2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• kdiddykdiddy Posts: 733
    edited August 2019
    jwhjr17 said:
    I was made aware of a "Marketing meeting" regarding Pearl Jam at a location in MN last week by a friend of mine.  Unfortunately he wasn't attending it, but it points to something in the works I'm guessing.
    Iiiinteresting. They had an exclusive with Target for Backspacer.. are they at it again? Does your friend work at Target HQ? I do but I don't have anyone on the music team.. hmmmmmm
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    As long as they play a show in Minnesota, I would be happy.  356 pages and closing in on 11,000 responses. :-)
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/171885/the-play-minnesota-thread/p1
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    kdiddy said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    I was made aware of a "Marketing meeting" regarding Pearl Jam at a location in MN last week by a friend of mine.  Unfortunately he wasn't attending it, but it points to something in the works I'm guessing.
    Iiiinteresting. They had an exclusive with Target for Backspacer.. are they at it again? Does your friend work at Target HQ? I do but I don't have anyone on the music team.. hmmmmmm
    Works for a completely unrelated company to anything entertainment.  The room they were in had the meeting listed next.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    jwhjr17 said:
    kdiddy said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Works for a completely unrelated company to anything entertainment.  The room they were in had the meeting listed next.
    Now that is a classic source for a rumor! Love it!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    jwhjr17 said:
    kdiddy said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    He should have done a George Costanza and left a briefcase behind with a recorder going in it.  And then came back later to retrieve the “forgotten” briefcase.  

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:
    I think they will spread out at least to some swing states leading up to Trump's re-election. :o
    Sounds good for me. Hit up the same 4 cities from 2016!

Image result for florida voting map results
    This map also describes the parts of Florida that contribute to the economy vs. the red ones that don't.
    I'm not a registered voter and dropped social media a few years back to distance myself from all of the political banter, but the ignorance of this comment amazes me. The 2 party system is a joke and only creates this way of thinking. If you believe that one side over the other has our best interests in mind then you are doing exactly what they want you to do, picking a side and creating division. People cheer for their political party as if it was their favorite sports team. I wish people would wake up and see we are more alike than different, but when I see the brain washing our society imposes on itself by only rooting for their "side" it doesn't look very promising. I'll hope for a path towards unity in 2020, because our streets are overflowing with political sheep. A Pearl Jam tour would be icing on the cake. Peace and love.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:
    I think they will spread out at least to some swing states leading up to Trump's re-election. :o

This map also describes the parts of Florida that contribute to the economy vs. the red ones that don't.
    I'm not a registered voter and dropped social media a few years back to distance myself from all of the political banter, but the ignorance of this comment amazes me. The 2 party system is a joke and only creates this way of thinking. If you believe that one side over the other has our best interests in mind then you are doing exactly what they want you to do, picking a side and creating division. People cheer for their political party as if it was their favorite sports team. I wish people would wake up and see we are more alike than different, but when I see the brain washing our society imposes on itself by only rooting for their "side" it doesn't look very promising. I'll hope for a path towards unity in 2020, because our streets are overflowing with political sheep. A Pearl Jam tour would be icing on the cake. Peace and love.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

Both sides lol
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    eboweddie said:
    A shut mouth catches no flies!!!! :)
    We're all already caught, and he freaking knows it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

Contributions to the Florida economy increased each year of the study, from $4.2 billion in 2015 to $4.4 billion in 2017. ... With a population of approximately 75,000 residents, the Florida Keys annually receive about three million overnight vacationers and more than 400,000 day visitors.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited August 2019
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

False equivalency is what got us a reality show Bond villain cartoon character as President of the US, and a scheming, unbending turtle monster as the second most powerful person.  

I'm not a democrat, and there are major faults within that party, but come on. 

*Not that I necessarily agree with the statement in question without data 
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    jwhjr17 said:
    kdiddy said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Holy shit that's cool. I would've pulled a Costanza and "forgotten" my phone in the room. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    MayDay10 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

False equivalency is what got us a reality show Bond villain cartoon character as President of the US, and a scheming, unbending turtle monster as the second most powerful person.  

I would lay more blame at the feet of a very thin Democrat primary field that resulted in a very unpopular candidate who ran a very flawed campaign. Rather than blaming a logical fallacy anyway. 
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

I would lay more blame at the feet of a very thin Democrat primary field that resulted in a very unpopular candidate who ran a very flawed campaign. Rather than blaming a logical fallacy anyway. 

How about blaming the mess on the citizens of a country who can dismiss out of hand someone who might be the best candidate because of his sexual preference 

#itsusnotthem
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

"Cut and divide it all right in two"
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

How about blaming the mess on the citizens of a country who can dismiss out of hand someone who might be the best candidate because of his sexual preference 

#itsusnotthem
    Are you talking about Buttigieg?
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

#itsusnotthem

Yep. Most ppl I know who are not into politics all say the same thing about him:

"Mayor Pete seems to be very smart and a great communicator but the country is not ready to see potus kiss a man."

And I live in a top 5 blue state.
  • fl247556fl247556 Posts: 266
    Australi .. ha! ?
    Americ .. ha!?
    Canad .. ha!?
    Europ .. ha?!
    Asi .. ha!?
    South americ ..  ha!?

freddie vedder
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

#itsusnotthem

Yep. Most ppl I know who are not into politics all say the same thing about him:

"Mayor Pete seems to be very smart and a great communicator but the country is not ready to see potus kiss a man."

Man, I don't know. He's doing pretty well, relatively. Consistently polling top 4 or 5. And this is a guy no one knew a year ago who is mayor of a mid-ish sized city. Not sure how to address these people you're speaking with but consider that the only people polling ahead of him are:

Former VP
    US Senator and primary runner-up in 2016
    US Senator 
    US Senator 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Quick, somebody make up a rumor and save us from the politics. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

#itsusnotthem

Man, I don't know. He's doing pretty well, relatively. Consistently polling top 4 or 5. And this is a guy no one knew a year ago who is mayor of a mid-ish sized city. Not sure how to address these people you're speaking with but consider that the only people polling ahead of him are:

Former VP
    US Senator and primary runner-up in 2016
    US Senator 
    US Senator 
    Exactly. I think he's great, and some may think the country isn't ready, but I would've never bet that we were ready to elect a minority POTUS either by I was thrilled to be proven wrong. JFC, that was only 11 years ago. Hard to believe. 

As far as the "both sides" nonsense goes...one side is actively trying to destroy democracy (voter suppression, destruction of norms and separation of powers, in bed with the enemy) and the other side is fighting for these things as well as health care, education, environment and opportunity equality, but both sides are the same?

Give me a break. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    JimmyV said:
    Red Rocks and The Gorge need to happen. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Red Rocks and The Gorge need to happen. 
    Why the Gorge hasn't happened since 2006 is a mystery that may never be solved.

• RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Atlanta needs to happen as well.   One show since 2003 and it was a festival!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    RT85129 said:
    Atlanta needs to happen as well.   One show since 2003 and it was a festival!
    Same for Houston. I hope those cities that have missed out for a long time all get shows.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    New York and philly as well. Three years plus is a long time.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    FFS...18 new messages and 15 are political. Did this thread get secretly moved to AMT? 

So, how about those PEARL JAM TOUR rumors? 
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thoughts and prayers for New York and Philly.  ;)

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    mcgruff10 said:
    Aside from my destination shows wishlist those two are at the top of my list that I want to make. I would love to follow them around and do a whole east coast tour but you and I know that isn't happening lol. 
    I'd like to see some eastern cities they haven't played since 2003-2006 get shows, like Albany and Saratoga. They haven't been back to Montreal since 2011.