2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    rummy said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:
    I'd like to see some eastern cities they haven't played since 2003-2006 get shows, like Albany and Saratoga. They haven't been back to Montreal since 2011. 

Heck, they've barely been to CANADA since 2011.
    Not entirely true.  They played Pemberton (Vancouver), Quebec City, Toronto and Ottawa.   Other then the odd band that does a full blown Canadian tour that's fairly average.  BC, Ontario, and Quebec :)
    In 8 years they have done 7 shows in Canada and only visited 2 out of those 8 years. I would say they have barely been to Canada with those numbers by Pearl Jam standards. 
    Don't forget about London (which happens since no official bootleg).
    Damn forgot about that one. It was going to be my first PJ show too but could not get work off. Awesome show from friends that went to it. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    PJNB said:
    rummy said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:
    I'd like to see some eastern cities they haven't played since 2003-2006 get shows, like Albany and Saratoga. They haven't been back to Montreal since 2011. 

Not entirely true.  They played Pemberton (Vancouver), Quebec City, Toronto and Ottawa.   Other then the odd band that does a full blown Canadian tour that's fairly average.  BC, Ontario, and Quebec :)
    In 8 years they have done 7 shows in Canada and only visited 2 out of those 8 years. I would say they have barely been to Canada with those numbers by Pearl Jam standards. 
    Don't forget about London (which happens since no official bootleg).
    Damn forgot about that one. It was going to be my first PJ show too but could not get work off. Awesome show from friends that went to it. 
    London 2013 was my first PJ show! Far from my last though.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    JimmyV said:
    Speaking of Canada, today is the ten year anniversary of my favorite Canadian show. Pearl Jam opens for Pearl Jam. What a great night!

http://www.livefootsteps.org/setlist/?show_id=816

https://youtu.be/KIC5I20a7XA

That was amazing! I was in and sitting and then he started and the amount of people that were not in was crazy,but once they figured it out it was a stampede to the grass and seats.  
    Still one of favorite shows was at the amphitheatre when they were doing there encore and fireworks were going off.  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

Barely? They played 5 shows in CANADA in 2016.

Extrapolating population, that's equivalent to 50 US shows in one year.

In the last 27 years...Thats happened ONLY twice, in 1998 and 2003.

So not bad CANADA, getting more shows than US, with respect to population. 
    Population has nothing to do with it though imo since they will always have great sales with shows here. Canada is the second biggest country in the world. I am Canadian and a show in Vancouver is a 54 hour drive away from me. Is that a home show? From 2012 to 2019 I have had 1 show that was a 7hr drive from me and that was the closest. 

Yes Canada is a great vast nation, but with PJ it's about limited access to tickets 

Within a 4 hour drive of my home market we have the approximate population of Canada and Australia combined.

Although they play NYC more than other places (other than Bos & Chi) the demand for tickets here and  lack of ticket availability is unrivaled by any other market.

But hey, Montreal is not that far! 
  • pjl44 said:
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Red rocks is a bucket list venue for me. Would make the trip if PJ played there. Plus legal weed. Just like California. No withdrawal for me. Lol
    Beautiful venue but if I'm ever back no way am I dealing with GA again
    That whole place is essentially GA.  No seats, no security.
    I've had friends buy in the reserved section and not report any weirdness. Have you experienced something else?
    It's very chill, but almost to a fault. There are no seats, it's just stone steps with seat numbers written on them, so by the end, everybody has funneled down. If someone pays a premium for a ticket in the front 10 rows and expects to have their own reserved space without infringement, it could get rough.
    The one show I went to there, the reserved section was like 1/3 of the way up. Everything in front and behind was GA.

There was the usual GA horseshit with early lineups and people cutting in last minute. Then we get in and people start laying out giant sheets and blankets and duct taping them to the benches to claim space for all their friends. Fuuuuuuuuuck that. Fun to go once...glad it's not my local...that shit would drive me crazy.
    I was there for MMJ a few weeks ago and can confirm this. GA is a nightmare due to the way it's set up with the benches. If it was a lawn with the same square footage there would be plenty of room for everyone. Definitely worth going, but get an assigned seat even if it's up high - the higher you go the better the scenery, so it's a nice trade-off.
    MMJ for me, too, but 2015
    I was there for MMJ 2016 and found the same. Very chill but too much. No security, everyone spread out everywhere. They should definitely be a little more strict. It’s a destination spot. It’s a shame that the seating aspect is annoying. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jefft said:
    JimmyV said:
    Speaking of Canada, today is the ten year anniversary of my favorite Canadian show. Pearl Jam opens for Pearl Jam. What a great night!

That was amazing! I was in and sitting and then he started and the amount of people that were not in was crazy,but once they figured it out it was a stampede to the grass and seats.  
    Still one of favorite shows was at the amphitheatre when they were doing there encore and fireworks were going off.  
    was the "opener" on the bootleg?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    jefft said:
    JimmyV said:

was the "opener" on the bootleg?
    Sadly no. It starts with Of The Girl.

But there are some good YouTube videos out there.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Yefa said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Red rocks is a bucket list venue for me. Would make the trip if PJ played there. Plus legal weed. Just like California. No withdrawal for me. Lol
    I've had friends buy in the reserved section and not report any weirdness. Have you experienced something else?
    It's very chill, but almost to a fault. There are no seats, it's just stone steps with seat numbers written on them, so by the end, everybody has funneled down. If someone pays a premium for a ticket in the front 10 rows and expects to have their own reserved space without infringement, it could get rough.
    https://youtu.be/SgQ-IyK4RAs
    Red Rocks banned tarps some time ago.
     In Berlin it was all GA and i saw none of that happening.

Well, that's good to hear they banned tarps.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    cutz said:
    Yefa said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I've been to about a thousand shows over 20ish years and have never seen anything like it 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjl44 said:
    cutz said:
    Yefa said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I've been to about a thousand shows over 20ish years and have never seen anything like it 
    what the fuck is this? why is everyone with a tarp and acting like a crazy person? to save their seats?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Let's hope the "plans" are not just drinks and dinner next Thursday. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    edited August 2019
    PJNB said:

Population has nothing to do with it though imo since they will always have great sales with shows here. Canada is the second biggest country in the world. I am Canadian and a show in Vancouver is a 54 hour drive away from me. Is that a home show? From 2012 to 2019 I have had 1 show that was a 7hr drive from me and that was the closest. 
    Population has a lot to do with it.   Cities with bigger populations are more likely to have bigger venues, allow them to reach more fans, and have an easier time selling out concerts (given 20k seat arena's or 50k+ seat stadiums), and sell more tickets.   If you're only going to play X amount of shows, these things are really important when choosing the places. 

I live in Victoria.  Vancouver Island has pretty much the same population as the province of New Brunswick.   My particular city (if you count the larger area) has 350k people.   Our best biggest indoor venue is our arena used for WHL hockey.  I think if you sell the whole thing including the tickets behind the stage it's something like 6800 to 7000 tickets.   I think that's fairly comparable to the Moncton Coliseum.  That's enough to attract mid level bands.  Bands on the way up, bands on the way down, artists that broke free for solo careers, or bands that tour too much.   It's not big enough to attract bands that can sell out 20k NHL/NBA Arenas or 50k+ Stadiums.  I hold no hope that PJ would ever play here.  I know we're a small market.  I've grown up used to this.  Any big show I wanted to see I've always had to travel to Vancouver or Seattle.  Vancouver is 3.5 to 4 hours away.  Seattle is 5 to 6 hours away.  I always have to travel.    It's small market economics.

I guess I feel at this point there's a million places PJ don't play and ahandful of places they do.   Most fans are traveling these days.  I feel I've got it pretty good with Seattle/Vancouver being my cities in travelling proximity.   Still, when you live in a smaller place, with less people, you get less shows.   Its a way of life.  It's the downside of not living in a megatropolis.   I thought most of use had resided to this.  I feel way worse for the fans that don't live in North/South America or Europe.   Those fans never get PJ shows that are in travel distance.  

I don't think you have it that bad.  You only mentioned the 7 hour show which I'm guessing was Quebec City.   If you went south it's maybe 8 hours from New Brunswick to Boston?  So that's really 5 shows in travel distance in the past 3 or so years.   That's way better than many of our fellow PJ fans (anyone who doesn't live in North/South America or Europe).  My shows are a bit closer but I've only had 3 shows in less than a 12 hour drive to me (Pemberton 16, Seattle 2018) in the same span of time.  I don't really feel slighted they don't come to Victoria.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Didn’t we take a survey about how far we’d travel and what kind of material we liked for our shirts? Maybe our answers helped determine distance (along with size, availability, etc.). I’m probly way off..
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    kst said:
    Montreal is overdue.
    YES
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • You all are right about Red Rocks...if PJ does play here, you'd all just better steer clear...it's so not worth it...    ;)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    You all are right about Red Rocks...if PJ does play here, you'd all just better steer clear...it's so not worth it...    ;)
    Same with msg and Philly.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

Population has a lot to do with it.   Cities with bigger populations are more likely to have bigger venues, allow them to reach more fans, and have an easier time selling out concerts (given 20k seat arena's or 50k+ seat stadiums), and sell more tickets.   If you're only going to play X amount of shows, these things are really important when choosing the places. 

I live in Victoria.  Vancouver Island has pretty much the same population as the province of New Brunswick.   My particular city (if you count the larger area) has 350k people.   Our best biggest indoor venue is our arena used for WHL hockey.  I think if you sell the whole thing including the tickets behind the stage it's something like 6800 to 7000 tickets.   I think that's fairly comparable to the Moncton Coliseum.  That's enough to attract mid level bands.  Bands on the way up, bands on the way down, artists that broke free for solo careers, or bands that tour too much.   It's not big enough to attract bands that can sell out 20k NHL/NBA Arenas or 50k+ Stadiums.  I hold no hope that PJ would ever play here.  I know we're a small market.  I've grown up used to this.  Any big show I wanted to see I've always had to travel to Vancouver or Seattle.  Vancouver is 3.5 to 4 hours away.  Seattle is 5 to 6 hours away.  I always have to travel.    It's small market economics.

I guess I feel at this point there's a million places PJ don't play and ahandful of places they do.   Most fans are traveling these days.  I feel I've got it pretty good with Seattle/Vancouver being my cities in travelling proximity.   Still, when you live in a smaller place, with less people, you get less shows.   Its a way of life.  It's the downside of not living in a megatropolis.   I thought most of use had resided to this.  I feel way worse for the fans that don't live in North/South America or Europe.   Those fans never get PJ shows that are in travel distance.  

I don't think you have it that bad.  You only mentioned the 7 hour show which I'm guessing was Quebec City.   If you went south it's maybe 8 hours from New Brunswick to Boston?  So that's really 5 shows in travel distance in the past 3 or so years.   That's way better than many of our fellow PJ fans (anyone who doesn't live in North/South America or Europe).  My shows are a bit closer but I've only had 3 shows in less than a 12 hour drive to me (Pemberton 16, Seattle 2018) in the same span of time.  I don't really feel slighted they don't come to Victoria.
    Of course some have it worse. I have no major cities anywheres near me so that is part of the problem that I should have mentioned.  All I am saying is it would be nice to get more shows up here. We love them and they seem to love playing here. I am just surprised we do not get more shows. I do not have it as bad as some but all I am saying is Canada is huge. We have plenty of cities that would sell out or be close to it if these guys came. Halifax, Moncton (only 10,000 so never going to happen but Magnetic Hill would get 40,000 plus I am guessing) Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, London, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Also they did not touch the east coast at all in 2013 which I found very odd. 

I can drive to Boston yes and I do but they only get shitty ballpark shows lately.  ;)
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481

I think it also entails a movie. All on new year’s day.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379

I think the plans are Stone’s Labor Day weekend barbecue.  Matt is flipping burgers. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Maybe he’s working security at Ohana.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765

That comment was on Alt nation about 2 weeks ago 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    D-Rod said:

That comment was on Alt nation about 2 weeks ago 
    BAHAHA
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    cutz said:
    Yefa said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

They banned tarps after that video was made.  That video was made years ago.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    edited August 2019
    I have been to 13 shows at Red Rocks and the only seating issue I had was at a Widespread Panic show when a guy in a St Louis Cardinals jersey came and stood in front of me toward the end of set break.  Guy didn't want to leave after the band started 2nd set but I made it very clear to him that he could not remain in front of me.
    I have had both GA and Reserved tickets at Red Rocks.
    Post edited by Yefa on
    - Al Swearengen

edited August 2019
    - Al Swearengen

• foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    by the way pearl jam opening for pear jam also had solo performances by mike and stone. ed started alone then played with the opening act the pharmacists minus ted leo who for some reason didn't make it across the border.  incredible show. never forget that one.  talk about how the show must go on. pearl jam could have just played an extended show but still included the guys from the opening act. i mean they did come all that way.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    edited August 2019
    PJNB said:

Of course some have it worse. I have no major cities anywheres near me so that is part of the problem that I should have mentioned.  All I am saying is it would be nice to get more shows up here. We love them and they seem to love playing here. I am just surprised we do not get more shows. I do not have it as bad as some but all I am saying is Canada is huge. We have plenty of cities that would sell out or be close to it if these guys came. Halifax, Moncton (only 10,000 so never going to happen but Magnetic Hill would get 40,000 plus I am guessing) Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, London, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Also they did not touch the east coast at all in 2013 which I found very odd. 

I can drive to Boston yes and I do but they only get shitty ballpark shows lately.  ;)
    I get what your saying but I still don't see it.   Most of the venues they played in Atlantic Canada in 2005 were fairly small.  7000 to 11000 seat venues.   They don't really have the arena sized venues.  I don't think PJ sells out magnetic hill .  Sometimes PJ's popularity seems big, because they sell out big venues.  A big part of that is how many people travel to the show.  When you're in Wrigley, or Safeco, or whatever, it feels like most people you talk to aren't from those cities.  Everyone travelled in.  What I experience at Pemberton '16, is the die hard PJ fans are much less like to go to far into Canada.

I stand by my original thought.  PJ is playing fewer shows at bigger venues.  The odds of them playing small markets are becoming slimmer.    Yah Canada's huge geographically, but we only have so many cities 1 million+.   There's no NHL size arena's East of Quebec.   The entire population of an atlantic province is smaller than the cities PJ plays.  Smaller than Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal etc...

If PJ decides they only want to play 20 shows, and they call that a big tour.... how many of those shows are going to occur in cities with less than 500k people.

I think in order to see PJ play small markets we need a drastic uptick in the size of the tours.  If we see that, than maybe we seem more small market shows.

I could only imagine what it would be like to see them play in Victoria or anywhere else on this Island.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited August 2019
    Looks like both Matt and Mike were on stage with Cheap Trick tonight (Matt's instagram, Mike's twitter). Seems like they are all finally in Seattle at least and hanging out together (Rolling Stones show a couple weeks ago too). 

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    We can now confirm that in these days the band is rehearsing in Seattle some new material for their new highly anticipated 11th album.
    Read more: https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-are-in-studio-working-on-a-new-album/
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it