2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Yefa said:
    Fine but people were duct taping down bed sheets and blankets in 2015. Different material, same outcome.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited August 2019
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

Of course some have it worse. I have no major cities anywheres near me so that is part of the problem that I should have mentioned.  All I am saying is it would be nice to get more shows up here. We love them and they seem to love playing here. I am just surprised we do not get more shows. I do not have it as bad as some but all I am saying is Canada is huge. We have plenty of cities that would sell out or be close to it if these guys came. Halifax, Moncton (only 10,000 so never going to happen but Magnetic Hill would get 40,000 plus I am guessing) Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, London, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Also they did not touch the east coast at all in 2013 which I found very odd. 

I can drive to Boston yes and I do but they only get shitty ballpark shows lately.  ;)
    I get what your saying but I still don't see it.   Most of the venues they played in Atlantic Canada in 2005 were fairly small.  7000 to 11000 seat venues.   They don't really have the arena sized venues.  I don't think PJ sells out magnetic hill .  Sometimes PJ's popularity seems big, because they sell out big venues.  A big part of that is how many people travel to the show.  When you're in Wrigley, or Safeco, or whatever, it feels like most people you talk to aren't from those cities.  Everyone travelled in.  What I experience at Pemberton '16, is the die hard PJ fans are much less like to go to far into Canada.

I stand by my original thought.  PJ is playing fewer shows at bigger venues.  The odds of them playing small markets are becoming slimmer.    Yah Canada's huge geographically, but we only have so many cities 1 million+.   There's no NHL size arena's East of Quebec.   The entire population of an atlantic province is smaller than the cities PJ plays.  Smaller than Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal etc...

If PJ decides they only want to play 20 shows, and they call that a big tour.... how many of those shows are going to occur in cities with less than 500k people.

I think in order to see PJ play small markets we need a drastic uptick in the size of the tours.  If we see that, than maybe we seem more small market shows.

I could only imagine what it would be like to see them play in Victoria or anywhere else on this Island.
    I do not see it either but one can dream.

Magnetic Hill absolutely would be a monster show. 40,000 plus. There is no sell out for that venue as far as I know. Stones did 90K, ACDC 70K, U2 66K. The maritimes love Pearl Jam. We flooded the Quebec show. Halifax arena is bigger than the Hampton Coliseum and Moncton would be the same size so it is not a huge stretch to think that they could do a show here. 

That is beside the point though since you are focusing on Atlantic Canada with my post which really was not my main point. I already conceded that I do not live by major cities and that is the main problem I am not getting any shows close to me. I would just love to see them do more in this country. I listed 11 cities that can sell out shows for this band or come close to it. Population does not matter if the sales are there. I am sure everyone here that lives in a country that they play or even do not play hope that they do the same for them. I see how this bands touring is trending lately and know that what I am asking is highly unlikely but still ok to hope for. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

Atlantic Canada Summer 2020 would be my #1 wish for a PJ tour. 

Australia in Nov/Dec 2020 would be #2.

Western USA Fall 2020 would be #3. 

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I’ve sat down low at Red Rocks and way up top. It’s awesome no matter where you are. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    raindog80 said:
    We can now confirm that in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material for their new highly anticipated 11th album.
    Read more: https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-are-in-studio-working-on-a-new-album/

"3.13.18 – Pearl Jam‘s new track from their forthcoming album on Monkeywrench/Republic Records is out now."

lol
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    foodboy said:
    by the way pearl jam opening for pear jam also had solo performances by mike and stone. ed started alone then played with the opening act the pharmacists minus ted leo who for some reason didn't make it across the border.  incredible show. never forget that one.  talk about how the show must go on. pearl jam could have just played an extended show but still included the guys from the opening act. i mean they did come all that way.  
    That was a good time.  I remember being right there in my seats for that.  Was a nice, unique treat.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

Of course some have it worse. I have no major cities anywheres near me so that is part of the problem that I should have mentioned.  All I am saying is it would be nice to get more shows up here. We love them and they seem to love playing here. I am just surprised we do not get more shows. I do not have it as bad as some but all I am saying is Canada is huge. We have plenty of cities that would sell out or be close to it if these guys came. Halifax, Moncton (only 10,000 so never going to happen but Magnetic Hill would get 40,000 plus I am guessing) Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, London, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Also they did not touch the east coast at all in 2013 which I found very odd. 

I can drive to Boston yes and I do but they only get shitty ballpark shows lately.  ;)
    I get what your saying but I still don't see it.   Most of the venues they played in Atlantic Canada in 2005 were fairly small.  7000 to 11000 seat venues.   They don't really have the arena sized venues.  I don't think PJ sells out magnetic hill .  Sometimes PJ's popularity seems big, because they sell out big venues.  A big part of that is how many people travel to the show.  When you're in Wrigley, or Safeco, or whatever, it feels like most people you talk to aren't from those cities.  Everyone travelled in.  What I experience at Pemberton '16, is the die hard PJ fans are much less like to go to far into Canada.

I stand by my original thought.  PJ is playing fewer shows at bigger venues.  The odds of them playing small markets are becoming slimmer.    Yah Canada's huge geographically, but we only have so many cities 1 million+.   There's no NHL size arena's East of Quebec.   The entire population of an atlantic province is smaller than the cities PJ plays.  Smaller than Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal etc...

If PJ decides they only want to play 20 shows, and they call that a big tour.... how many of those shows are going to occur in cities with less than 500k people.

I think in order to see PJ play small markets we need a drastic uptick in the size of the tours.  If we see that, than maybe we seem more small market shows.

I could only imagine what it would be like to see them play in Victoria or anywhere else on this Island.
    I wonder if their carbon footprint has anything to do with it 
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

Zod said:
    PJNB said:

I thought they planted trees to offset that shit
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

That's a real deep comment.  What has a lower carbon footprint.  Making the fans come to you, or moving all your gear/staff from city to city.  If you've got these 50k(ish) stadium shows, and 30000 to 40000 of those fans travelled in.  In a craptonne of seperate airplanes, cars, trains, and boats.  Then use up all those supplies at their hotels.    Isn't that a really big carbon footprint?

Maybe this is our argument to get them to play more dates.  Save the Earth!  Come play in New Brunswick and Vancouver Island :)
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

That's a real deep comment.  What has a lower carbon footprint.  Making the fans come to you, or moving all your gear/staff from city to city.  If you've got these 50k(ish) stadium shows, and 30000 to 40000 of those fans travelled in.  In a craptonne of seperate airplanes, cars, trains, and boats.  Then use up all those supplies at their hotels.    Isn't that a really big carbon footprint?

Maybe this is our argument to get them to play more dates.  Save the Earth!  Come play in New Brunswick and Vancouver Island :)
    Yes I thought about that as well and I don’t have the answer.  I just tried to think the way they might think. It’s probably a simple answer like that’s just how they want it. 
  • JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Red rocks is VERY high up on my lists of venues I would LOVE to go to. Doubt Pearl Jam would play there these days but a boy can dream right? Gonna have to find another band I'd travel to see.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    pjl44 said:
    Yefa said:
    Fine but people were duct taping down bed sheets and blankets in 2015. Different material, same outcome.
    Were they doing it to save space for friends who were not yet inside the venue?  If so that is against Red Rocks rules and staff needs to be told about it.  If it is only to delineate a reasonable amount of space for their group that is already inside the venue then it seems okay.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Yefa said:
    pjl44 said:
    Yefa said:
    Were they doing it to save space for friends who were not yet inside the venue?  If so that is against Red Rocks rules and staff needs to be told about it.  If it is only to delineate a reasonable amount of space for their group that is already inside the venue then it seems okay.
    How could you even tell? It's not like everyone immediately sat down. Most of what I saw was 1 or 2 people spreading out and/or taping down sheets and stuff to grab space. Then they took off to grab merch or drinks or whatever. I have no idea if their friends were in the venue yet and didn't ask.
  • At 9,500 seats, I would say Red Rocks is a long shot.  Mumford and Sons just played three shows at Fiddler's Green south of Denver, which holds 18,000.  Dave Matthews is there now for a several night stand.  If Pearl Jam is going to play an outdoor venue in CO, Fidder's seems more realistic.  People can fight about tarps on the lawn, which is in the back of the venue!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Things got real. 
    Will blow your minds whats coming
    One tip.. Save fuckin money.!! 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Things got real. 
    I love you, man.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    Subtle yet hard hitting at the same time!!!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    Things got real. 
    AustralAsia 2020!?
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Man this is getting exciting!
    Things got real. 

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    Things got real. 
    Thanks bro, always appreciate your input.  Are you able to hint at any locations?  Like anywhere in Canada and U.S 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    D.Frank said:
    Things got real. 
    AustralAsia 2020!?
    Got to be Oz the big man is waiting for that so if hes excited and needs to save money its Oz. Plus its early to hear about Europe or the states for next year but about right for Australia in January or February 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    D.Frank said:
    Things got real. 
    AustralAsia 2020!?
    Got to be Oz the big man is waiting for that so if hes excited and needs to save money its Oz. Plus its early to hear about Europe or the states for next year but about right for Australia in January or February 
    That’s a great point and yes the big man did hint about  Oz much earlier on this thread 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited August 2019
    Things got real. 
    Fingers crossed for us and Canadian dates.   And please play some arenas again!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Things got real. 
    Big, bold, and...expensive?
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Things got real. 
    <3 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Here's the problem, I have money NOW!  Saving is the hard part.  

Although if it's an Aussie tour, that doesn't really move the needle for me as I'd have zero intention of going there anyhow (not that I wouldn't want to, it's just not practical).  But cheers to those who will.  But a decent sized US tour? Yes please!

Here's the part where I text my friends and say 
    "Some PJ tour news coming"
    them - "Nice!  How do you know"
    me - "Well, some guy online mentioned it"  Then I have to go through who Dimi is and how he has some mysterious connections and has been right more often than not in the past.  
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Things got real. 
    Your my hero. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.