The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Now this is the way to enjoy a Covid Saturday. 

*thumb included for size reference; this sucker is two grams  :lol:

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627

Whoa, nice! That’s some good marketing...and a smart purchase ;)

We got Gelato, which is pretty tried and true, and a new one called Jilly Bean. Plus a couple edibles. 

This shall be a good evening. And Sunday morning.

And afternoon :lol:
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    hedonist said:
    Whoa, nice! That’s some good marketing...and a smart purchase ;)

We got Gelato, which is pretty tried and true, and a new one called Jilly Bean. Plus a couple edibles. 

This shall be a good evening. And Sunday morning.

And afternoon :lol:
    Nice!! Enjoy 😉. I have to get to bed early so this will help. Early surf session. 
  • marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    So question to the group. My daughter suffers pretty badly from depression and anxiety. She is on a ton of stuff that just doesn’t seem to be helping her much after 4-5 years of treatment. Her current Dr is against using pot as a potential treatment for her condition. But doing a lot of research the last couple of years we are going to explore it as another tool to help her cope. 

Anyway the state next to us has legal recreational use and so my wife went last week and bout some gummies, a chocolate bar and a couple joints. I have never in my life tried pot. I do drink 3-4 beers twice a week and more if there are holidays or get togethers but never was really around it much. Anyway, sitting here in my late 40s I am thinking of trying an edible :) How does it compare to drinking and what should I expect? I read you have to be really patient and it can take 1-2 hours to kick in. Seems only time people have trouble is when after 20 minutes they dont feel anything they take more and more, lol. A little nervous, but hey its 2020 why not.
    marjen said:
    So question to the group. My daughter suffers pretty badly from depression and anxiety. She is on a ton of stuff that just doesn’t seem to be helping her much after 4-5 years of treatment. Her current Dr is against using pot as a potential treatment for her condition. But doing a lot of research the last couple of years we are going to explore it as another tool to help her cope. 

Anyway the state next to us has legal recreational use and so my wife went last week and bout some gummies, a chocolate bar and a couple joints. I have never in my life tried pot. I do drink 3-4 beers twice a week and more if there are holidays or get togethers but never was really around it much. Anyway, sitting here in my late 40s I am thinking of trying an edible :) How does it compare to drinking and what should I expect? I read you have to be really patient and it can take 1-2 hours to kick in. Seems only time people have trouble is when after 20 minutes they dont feel anything they take more and more, lol. A little nervous, but hey its 2020 why not.
    Take less than you think you need! My tolerance is high; I can handle 50 to 75 mg of THC in edibles, but for someone who’s never indulged, I’d recommend starting with 5mg.

Good luck! And I really hope it (or something else) helps your daughter. Not one of my many doctors have batted an eye when I tell them I use cannabis daily for pain, anxiety, sleep, and release.

i wish more in the medical profession endorsed its use, or at least did adequate research before denying it to their patients. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    How old is your daughter.  I wouldn't  use any until after 21 when the  brain has formed. From my owm personal experience of me and friends. It messes with the forming of the brain chemicals and MAY cause mental health problems.  As i and most i know that smoked  as kids. But like i say thats just my experience 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    As far as 40 year old. Go for it man. One life only 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    How old is your daughter.  I wouldn't  use any until after 21 when the  brain has formed. From my owm personal experience of me and friends. It messes with the forming of the brain chemicals and MAY cause mental health problems.  As i and most i know that smoked  as kids. But like i say thats just my experience 
    She is 21. And honestly they have had her on sooo many drugs over the last few years, not sure how those will effect her long term either. :(
    Went for it :) let you know how it goes. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    marjen said:
    Be safe I hope you enjoy the experience ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    marjen said:
    And if you take too much, just ride it out! It will pass. Don't call 911.  =)
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:
    marjen said:
    And if you take too much, just ride it out! It will pass. Don't call 911.  =)
    lol 😂 
    marjen said:
    So did you make it out alive?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

The nug is from my connection insane taste & potent, the plants are two of my five I have going should yield a nice amount for all of the year till next summer!!
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited August 2020

2 grams in 5 joints and a lighter per pack

• Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484

I buy that sometimes. I like Payton. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,432

The nug is from my connection insane taste & potent, the plants are two of my five I have going should yield a nice amount for all of the year till next summer!!
    Looking good Jose 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Wow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    marjen said:
    So did you make it out alive?

Starting to wonder...lol..maybe should take a toke first instead of edible?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Anybody see 60 minutes last night?  There seems to an abundance of cannabis and not enough buyers, lol.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    Anybody see 60 minutes last night?  There seems to an abundance of cannabis and not enough buyers, lol.
    Are they lowering the prices?
    cutz said:
    No and that is why the black market is booming.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    cutz said:
    Do you think more people are growing their own now and that might be contributing to the abundance as well?             
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    cutz said:
    I'm not surprised.
    There is a shortage here in u.k
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

cutz said:
    Do you think more people are growing their own now and that might be contributing to the abundance as well?             
    That wasn't what the story focused on but I would tend to agree with that.  Why not grow your own?

So basically there is so much red tape to go through to sell and the people that pay the fees and applications and do the right thing, are growing and selling.  Only problem is that to make their initial and continued investment, the cost of weed is high.

Why buy it for x when you can purchase for Y or just DIY and cut out everyone all together.

At the end of the day either the big companies will still be standing or the experiment that has been happening w legal weed will go to hell because of the blackmarket growing and buying. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Hmmm, I don't know that the black market is doing much here in WA. Our shop prices aren't bad (in line or cheaper than I was buying from "a guy") but I have convenience, selection, labeling, and a product that must meet standards. There are lots of reasons why I have no desire to grow my own (including the illegality factor), many of those reasons are the same reasons I buy potatoes and broccoli from the grocery store rather than growing my own. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08