2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    demetrios said:
    D.Frank said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.
    But before that: EU!?
    EU?  Hearing no EU shows for 2020. Australian & North American shows in 2020. But again ... rumors from close friends. 
    If they are playing Australia in 2020 that needs to be announced really soon.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    D-Rod said:
    demetrios said:
    D.Frank said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.
    But before that: EU!?
    EU?  Hearing no EU shows for 2020. Australian & North American shows in 2020. But again ... rumors from close friends. 
    If they are playing Australia in 2020 that needs to be announced really soon.  
    I'd guess that window has already closed.  It's already too late to announce Australia in the winter.
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    So theres plans for June. Thats promising, I wonder if those plans include Canada, or at least west coast North America. 
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    JimmyV said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.
    Gotta mean ballparks if true. 
    I’m also wondering if they’ll push the limits and see how big they can go

a show at CenturyLink Field or MetLife stadium wouldn’t shock me
    Was having a conversation/debate this summer with some fellow PJ fans about them doing Gillette. I think they’d be able to do it. Wouldn’t like it (worst traffic and commute imaginable) but they could sell 60k in the Boston area I think.  
    Agreed on all points. They could do it...but I hope they don't.
    I’m not sure about Gillette... the resale wasn’t insane for the last 2 Fenway shows.  

If they test the waters for a football stadium, I would think they would only attempt Seattle or New York for now
    They would sell out any football stadium in any city no problem.  Bring it!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    jefft said:
    JimmyV said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.

Was having a conversation/debate this summer with some fellow PJ fans about them doing Gillette. I think they’d be able to do it. Wouldn’t like it (worst traffic and commute imaginable) but they could sell 60k in the Boston area I think.  
    I’m not sure about Gillette... the resale wasn’t insane for the last 2 Fenway shows.  

If they test the waters for a football stadium, I would think they would only attempt Seattle or New York for now
    They would sell out any football stadium in any city no problem.  Bring it!
    I'm not quite so sure.   It would also depend on how many of them they did.   PJ fills big venues by playing fewer shows and having their fans migrate to the shows.   If they're only playing a handful of dates, then yah, stadiums they could sell out.   A decent sized tour where people don't have to travel as much.. it would be pretty hard to sell out football stadiums in smaller markets.

The problem is that it's pretty hard to judge PJ's popularity because of the way they tour.  The shows are infrequent, and so many people travel, that you don't really know what local ticket demand is like.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.
     no usa summer is booked at this moment.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.
    Now, thats an answer! Thanks!
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    What about those pictures of the Copenhagen and Stockholm arenas?

So far only silence but a quick no for Helsinki ;)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 480
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.
    Thanks Dimi! :-)

mrk2 said:

Well, there was this guy over at reddit talking about 12 dates including Stockholm, Bologna and London. I don‘t know if it‘s legit. But I have no reason to mistrust, especially with Imola / Bologna matching with other sources.
    I told u to save money for next year... U gonna need em. 
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    JackD. said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.

mrk2 said:

Well, there was this guy over at reddit talking about 12 dates including Stockholm, Bologna and London. I don‘t know if it‘s legit. But I have no reason to mistrust, especially with Imola / Bologna matching with other sources.
    What other sources? I am out of the loop here I think. 
  • I told u to save money for next year... U gonna need em. 
    Dimitris, any hint of time of year for US dates?
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Krones?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    Dimitris, any hint of time of year for US dates?
     If u ask me I'm sure pj have a plan to  do  usa tour 
    But I don't have secure info when, how many, shows,  where etc 
    The plan is different thing than done deal and booked tour 
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.

mrk2 said:

PJ Online. Italian fanpage over at twitter. They said their source is independent (not Dimi) and it‘s the only city they heard of. So that guy on reddit seems to have a different source. I know. Pretty weak. But still no reason to mistrust so far. I‘m just reading between the lines.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.

People used to say the same thing about Fenway. For years there were doubts on here that they could sell it out. Those shows all sold out in minutes.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    So its gonna be europe next summer? 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Still holding out hope that some year soon we will get a U.S. summer tour.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited October 2019
    JimmyV said:
    Still holding out hope that some year soon we will get a U.S. summer tour.
    Last night my wife told me she wants to travel to a few U.S. pj shows next year; bring on some tour dates!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    JackD. said:
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.

mrk2 said:

PJ Online. Italian fanpage over at twitter. They said their source is independent (not Dimi) and it‘s the only city they heard of. So that guy on reddit seems to have a different source. I know. Pretty weak. But still no reason to mistrust so far. I‘m just reading between the lines.
    Can someone just post the reddit rumor in this thread please.
    CopperTom said:
    JackD. said:
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.

mrk2 said:

Has been before, but glad to post it again:

„ The EU tour will be 12 cities, London (in July), Stockholm and Bologna the ones I know for sure, the album will come out April/May, the delay is due to the vinyl pressing delayed longer than expected.“

There‘s a Lollapalooza in Stockholm btw. Last edition was on the last weekend in June. Just saying.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Cool to see some discussion again.  Even if no confirmations.   I wish it will all get announced at one time.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    JackD. said:

„ The EU tour will be 12 cities, London (in July), Stockholm and Bologna the ones I know for sure, the album will come out April/May, the delay is due to the vinyl pressing delayed longer than expected.“

Whether it is a couple weeks or a couple months from now it will be great to get some shows on the calendar.  
    JackD. said:
    CopperTom said:
    JackD. said:
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.

mrk2 said:

Has been before, but glad to post it again:

There‘s a Lollapalooza in Stockholm btw. Last edition was on the last weekend in June. Just saying.
    Thanks!  London in July would work out perfectly!  I definitely don't believe the blurb about the vinyl pressing, however. 
  • I doubt the delay for the album is due to vinyl pressing. I’m sure mike can press them or even call jack white and have the records pressed at his third man plant
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Third Man pressings are awesome. Would love for future releases to all be from Third man records. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • spunky666spunky666 Posts: 19
    edited October 2019
    Ziggo Dome Amsterdam? Or bigger shows this time? :-)
    spunky666 said:
    Ziggo Dome Amsterdam? Or bigger shows this time? :-)
    Hopefully arenas.   
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    verceman said:
    Summer US tour.

People used to say the same thing about Fenway. For years there were doubts on here that they could sell it out. Those shows all sold out in minutes.

Dont forget Grand Canyon. They can easily sell out the South Rim and Grand Canyon Skywalk.

From the looks of it the projection screens will need to go below the stage. At least there's plenty of room for big screens at this venue.