2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    PJNB said:
    Dimi said on Facebook there will be a tour in 2020. No other details. Spill the beans Dimi!
    YAAAAAAAY. TY from someone not on FB.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    If they stick with touring every couple years and only in stadiums in the same 3 cities, then I might be done at #73 (last show 2014).
    I'm stuck at #58.
    Big fat 0 for me so I‘ll take anything 
    What are you waiting for?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    PJNB said:
    Dimi said on Facebook there will be a tour in 2020. No other details. Spill the beans Dimi!
    Our first real rumor of the thread?!? Only took 99 pages to get here.  Let's get some speculation going now.  Mexico/SW USA in January - March.  You know EV has to finish up in AZ to watch Cubs spring training again. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    PJNB said:
    Our first real rumor of the thread?!? Only took 99 pages to get here.  Let's get some speculation going now.  Mexico/SW USA in January - March.  You know EV has to finish up in AZ to watch Cubs spring training again. 
    I'm not sure exactly, but I feel like I recall rumors from Dimi that implied there was going to be an Aussie first part of 2019 tour. I may be mistaken on when, but it was at least a rumor at one time. ;)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    If they stick with touring every couple years and only in stadiums in the same 3 cities, then I might be done at #73 (last show 2014).
    I'm stuck at #58.
    The band lol 
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    I'm stuck at #58.
    The band lol 
    My thoughts exactly! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    PJNB said:
    I'm not sure exactly, but I feel like I recall rumors from Dimi that implied there was going to be an Aussie first part of 2019 tour. I may be mistaken on when, but it was at least a rumor at one time. ;)
    Not trying to speak for Dimi again and have zero knowledge of what is coming in 2020 but if I remember properly it was more of a wish for him since that is what he wanted to do next. 

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Yeah, there was supposed to be a AUS tour 8-ish months ago, so we'll see about 2020...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    I would love to do Australia/NZ but the damn travel time to and from is a killer for me.  
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    I'm stuck at #58.
    The band lol 
    My thoughts exactly! 
    That’s enough from the two of you!!
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    I'm stuck at #58.
    For them to go on tour again, ha! I‘d even consider traveling to the States or Canada. I only missed 2018 because I’m an idiot 😉 I‘m not gonna miss out again! Hopefully 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    rey said:
    JojoRice said:
    Here in the Atlanta area we've got several stadiums they could use...SunTrust Park (Braves), Mercedez Benz (Falcons), Georgia Tech, Georgia State (Formerly Turner Field for the Braves) , and Sanford Stadium in Athens (UGA).   So any time of the year could work here. 

After seeing Foo Fighters at Georgia State Stadium last year, that venue will always be known as "Big Ass Stadium" to me.
    Haha!  Absolutely!  I don't think Grohl knew the name of the stadium but it was a heck of a show.  I'm surprised they havn't had anymore concerts there since. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    I'm stuck at #58.
    The band lol 
    My thoughts exactly! 
    Come on, man! You served it up like a giant beach ball just waiting to be knocked out of the park. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    100 Pacer said:
    pjl44 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    pjl44 said:
    dankind said:
    JimmyV said:
    The thing about amphitheaters is that so many of them are way out of the way and not easily accessible except by car through traffic. If they play Fenway it's right in Boston and close to hotels, parking and public transportation. If they play Mansfield it becomes a huge pain getting in and out. 
    Fuck Mansfield!

Edit: Unless someone else is driving. In that case, play Mansfield!
    VIP parking is the way to go there. I barely go anymore but get it every time I do. Worth every penny when you cruise right out.
    I remember we parked across the street from the main entrance? There was this random residential road tucked away. Bit of a walk but saved a bunch of time getting out.
    Yeah, that would definitely work. Hats off to you on that one. I would be scared to death of being towed.
    Funny enough I parked and immediately looked at the signage. Everything indicated it was legal so I was comfortable. Ended up parking there for both shows with no issues.
    I parked at a gas station on the other side of the Highway( Sorry i don't recall what Highway it was as i was only ther once) and was able to get right back on the Highway with no problems. It was a decent walk but worth it. I read about the pain in the ass about that place, and i had well over a 4 hour drive back home after the concert and wanted to get back on the road ASAP.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    PJNB said:
    I would love to do Australia/NZ but the damn travel time to and from is a killer for me.  
    Yeah, i think it could kill me>LOL
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Not trying to speak for Dimi again and have zero knowledge of what is coming in 2020 but if I remember properly it was more of a wish for him since that is what he wanted to do next. 

If they were going to play Aussie in early 2020 we would have heard about it by now.   My "guess" is they start North America in the spring time at the earliest,   Simply a guess,  but really have no idea at this point.  I never imagined that 2019 would be completely dark..
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

If they were going to play Aussie in early 2020 we would have heard about it by now.   My "guess" is they start North America in the spring time at the earliest,   Simply a guess,  but really have no idea at this point.  I never imagined that 2019 would be completely dark..
    Amen.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Yep. Only 7 U.S. shows plus Ed's "the next time we play together will in the studio" line had me convinced the album was going to be done soon. Really thought 2019 was going to resemble 2013. Now we're all just another year older.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    And wiser. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    And wiser. 
    I'll only believe this when we stop waiting in mile long merch lines!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    And wiser. 
    I'll only believe this when we stop waiting in mile long merch lines!
    That is so true. 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    rey said:
    JojoRice said:
    Here in the Atlanta area we've got several stadiums they could use...SunTrust Park (Braves), Mercedez Benz (Falcons), Georgia Tech, Georgia State (Formerly Turner Field for the Braves) , and Sanford Stadium in Athens (UGA).   So any time of the year could work here. 

After seeing Foo Fighters at Georgia State Stadium last year, that venue will always be known as "Big Ass Stadium" to me.
    Roger's centre last year was a big ass stadium as well lol
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    I'm stuck at #58.
    The band lol 
    My thoughts exactly! 
    Come on, man! You served it up like a giant beach ball just waiting to be knocked out of the park. 
    This is true! Lol
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    JimmyV said:
    Wrigley in 2013
    Fenway 1 and 2 in 2016
    Seattle 2 and Fenway 1 and 2 in 2018

I have never regretted going to a ballpark show and I have never had anything less than a great time.
    Thank you. Immortality Fenway 2016 was bazerks
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Based on the high probability of Wrigley next summer based on their 16, 18 shows their are 3 options based on the recently released cubs schedule.  July 11 & July 13, July 24 & 7/27, and August 8 & 10.  Book your hotel rooms now ; )
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I suspect August is more likely than July based on the past.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 782
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    Yeah, i think it could kill me>LOL
    Ah it's not that bad. Break the trip up by hanging for a day or two at the connection to the long haul flight. Or you can smash it out a lot sooner now since the 777s and 787s are connecting Dallas, Chicago and Houston with both Aussie and NZ. Wash down some valerian root pills with a couple of red wines, keep hydrated and get some good pillows for your neck and back. Sorted. Try going right through from the UK or Ireland to NZ. I did Dublin-Wellington via Dubai and Melbourne-left my home at 1730 on Friday and got to my Mum's at 1730 on Sunday. Babbling a bit but the point is it could always be worse haha. But they don't need that much time between announcing down under dates and touring-I think tickets for November 09 went on sale that August.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    eboweddie said:
    You have hit the nail on the head.  Why do 20 arena shows in 9 or 10 cities.  When you can do 6 baseball stadium shows in 2 cities. And fans will come from the 4 corners.  
    Can’t disagree..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    They only play Wrigley if the Air & Water show is going on, so once they announce the dates for that, if they are Aug 8-10, then Wrigley 2020 is confirmed lol.
    Sad to think that my last ever PJ show might have been Seattle 2 last year. But what a way to go out. The only way I’m going to another ball park show is if the play Fresno Grizzlies stadium and that’s NEVER going to happen.