Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    Damn that Mike interview took all the wind out of the sails. The enthusiasm is gone. It feels like Jan 2019 all over again .

I really thought the recent rumors meant we'd get some real news by October. Oh well.
  • Options
    Damn that Mike interview took all the wind out of the sails. The enthusiasm is gone. It feels like Jan 2019 all over again .

I really thought the recent rumors meant we'd get some real news by October. Oh well.
    Feeling like Matt Lukin after Steve Turner took a year off “to go back to school”? Lol
  • Options
    While Mike's interview may be dejecting, I am not putting too much into it. The entire development of this album, no matter what stage it is currently in, has been surrounded in secrecy. Did you really expect Mike to blow the roof off things by dropping a release date or other pertinent information? It wouldn't have been consistent with the development of the album up to this point. 

On a side, can this serve as a wellness check for @Dimis? Hope all is well brother!
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    While Mike's interview may be dejecting, I am not putting too much into it. The entire development of this album, no matter what stage it is currently in, has been surrounded in secrecy. Did you really expect Mike to blow the roof off things by dropping a release date or other pertinent information? It wouldn't have been consistent with the development of the album up to this point. 

On a side, can this serve as a wellness check for @Dimis? Hope all is well brother!
    At the end of the day, I think most would had preferred to hear Mike give vague answers as oppose to something that would suggest that the album is in pretty early stages that would have most reconsidering thoughts now to a mid to late release for 2020. I think the majority would agree that it would have felt a lot better if Mike would had kept the comments to something along the lines of, "We are currently working on putting together something that will be a very cool surprise for the fans. Although we don't have anything written in stone as far as any definitive dates, I think the fans are going to be very pleased with what we have in store to come." I don't think anyone expected Mike to "leak" any informaton, or drop any mind or roof blowing hints of anything coming our way within the next couple of months or so, but I can see where his comments would lead most to believe that the hype that has been brewing here the last couple months are not as close  as to what we believed to had been expected.  You are 100% right when stating that any and all information regarding album release or tour info, has been shrouded in absolute secrecy and mystery. I personally believe we will most certainly have a tour and new music in 2020, until then, we are all just playing the waiting game.  
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by disilluzion on
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    :rofl: Agreed! 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    Ray J. T. said:

At the end of the day, I think most would had preferred to hear Mike give vague answers as oppose to something that would suggest that the album is in pretty early stages that would have most reconsidering thoughts now to a mid to late release for 2020. I think the majority would agree that it would have felt a lot better if Mike would had kept the comments to something along the lines of, "We are currently working on putting together something that will be a very cool surprise for the fans. Although we don't have anything written in stone as far as any definitive dates, I think the fans are going to be very pleased with what we have in store to come." I don't think anyone expected Mike to "leak" any informaton, or drop any mind or roof blowing hints of anything coming our way within the next couple of months or so, but I can see where his comments would lead most to believe that the hype that has been brewing here the last couple months are not as close  as to what we believed to had been expected.  You are 100% right when stating that any and all information regarding album release or tour info, has been shrouded in absolute secrecy and mystery. I personally believe we will most certainly have a tour and new music in 2020, until then, we are all just playing the waiting game.  

Yeah, or even simply " it's coming along."

"Writing stage" just sounds like the very beginning of the process and if it's a 2020 release it would be late 2020 given their "deliberate" movement lately and a tour wouldn't be until 2021. Not saying that's my interpretation but that's the feel now after some optimism over the past summer.
  • Options
    chilisuarezchilisuarez USA / Canada Posts: 110
    I'm pretty sure the album is coming along, I'm not an insider or anything but I met Glen Hansard after his Seattle show and he was mentioning about how busy Ed was and basically let slip the two things that we all seem to know will happen soon-ish. So I think it's coming along :) 
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7016653#Comment_7016653

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    I'm pretty sure the album is coming along, I'm not an insider or anything but I met Glen Hansard after his Seattle show and he was mentioning about how busy Ed was and basically let slip the two things that we all seem to know will happen soon-ish. So I think it's coming along :) 

Maybe just say what he said.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

Yeah, why be coy? Spill it!
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    edited September 2019
    verceman said:
    RP112579 said:

Yeah, why be coy? Spill it!
    Gotta not spill the ID of his source like the Times...oh wait, already did. So there's no reason 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

I don't get why you keep being so vague about this. what did he say?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    This thread is funny. It's almost as if nobody really knows what's happening right? Almost as if everyone is making educated cases and stuff, huh?

Something's bound to happen next year. That, I think, we can all agree on. Save your money, nonetheless. lol

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 758
    This thread is funny. It's almost as if nobody really knows what's happening right? Almost as if everyone is making educated cases and stuff, huh?

Something's bound to happen next year. That, I think, we can all agree on. Save your money, nonetheless. lol

I can confirm that not everyone is making educated guesses.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:

I can confirm that not everyone is making educated guesses.
    Wink wink!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Eddie announced for Global Citizen Festival 9/26/2020. Impact on other rumors??
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited September 2019
    The global citizens thing means two things.

Either there are no plans for PJ the fall of 2020 or there is an Ed solo tour in the us fall of 2020.

If PJ is going to do a summer tour, which I cant see happening based on the lack of legit news, theyre going to need to announce something shortly after 2020 and the clock is ticking.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    edited September 2019

Either there are no plans for PJ the fall of 2020 or there is an Ed solo tour in the us fall of 2020.

If PJ is going to do a summer tour, which I cant see happening based on the lack of legit news, theyre going to need to announce something shortly after 2020 and the clock is ticking.
    Not necessarily. We don't even know where his performance will take place yet, right? It does make me wonder what's happening behind the scenes that something high profile like this winds up being a solo gig, though.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    pjl44 said:

Not necessarily. We don't even know where his performance will take place yet, right? It does make me wonder what's happening behind the scenes that something high profile like this winds up being a solo gig, though.
    Same as 2018 and it didn’t affect the tour at all 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    pjl44 said:

Not to keep playing devil's advocate, but if 2020 tour is on par with 2018 I think there will be huffing and puffing round here
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    pjl44 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    pjl44 said:

Not to keep playing devil's advocate, but if 2020 tour is on par with 2018 I think there will be huffing and puffing round here
    Huffing and puffing around here is inevitable.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    pjl44 said:

Huffing and puffing around here is inevitable.

Touché
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited September 2019
    Australia please :smile:
  • Options
    Seriously dont get why everyone seems to be losing their mind over all of this.  There is going to be tour in 2020 and there is going to be an album.  Yea, its been a long time and yea it sucks but this never ending pessimism around here is depressing as shit.  Very honestly and respectfully dont even know where half this shit comes from.......it just nonsense (band breaking up, band doesn't want to tour, its all over, they hate each other, my brothers cousins friends sister said that Stone said they dont talk anymore, album done, album not done).  WTF??  Its worse that Twitter.  ITS COMING!  Everybody take a damn deep breath, save your $ and get ready for an awesome 2020!  Its basically October.  2020 is 3 months away!  We have basically made through this shitty year and have a huge fucking year ahead of us.  So who gives a shit there are no solid rumors.  THEY ARE COMING!!  ITS AN ELECTION YEAR AND NO WAY IN HELL THEY ARE SITTING ON THE SIDELINES.  Jesus.......Pearl Jam isn't going anywhere and we have many years of fun shit ahead of us.  
  • Options
    macrae said:
    Seriously dont get why everyone seems to be losing their mind over all of this.  There is going to be tour in 2020 and there is going to be an album.  Yea, its been a long time and yea it sucks but this never ending pessimism around here is depressing as shit.  Very honestly and respectfully dont even know where half this shit comes from.......it just nonsense (band breaking up, band doesn't want to tour, its all over, they hate each other, my brothers cousins friends sister said that Stone said they dont talk anymore, album done, album not done).  WTF??  Its worse that Twitter.  ITS COMING!  Everybody take a damn deep breath, save your $ and get ready for an awesome 2020!  Its basically October.  2020 is 3 months away!  We have basically made through this shitty year and have a huge fucking year ahead of us.  So who gives a shit there are no solid rumors.  THEY ARE COMING!!  ITS AN ELECTION YEAR AND NO WAY IN HELL THEY ARE SITTING ON THE SIDELINES.  Jesus.......Pearl Jam isn't going anywhere and we have many years of fun shit ahead of us.  
    Are you okay?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    https://youtu.be/ep-xgd_eETE

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    If you book them, they will come.
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    kst said:
    JimmyV said:
    Nashville would be hard to pass up, especially if it lands on a weekend.
    Nashville would be hard to pass up, especially if it lands on any day any time.
    What's the big excitment about Nashville? What am I missing? I've been here all summer unfortunately and I don't really care for it. I'm ready to go back to Seattle. Maybe someone can shed some light on what this town has that's got several of you ready to travel here specifically for a PJ show. All I've found is unbearable heat and country music scattered amongst a few good concerts and of course, Third Man Records. Help!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kst said:
    JimmyV said:
    Nashville would be hard to pass up, especially if it lands on a weekend.
    Nashville would be hard to pass up, especially if it lands on any day any time.
    What's the big excitment about Nashville? What am I missing? I've been here all summer unfortunately and I don't really care for it. I'm ready to go back to Seattle. Maybe someone can shed some light on what this town has that's got several of you ready to travel here specifically for a PJ show. All I've found is unbearable heat and country music scattered amongst a few good concerts and of course, Third Man Records. Help!
    I'm born and raised so a bit biased but have traveled enough to know how great Nashville is. There are so many great pockets all close to town (Nations, 12th South, East Nashville, Melrose, Germantown, Downtown Franklin etc) People are actually beyond friendly. Tons of restaurants and so many live music venues. I stay away from Broadway unless its a show at the Ryman, Ascend or Bridgestone. It's also great since its so centrally located. You are 2-4 hours away from countless cities and easy flights to all over the US. 

A show at Bridgestone would be great for the pre-party. So many great rooftops for a killer party before and after. 

The only downfall for a show in Nashville for those traveling in would be hotel prices. I'd suggest locking in a hotel the minute the show is announced.
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    We need some fresh rumors!!!!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore