Hey Ladies

Comments

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think maybe the number of posts started by women about matches the ratio of women vs men in general here? This place is a complete sausage party!
    There is also the possibility that women in general are more "thoughtful" or "careful" about what requires a whole thread?? Maybe, but I guess it's impossible to know for sure.
    But FWIW, I have started a fair number of threads here over the years, so hopefully I'm padding the stats at least a little bit. ;)

PJ_Soul has started 203 discussions! We have some serious work to do ladies. PJ_Soul has been doing the heavy lifting.  
    That’s fantastic... also a bit intimidating... doubt I’ll get to that level.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    I don't like creating threads. I like derailing threads! What the hell was I thinking this morning?
    edited July 2019
    So, where are we?  
    @OffSheGoes35  Did you start a new thread?
    @JPPJ84  Apollo 11 is a great idea! I’ll only say here, that I watched CNN’s first airing.
    Post edited by Renfield on
    I don't like creating threads. I like derailing threads! What the hell was I thinking this morning?
    Disregard my post... it overlapped yours...
    All is still good!
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Renfield said:
    So, where are we?  
    @ OffSheGoes35  Did you start a new thread?
    @ JPPJ84  Apollo 11 is a great idea! I’ll only say here, that I watched CNN’s first airing.
    Very cool, Renfield! And I think JPPJ84 should start that Apollo thread too. People will post in that thread. 👍
    Renfield said:
    So, where are we?  
    @ JPPJ84  Apollo 11 is a great idea! I’ll only say here, that I watched CNN’s first airing.
    Very cool, Renfield! And I think JPPJ84 should start that Apollo thread too. People will post in that thread. 👍
    She’s sleeping, we’ll get her in the morning :)
    Not only is the topic historical & interesting, there are many ways the thread can zig & zag.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Renfield said:
    Renfield said:
    So, where are we?  
    Not only is the topic historical & interesting, there are many ways the thread can zig & zag.
    Good morning ladies! Yikes it’s still early here... I can’t start a thread right now, I have to go on holiday... what a terrible fate :wink: 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    This thread is useless without pics. :grin:
    edited July 2019
    Here’s a picture of a rainbow  :P 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I think more threads started by the ladies would be cool- keep the place hopin' and more interesting.   And it would, you know,  stave off dementia by keeping the mind sharp!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hobbes said:
    :lol: 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Hobbes said:
    Trying to maintain thread integrity & appeasing your need for pics :) One of my favorite ladies.

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

See the source image
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ed243421 said:

I win =)

Jerry knows what's up.

See the source image
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

JPPJ84 said:
    Renfield said:
    Renfield said:
    So, where are we?  
    Good morning ladies! Yikes it’s still early here... I can’t start a thread right now, I have to go on holiday... what a terrible fate :wink: 
    @JPPJ84. Have a wonderful time! Here’s something to read during your holiday travels :) 

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    hedonist said:
    Honestly, gender plays no part in whether or not I start threads.  There's no one here who intimidates me =)

(and I too rolled my eyes at "custom"...what does that even mean?)
    trust me, I've "known" this woman for a long time, and nothing intimidates her.  Hi Hedo =)   I believe the polls have shown that the males outrank the number of woman PJ fans.  IMO, threads get derailed on this forum in a hot second.  So it could deter the "female" poster to just not bother even trying.  
    hedonist said:
    Honestly, gender plays no part in whether or not I start threads.  There's no one here who intimidates me =)

trust me, I've "known" this woman for a long time, and nothing intimidates her.  Hi Hedo =)   I believe the polls have shown that the males outrank the number of woman PJ fans.  IMO, threads get derailed on this forum in a hot second.  So it could deter the "female" poster to just not bother even trying.  
    That's a bummer.  I think it would be cool to have more ladies here, more lady initiated threads, and fewer derailments.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

That's a bummer.  I think it would be cool to have more ladies here, more lady initiated threads, and fewer derailments.
    I agree 100%.  I've been around for years.  Not to say that the ladies can't have fun, but I believe, as a woman, if we want to start a thread, it's often due to a serious heartfelt issue.  As I said, I've been around for years, there are a lot of members that I seek opinions about things.  However, my experience here has been if you try to open a conversation about something somewhat serious, the thread is either ignored or gets derailed.  And once it's derailed . . . why bother.  I know this is a PJ forum but over the years we have come to rely on each other to vent, to find support.  It's just not the same. I have life long friends that I met via the old forums, and I cherish them.  People I met through this (or former PJ forums) that I have known for close to 20 years.  I've done PJ road trips with them, traveled on vacation with them. That's what I miss about this place.  Maybe I should start a thread about that, lol.  Alas, I fear it will be ignored.  
    edited July 2019
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Renfield said:
    Renfield said:
    So, where are we?  
    @JPPJ84. Have a wonderful time! Here’s something to read during your holiday travels :) 

Well thank you, I’ll read that on the train! My flight got cancelled last night because it got too late. I got one of the last tickets for another flight today from a city an hour away. Fingers crossed that works out!!
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

I agree 100%.  I've been around for years.  Not to say that the ladies can't have fun, but I believe, as a woman, if we want to start a thread, it's often due to a serious heartfelt issue.  As I said, I've been around for years, there are a lot of members that I seek opinions about things.  However, my experience here has been if you try to open a conversation about something somewhat serious, the thread is either ignored or gets derailed.  And once it's derailed . . . why bother.  I know this is a PJ forum but over the years we have come to rely on each other to vent, to find support.  It's just not the same. I have life long friends that I met via the old forums, and I cherish them.  People I met through this (or former PJ forums) that I have known for close to 20 years.  I've done PJ road trips with them, traveled on vacation with them. That's what I miss about this place.  Maybe I should start a thread about that, lol.  Alas, I fear it will be ignored.  
    I would love to see any thread about a serious heartfelt issue.  I'm there!

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Im sure i dont know who is male or female. I call everyone mate. Usernames confuse me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

It is strange, to me, that someone would care if someone tried to turn their thread into a love note to Kiss, or a weird missive from their mother's basement....you posted what you were thinking about and got some sort of feedback, no?
    (Course, I haven't started a lot of threads.  As I think about it, the people that start the most often have the least to say?)

Awesome that you have made so many friends.  I too have many "real life" friends that started as names on this board.  (Nobody puts Hedo in a corner!  Lol). Some great people here, amongst some turds in the punch bowl.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:

Hi, P&E!

Some derailments have turned out great / funny, but not so much on heavier topics (minus the stereotypical trolls who just enjoy taking huge digital dumps wherever and whenever possible - that's when I try to laugh and point =) ).

And yes, as you and F Me mentioned, some of the connections made here are tremendous, even life-changing.  I'm very thankful to this forum and "my" people for that :)
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Hi, P&E!

Some derailments have turned out great / funny, but not so much on heavier topics (minus the stereotypical trolls who just enjoy taking huge digital dumps wherever and whenever possible - that's when I try to laugh and point =) ).

And yes, as you and F Me mentioned, some of the connections made here are tremendous, even life-changing.  I'm very thankful to this forum and "my" people for that :)
    Oh believe me, there have been some hilarious times on these boards.  I don't come around that much anymore but when I do, it doesn't feel the same.  Still love the band, love going to shows, love meeting new people.  That's the one thing about this band, it doesn't matter when you encounter someone at a show, for the most part, the band is the connection and people are so kind, you could end up hanging out all night with someone you just met two hours before.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2019
    Ha!! I love a good derailed thread, and you are good at it! :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited July 2019
    Renfield said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think maybe the number of posts started by women about matches the ratio of women vs men in general here? This place is a complete sausage party!
    There is also the possibility that women in general are more "thoughtful" or "careful" about what requires a whole thread?? Maybe, but I guess it's impossible to know for sure.
    But FWIW, I have started a fair number of threads here over the years, so hopefully I'm padding the stats at least a little bit. ;)

PJ_Soul has started 203 discussions! We have some serious work to do ladies. PJ_Soul has been doing the heavy lifting.  
    That’s fantastic... also a bit intimidating... doubt I’ll get to that level.
    Don't be intimidated - it is really just evidence of me not being able to keep my trap shut. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:
    ed243421 said:

I win =)

I have always genuinely thought that is a great piece of art, lol.