Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Murphy Bleachers for one of the singles, Benny rehearsals for the other?  EV Ohana? 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    pjl44 said:
    I don’t understand how anyone could still be analog at this point 
    Bootleg + tshirt + Deep for $20 is still good value to me
    A good value I suppose but what middle aged dude needs another shitty 10c shirt lol.  How much painting can a guy do with a shitty t shirt on.  We’re sadly just a herd of commercial sheep with drawers filled with unworn T-shirt’s, shelves full of sealed vinyl, portfolios   filled with untouched Eddie Vedder posters.  Hopefully it doesn’t happen but it all seems to heading in the direction of baseball card collecting of the 80/90s.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    pjl44 said:
    A good value I suppose but what middle aged dude needs another shitty 10c shirt lol.  How much painting can a guy do with a shitty t shirt on.  We’re sadly just a herd of commercial sheep with drawers filled with unworn T-shirt’s, shelves full of sealed vinyl, portfolios   filled with untouched Eddie Vedder posters.  Hopefully it doesn’t happen but it all seems to heading in the direction of baseball card collecting of the 80/90s.
    I literally got done typing this, got out of my car, opened the mailbox and pulled out my corduroy EV hat from the euro store.  It’s so awesome.  I am included in the above description.  I need to stop.  Baaaaaaa
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    pjl44 said:
    "The Junk Merch Era."  It would be kinda funny to come back here in 25 years and find all the first print vinyl selling for less than original retail, lol.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I swear that at one point 10C said that they were excited for the single and that it was going to be worth it.

It kind of reminds me of Michael promising everyone a surprise in the Office, and then just brings them some ice cream sandwiches.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    kramer73 said:
    I swear that at one point 10C said that they were excited for the single and that it was going to be worth it.

It kind of reminds me of Michael promising everyone a surprise in the Office, and then just brings them some ice cream sandwiches.
    I remember that as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    kramer73 said:

That was the verbiage when they sent the 2017 er, I mean, the 2016 single out.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I still think the change should have been to include the annual Vault. Bump Analog up to $75, Keep Digital at $25 or whatever it is. Maybe make a Digital plus at $40 and include a Vault CD. Dump the shirt and Deep. Keep ticket access. 

they couldnt get the single out for 2 years, they had to scrap it. they could have priced at 100 and still not gotten it out
    I'm just saying they get a vault out every year (choosing 1 show seems easier than choosing 2 tracks). Make that the thing. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    I’d be cool with ice cream sandwiches from the ten club. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I'd rather the vault be separate.  I think it helps keep them honest.  They only collect the money if they have one ready to be pressed.  I'd be concerned if it was automated through 10c memberships, they might get behind again (like they do for 10c singles).

For me.  I don't find $30 for the digital code/tshirt/digital newsletter to be worth it.   I never use the digital code because on principal I don't really want to pay $5 to upgrade to flac (it's analog, it should work to the highest quality).   Secondly I always order the cd from the shows I go to, so I never get a chance to use the codes on them.  I think I have 3 codes stacked now.   In regards to the newsletter.  They don't really come out, so they're kind of moot.

I'm perfectly happy riding a digital membership for ticket access, and buying my vaults on their own.   At least if the vaults ever wane, we aren't stuck having paid for them in advance (as they only charge us when they have a definite plan to release it).

• guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Not really good is it... We at least deserve the vinyl me thinks 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    It sounds like you're reckoning with a lot more than 40 bones every year for a Ten Club membership 
  • philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    "The Junk Merch Era."  It would be kinda funny to come back here in 25 years and find all the first print vinyl selling for less than original retail, lol.
    It's a buyer's market right now. The usual suspects being the exception, I've recently found some real steals on various PJ tchotchkes, knick-knack & bric-a-brac.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    They could fix this by pulling 4 recordings out of the vault. Release the mp3's and keep promising the vinyl will be pressed and the sleeves designed. All I want is the music anyway.

On the bright side, that they haven't done this yet might be an indication that there are plans for Lost Dogs 2 down the road...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 100 Pacer said:
    I’m afraid of change.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited August 2019
    Should bump this back onto page 1 otherwise we may end up with another thread.

So come on 10c you Cant Deny Me those singles.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    100 Pacer said:
    I’m afraid of change.
    I changed to digital, and then change back to analog like 10 minutes later. I know it's a total waste of $20, but it's only $20.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I think it’s because analog sounds so much cooler than digital. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • js87130js87130 Posts: 82
    So, I don't know if this has already been covered but I e-mailed the 10 Club this week and this was their response...

"Hope you have been well!! Thank you for reaching out. Totally understand... Unfortunately we do not have any updates.

The Band is still making the 2017 and 2018 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine for the fan club. These will be shipped to you when they are finished. Again, we apologize very much for the delay.

• We should be sending an email to make sure addresses are up to date once these are ready to begin shipping."

At least it's an acknowledgement of the delay. 

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    js87130 said:
    So, I don't know if this has already been covered but I e-mailed the 10 Club this week and this was their response...

"Hope you have been well!! Thank you for reaching out. Totally understand... Unfortunately we do not have any updates.

The Band is still making the 2017 and 2018 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine for the fan club. These will be shipped to you when they are finished. Again, we apologize very much for the delay.

• We should be sending an email to make sure addresses are up to date once these are ready to begin shipping."

The band. Lol
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    Enzed said:
    Just downgraded my membership. Came close to pulling the plug altogether.
    I have until November. "Analog" is a tough sell these days, imo, but digital almost more so if you can't/don't travel for shows.
  • rictus58rictus58 Posts: 52
    js87130 said:

That's basically the same response I got a year ago when I inquired about the missing vinyls. They simply don't care.
    Pearl Jam havent played in my country for nearly 20 years. Seriously considering not even signing up for digital when my analog expires. Just buy everything on the secondary market. 
    If they didn’t care, they wouldn’t have replied. They just have no information. 
  • rictus58rictus58 Posts: 52
    How about this:

They don't care about providing the product they promised, to the people who paid, and were promised said item. The best they can do is copy/paste a response to their fan club members

Is that more to your liking?
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    rictus58 said:
    How about this:

They don't care about providing the product they promised, to the people who paid, and were promised said item. The best they can do is copy/paste a response to their fan club members

That seems to be more to your liking.  It's also speculation.  No one knows.  
    js87130 said:

This is pretty much confirming its all the bands fault they are so late, nothing to do with 10c which is what we suspected. Not sure why they cant put out a no progress message every so often. People would ease off 10c if they communicated better.
    kramer73 said:
    rictus58 said:
    How about this:

That seems to be more to your liking.  It's also speculation.  No one knows.  
    Agreed. The onus is clearly on the band here.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    js87130 said:

The Band is still making the 2017 and 2018 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine for the fan club. These will be shipped to you when they are finished.

So this is Robbie Robertson's fault?

Seriously, though, there's your answer. Sucks for the fan club members and a really tough spot for the Ten Club.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    pjl44 said:
    It all depends if someone wants to pay $10 for the shirt and get a copy of Deep.

I suppose it could be:
    $5 for shirt
    $5 for deep

If someone would rather buy the CDs, well, it's probably a better deal for digital.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
This discussion has been closed.