Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What’s the product? 
    No questions please, just sent me the money. But the product is from me and made by me. I’ll send it once a year but I just won’t specify what year. Send it now
    Deliver a superior product for 25 years and then I'll be happy to float you .001% of what I've spent already
    So if a company has been around for 25 years they can charge you for a paid for product but they don’t have to deliver it or provide it and that’s ok with you? Wow, that’s weird. So JCpenny has been delivering a superior products for 25 plus years. Just order $80 worth of products off their website and when they don’t deliver just don’t ask any questions or expect any communication from them . I’m sure you will be fine with that
    No. I'm only talking about how I'm handling it. If someone is upset enough about the situation that they're requesting a refund from the Ten Club, I think they're well within their rights. 
    I think you made a great point.  Anyone so unhappy about the missing single has a few options. 

1.  Request a refund
    2.  Terminate their membership
    3. File a complaint with the Washington state consumer protection.

Complaining endlessly on a message board has proven to be ineffective.  
    Yeah, to use the JC Penney example, that's how you'd handle it, right?

It's a little bit trickier with the Ten Club membership because they've technically fulfilled most of what's included. Especially if you've ordered tickets, downloaded a bootleg, and/or had your tshirt shipped.

I agree with your overall point in that if I'm going to get mad about something it's only in conjunction with some sort of action. 
    I think if I really was upset about the single I would take one of the above actions.  Complaining here is futile and after the first few dozen threads on this topic people just seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    rahjiim said:
    rahjiim said:
    The "forthcoming" post from last year is the perfect example of why the 10c doesn't need to say anything. Unless they are saying "its in production/shipping", anything else will be seen as a tease and be picked apart or misconstrued. The lack of info is actually all the info we need rn and says everything.

How about doing something to make up for it?  Hey ten club members, sorry we've neglected you for so long.  We're going to give you a few download codes (which cost us nothing) as a token of good will.  Or we'll gave you a discount on gift cards or at the shop.  Maybe that and an apology for starters.  At least DO SOMETHING.
    I feel bad for anyone that's just getting into Pearl Jam now (or got into them within the past five years) and joined the fanclub. They might feel like the whole thing's a scam. 
    The "forthcoming" post from last year is the perfect example of why the 10c doesn't need to say anything. Unless they are saying "its in production/shipping", anything else will be seen as a tease and be picked apart or misconstrued. The lack of info is actually all the info we need rn and says everything.

How about doing something to make up for it?  Hey ten club members, sorry we've neglected you for so long.  We're going to give you a few download codes (which cost us nothing) as a token of good will.  Or we'll gave you a discount on gift cards or at the shop.  Maybe that and an apology for starters.  At least DO SOMETHING.
    I feel bad for anyone that's just getting into Pearl Jam now (or got into them within the past five years) and joined the fanclub. They might feel like the whole thing's a scam. 
    Well, maybe I can answer that. Although I always liked them, especially Yield and Live on Two Legs and Binaural, I never really was a fan, until last year, after missing out on tickets for Berlin, I found bootlegs instead of tickets and really got into them, up to a point where it feels odd to listen to something else.

So I joined the ten club because I definitely want to see the next show in my area. As far as I remember, I did so shortly after they anounced the end of the single. I certainly don't think "this whole thing" (i.e. Pearl Jam? the ten club??) is a scam, that's just absurd. I think they're too lazy, and it got to a point where they know they can't win anyway, if the deliver the singles now, everybody will complain that they deserved someting better or more special after waiting so long. Same problem with the next album by the way...
    Nope, it's not the same problem with the next album.. Even if they said it was "forthcoming", we haven't paid money for it in advance to PJ/TC. If Lightning Bolt ended up to be their last record, the only thing we could do is feeling sad about it, and that's all. They don't owe us a new record. But they can't be justified by saying the same old line so popular on here, "Oh, the fans are never happy, they will bitch about anything anyway, so why even bother?" By that reasoning, we may actually never get the two singles they owe us. Also, I really don't expect nothing special with them.
    So your point ist is, they owe you nothing but these two singles. You don't have high expectations regarding them, but that's all they owe you from a legal standpoint, and so you stick to that?

Anyway, as somebody new, I don't think it's a scam. I do think they can't win whatever they do these days, there's bitching about everything, and I guess they know that.

Scam may be too strong. But by your own explanation I say that easily qualifies as taking advantage of your customers. Would you not agree? You say they know they can get away with it, and that’s right. They maybe lost a few digital memberships to analog, but I bet their fan base is very large and still making a ton of money just off dues. And for someone who did it just mainly for the tickets will get the opportunity to buy tickets once every 3 or 4 years.

i would have no problem dropping my membership if I didn’t have a good number. I good really good seats to Chicago, but know lots of people who had terrible seats and would have been better off in the public sale. If they ever do away with seniority seating it would be an easy choice to drop my membership. I really don’t see the benefit to newer members.
    If they continue to have GA sections at shows, the ticket benefit is still pretty valuable to newer members.

With reserved seats, you *can* potentially get better sets through the presale but what are the chances that you *do*? I might be more willing to gamble if I was going to shows in the southeast vs. New York, for example. Bird in the hand and whatnot.

Some people used their first 4-5 chances on Philly and NYC shows before selecting Tampa and Miami as their next two.

Others used their 4-5 picks on Florida shows.

Guess who went to more shows?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Nice that they found the time to sell another version of a vinyl on the website though. 

Oh well. Time to forget about this for 6 months and then come back and bitch again. I’ll set my reminder!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edocon said:
    TheBibleIsTen? Must be hardcore fan. I'm with her/him. Why are we cutting PJ so much slack for this? If Walmart had promised us two vinyl singles would we be trying to rationalize the reason for not having received them? 
    I don't think anyone is cutting them slack. I think its a difference who think complaining is gonna solve the problem and others who will ride it out, recognizing that its out of management's/10c hands, because historically PJ/10c makes things right. 

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    edocon said:
    TheBibleIsTen? Must be hardcore fan. I'm with her/him. Why are we cutting PJ so much slack for this? If Walmart had promised us two vinyl singles would we be trying to rationalize the reason for not having received them? 
    I don't think anyone is cutting them slack. I think its a difference who think complaining is gonna solve the problem and others who will ride it out, recognizing that its out of management's/10c hands, because historically PJ/10c makes things right. 

But people go on social media to talk about the ills of a business all the time and it works. So I don’t think it’s completely worthless.
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited August 2019
    pjl44 said:
    You guys are missing the point and you know I’m right
    People have a legitimate gripe, but it's a stupid analogy 
    It’s not a stupid analogy, it’s what I thought you could understand. Haha
    It is. 
    1. We know what the product is that we are gonna get
    2. PJ is a known entity and we know what they are capable of producing and therefore when we enter into a commodity exchange with them we have an expectation. 
    3. There are other benefits from the club for the $80 we have spent
    4. We've gotten an update, yes, 7 months ago, but there likely isn't anything else to update at this point (the band has always kept it lowkey)

I'm not saying you aren't making a good point. I'm just saying, its a terrible analogy.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    edited August 2019
    edocon said:

But people go on social media to talk about the ills of a business all the time and it works. So I don’t think it’s completely worthless.
    Sure. But when the final decision makers (the band) are barely on social media (if at all) and certainly not on here, you are shouting into the empty void. I guarantee the 10c and management know fans are upset and disappointed. I'm certain if they had the power, these would have gone out on time (they would have outsourced the artwork or just use tour pics and chose songs themselves). There is a legitimate gripe, but it probably has crossed a line of pointlessness.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Im fine with everyone complaining. Its an outlet for peoples frustration. If you dont want to hear people complaining then this thread isnt for you. Will it make these singles happen any sooner... nope but the complaint on this occasion is completely legitimate.

Did they not already announce the next fanclub single as Cant Deny Me? Back it with a live track and they already have the sleeve graphic. Wont exactly please the masses but if they had done that at the start of the year it would have bought them time. However send it out separate from Deep and they stand to lose $. Think thats got to be one of the delay reasons right there. 

Surprised they didnt stop Deep rather than the singles. In the digital age its outdated before its printed. Save some trees and scrap that. Surely they have enough demos/ live tracks/ oddments to last years. Maybe thats what the future holds for PJ, endless live albums and compliations ala Rolling Stones.

edited August 2019
    They should ask Shuss to keep making memorabilia Deeps. That was the best newsletter they ever put out. Hell, I'd order another copy.

• RYANPB999RYANPB999 Coventry, Rhode Island Posts: 542
    They should ask Shuss to keep making memorabilia Deeps. That was the best newsletter they ever put out. Hell, I'd order another copy.

Agreed! I loved that issue the most!
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

Or better yet, pictures of the inside and outside of the warehouse, blueprints, security setup with potential weaknesses noted.   

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    I wish they would have at least attempted to replace the singles with something else so you didn’t just lose a perk. Even a yearly sticker would be nice. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    The Ten Club has access to the band. I'm sure they have their personal phone numbers and if they don't, they know someone that does. There have been plenty of threads started about this and many complaints. Has the Ten Club communicated this frustration with the band? I feel like the band and the Ten Club don't really care about this situation and I wonder how much it has been discussed if at all.
    I think it would be weird if all parties weren’t aware.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Jeff seems to be the creative driving force in the band.  There is zero chance he’s not aware that the singles are overdue. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Out of sight, out of mind.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    on2legs said:
    Jeff seems to be the creative driving force in the band.  There is zero chance he’s not aware that the singles are overdue. 
    Yes, and he's mentioned in the media a couple times how he is annoyed by inactivity 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    How about a Deep magazine! Should be plenty of material from last year's tour. Been over a year since the last one & not sure what I'm paying my hard earned money for
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
    Ticket access and member #. Like everyone else.

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I don’t understand how anyone could still be analog at this point 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    I still think the change should have been to include the annual Vault. Bump Analog up to $75, Keep Digital at $25 or whatever it is. Maybe make a Digital plus at $40 and include a Vault CD. Dump the shirt and Deep. Keep ticket access. 

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I still think the change should have been to include the annual Vault. Bump Analog up to $75, Keep Digital at $25 or whatever it is. Maybe make a Digital plus at $40 and include a Vault CD. Dump the shirt and Deep. Keep ticket access. 

Love it!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    I’m afraid of change.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • I don’t understand how anyone could still be analog at this point 
    I like the smell of a new DEEP
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The band when they see Kelly Curtis and Tim Bierman coming for an update on the singles:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019
    When Pearl Jam fans meet the Guns N Roses fans they mocked over the Chinese Democracy delays

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Bootleg + tshirt + Deep for $20 is still good value to me
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635

they couldnt get the single out for 2 years, they had to scrap it. they could have priced at 100 and still not gotten it out
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    pjl44 said:
    Bootleg + tshirt + Deep for $20 is still good value to me
    Yeah.  I think the price is fine for the membership compared to other clubs.  Just didn’t send what was advertised.
This discussion has been closed.