Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Kearn5y said:
    **ACTUAL RUMOR**
    According to our sources, Pearl Jam could play at the Imola racetrack in June to present the songs of the new album coming out in May 2020. The possible date in Imola , the only planned in our country, should be part of a tour European consists of a dozen concerts to be held in large spaces - https://www.pearljamonline.it/rumors-pearl-jam-dal-vivo-a-imola-nel-2020-con-il-nuovo-album/

Yee, Italy again. My god, happy about a possible tour but please play some of the other countries of europe that are always missed
    Only 1 Italy show is less than usual.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    CopperTom said:
    Kearn5y said:
    **ACTUAL RUMOR**
    According to our sources, Pearl Jam could play at the Imola racetrack in June to present the songs of the new album coming out in May 2020. The possible date in Imola , the only planned in our country, should be part of a tour European consists of a dozen concerts to be held in large spaces - https://www.pearljamonline.it/rumors-pearl-jam-dal-vivo-a-imola-nel-2020-con-il-nuovo-album/

Yee, Italy again. My god, happy about a possible tour but please play some of the other countries of europe that are always missed
    In 2010, they played just one show (in Venezia) for Backspacer Tour. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 96
    raindog80 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Kearn5y said:
    **ACTUAL RUMOR**

Is there a chance this follows the same path as the Backspacer tour with the US in May (along with new album), EU in June/July?
  • Options
    HoldeIN said:
    raindog80 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Kearn5y said:
    **ACTUAL RUMOR**

Is there a chance this follows the same path as the Backspacer tour with the US in May (along with new album), EU in June/July?
    Don't know man. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,777
    No way they are headed to Europe again next year and no way when they do they are doing 1 Italy stop. Way too much to do in NA first and these guys do not play enough shows in a year to allow both. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,898
    My god play the us and canada!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    FOR THE LOVE OF MCGRUFF, FUCKING PLAY CANADA. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    For the love of all things holy, play SOMEWHERE!
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Play anywhere in MN, play that new arena in Sioux Falls, play Winnipeg. Basically, anywhere I don't need a plane ticket to get to.

Or don't, your call. You owe me nothing. It's been a good 25+ years.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Play anywhere in MN, play that new arena in Sioux Falls, play Winnipeg. Basically, anywhere I don't need a plane ticket to get to.

Or don't, your call. You owe me nothing. It's been a good 25+ years.
    LISTEN TO THIS PERSON!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited October 2019
    PJNB said:
    No way they are headed to Europe again next year and no way when they do they are doing 1 Italy stop. Way too much to do in NA first and these guys do not play enough shows in a year to allow both. 
    $$$

More money than playing Spokane. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,797
    The Greek has been Ghost the last few weeks. Wonder why 
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    But who are your sources? Who are you even?
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    But who are your sources? Who are you even?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l0nzPpvbFs
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    mcgruff10 said:

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    **ACTUAL RUMOR**

Bring back Imola:

https://youtu.be/1fXG3xbClco
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Let’s do this!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    I've been hearing Europe too but earlier than the usual festival season, so this fits.  If they are releasing an album, US and Europe in the same year makes sense/not impossible. We'll see.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I've been hearing Europe too but earlier than the usual festival season, so this fits.  If they are releasing an album, US and Europe in the same year makes sense/not impossible. We'll see.
    When was the last time they had a huge NA tour on top of Europe? 
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    PJNB said:

• Options
    wbutler29 said:
    PJNB said:

Not at all. That was a very small US tour with only 13 shows. Next year is being hyped as 2013 for NA. I have a hard time seeing them play the east coast and the west coast and Europe. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    2006?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I didn't say huge, but I can see a spring leg and a late summer/fall leg of 3 weeks each.  They havent done it because they havent had an album to promote.  They've hit every part of the country since LB came out.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    PJNB said:
    wbutler29 said:
    PJNB said:

Not at all. That was a very small US tour with only 13 shows. Next year is being hyped as 2013 for NA. I have a hard time seeing them play the east coast and the west coast and Europe. 

unfortunately, I think 2014 is the new norm with the inclusion of a couple of stadium shows that turns the 13 into 19 from a # of tickets sold perspective.  Short burst in NA and Europe, followed by some SA love in early 21. Just speculating but I am going off of their recent track record.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Greek has been Ghost the last few weeks. Wonder why 
    I think he was tired of his postings here being reposted on another site.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 919
    edited October 2019
    just a thought, Ohana is a go next year according to Ed and Ohana. I have seen a couple post on instagram in the last couple days that they will announce the date "very soon". Logically thinking, it is fall every year, so my guess is PJ in NA in that time frame. Also, saying they will announce the date very soon, maybe waiting until PJ announces their dates first as not to give anything away? 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    They've never announced dates a full year in advance.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    PJNB said:
    I didn't say huge, but I can see a spring leg and a late summer/fall leg of 3 weeks each.  They havent done it because they havent had an album to promote.  They've hit every part of the country since LB came out.

I was not saying you did just the fact that if a new album is coming out next year they will more than likely do a 2013 style tour for NA. That leaves little room for more shows in Europe with the track record of shows this band has been doing over the years. 

It would make more sense for them to stretch it out like they did in 2013/14 imo. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I was not saying you did just the fact that if a new album is coming out next year they will more than likely do a 2013 style tour for NA. That leaves little room for more shows in Europe with the track record of shows this band has been doing over the years. 

It would make more sense for them to stretch it out like they did in 2013/14 imo. 
    You could be right.  Hopefully with a couple rumors, we get something soonish.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,543

If the album is May 2020 then that may not look good for Australia in early 2020.  Would be awesome to go to Australia in November/December though.  

They will absolutely not skip the U.S. election cycle, so summer Europe and then fall U.S. would likely follow.  Would they have enough energy to do Australia/NZ in November/December?