albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Renfield said:
    … Goodnight you moonlight ladies

Have an enjoyable weekend all
    That's my all-time favorite JT song.

He was on Leno's Garage a while back, and Leno told him of when he set out here from NY, I think, and this song was playing.  These lyrics particularly hit home for him (and, I suppose, for many of us).

"With ten miles behind me and ten thousand more to go."

PS - agreed on Nancy!

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2019
    hedonist said:
    Renfield said:

That's my all-time favorite JT song.

He was on Leno's Garage a while back, and Leno told him of when he set out here from NY, I think, and this song was playing.  These lyrics particularly hit home for him (and, I suppose, for many of us).

"With ten miles behind me and ten thousand more to go."

PS - agreed on Nancy!

I’ve always loved this line too...so evocative-you can feel the loneliness. I have felt the weight of those lyrics in my own life more than once.
    Post edited by Renfield on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    njnancy said:
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    The ladies around here are funnier than most comedians.
    As for social commentary, I'll take the comedians.

Just kidding, start more threads ladies! they won't be worse than mine.
    Malroth, you should make more threads. Fine tune the art of oddball  threads and show us how it's done.  B)
    If you keep making threads, eventually you start to see what works... and learn to live with the fuck ups. Just stay away from the Porch or your thread might end up on Alternative Nation.
    I twice ventured into the Train and came away with tears for days.
    This is the welcome mat for the Train:

:rofl: 

oh damn, I'm in your post.  Im not fixing it,  too annoying. 

I've started about 6 threads. My first was the day I joined.  I said hi & then spilled my guts. I dont think I've been mistaken for a dude though I could be wrong. It's pretty obvious by my user name & posts though.  

I am horrible at figuring out whose male or female. And it's weird talking to people by their user name sometimes.  I know a couple handfuls of names,  mostly cause of football. :smile:  

I have met 3 people from the board briefly, only one I had spoken with at length
    before, but no real interaction or friendship . Just ticket interactions  I wish I knew more of you in person.  It's cool when you meet in person & it becomes a RL connection instead of faceless posts.  I've made a couple of real friends from a different forum in the early 2000's & it's great when you connect on more than just PJ or politics or cannibalism. 

It is intimidating , but when I think of something, I make a thread. I've been thinking about this very subject lately. Gotta be more pro active.  Six is pathetic. 

Forum sucks on a phone & I now understand why people answer posts briefly.  I still had to write in paragraphs.   It's easier & more fulfilling on my broken laptop though. 

Im in a bad place & haven't been on in a bit but I had to support my spinster sister. :hug: 

Nancy, I think you would be a wonderful representative of the ladies of this board! You are great at social commentary. We need you. Whenever you get your laptop fixed, that is.
    No pressure, just encouragement. :)

Btw, I think it's awesome that you participate in the degenerate football league, such a badass. 

We miss you! Thank you for the support, my loyal rocking chair buddy. 💗💗💗
    You can join the pool as well....all you need to do is pick 6 games a week....and perhaps talk a little shit.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    njnancy said:
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    The ladies around here are funnier than most comedians.
    As for social commentary, I'll take the comedians.

Just kidding, start more threads ladies! they won't be worse than mine.
    Malroth, you should make more threads. Fine tune the art of oddball  threads and show us how it's done.  B)
    If you keep making threads, eventually you start to see what works... and learn to live with the fuck ups. Just stay away from the Porch or your thread might end up on Alternative Nation.
    I twice ventured into the Train and came away with tears for days.
    This is the welcome mat for the Train:

:rofl: 

oh damn, I'm in your post.  Im not fixing it,  too annoying. 

I've started about 6 threads. My first was the day I joined.  I said hi & then spilled my guts. I dont think I've been mistaken for a dude though I could be wrong. It's pretty obvious by my user name & posts though.  

I am horrible at figuring out whose male or female. And it's weird talking to people by their user name sometimes.  I know a couple handfuls of names,  mostly cause of football. :smile:  

I have met 3 people from the board briefly, only one I had spoken with at length
    before, but no real interaction or friendship . Just ticket interactions  I wish I knew more of you in person.  It's cool when you meet in person & it becomes a RL connection instead of faceless posts.  I've made a couple of real friends from a different forum in the early 2000's & it's great when you connect on more than just PJ or politics or cannibalism. 

It is intimidating , but when I think of something, I make a thread. I've been thinking about this very subject lately. Gotta be more pro active.  Six is pathetic. 

Forum sucks on a phone & I now understand why people answer posts briefly.  I still had to write in paragraphs.   It's easier & more fulfilling on my broken laptop though. 

Im in a bad place & haven't been on in a bit but I had to support my spinster sister. :hug: 

Nancy, I think you would be a wonderful representative of the ladies of this board! You are great at social commentary. We need you. Whenever you get your laptop fixed, that is.
    No pressure, just encouragement. :)

Btw, I think it's awesome that you participate in the degenerate football league, such a badass. 

We miss you! Thank you for the support, my loyal rocking chair buddy. 💗💗💗
    You can join the pool as well....all you need to do is pick 6 games a week....and perhaps talk a little shit.
    I could talk a little shit, but if the recipient of said shit didn't reply within oh say 15 minutes, I would assume they're probably angry and start apologizing. Besides, that's Nancy's gig. My gig is the PJ Metal Community thread. :rock_on:  Or it was, anyway. I need to get my ass back in gear! 

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    JPPJ84 said:
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Love this❤️ Are you back from holiday? Hope you had a wonderful time.
    Nope. Stuck in London... my flight got cancelled AGAIN! Now at least I got a nice bed plus breakfast at the Hilton and one day less at work... there’s no way I‘ll let easyJet ruin my very lovely holiday (thanks for asking :) ) If any of you make it to the UK, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly are drop dead gorgeous!
    Cornwall is our  most beautiful county i would say. Very relaxed place and worth a visit agreed!
    Just popped in for a bit and saw this.  Hope I visit there someday.  My prince lived in Helston for a couple of years while his dad did an exchange tour with the Royal Navy.  I've heard wonderful stories about the various adventures he and his brother got into.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Renfield said:

Yessssss, I definitely think James Taylor gets too little love from the Pearl Jam community.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ed243421 said:

Ba Ba Ba Ba Barbara Ann
    My brother and I loved this song when we were tots because there was a montage in the movie Little Ninjas (I think)...
    We thought it was
    Bob Bob Bob, Bob Bob a-ran!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    One of my favorite clips ever :)  Pete looks like he's dying to break free while they're doing their thing, and then BAM.

Good to see you here, WhoP!
    If there's a Who reference, I'm gonna be all over it.  :grin:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    If there's a Who reference, I'm gonna be all over it.  :grin:
    It's funny because there are threads about the first song you heard when you woke up, the last song you heard before you went to sleep . . . I wake up with songs in my head, all night long, every night.  As it turns out, this is one I woke up to in my head just last week.  Thanks for posting this, God I just love the Who and I absolutely worship Pete Townshend.  I know you relate Who Princess.  I love how this thread has brought out some of the old timers.  
    "(Looking for) The Heart of Saturday Night"
    https://youtu.be/f7UHd7NVegE

Good weekend all.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Renfield said:

Good weekend all.
    Such a sizzling sparkler of a song. Enjoy your weekend, @Renfield .

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Renfield said:

Good weekend all.
    Such a sizzling sparkler of a song. Enjoy your weekend, @Renfield .

Had trouble deciding which version to go with:
    https://youtu.be/lyyFLYNbQpg
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    rgambs said:
    Renfield said:

Yessssss, I definitely think James Taylor gets too little love from the Pearl Jam community.
    James Taylor's voice goes straight to my soul. Seen him twice live, he's a legend IMHO.

https://youtu.be/R1lwPQhN9gI

I've been on the roof for several weeks. 
    Anybody there?

Where Are All My Friends

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Renfield said:
    Anybody there?

Where Are All My Friends

Good morning ☀️ Enjoy your days, ladies 
    edited August 2019
    Happy last weekend of Summer
    https://youtu.be/f7heEHFfjkU

Edit...And happy weekend to those that do not celebrate Labor Day
    Post edited by Renfield on
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Awesome choice, Renfield! :bow: 

I'm having a happy weekend, hope you are too! :)
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I think this is a perfect choice for our Hey Ladies thread. 

If you disagree,  I'm posting it anyway cause it rocks. Im a lady so I know the secret sauce.  Oh yeah. ✌😝🤟🙃

https://youtu.be/3mLOvPLXmqs

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:

Do you know what thread I would like to see? Who Princess & her Prince. Think we can talk her into it?
  • I mean, Who Princess writing about her royal self & her Prince...but you know it would be pretty cool to have her husband join in on the thread. Either way would be great. Think about it, Who P!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Related image
    @dankind How would you rate these two on a list of perfect matches?
  • I don't know about you, but that was my favorite thing to happen in the whole TP universe.
    edited November 2019
    The shit shovelers! Loved it. And loved how it finally allowed Ed and Big Norma to have that Otis Redding moment.

No character will ever top Albert Rosenfield for me, "the sultan of sentiment."
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • :giggle:  You would love Albert! 

...Big Norma, I like that.

Sorry, but Jacoby/Nadine> Ed/Big Norma.
    edited November 2019
    :giggle:  You would love Albert! 

...Big Norma, I like that.

Sorry, but Jacoby/Nadine> Ed/Big Norma.
    Yeah, my favorite character from anything. Ever.

D'oh! I misplaced a Big.

Peggy Lipton died this year. Miguel Ferrer died a few years ago, too. And Catherine Coulson.

:frowning:
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM