Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    on2legs said:
    We need some fresh rumors!!!!
    We really do. Things seemed promising there for a while. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    edited September 2019
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    Agree.  If these threads weren’t way too easy to click on I was thinking about just waiting for the official announcements and stop looking for rumors.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    I feel like we’re almost right there... like it’s right around the corner.  But it’s been so long between albums it’s making us impatient.  

The waiting drove us mad!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kst said:
    JimmyV said:
    Nashville would be hard to pass up, especially if it lands on a weekend.
    Nashville would be hard to pass up, especially if it lands on any day any time.
    What's the big excitment about Nashville? What am I missing? I've been here all summer unfortunately and I don't really care for it. I'm ready to go back to Seattle. Maybe someone can shed some light on what this town has that's got several of you ready to travel here specifically for a PJ show. All I've found is unbearable heat and country music scattered amongst a few good concerts and of course, Third Man Records. Help!
    To be fair, 96 degrees on September 30 does suck ass. 

That said, I've been here for 20 years now and while the whole city has gone through a massive transformation, there are still plenty of cool spots for the locals. And there is a pretty kick-ass rock scene beyond all the country crap. If you haven't found them yet, check out No Country for New Nashville. Back in the day, they listed all the house shows for the good stuff.

http://nocountryfornewnashville.com/

There are rumblings that Savoy Motel is kicking around some new tunes. 

• Options
    I just think there would be lots of excitement and energy in music city if pj came to Nashville.  Sure, that would be true anywhere else too, but the discussion thread was about Nashville.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Surely Australia next :)
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kst said:
    JimmyV said:
    What's the big excitment about Nashville? What am I missing? I've been here all summer unfortunately and I don't really care for it. I'm ready to go back to Seattle. Maybe someone can shed some light on what this town has that's got several of you ready to travel here specifically for a PJ show. All I've found is unbearable heat and country music scattered amongst a few good concerts and of course, Third Man Records. Help!
    I'm born and raised so a bit biased but have traveled enough to know how great Nashville is. There are so many great pockets all close to town (Nations, 12th South, East Nashville, Melrose, Germantown, Downtown Franklin etc) People are actually beyond friendly. Tons of restaurants and so many live music venues. I stay away from Broadway unless its a show at the Ryman, Ascend or Bridgestone. It's also great since its so centrally located. You are 2-4 hours away from countless cities and easy flights to all over the US. 

A show at Bridgestone would be great for the pre-party. So many great rooftops for a killer party before and after. 

The only downfall for a show in Nashville for those traveling in would be hotel prices. I'd suggest locking in a hotel the minute the show is announced.
    Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely have to look into some of the areas you mentioned. I did make it to Franklin for the Pilgrimage, and so far I've seen shows at the Ryman, Ascend, Bridgestone, and a few small venues. It's just taking me a while to adjust and I know there has to be more than what I'm seeing so far, so I appreciate the insight. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Cooter said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kst said:
    JimmyV said:
    To be fair, 96 degrees on September 30 does suck ass. 

That said, I've been here for 20 years now and while the whole city has gone through a massive transformation, there are still plenty of cool spots for the locals. And there is a pretty kick-ass rock scene beyond all the country crap. If you haven't found them yet, check out No Country for New Nashville. Back in the day, they listed all the house shows for the good stuff.

http://nocountryfornewnashville.com/

There are rumblings that Savoy Motel is kicking around some new tunes. 

Thanks! I'll definitely check into that. I got on the mailing list of a few venues so at least I am hearing about some of the upcoming shows, but I still feel like a fish out of water. I just haven't quite found my niche yet, but this gives me a good starting point. And yes, upper 90s in September and October is just plain grueling. Someone needs to send the fall weather our way because this is ridiculous. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 270
    i_lov_it said:
    a wish? ... or a source? (Dimi will you post a kangoorou soon ?!)

freddie vedder
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    i_lov_it said:
    Nothing is "surely" until is on pearljam.com. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    CONCERT AT THE BUDOKAN IN TOKYO.

AT LEAST FOUR (5) RIOT ACT SONGS BEING PLAYED.

SHOT ON 35MM BY DANNY CLINCH.

RELEASED IN 2021 ON 4K BD! 

LETS
    GO
    PEARL
    JAM
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141

LETS
    GO
    PEARL
    JAM
    Can't fuckin' wait. I want this 4K Blu-ray now. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

LETS
    GO
    PEARL
    JAM
    i would love for pearl jam to go back to Japan. Still kicking myself for not going in 2003.
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 921
    Them shows from japan are up there. The setlists were amazing and eddie sounded ridiculously good

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    eboweddie said:
    Them shows from japan are up there. The setlists were amazing and eddie sounded ridiculously good
    The completely silent room is ominous and awesome.
  • Options
    We need to send a distress signal. Can we break the internet? What if we all tweet/post on social media at a certain time? Something hopeful? I just need a concert to plan. I miss it!
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    I don't know about tour rumors, but I have a feeling that we'll get something in the next couple of weeks. It's like it's out there. A puzzle to be put together. Or maybe I just had bad pizza for lunch. haha
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486

LETS
    GO
    PEARL
    JAM
    I don't remember making this post.
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    How long after Ohana 2017 did we find out about rumors with 2018 Home/Away shows?

2020 is still three months away...
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I don’t think we’ll hear anything until next month. This assumption is based on nothing. Ha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    edited October 2019
    DSTRUB said:
    How long after Ohana 2017 did we find out about rumors with 2018 Home/Away shows?

I would say that solid rumors of summer shows in 2018 didn't start till December.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266775/2018-tour-rumour-thread/p100

Official announcement came out in January
    Post edited by Jimminez on
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2019
    **ACTUAL RUMOR**
    According to our sources, Pearl Jam could play at the Imola racetrack in June to present the songs of the new album coming out in May 2020. The possible date in Imola , the only planned in our country, should be part of a tour European consists of a dozen concerts to be held in large spaces - https://www.pearljamonline.it/rumors-pearl-jam-dal-vivo-a-imola-nel-2020-con-il-nuovo-album/

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    Pearl Jam Online talking about Imola in June? Legit?
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    **ACTUAL RUMOR**
    According to our sources, Pearl Jam could play at the Imola racetrack in June to present the songs of the new album coming out in May 2020. The possible date in Imola , the only planned in our country, should be part of a tour European consists of a dozen concerts to be held in large spaces - https://www.pearljamonline.it/rumors-pearl-jam-dal-vivo-a-imola-nel-2020-con-il-nuovo-album/

Yee, Italy again. My god, happy about a possible tour but please play some of the other countries of europe that are always missed
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    RUMORS!!!!

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Can the US get some love? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    An actual rumor.  Whoa.
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 270
    Kearn5y said:
    **ACTUAL RUMOR**

Yee, Italy again. My god, happy about a possible tour but please play some of the other countries of europe that are always missed
    the European tour rumors come almost all the time from Italy. Hoping that this is comfirme and that there are more intimate dates and other dates for other continents!

freddie vedder
  • Options
    Jimminez said:
    DSTRUB said:

I would say that solid rumors of summer shows in 2018 didn't start till December.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266775/2018-tour-rumour-thread/p100

Official announcement came out in January
    I think the March 2018 South America shows were announced right around the time of Ohana 2017.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    We have heard that October was when they would be deciding on Europe. This fits.