Hey Ladies

135

Comments

  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevroletPosts: 1,914

    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't like creating threads. I like derailing threads! What the hell was I thinking this morning?
    Ha!! I love a good detailed thread, and you are good at it! :)
    Thank you, lady! :rose:
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    Malroth said:

    Hello Malroth!!!  *waves*
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    Honestly, gender plays no part in whether or not I start threads.  There's no one here who intimidates me =)

    (and I too rolled my eyes at "custom"...what does that even mean?)
    trust me, I've "known" this woman for a long time, and nothing intimidates her.  Hi Hedo =)   I believe the polls have shown that the males outrank the number of woman PJ fans.  IMO, threads get derailed on this forum in a hot second.  So it could deter the "female" poster to just not bother even trying.  
    That's a bummer.  I think it would be cool to have more ladies here, more lady initiated threads, and fewer derailments.
    I agree 100%.  I've been around for years.  Not to say that the ladies can't have fun, but I believe, as a woman, if we want to start a thread, it's often due to a serious heartfelt issue.  As I said, I've been around for years, there are a lot of members that I seek opinions about things.  However, my experience here has been if you try to open a conversation about something somewhat serious, the thread is either ignored or gets derailed.  And once it's derailed . . . why bother.  I know this is a PJ forum but over the years we have come to rely on each other to vent, to find support.  It's just not the same. I have life long friends that I met via the old forums, and I cherish them.  People I met through this (or former PJ forums) that I have known for close to 20 years.  I've done PJ road trips with them, traveled on vacation with them. That's what I miss about this place.  Maybe I should start a thread about that, lol.  Alas, I fear it will be ignored.  
    I think that is a fantastic idea for a thread. I would love to read some stories about happier times!
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 2,530
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    Honestly, gender plays no part in whether or not I start threads.  There's no one here who intimidates me =)

    (and I too rolled my eyes at "custom"...what does that even mean?)
    trust me, I've "known" this woman for a long time, and nothing intimidates her.  Hi Hedo =)   I believe the polls have shown that the males outrank the number of woman PJ fans.  IMO, threads get derailed on this forum in a hot second.  So it could deter the "female" poster to just not bother even trying.  
    That's a bummer.  I think it would be cool to have more ladies here, more lady initiated threads, and fewer derailments.
    I agree 100%.  I've been around for years.  Not to say that the ladies can't have fun, but I believe, as a woman, if we want to start a thread, it's often due to a serious heartfelt issue.  As I said, I've been around for years, there are a lot of members that I seek opinions about things.  However, my experience here has been if you try to open a conversation about something somewhat serious, the thread is either ignored or gets derailed.  And once it's derailed . . . why bother.  I know this is a PJ forum but over the years we have come to rely on each other to vent, to find support.  It's just not the same. I have life long friends that I met via the old forums, and I cherish them.  People I met through this (or former PJ forums) that I have known for close to 20 years.  I've done PJ road trips with them, traveled on vacation with them. That's what I miss about this place.  Maybe I should start a thread about that, lol.  Alas, I fear it will be ignored.  
    I think that is a fantastic idea for a thread. I would love to read some stories about happier times!
    Agreed! 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,290
    haha, apparently we're not the only platform that suffers from threads going off the rails . . . which of course I knew.  I just found it funny that I came across this tonight.  

    People on reddit have always had a great sense of humor to me, but sometimes the impulse to insert a joke or a pun or a series of weird strung along comments gets. fucking. old.

    Sometimes the worst part about it is that it's so damn funny. And you just have to give credit where credits due. But lately I've been going to the comments expecting an informative and sincere conversation about a rather serious post only to find (yet again) another 4 pages of jokes or one drawn out and exhausted pun. Sometimes I feel like I should laugh at the cleverness of some. But it happens so often and in so many posts that I find myself never laughing at all in the comments anymore. Not unless there's just a golden moment. I've even begun to roll my eyes the moment I open the comments and see that the top comment is a joke. I NEVER ROLL MY EYES. At anything.

    I used to really connect to reddits sense of humor but lately I've been really turned off by it. Maybe I just need a break.

    Edit: THANK YOU FOR THE GOLD AND SILVER! Wow. This blew up... I just wanna add something to this. I'm not saying it's bad to have some fun in the comments. One of you pointed out that it's okay to be serious and to have fun. I agree. I'm saying that when I'm intrigued by a post sometimes I really want to see what the reddit community has to say about it... or to see if there's additional information in the comments. But a lot of the time all I see for miles is the repetitive back and forth joking. Sometimes I really just wish the top comments had less to do with clever jokes and more to do with the content of that post...

    Seems to mimic almost word for word about the community and wanting to connect, looking for what "the community has to say"  

    Just thought I'd put this out there since I saw it, I'm seriously not stressed about the lack of connection here.  I just miss the old days.  God, it used to be awesome.  Everyone recognized others user names, knew "about" where they lived . . . it was awesome.




    GIVE BLOOD
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,098
    haha, apparently we're not the only platform that suffers from threads going off the rails . . . which of course I knew.  I just found it funny that I came across this tonight.  

    People on reddit have always had a great sense of humor to me, but sometimes the impulse to insert a joke or a pun or a series of weird strung along comments gets. fucking. old.

    Sometimes the worst part about it is that it's so damn funny. And you just have to give credit where credits due. But lately I've been going to the comments expecting an informative and sincere conversation about a rather serious post only to find (yet again) another 4 pages of jokes or one drawn out and exhausted pun. Sometimes I feel like I should laugh at the cleverness of some. But it happens so often and in so many posts that I find myself never laughing at all in the comments anymore. Not unless there's just a golden moment. I've even begun to roll my eyes the moment I open the comments and see that the top comment is a joke. I NEVER ROLL MY EYES. At anything.

    I used to really connect to reddits sense of humor but lately I've been really turned off by it. Maybe I just need a break.

    Edit: THANK YOU FOR THE GOLD AND SILVER! Wow. This blew up... I just wanna add something to this. I'm not saying it's bad to have some fun in the comments. One of you pointed out that it's okay to be serious and to have fun. I agree. I'm saying that when I'm intrigued by a post sometimes I really want to see what the reddit community has to say about it... or to see if there's additional information in the comments. But a lot of the time all I see for miles is the repetitive back and forth joking. Sometimes I really just wish the top comments had less to do with clever jokes and more to do with the content of that post...

    Seems to mimic almost word for word about the community and wanting to connect, looking for what "the community has to say"  

    Just thought I'd put this out there since I saw it, I'm seriously not stressed about the lack of connection here.  I just miss the old days.  God, it used to be awesome.  Everyone recognized others user names, knew "about" where they lived . . . it was awesome.




    Well tough patootie rooty, you'll have to guess my name 'cause I ain't tellin'!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NYPosts: 396
    edited July 24
    brianlux said:
    haha, apparently we're not the only platform that suffers from threads going off the rails . . . which of course I knew.  I just found it funny that I came across this tonight.  

    People on reddit have always had a great sense of humor to me, but sometimes the impulse to insert a joke or a pun or a series of weird strung along comments gets. fucking. old.

    Sometimes the worst part about it is that it's so damn funny. And you just have to give credit where credits due. But lately I've been going to the comments expecting an informative and sincere conversation about a rather serious post only to find (yet again) another 4 pages of jokes or one drawn out and exhausted pun. Sometimes I feel like I should laugh at the cleverness of some. But it happens so often and in so many posts that I find myself never laughing at all in the comments anymore. Not unless there's just a golden moment. I've even begun to roll my eyes the moment I open the comments and see that the top comment is a joke. I NEVER ROLL MY EYES. At anything.

    I used to really connect to reddits sense of humor but lately I've been really turned off by it. Maybe I just need a break.

    Edit: THANK YOU FOR THE GOLD AND SILVER! Wow. This blew up... I just wanna add something to this. I'm not saying it's bad to have some fun in the comments. One of you pointed out that it's okay to be serious and to have fun. I agree. I'm saying that when I'm intrigued by a post sometimes I really want to see what the reddit community has to say about it... or to see if there's additional information in the comments. But a lot of the time all I see for miles is the repetitive back and forth joking. Sometimes I really just wish the top comments had less to do with clever jokes and more to do with the content of that post...

    Seems to mimic almost word for word about the community and wanting to connect, looking for what "the community has to say"  

    Just thought I'd put this out there since I saw it, I'm seriously not stressed about the lack of connection here.  I just miss the old days.  God, it used to be awesome.  Everyone recognized others user names, knew "about" where they lived . . . it was awesome.




    Well tough patootie rooty, you'll have to guess my name 'cause I ain't tellin'!
    @brianlux   Brian-you are one of the easiest (and kindest) persons to get to know here. If it weren’t for you being so friendly on the Mt Everest thread, I would have run away already. 
    Post edited by Renfield on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,098
    Renfield said:
    brianlux said:
    haha, apparently we're not the only platform that suffers from threads going off the rails . . . which of course I knew.  I just found it funny that I came across this tonight.  

    People on reddit have always had a great sense of humor to me, but sometimes the impulse to insert a joke or a pun or a series of weird strung along comments gets. fucking. old.

    Sometimes the worst part about it is that it's so damn funny. And you just have to give credit where credits due. But lately I've been going to the comments expecting an informative and sincere conversation about a rather serious post only to find (yet again) another 4 pages of jokes or one drawn out and exhausted pun. Sometimes I feel like I should laugh at the cleverness of some. But it happens so often and in so many posts that I find myself never laughing at all in the comments anymore. Not unless there's just a golden moment. I've even begun to roll my eyes the moment I open the comments and see that the top comment is a joke. I NEVER ROLL MY EYES. At anything.

    I used to really connect to reddits sense of humor but lately I've been really turned off by it. Maybe I just need a break.

    Edit: THANK YOU FOR THE GOLD AND SILVER! Wow. This blew up... I just wanna add something to this. I'm not saying it's bad to have some fun in the comments. One of you pointed out that it's okay to be serious and to have fun. I agree. I'm saying that when I'm intrigued by a post sometimes I really want to see what the reddit community has to say about it... or to see if there's additional information in the comments. But a lot of the time all I see for miles is the repetitive back and forth joking. Sometimes I really just wish the top comments had less to do with clever jokes and more to do with the content of that post...

    Seems to mimic almost word for word about the community and wanting to connect, looking for what "the community has to say"  

    Just thought I'd put this out there since I saw it, I'm seriously not stressed about the lack of connection here.  I just miss the old days.  God, it used to be awesome.  Everyone recognized others user names, knew "about" where they lived . . . it was awesome.




    Well tough patootie rooty, you'll have to guess my name 'cause I ain't tellin'!
    @brianlux   Brian-you are one of the easiest (and kindest) persons to get to know here. If it weren’t for you being so friendly on the Mt Everest thread, I would have run away already. 
    Wow, thank you Renfield.  But honestly, sometimes I think I'm a real a**, especially when I feel fervently about something.  I have to work on that.  I'll try better to live up to your kind words!  :hug: 
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    Brian, you have earned the right to be an a** whenever you feel like it! :) 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,972
    Serious question: Why must we be serious to connect?

    Every good friend I've made here (or at least those I consider good friends; for all I know, they might think I'm a jerk) has spawned from a shared sense of humor while joking about something that might be tangential to the topic of a thread.

    Personally, if I can share a witticism with someone, then I'm generally more willing to overlook any disagreements we might have about any serious issues.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 6,189

    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13









  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NYPosts: 396
    dankind said:
    Serious question: Why must we be serious to connect?

    Every good friend I've made here (or at least those I consider good friends; for all I know, they might think I'm a jerk) has spawned from a shared sense of humor while joking about something that might be tangential to the topic of a thread.

    Personally, if I can share a witticism with someone, then I'm generally more willing to overlook any disagreements we might have about any serious issues.
    I don’t believe we must be serious to connect. 
    I understood the point made was perhaps woman only begin threads due to a serious, heartfelt nature, yet then posted about some of the hilarious times that have been had on threads. 

    Bring on the humor... even in seriousness. I have a great sense of humor (so I think). 


  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,791
    dankind said:
    Serious question: Why must we be serious to connect?

    Every good friend I've made here (or at least those I consider good friends; for all I know, they might think I'm a jerk) has spawned from a shared sense of humor while joking about something that might be tangential to the topic of a thread.

    Personally, if I can share a witticism with someone, then I'm generally more willing to overlook any disagreements we might have about any serious issues.
    Seriously!

    My husband and I started our relationship almost 20 years ago over a PM about an abortion thread that had diverged and then some.  Talk about serendipity.

    It was different then, but also was a much, much smaller community.  Evolution and all that... ;)

    PS - you're not ALL jerk =)
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fieldsPosts: 7,237
    edited July 24
    Now that I've read through this whole thread, I have a few comments.  :smiley:
    --I try not to assume too much about people but I'm thinking that everyone knows that the Princess is female?
    --A year ago, I almost started a thread about how my prince and I were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.  I think I decided it was a little show-offy and not really knowing other people's ages, it would probably make me seem old enough to be everybody's grandmother.
    --After sorta hijacking Wobbie's cancer thread, I told him that I might start one of my own if people will help me laugh.  Never was very interested in Facebook but I joined it recently so I could participate in a group of patients that have my type of cancer (it's rare and nobody's heard of it).  I'm not getting a lot out of the group because it's so depressing.  I need to laugh sometimes, people!  Humor is how I cope with a lot of things but most of my friends freak out when I start joking about it.
    The last few months have been really stressful for me and I haven't been here much but I'm missing it and wanting to come back.  If ya'll don't watch out, I'm gonna show up and create a thread about my new fence or something equally fascinating!  :wink:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    Now that I've read through this whole thread, I have a few comments.  :smiley:
    --I try not to assume too much about people but I'm thinking that everyone knows that the Princess is female?
    --A year ago, I almost started a thread about how my prince and I were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.  I think I decided it was a little show-offy and not really knowing other people's ages, it would probably make me seem old enough to be everybody's grandmother.
    --After sorta hijacking Wobbie's cancer thread, I told him that I might start one of my own if people will help me laugh.  Never was very interested in Facebook but I joined it recently so I could participate in a group of patients that have my type of cancer (it's rare and nobody's heard of it).  I'm not getting a lot out of the group because it's so depressing.  I need to laugh sometimes, people!  Humor is how I cope with a lot of things but most of my friends freak out when I start joking about it.
    The last few months have been really stressful for me and I haven't been here much but I'm missing it and wanting to come back.  If ya'll don't watch out, I'm gonna show up and create a thread about my new fence or something equally fascinating!  :wink:
    Start a thread and we will try our best to make you laugh! There are so many funny people still here, we are very much in luck that way! Give us a chance, we want you to come back. :)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,791
    Now that I've read through this whole thread, I have a few comments.  :smiley:
    --I try not to assume too much about people but I'm thinking that everyone knows that the Princess is female?
    --A year ago, I almost started a thread about how my prince and I were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.  I think I decided it was a little show-offy and not really knowing other people's ages, it would probably make me seem old enough to be everybody's grandmother.
    --After sorta hijacking Wobbie's cancer thread, I told him that I might start one of my own if people will help me laugh.  Never was very interested in Facebook but I joined it recently so I could participate in a group of patients that have my type of cancer (it's rare and nobody's heard of it).  I'm not getting a lot out of the group because it's so depressing.  I need to laugh sometimes, people!  Humor is how I cope with a lot of things but most of my friends freak out when I start joking about it.
    The last few months have been really stressful for me and I haven't been here much but I'm missing it and wanting to come back.  If ya'll don't watch out, I'm gonna show up and create a thread about my new fence or something equally fascinating!  :wink:
    Oh hell, we joke about my illness a lot.  It helps, and only the closest to me get it (and can make fun too).

    Good to see you, WhoP.  Always happy to lift any stress of yours :)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,972
    hedonist said:
    Now that I've read through this whole thread, I have a few comments.  :smiley:
    --I try not to assume too much about people but I'm thinking that everyone knows that the Princess is female?
    --A year ago, I almost started a thread about how my prince and I were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.  I think I decided it was a little show-offy and not really knowing other people's ages, it would probably make me seem old enough to be everybody's grandmother.
    --After sorta hijacking Wobbie's cancer thread, I told him that I might start one of my own if people will help me laugh.  Never was very interested in Facebook but I joined it recently so I could participate in a group of patients that have my type of cancer (it's rare and nobody's heard of it).  I'm not getting a lot out of the group because it's so depressing.  I need to laugh sometimes, people!  Humor is how I cope with a lot of things but most of my friends freak out when I start joking about it.
    The last few months have been really stressful for me and I haven't been here much but I'm missing it and wanting to come back.  If ya'll don't watch out, I'm gonna show up and create a thread about my new fence or something equally fascinating!  :wink:
    Oh hell, we joke about my illness a lot.  It helps, and only the closest to me get it (and can make fun too).

    Good to see you, WhoP.  Always happy to lift any stress of yours :)
    I think WhoP’s thread will need this guy.




    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific NorthwestPosts: 4,153
    See the source image
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 6,189

    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13









  • HobbesHobbes Pacific NorthwestPosts: 4,153
    See the source image
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,170
    I was not too far off.  35% beauty.
    What I am most interested in are the .2% who identified as Custom.  :lol:   
    halifax2themax is a custom.
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    Renfield said:
    dankind said:
    Serious question: Why must we be serious to connect?

    Every good friend I've made here (or at least those I consider good friends; for all I know, they might think I'm a jerk) has spawned from a shared sense of humor while joking about something that might be tangential to the topic of a thread.

    Personally, if I can share a witticism with someone, then I'm generally more willing to overlook any disagreements we might have about any serious issues.
    I don’t believe we must be serious to connect. 
    I understood the point made was perhaps woman only begin threads due to a serious, heartfelt nature, yet then posted about some of the hilarious times that have been had on threads. 

    Bring on the humor... even in seriousness. I have a great sense of humor (so I think). 


    We need more @Renfield threads(!) when you're feeling inspired, please. :rock_on:
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    :how_interesting:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DCPosts: 7,018
    I've never had a problem starting threads. I  trust this community. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I've never had a problem starting threads. I  trust this community. 
    That's good to hear!
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 2,263
    I'm just going to put this out here for motivation...if my threads are going to represent what the women on this board are thinking/feeling, we're going to look like some silly bastards. :joker:
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NYPosts: 396
    Renfield said:
    I don’t believe we must be serious to connect. 
    I understood the point made was perhaps woman only begin threads due to a serious, heartfelt nature, yet then posted about some of the hilarious times that have been had on threads. 

    Bring on the humor... even in seriousness. I have a great sense of humor (so I think). 


    We need more @Renfield threads(!) when you're feeling inspired, please. :rock_on:
    Oy Vey.... no pressure there @OffSheGoes35, none at all. Promise, I’ll come up with sumthin’ real soon :smiley: 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,972
    I'm just going to put this out here for motivation...if my threads are going to represent what the women on this board are thinking/feeling, we're going to look like some silly bastards. :joker:

    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fieldsPosts: 7,237
    ed243421 said:

    Ba Ba Ba Ba Barbara Ann
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
Sign In or Register to comment.