The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    hedonist said:
    I only smoke Cannabis.  No way we no if vaping causes long term health problems...in 20 years we will know...the early users are guinea pigs.  As for Cannabis, it has been around long enough, so I think they have some idea if it causes long term health effects...I'll take my chances with Cannabis.
    I do both, but vaping is wonderful for discretion.

Anyway, the below is from Weedmaps.  I trust them and other related sources, but as with most everything, I'm sure there are naysayers.

"The leading benefit for vaping weed is that it’s a healthier alternative to smoking flower, as vapor doesn’t release the tar and carcinogens created during combustion (the process of burning flower). Instead, vaporization entails a slightly more complex process that creates a phase transition from liquid to vapor."

I have a vap for my Cannabis...I do prefer the high from smoking it, but if I ever need a solid 10 hours sleep...I use oil and smoke...

Now does your vap have a temp setting?  Mine does, and I believe it needs to be vap at 360 or less otherwise carcinogens can be released (however, I have yet to see any reports that Cannabis caused cancer).
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    I only smoke Cannabis.  No way we no if vaping causes long term health problems...in 20 years we will know...the early users are guinea pigs.  As for Cannabis, it has been around long enough, so I think they have some idea if it causes long term health effects...I'll take my chances with Cannabis.
    I do both, but vaping is wonderful for discretion.

Anyway, the below is from Weedmaps.  I trust them and other related sources, but as with most everything, I'm sure there are naysayers.

"The leading benefit for vaping weed is that it’s a healthier alternative to smoking flower, as vapor doesn’t release the tar and carcinogens created during combustion (the process of burning flower). Instead, vaporization entails a slightly more complex process that creates a phase transition from liquid to vapor."

I have a vap for my Cannabis...I do prefer the high from smoking it, but if I ever need a solid 10 hours sleep...I use oil and smoke...

Now does your vap have a temp setting?  Mine does, and I believe it needs to be vap at 360 or less otherwise carcinogens can be released (however, I have yet to see any reports that Cannabis caused cancer).
    On the ones we have, there's a button to press that'll change the strength of the inhale (red, green, blue) but I'm not sure about the temperature side of things.  I buy all of my stuff from reputable growers, manufacturers and distributors, so I'm comfortable using them on a regular basis for vapes along with all of our cannabis needs.  My go-to will always be smoking the flower, though.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maryland is changing the tobacco & e-cig  law to 21 & over in October. I think the e-cig industry needs to shy away from the whole "product that helps to quit smoking" campaign because that's a big crock of shit. I've not met one person who vapes that has actually used it as a cessation device. It's just a replacement.  And I've known a bunch of non-smokers who started vaping because it was cool.
    This could have been the first generation to really stick it to the tobacco industry, but no, everyone's out there sucking on their douche flutes instead.
    I quit a 30 year smoking addiction with e-cigs, and my best friend did too. That is what they mean when they say that. It helps people quit smoking cigarettes, which is a good thing. Replacing a carcinogenic habit with a non-carcinogenic one is definitely a positive. TONS of smokers quit by using e-cigs, so I don't understand why you think that's a crock of shit.
    Anyway, prohibition is fucking stupid.
    Do you still use e-cigs or did you also quit them after you were off cigarettes?  If you did both, congrats, you're the first person I know who has.  That's why I think the marketing around it is a crock of shit.  Didn't mention prohibition.
    I just quit smoking in October. So I'm still using an e-cig... but I have no intention of quitting because I like it. I also liked smoking. I had no intention of quitting that until I realized e-cigs were a good replacement for me. I am an indulgent kind of person who enjoys her booze, weed, and inhalants, lol. But e-cigs are not anywhere near as bad as smoking is - not even remotely close, no matter what those hysterical headlines say - so it's not like it's an even trade-off the way you seem to be thinking it is. Dropping tobacco is a HUGE deal with positive health results. Replacing them with e-cigs is a good thing. But FWIW, yes, I know people who have moved off the e-cigs too, after they used them to quit smoking. But that said, keep in mind that the e-cig industry has NEVER claimed that people who use them as smoking cessation aids should only be using them temporarily. Of course not - they want people to keep using the product. I don't think they've misrepresented themselves at all on that one.
    Agree 100% with everything you said. Congrats on quitting cigs in October. I quit in October as well thanks to vaping. Vaping is absolutely safer than smoking combustible, which will inevitably contain carcinogenics.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    England v USA - FIFA Womens World Cup 2019 - Semi Final - Stade de Lyon

Even the womens olympic team agrees it should be legal

Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I’ve found that being in a state of threshold conciseness while peaking on a edible can be quite a trip. What a great night of sleep after that wild ride. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hi! said:
    I’ve found that being in a state of threshold conciseness while peaking on a edible can be quite a trip. What a great night of sleep after that wild ride. 
    Agreed ate a brownie last night for dessert and I slept like I was on a cloud ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Hi! said:
    Agreed ate a brownie last night for dessert and I slept like I was on a cloud ..
    Word. It’s the best sleep aid.
    I was curious, I seen the tincture you had made in the other marijuana thread over in aet, how many doses you’re able to get out of just a half once of flower?

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

edited July 2019
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    I was curious, I seen the tincture you had made in the other marijuana thread over in aet, how many doses you’re able to get out of just a half once of flower?
    I’m not sure but it’s a lot, I’d venture to say 30 maybe more this morning I did a 3ml dose it’s damn good ! I went to the beach had great energy for a long swim 🏊‍♂️ that was at 11:30 this morning it’s now 2:40 I’m still  going good ..
    Post edited by josevolution on
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    I’m not sure but it’s a lot, I’d venture to say 30 maybe more this morning I did a 3ml dose it’s damn good ! I went to the beach had great energy for a long swim 🏊‍♂️ that was at 11:30 this morning it’s now 2:40 I’m still  going good ..
    Damn,I was under the impression you had to use a lot more flower to get that many, so sacrificing a 1/2 for 30+ doses ain’t bad. Looks amazing btw. 

Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Damn,I was under the impression you had to use a lot more flower to get that many, so sacrificing a 1/2 for 30+ doses ain’t bad. Looks amazing btw. 
    Yeah I’m just using shake that’s left over from bags of nugs makes it worthwhile..
    In a town near me...lol

Give Peas A Chance…
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    Wow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    In a town near me...lol

Nice 👍 mine are small compared to those ...
    That person has to have a health Canada grow licence...

We are legally allowed to grow 4 plants under 100cm in height...but if you are health Canada approved, well you can grow a Cannabis tree...
    Give Peas A Chance…

We are legally allowed to grow 4 plants under 100cm in height...but if you are health Canada approved, well you can grow a Cannabis tree...
    Im moving 😆😆
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Im moving 😆😆
    I'm surprised it has not been legalized or decriminalized in Europe by now.  I thought Europe was far more liberal toward Cannabis.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Not here. Cant see it. The general mindset to cannabis is that is a DRUG . Although we are  a nation of alcoholics. Doesn't  add up
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Not here. Cant see it. The general mindset to cannabis is that is a DRUG . Although we are  a nation of alcoholics. Doesn't  add up
    I think it will be legal someday in most of Europe.  In Canada it was a natural progression, under the previous conservative government they made getting a medicinal licence between you and your doctor...so in many ways its be de facto legal for a lot longer...most doctors would fill out the paperwork.  I kept my medicinal...it is far cheaper than government weed.  However, it did not need to be made legal...just remove it as a controlled substance...

I never viewed that I need a politicians permission to partake in the bud...been smoking since my teens...

And these jagoff politicians who oppose likely are poring scotch down their throat every night...politicians are nothing but hypocrites...

As you said, we have plenty of alcoholics and we know the damage done by booze...yet with Cannabis I've yet to read a concrete article that suggests it causes harm to adults.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The people here are banging on about psychosis  spelt wrong prob.  
    Thats all they have but again the damage alcohol  causes is way more . And not to mention tobacco.  
    It is a non arguement  to me
    All i will  say is we have a generation  of teens right now dependent  on weed and they dont work and wonder around like zombies. 
    We have a cocaine epidemic in london. That is huge here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Thats all they have but again the damage alcohol  causes is way more . And not to mention tobacco.  
    All i will  say is we have a generation  of teens right now dependent  on weed and they dont work and wonder around like zombies. 
    Cannabis has never caused me to be less motivated.  Kids today are not always the most motivated, so it might not be just the weed...

I am a little surprised that a lot more countries have not removed Cannabis as a controlled substance by now.  Just goes to show you how much the pharmaceutical and alcohol industry has invested in governments world wide... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    okay, boston jammers.... 

basically imma come out and say it

how easy is it to get one of these pen  doo hickys into Fenway Pawk ???
     ;) 
    Cannabis has never caused me to be less motivated.  Kids today are not always the most motivated, so it might not be just the weed...

I am a little surprised that a lot more countries have not removed Cannabis as a controlled substance by now.  Just goes to show you how much the pharmaceutical and alcohol industry has invested in governments world wide... 
    Yep I can go out buy a beer brewing kit and make beer as strong as I can at home no problem , but try to grow a plant and get thrown in jail for yrs ..
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    okay, boston jammers.... 

;) 
    Ive taken a " 5th pocket" lots of places...very stealthy device..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

okay, boston jammers.... 

;) 
    It’s easier to eat an edible and enjoy the ride , that’s all I do whenever I go to sporting events or concerts eat one or two and just smile 😊...
    okay, boston jammers.... 

;) 
    It’s easier to eat an edible and enjoy the ride , that’s all I do whenever I go to sporting events or concerts eat one or two and just smile 😊...
    Legendary 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    okay, boston jammers.... 

;) 
    Only problem is it usually kicks in before the show starts, so the pro-tip is to eat a nice size meal and finish with the edible to delay the digestion and onset.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I always bring doobies. I have smoked at every single concert I’ve ever been too and never had a problem. I did have a joint confiscated at the door of a show once. It was in my cigarette pack and typically they never open the pack, but on that occasion they not only opened my pack, but smelled it. Wtf? I told them, “enjoy my doobie when you smoke it later, it’s some killer.” They still let me in.

rgambs said:
    okay, boston jammers.... 

;) 
    Only problem is it usually kicks in before the show starts, so the pro-tip is to eat a nice size meal and finish with the edible to delay the digestion and onset.
    I have down to a science my edibles take 45 to 90 minutes to take affect , I plan accordingly if I wanna be high as I walk into venue i eat it 1hr before the show or game starts , as a matter of fact tomorrow I’m going  to Mets game start time is 7 so I eat it at 6 by 1st beer/pitch I’m all smiles 😃
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    okay, boston jammers.... 

;) 
    I have down to a science my edibles take 45 to 90 minutes to take affect , I plan accordingly if I wanna be high as I walk into venue i eat it 1hr before the show or game starts , as a matter of fact tomorrow I’m going  to Mets game start time is 7 so I eat it at 6 by 1st beer/pitch I’m all smiles 😃
    Doesn't work so easily for GA entry though lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    rgambs said:
    okay, boston jammers.... 

;) 
    Might need to up the dose if you are going to watch the Mets!