I saw last Thursday night, and if I were a Chief's fan, I wouldn't like what I saw.

This will be the first season with Hurts earning big bucks, so we'll see how things shake out. He's no Mahomes, but his supporting cast is much better this season.
     And "I" don't have Brown on his deal, I'm not an Eagles fan, was just using them as an example of how a team could pay a top WR top money and still have a deep talented roster.
    Your Chiefs currently have the best QB in the league by a long shot. The guy will likely end up at minimum a top 5 all time QB if he stays healthy, to me it's a fire-able offense to surround that guy in his absolute prime with the WR corps he has this year. It's the way I felt about what the Pats surrounded Brady with in 2006, in his prime. It was complete crap, and they lost to the Colts in the AFCCG, then retooled the next year with Moss, Welker and Stallworth, allowing prime Brady to have a then historic season. I would think you'd want the Chiefs to give Mahomes some quality receivers, but maybe not.
    Peace.
    I want him to get quality receivers without occupying $25M+ of cap space.  It’s hard to do that in the free agent market.  Plus they have been right up against the cap since 2020.  Next year may be different depending on who they try to resign on the offensive line and on defense.  They have a better roster than they did in Hill’s last season with KC and that’s largely because of the draft capital they got in trading him.  If they had gotten Hill resigned, they would not have been any better than they were in 2021, which was not good enough to get to the Super Bowl.  I’ll admit my statement as a whole in signing receivers is pretty loose and not well thought out.  Usually when I say something like that I’ve got data to back it and honesty I don’t hear.  So I’ll stand down from that statement.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    I think Rodgers views are dumb, yeah, but I'm fine with that - it's supposed to be a free country. But he has acted like a total jackass the past few years (maybe longer and I just didn't know - I used to really enjoy watching him). He is pompous. He played horribly last year. The whole NY hype thing has been shoved down our throats all year. And if it's a "career ending injury" he has had a very long and prosperous career. So yeah, I'm all in on the schadenfreude and I'm not sorry about it at all.

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Looks like his Achilles to me.
    D-O-N-E.
    Guess I should have gone to med school.

Good call