2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    pulling69 said:
    Yeah.  Indiana is not voting blue no matter how many times PJ plays there.
    Do we really still think pj plans tours based on politics vs how much $ they'll make?
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    edited October 2019
    Out of sheer boredom during a 12 hour midnight shift, I thought to make a list of acts that COULD sell out ND Stadium. And acts that ND Stadium would have perform there. I even think a few of these would be stretches. This does NOT take into account any currently scheduled tours or anything (except Metallica not touring with James' ongoing battle). For all I know, Elton John will have completed his farewell tour and the RHCP could be in Europe next summer

U2 - makes sense though I'm not a big fan
    Rolling Stones 
    Paul McCartney 
    Billy Joel
    Elton John
    RHCP 
    Pearl Jam 
    Foo Fighters 
    Kenny Chesney/Luke Bryan/Jason Aldean
    Beyonce
    Taylor Swift 

Any other realistic possibilities? At this time, I would guess: T Swizzle (U2 and the 3 country guys being next in line). Hope it's not of these 3 options though.

Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    Out of sheer boredom during a 12 hour midnight shift, I thought to make a list of acts that COULD sell out ND Stadium. And acts that ND Stadium would have perform there. I even think a few of these would be stretches. This does NOT take into account any currently scheduled tours or anything (except Metallica not touring with James' ongoing battle). For all I know, Elton John will have completed his farewell tour and the RHCP could be in Europe next summer

Rolling Stones 
    Paul McCartney 
    Billy Joel
    Elton John
    RHCP 
    Pearl Jam 
    Foo Fighters 
    Beyonce
    Taylor Swift 

Any other realistic possibilities? At this time, I would guess: T Swizzle (U2 and the 3 country guys being next in line). Hope it's not of these 3 options though.

Billie Eilish just sold out 100% of US shows and most SA and Europe shows on her Arena and stadium tour in 72 hours.... so she would have to be in the mix as well
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    At this time, I would guess: T Swizzle (U2 and the 3 country guys being next in line). Hope it's not of these 3 options though.
    I think U2 is done for a while after this Asia Joshua Tree tour. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • I hope ND stadium is not PJ.  Nothing against ND but a football stadium would be considerably worse than a baseball stadium.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dmb and phish could sell out nd stadium.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    If they are going to play stadiums then old venues with history are the best choices. This could be cool.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    At this time, I would guess: T Swizzle (U2 and the 3 country guys being next in line). Hope it's not of these 3 options though.
    Correct! No tour plans after Mumbai 12/15.

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited October 2019
    Throw Coldplay in the mix. 

Coldplay are rumoured to return with the release of 2 new albums, one in November and the second in 2020.
    “The first album is the more experimental side of Coldplay, they probably won’t tour until 2020 when the next one arrives.”

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    hihobibo said:
    Metallica countdown clock ends at 1p.m. ET. ND announcement is at 10a.m. ET.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Maybe Metallica’s announcement is the full tour.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    dmb and phish could sell out nd stadium.
    I agree, though I couldn't see Phish bringing the type of crowd that ND would want. Not until concerts are the new norm for the venue/area. Just as ND did with Garth Brooks last year, I would think their first several shows will consist of extremely big names that bring safe crowds. Once everyone (the old fashioned "get off my lawn" types) is used to concerts being hosted at ND stadium, I project they will begin to open their minds to different crowds.

I could also see acts like Billie Eillish and Drake selling out the joint, but I just don't see ND going in that direction quite yet. 

Rolling Stones 
    Paul McCartney 
    Billy Joel
    Elton John
    RHCP 
    Pearl Jam 
    Foo Fighters 
    Kenny Chesney/Luke Bryan/JasonAldean
    Beyonce
    Taylor Swift 
    DMB

Unlikely chance:
    Billie Eilish
    Phish
    Drake
    Coldplay 

Any other realistic possibilities? At this time, I would guess: T Swizzle 

***Updated to add DMB and the "unlikely chance" section.

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    D.Frank said:
    Correct! No tour plans after Mumbai 12/15.

Looking forward to the Achtung Baby anniversary tour hopefully in 2021
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Thought it had something to do with the S&M 2 movies and possible release 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited October 2019

Rolling Stones 
    Paul McCartney 
    Billy Joel
    Elton John
    RHCP 
    Pearl Jam 
    Foo Fighters 
    Beyonce
    Taylor Swift 
    DMB

Unlikely chance:
    Billie Eilish
    Phish
    Drake
    Coldplay 

I think you can put Pearl Jam in the unlikely section as well. 85,000 fans is a stretch for them. Also where are we getting the hype from for this. The simple fact it is a concert announcement? A cool venue? 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Thought it had something to do with the S&M 2 movies and possible release 
    Maybe but that’s not a surprise. The movie was announced weeks ago. 
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band certainly sell out stadiums in Europe. 

Knowing Pearl Jam dates would be very helpful in planning the year! 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    Slane castle 2020 will be announced soon. PJ would fill it. 80k

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454

Rolling Stones 
    Paul McCartney 
    Billy Joel
    Elton John
    RHCP 
    Pearl Jam 
    Foo Fighters 
    Beyonce
    Taylor Swift 

Iron Maiden. I’m sure the priests would love some OG Eddy!!
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    eboweddie said:
    Slane castle 2020 will be announced soon. PJ would fill it. 80k
    Think that would be wishfull thinking to fill slane. Hopefully If we are lucky to get a show, its not slane, most overrated venue. Horrilbe place to get in and out off.
    Kearnsy
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    Amen to that. A complete nightmare.  I'd take any show in Dublin.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377

Rolling Stones 
    Paul McCartney 
    Billy Joel
    Elton John
    RHCP 
    Pearl Jam 
    Foo Fighters 
    Beyonce
    Taylor Swift 
    DMB

Unlikely chance:
    Billie Eilish
    Phish
    Drake
    Coldplay 

An R.E.M. reunion show would sell it out.  As would, of course a Led Zep but those go under "unlikely chance."

Don't sleep on Ed Sheeran as he's had successful tours over the past 2 years.  As have Bieber, but guessing it's not them, either.

Maybe a Guns n Roses show with even more original members?

I'd say either Kenny Chesney or Taylor would be the most logical, but I can see the Stones playing there, too.

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    eboweddie said:
    Amen to that. A complete nightmare.  I'd take any show in Dublin.  
    Agreed, for me I have to travel through slane to get to dublin, but slane is just an awful venue. Would love the Aviva with 50k which would be more realistic to fill. 
    Kearnsy
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    hasn't Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish already announced their tours? As well Metalica just announced they are done for now. 
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Maybe Jay Z and Justin Timberlake joint show?
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    I’m guessing Notre Dame won’t book an act that openly supports Planned Parenthood. I’m going with country music. 
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11